Options

The new 'I f***in' feeel like talking about 'Riot Act' thread.

Comments

• Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    VEDDERFAN1 wrote:
    Hey I knew I was going to catch hell but your just a bitch - mean. My oppion can be posted any where on this site because it is a site for oppions to be aired. So get the stick out of your ass and enjoy riot act if you feel it. I don't, but I wouldn't get on you for liking it. Man what an immature bitch you are.
    :cool:

Actually, I consider someone to be an asshole when they come into a conversation about really enjoying something, and then totally ripping on it. This is exactly what you did. Plain rude. Like I said, I don't care what your opinion is, but don't yuck my yum. I don't post in the Yield thread saying that I hate Yield (I don't hate it, just making a point). So you can name call all you want. You still acted like a jerk, and you even knew it because you said yourself, you "were gonna get hell". Thus implying that you knew you were acting like an asshole.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    no he is allright, he just feels it is his duty to defend riot act, it is easy to get like that on this website, look what i did to that dude in the no code post
    try ripping matt when im around, i go suicidal
    we love pealr jam, compare what he did to if you posted stuff like that in the yield thread
    wow
    you have needed my help in there.

riot act is good stuf, the whole fucking catolougue is good except for 1 or 2

Thanks nowayimfaithfull. You've gotten way more articulate (at least in your online, forum, writing :p) since we first bickered. Its pretty refreshing. I also really liked your first post!
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Thanks nowayimfaithfull. You've gotten way more articulate (at least in your online, forum, writing :p) since we first bickered. Its pretty refreshing. I also really liked your first post!

well if you remeber everyone was going along fine and that dude scarlet ledbeter came in a hit me way below the belt, and basically dedicated all his posts to bashing myself and matt, we had yucked it up about old school, and then that dave a weed post surfaced

also that week i had to go to a funeral for my daughters friends dad, who i just happened to coach her in soccer, it was a bad week.

have you sen afternoon delight with will ferrell yet
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    well if you remeber everyone was going along fine and that dude scarlet ledbeter came in a hit me way below the belt, and basically dedicated all his posts to bashing myself and matt, we had yucked it up about old school, and then that dave a weed post surfaced

also that week i had to go to a funeral for my daughters friends dad, who i just happened to coach her in soccer, it was a bad week.

have you sen afternoon delight with will ferrell yet

Oh bummer. Sorry about that week. Yea we did "yuck" it up a bit.

And no, I haven't seen it yet - what exactly is it? You may have told me, but I definitely forgot.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Oh bummer. Sorry about that week. Yea we did "yuck" it up a bit.

And no, I haven't seen it yet - what exactly is it? You may have told me, but I definitely forgot.

there is a straight up music video of the anchorman cast singing afternoon delight, nit just hoamonizing like in the movie, fucking instruments, and a video

it is a pure classic, and it is done well

no more shows
  • Options
    there is a straight up music video of the anchorman cast singing afternoon delight, nit just hoamonizing like in the movie, fucking instruments, and a video

Oh wow. I think I'll have to try and find it on youtube or google video. After I watch it I'll let you know what I think.
  • Options

Just watched it. Fucking hysterical.

"I'm talking about daytime love making"
  • Options
    ElkaElka Posts: 43
    yosi wrote:
    Also, check out the Balogna setlist! Four Riot Act songs! And Bushleaguer!!!

Also, Can't Keep was apparently played in tonights soundcheck!!! Lucky European bastards ;):D!!!

Soundchecked but not played the last two shows?! I've been hoping all tour that it would show up somewhere, anywhere! Such a great song that deserves to be played.

I saw that Bologna setlist too! Bushleaguer is always a nice surprise. We got it here at the St. Paul '03 show, one of the first times it was played after the whole Denver thing. Stellar version of it too!
  • Options
    save you fuckers

that is a great fall song

no more shows
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,117
    On the official PJ website, in the goods section.....

I wonder why they still have the Riot Act vinyl there, when it is 'out of stock'.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.  5-10-2024 Portland.  5-30-2024 Seattle.
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    Cant keep- 8
    save you- 8
    lbc- 6
    cropduster- 7
    ghost- 4
    i am mine- 8
    thumbing- 7
    you are- 7
    ghost- 5
    green disease- 10
    keep right- 6
    help help- 5
    1/2 full- 5
    all or none- 6
    arc-5
    bushleaguer 6
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    eduardo wrote:
    Cant keep- 8
    save you- 8
    lbc- 6
    cropduster- 7
    ghost- 4
    i am mine- 8
    thumbing- 7
    you are- 7
    ghost- 5
    green disease- 10
    keep right- 6
    help help- 5
    1/2 full- 5
    all or none- 6
    arc-5
    bushleaguer 6

its hard to listen to someone who rates half full a 5
    and is keep right a b side

heheheheheh

no more shows
  • Options
    its hard to listen to someone who rates half full a 5
    and is keep right a b side

heheheheheh

Lol, he also rated Ghost twice. Maybe it's he drunk ;)
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Lol, he also rated Ghost twice. Maybe it's he drunk ;)

Yes and he rated it differant both times.
    That is good stuf.
    I listened to this album the other night, and the drumming on it is great. I think there is also a trilogy in the making on this album.

Cropduster, Ghost, I am mine

no more shows
  • Options
    Yes and he rated it differant both times.
    That is good stuf.
    I listened to this album the other night, and the drumming on it is great. I think there is also a trilogy in the making on this album.

