A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• No boobs in episode 4?? What gives?
    :lol:
    I have a friend who likes the series but cannot stop talking about how it has gone so far downhill since season 1 and all of the nudity. Seriously, ever time we mention it in discussion he goes on and on about the need for more Dany boobs. (I usually agree but am such a freak fan of the books that I can see past it, for once.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    intodeep wrote:
    rafie wrote:
    Those last few minutes with Dany might be the best minutes of television I have ever seen! Sexy as hell too when she started speaking in high Valyreian! :evil:
    I agree completly with!
    I rewatched it last night and that was so awesome. I love the look on Jeora and Barriston's face

"uh oh things are about to get bloody"

Yeah, the look on their faces was awesome. You could see the shock. They did not see that coming. It was also a kind of "wow, she is way smarter than I gave her credit for" kind of look. Now they understand why she scolded them for questioning her in public. She knows what the hell she is doing.

So during the opening title sequence they show that city with the slave army and it has what looks like football tackling sleds going across an open area in the city. What the hell is that?

btw I love the watching the opening title sequence. It is the only show that I actually watch it. I also love how they change it up with different cities for each season.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    btw I love the watching the opening title sequence. It is the only show that I actually watch it. I also love how they change it up with different cities for each season.

Really? I hate that opening sequence. It drives me nutz. I feel like they could have done something so much more with it...

to each his own i suppose.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    So during the opening title sequence they show that city with the slave army and it has what looks like football tackling sleds going across an open area in the city. What the hell is that?

First i too love the opening title sequence. It is smart and interactive. It is the gears moving in an intricate board game. The Game of Thrones! Plus I want to watch it every time instead of skipping it because it tells me what stories tehy are going to tell based on the locations it shows. My favorite opening ever
    (but yea to each their own it just hits the spot for me)

Second i noticed the same sleds in episode 4 and i've read the books and i wasn't quite sure what it was trying to show either :? It bothered me i felt like i had a shocking lack of knowledge which i generally don't feel when watching the show :lol:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    intodeep wrote:
    My roomate is lost and i think he is giving up on it. Which is okay because i get tired of explaining it to him :twisted:

If you guys have HBO GO I would recommend having your roomie check out their "viewer's guide". As I may or may not have mentioned previously in this thread I have a terrible memory and can't always keep the characters and storylines straight in my head (especially in between seasons) and I was completely lost the first couple episodes but I found that thing and spent a couple hours going through the episode recaps etc etc and it helped a lot.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    My roomate is lost and i think he is giving up on it. Which is okay because i get tired of explaining it to him :twisted:

If you guys have HBO GO I would recommend having your roomie check out their "viewer's guide". As I may or may not have mentioned previously in this thread I have a terrible memory and can't always keep the characters and storylines straight in my head (especially in between seasons) and I was completely lost the first couple episodes but I found that thing and spent a couple hours going through the episode recaps etc etc and it helped a lot.

I am the same way with memory. I try to watch each episode twice. I always watch the recap marathon before the next season as well. There is a ton to remember in this show. There is what 8 major characters to keep track of, each with a different story.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    btw,that scene Blondie gave orders and the army and dragons attacked was awesome..

I knew she could understand everything that dick was saying.

Me too!! :lol: For some reason I just had this feeling like she understood everything he said. Also I couldn't believe that he was willing to sell her the ENTIRE ARMY. Like how fucking dumb do you have to be? When she asks for the ones that haven't finished training... and is willing to exchange it all for a dragon... after everything we know she went through with that dirty-lipped creepo magic dude in Qarth..... Maybe it's just me but I was watching that like "this dude is gonna be dragon food and all the baby killing fuckers are gonna get mauled".
    Is it sad that all I could think about when Jamie fell into the mud was how infected his arm would get?

That was my first thought too. I think I might have screamed it at the tv. and thought 'he's gonna die from an infected stump!!!!'
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    duska3419 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I am the same way with memory. I try to watch each episode twice. I always watch the recap marathon before the next season as well. There is a ton to remember in this show. There is what 8 major characters to keep track of, each with a different story.

Yea, and I haven't read the books either. They're on the list. I try to do the recaps but for whatever reason I just didn't have time before season 3 start.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Just watched this epi... great stuff.

I've come to realize just how much of Season 1 I have already forgotten by watching thus far in Season 3.

Ok, so what allegiance are the guys that have J. Lannister and Brea again?

Agree with the many that have applauded the Khaleesi story arc. That was phenomenal stuff. The show continues to impress visually/fx -wise with the limited budget they have compared to cinmea.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    They are men of House Bolton (Roose Bolton is their leader he is a general with Rob Stark) so they are loyal to the Rob. They are taking them to Harrenhal (where Arya was until she left and where rob started the season until he got the letter of his grandfather's death) because that is where Roose Bolton is now.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    They are men of House Bolton (Roose Bolton is their leader he is a general with Rob Stark) so they are loyal to the Rob. They are taking them to Harrenhal (where Arya was until she left and where rob started the season until he got the letter of his grandfather's death) because that is where Roose Bolton is now.

