A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
  • reinforces my decision to give up on this series. as if it wasn't convoluted and confusing enough......now they recast characters. :fp:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    reinforces my decision to give up on this series. as if it wasn't convoluted and confusing enough......now they recast characters. :fp:

They recanted The Mountain Who Rides once already, but this new guy fits the part much better. Maybe even better than the first guy. Not really gonna be that noticeable since the middle guy only showed up a time or 2.

I wouldn't give up on the series. It's just starting to get good and the seasons are gonna be packed full of stuff if they stick to the 7 planned seasons. Dunno how anybody could quit watching after the Red Wedding. That single event made me pull the trigger on the books.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Well hopefully it won't happen again. He does look the part much more than the second guy.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    intodeep wrote:
    Well hopefully it won't happen again. He does look the part much more than the second guy.

I don't remember what either of the first 2 actors look like. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Better Dan wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I don't remember what either of the first 2 actors look like. :lol:

Same here.

I just finished book 4. Enough with the Greyjoys already. I can't believe all those people died. :lol::lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/14/ ... c97b00003b

The mother of dragons is also the mother of mankind's future savior.

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke has won the role of Sarah Connor in Terminator: Genesis, reports Variety. Clarke, who had been vying for the role with Short Term 12's Brie Larson, was cast following a screen test. Jason Clarke (Zero Dark Thirty) was recently cast as Sarah's revolutionary son John Connor.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894

So much more good stuff to come this season, can't wait
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    I'm excited. They recast Dario too which is great. I did not like the actor and the one they are bringing in is Sonny from Treme

Can't wait to see the trailer on Sunday
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Woot!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Time to read book 5 now
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Season 4 Trailer to air right before True Detective this Sunday night.
    GOT has tweeted about 4 vine teases of the trailer tease. Daenerys is looking good!
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I've rewatched all three seasons with commentary (highly recommended to those who haven't read the books) and I still have a question. Why did Roose Bolton turn against the Starks? It doesn't seem logical.
    gabers said:

I've rewatched all three seasons with commentary (highly recommended to those who haven't read the books) and I still have a question. Why did Roose Bolton turn against the Starks? It doesn't seem logical.

Wasn't he promised Harrenhall?

Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    JK_Livin said:

gabers said:

He was promised the North if the Lannisters won
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • this year gap ,waititng for a show to start new season,is so boring
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    JK_Livin said:

gabers said:

He was to be "warden of the north" until Tyrion's hypothetical son is old enough to rule. Still seems like not enough to warrant turning on his old friends and killing them in cold blood.

They dont' have time to go into on the show but the Bolton's have always had a history of being a problem for the Starks. They have always wanted to rule the north and have been a thorn in their side.

I so can't wait for this to start back up
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    This season is gonna be mindblowing!!! Can't freaking wait. I've watched that trailer about 30x already.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    lol
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

Take a seat my love and enjoy the show... :)

• Red Viper!!!!

Does anyone have a guess who the guy is at :30? Looks like he is going to die...

Red Viper!!!!

Does anyone have a guess who the guy is at :30? Looks like he is going to die...

Is that Monk?

• prismprism Posts: 2,440
    edited January 2014
    since tv has being so boring the last week or so I recently decided to give this show a try. now i'm 1/2 way through the first season (episodes 1-5). i'm not reading this thread or watching previews for spoilers as I'm undecided if i'll stick with it to catch up before season 4 begins. imo thus far the gory guts sword fighting & jousting is just overdone....overkill.

for anyone's that's been watching all along does this show ever move past the constant bloody grisly killings? or is it just more of the same with different backdrops?
    Post edited by prism on
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    edited January 2014
    photos from the upcoming season:

^the new Daario Naharis

imageimage
    Post edited by Yarden on
    I just started book 5
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JK_Livin said:

I just started book 5

take your time! ... who knows when book 6 will be out!