A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    intodeep wrote:
    I wouldn't underestimate a son of eddard stark. ;)
    Yeah look what happened when tywin did. He has got his ass beat every time he fought Rob

For the record Maisie Williams (arya) is 16 and Sophie Turner (sansa) is 17. They are about a year and a half apart.
    I think show wise though they aer both slightly younger. I know in the books when it starts sansa is like 15 and arya is maybe 13?

I thought Arya was 9 or 10.... I'm getting a bit bored with the naked chicks anyways. Id rather see Arya kill more people, then waste time on seeing Shae or someone naked again. There is so much story to tell, that this is just taking away screen time with all the boobs.

I see no reason there cant be both at the same time.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.

• I thought Arya was 9 or 10.... I'm getting a bit bored with the naked chicks anyways. Id rather see Arya kill more people, then waste time on seeing Shae or someone naked again. There is so much story to tell, that this is just taking away screen time with all the boobs.

nude jousts!!!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820

I thought Arya was 9 or 10.... I'm getting a bit bored with the naked chicks anyways. Id rather see Arya kill more people, then waste time on seeing Shae or someone naked again. There is so much story to tell, that this is just taking away screen time with all the boobs.
    +1
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Nead moar dragunz
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

nude jousts!!!

don't guys have an issue with crossing swords*??

*figure of speech... I know jousting doesn't use swords.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    voidofman wrote:
    Nead moar dragunz

Agreed. Its a cost thing. The dragon scenes are very expensive to make.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    voidofman wrote:
    Nead moar dragunz

You think? There's only been a couple scenes where I thought they were all that cool, the big reveal in the first season and when they fucked up the slave master. Don't get me wrong, I dig the dragons, but there are so many things to move forward that more dragons would make it drag more.
    DewieCox wrote:
    voidofman wrote:
    Nead moar dragunz

You think? There's only been a couple scenes where I thought they were all that cool, the big reveal in the first season and when they fucked up the slave master. Don't get me wrong, I dig the dragons, but there are so many things to move forward that more dragons would make it drag more.

Im just waiting for then to start kicking ass a little more.
    Tonights episode expectations.

I am worried we are going to get another buildup episode. It just seems that things are moving quite slowly the last few weeks. I think the last two episodes everything will hit the fan.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704

I am worried we are going to get another buildup episode. It just seems that things are moving quite slowly the last few weeks. I think the last two episodes everything will hit the fan.

I thought there wasn't going to be an episode tonite
    aqo2t.jpg
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425

The previews always look badass, but I think it could turn out to be a pretty good one. Probably not the payoff of the episodes a few weeks from now, but we'll get to see the start of Arya with the Hound and some more Tywin/Joffrey interaction.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    DewieCox wrote:

The previews always look badass, but I think it could turn out to be a pretty good one. Probably not the payoff of the episodes a few weeks from now, but we'll get to see the start of Arya with the Hound and some more Tywin/Joffrey interaction.

that tywin/joffery scene in the last episode was just bad ass. glad to see there's still some fear in joffery... lol..

i'm actually going to get to watch tonight's episode tonight, so I should be able to join in the review conversation tomorrow morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. :D

what did we all do before torrents and DVR's :lol: :fp:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

that tywin/joffery scene in the last episode was just bad ass. glad to see there's still some fear in joffery... lol..

i'm actually going to get to watch tonight's episode tonight, so I should be able to join in the review conversation tomorrow morning for the first time in a couple of weeks. :D

what did we all do before torrents and DVR's :lol: :fp:

VCRs! :lol:
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    pjradio wrote:

i think there won't be one next week.. i might be wrong
    Yarden wrote:
    pjradio wrote:

i think there won't be one next week.. i might be wrong

Memorial Day weekend there is no show, from what I was told.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    YAY, the return of Naked Khaleesi!

Finally get to see a White Walker again. What was up with that tree with the face on it and the crows? I guess the crows warn the Nights Watch?

Bewbs O' Plenty in this episode.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I liked tonite's episode. The scene between Cersei and Loras was hilarious. I do feel bad for Loras.

Also no jon snow. So that sucked. But the scene with the red witch and Gendry kinda made up for it.

Glad to see the dragon glass (was that what it's called? I can't remember) finally showing it's significance.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435

• nude jousts!!!

don't guys have an issue with crossing swords*??

*figure of speech... I know jousting doesn't use swords.

of course I meant women jousts!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    What the hell??
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    YAY, the return of Naked Khaleesi!

Finally get to see a White Walker again. What was up with that tree with the face on it and the crows? I guess the crows warn the Nights Watch?

Bewbs O' Plenty in this episode.
    Seriously it has been entirely too long since we saw Dany's breast! :D That made this episode fantastic!

The tree with the face is a weirwood tree. These trees are holy trees for the folks in the north who worship the old gods. It is where they go to pray. When the men of nights watch take their vows they do it in front of a Weirwood tree. They've shown them a few times.

The crows are something entirely different and won't really be explained probably for two or three more seasons and by that time you'll forget this scene, but if you ever go back and watch its kind of cool they included them now.

I dug this episode. SAM THE SLAYER!!!!!! :D
    Dario looks nothing like he did in the books but whatever thats fine.

Tyrion is a great drunk! His scenes with sansa were very good and as i imagined them. I LOVED him telling joffrey he would need a wooden cock
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I don't want to see heads dumped out of a bag. I want to see how the heads got in the bag. More meat and potatoes please. Was Dario the guy with the bag of heads? I don't recall those three names.

Arya looked like the Hounds hand puppet the way she was riding on the horse. :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Yes Daario was the guy with the other two captains of the second sons heads.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Great Episode leading up to the final two. Looks like this season will end with a bang and lots of foreshadowing of things to come. The scene with Davos and Stannis was great. Same with Arya and Sam. And they do a such good job with making you hate Joffery.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    When Sam took the dragon glass, what happened to the rest of them? Did they leave them or take them and why didn't Sam pick up the knife he just killed a white walker with?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    When Sam took the dragon glass, what happened to the rest of them? Did they leave them or take them and why didn't Sam pick up the knife he just killed a white walker with?
    \

Not sure if he has more but it appeared the knife was destroyed when the walker died.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    \

Not sure if he has more but it appeared the knife was destroyed when the walker died.

They showed it hit the snow when the walker disintegrated.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Pretty much what I expected. Not a lot revealed but some interesting things for sure, like the obsidian knifes purpose and the wedding scene was great. Why do I get the feeling that Arya and the Hound aren't going to make it to Rob so easily? (rhetorical question)

Notice no dragons when she met with the three leaders. Why wouldn't she have them if she is trying to show her strength, must have been a production cost thing. So now we have to wait two weeks. :evil:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    \

Oh, well in that case I think it is because he is a giant pussy and just started running.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    \

He just panicked and ran off with Gilly. He still has a few more that he found.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    edited May 2013
    JK_Livin wrote:

He just panicked and ran off with Gilly. He still has a few more that he found.

s-kristen-wiig-gilly-large.jpg
    Post edited by rearviewross on