So are we supposed to know what happened at Harrenhal yet? Were they going there to take it and it was already sacked? That was confusing to me. Was it abandoned when Tywin went to fight at Kings Landing and if so who killed everybody? Or do I just need to be patient and watch?
    intodeep wrote:
    Thank you.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    No boobs in episode 4?? What gives?
    The saddest thing is that we may never see Danys' boobs again :(
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    No boobs in episode 4?? What gives?
    The saddest thing is that we may never see Danys' boobs again :(

Ever heard of Google Images? :D
    Another question. Who is Littlefinger supposed to be marrying? Is that Catelynne Starks sister?

Also, am I remembering wrong, but wasnt Loras(Margeary's brother) gay and sleeping with her ex-husband? She wants to hook him up with Sansa.
    Another question. Who is Littlefinger supposed to be marrying? Is that Catelynne Starks sister?

Also, am I remembering wrong, but wasnt Loras(Margeary's brother) gay and sleeping with her ex-husband? She wants to hook him up with Sansa.

I asked the same question about Little finger, I dont think anyone answered. I believe the answer to both of your questions is yes.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

Maybe Loras swings?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894

I asked the same question about Little finger, I dont think anyone answered. I believe the answer to both of your questions is yes.

Yes, Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie to marry Kat's sister. And yes, Loras is gay and Margery is trying to set him up with Sansa. They are both moves to try and gain power for each family they are working for or part of. The Eyrie would help the Lanisters, and as they said in the episode, Sansa could be a key to gaining the North.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

Yes, Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie to marry Kat's sister. And yes, Loras is gay and Margery is trying to set him up with Sansa. They are both moves to try and gain power for each family they are working for or part of. The Eyrie would help the Lanisters, and as they said in the episode, Sansa could be a key to gaining the North.
    So basically the Lannisters dont want him marrying Catelynnes sister? Wouldnt they rather have him marry Sansa?
    Sansa marrying Loras would help them as well, no?

So basically the Lannisters dont want him marrying Catelynnes sister? Wouldnt they rather have him marry Sansa?

No, they do want him marrying her sister. That is who they are going to have him marry.

I think Margaery and her grandmother have a different agenda of their own apart from the Lannisters. She previously stated that she wants to be THE queen.
    It is a power struggle in a way, or a game. :D

If Sansa were to marry Loras Tylrell, that could give the Tyrells an in with the North. The Eyrie and their bannermen would benefit the Lanisters.

No, they do want him marrying her sister. That is who they are going to have him marry.

I think Margaery and her grandmother have a different agenda of their own apart from the Lannisters. She previously stated that she wants to be THE queen.
    LOL, Im talking about Littlefinger.

Of course Margaery will become queen when she marrry's Joffrey.

OK, I am confused then as to what you are asking. The Lannisters want Littlefinger to marry Catelyns sister so they can have the Eryie as their ally.

Obviously she will be the queen. I think she wants to be THE queen without a king.
    Don't want to give away any spoilers, but since they are following to books pretty close these questions regarding Littlefinger and Sansa should get explained more over the course of the season.

OK, I am confused then as to what you are asking. The Lannisters want Littlefinger to marry Catelyns sister so they can have the Eryie as their ally.

Obviously she will be the queen. I think she wants to be THE queen without a king.
    Trust me, I'm most likely confused here.

To me, wouldnt the Lannsiters want Littlefinger to marry Sansa, because she is next in line after Rob, and therefore she would be the rightful owner of the armies and riches of the North?

I get that Margaery wants Sansa to marry Loras, so the Tyrells would get Winterfells power/lands, but wouldnt that in turn help the lannisters, since she is marrying Joffrey? Or are Tyrells trying to eventually takeover the Lannisters? :crazy: :crazy:

Trust me, I'm most likely confused here.

To me, wouldnt the Lannsiters want Littlefinger to marry Sansa, because she is next in line after Rob, and therefore she would be the rightful owner of the armies and riches of the North?

I get that Margaery wants Sansa to marry Loras, so the Tyrells would get Winterfells power/lands, but wouldnt that in turn help the lannisters, since she is marrying Joffrey? Or are Tyrells trying to eventually takeover the Lannisters? :crazy: :crazy:

OK, I am on the same page now. :lol: I agree with everything you said. Like PJsteelerfan said, I think we need to just be patient.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    great episode.
    dany's scene at the end was so good. just wish it was longer.. favorite scene so far in the season..

they should've set up the resentment towards Mormont better but that was a great scene as well.

man, Bolton's men make the Lannisters look like the good guys..

the Queen of Thorns dominated the episode.. she was the "Tyrion" of the episode for me..

seeing some of the Starks reunite is really nice to see even if it's just a creepy dream..
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    All I can say is RAMSEY!!!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Don't want to give away any spoilers, but since they are following to books pretty close these questions regarding Littlefinger and Sansa should get explained more over the course of the season.

makes you want to just blurt out the clear answers to the confusion doesn't it??? I have a friend who is a big GOT fan and he hasn't read the books so when we talk about the series all I can do is tell him to remember the game.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

makes you want to just blurt out the clear answers to the confusion doesn't it??? I have a friend who is a big GOT fan and he hasn't read the books so when we talk about the series all I can do is tell him to remember the game.

I appreciate your restraint. :D