Cropduster, Ghost, I am mine

A new trilogy huh? ;)
    Care to elaborate?
  • Options
    pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    I cannot be bothered to read all of this thread. But I love Riot Act and so do my kids (it's their favourite album). Why no love for Cropduster, I cant understand this as I think it's a great song. Songs like All or None are not tired and old. This is a great bluesy track, I'd love to hear it live. And Can't Keep was played as an opener at Melb 3 last time and it was a great opener, this song is in a class of its own. I dont like Help Help at all but since the production doesnt kill it when it's played live, it's bearable to hear live.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    A new trilogy huh? ;)
    Care to elaborate?
    \

Yeahhhaal.

Evreyone boosts about all these trilogies on these albums where the songs roll of eachother and kick major ass.
    I never really here any talk about riot act like that so I am mentioning it.

no more shows
  • Options
    \

Yeahhhaal.

Evreyone boosts about all these trilogies on these albums where the songs roll of eachother and kick major ass.

Oh I thought you meant like a Mamasan III.
  • Options
    \

Yeahhhaal.

I've actually mentioned it before :).

I describe it as kind of starting with LBC actually. Its like being out at sea. You start off and things start to get crazy through Cropduster and during Ghost you reach the crescendo of a storm, and there are waves crashing everywhere. And then you are caught, anchored, and brought back in to safety by I Am Mine, a steady straightforward rocker.

At least thats how it feels when I listen to it.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    I've actually mentioned it before :).

I describe it as kind of starting with LBC actually. Its like being out at sea. You start off and things start to get crazy through Cropduster and during Ghost you reach the crescendo of a storm, and there are waves crashing everywhere. And then you are caught, anchored, and brought back in to safety by I Am Mine, a steady straightforward rocker.

At least thats how it feels when I listen to it.

The only problem with that is lbc is the best song on hte album, in a trilogy for me the best song has to be the third.

Crop/ great melodiess gets heavy at the end, ghost kicks ass and gradually gets heavier than crop, i am mine is a masterpice well written brings you down a notch and then criples you at the end.

no more shows
  • Options
    The only problem with that is lbc is the best song on hte album, in a trilogy for me the best song has to be the third.

I hear that. My favorite on the album is actually All or None. Thats also why LBC isn't exactly part of that trilogy (also trilogies can only be three songs not four :o), just kind of like a prelude to it.
    Crop/ great melodiess gets heavy at the end, ghost kicks ass and gradually gets heavier than crop, i am mine is a masterpice well written brings you down a notch and then criples you at the end.

Yup.
  • Options
    Ill tell you what, people say matts drums suck and all, and why doesnt he do soundgarend sound, the drums on riot act i have been studying, this album has a down on the upside feel to it in some spots.
    Especailly in ghost, that time change and his time signatures in that song are very soundgarden oriented.

Get right also.
    Yes a lil generic for a pear jam song but not for sg,

get right is as close to sg as pealr jam has gotten

no more shows
  • Options
    this album is real good
    i think the problem and i have been there, is people look for timing they can relate too, and keep it pj simple
    fan favorites

green disease, has a rvm fel to it
    i am mine has a jack drumming feel to it
    save you sounds like it would have been on vitalogy
    the rest is very diferant.

avacodo has pearl jam roots all over it
    easier first listen, i think alot of people dont even listen to these albums when they dont hear what they want, it would explain all the silly matt comments about riot act.
    Becasue they are just plain nonsense.
    he plays a 4/4 drum beat for the intro to the record and thats it.

no more shows
  • Options
    this album is real good
    i think the problem and i have been there, is people look for timing they can relate too, and keep it pj simple
    fan favorites

green disease, has a rvm fel to it
    i am mine has a jack drumming feel to it
    save you sounds like it would have been on vitalogy
    the rest is very diferant.

avacodo has pearl jam roots all over it
    easier first listen, i think alot of people dont even listen to these albums when they dont hear what they want, it would explain all the silly matt comments about riot act.
    Becasue they are just plain nonsense.
    he plays a 4/4 drum beat for the intro to the record and thats it.

I think that people also have this strange idea that Ed lost his voice on Riot Act. I think he was just working with another style that fit these songs real well, and has his signature all over it.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    I think that people also have this strange idea that Ed lost his voice on Riot Act. I think he was just working with another style that fit these songs real well, and has his signature all over it.

I think Ed's voice fits perfectly with the theme of the album :)
    I think he tried using it too much on the tour though with older songs where it makes him sound old and tired.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:

Well I told you earlier in the thread I thought ed was looking to sound more educated on this album, he was hanging out with those authors, and spending time in boston, trying to be all articulate.
    I thought that was why the more simple rock aproach feel to the music was made.

Riot act was my favorite till pearl jam.
    I always go with the new.

no more shows
  • Options
    Well I told you earlier in the thread I thought ed was looking to sound more educated on this album, he was hanging out with those authors, and spending time in boston, trying to be all articulate.
    I thought that was why the more simple rock aproach feel to the music was made.

Riot act was my favorite till pearl jam.
    I always go with the new.

Yea, I know. And then I called you a fair-weather fan ;).
  • Options
    okay ill play both at the same time

hows that

ill be the fucking man

better yet, ill go out and get 8 cd players and play all 8 albums at once

no more shows
  • Options
    okay ill play both at the same time

hows that

ill be the fucking man

better yet, ill go out and get 8 cd players and play all 8 albums at once

Awesome. Now thats a true fan! :D
  • Options
    All or None was played tonight!!!! Woohooo! Welcome back to that song!