A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I take it that Danyerus and the Sullied are headed for Yunkai.

I noticed in this weeks opening overhead geographical sequence, the camera flew by Astapor and focused there.
    Never realized that each week the map shows the locations that will be included in that weeks storyline.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I take it that Danyerus and the Sullied are headed for Yunkai.

I noticed in this weeks opening overhead geographical sequence, the camera flew by Astapor and focused there.
    Never realized that each week the map shows the locations that will be included in that weeks storyline.
    Yeah it was weird they showed Yunkai but they were never really there in the show. That should be where she is headed next.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    pjradio wrote:
    "You know nothing Jon Sno..OH?..OHHH...OHH!"

definitely a fav moment of the episode
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    In the books i thought Ygritte was by far the sexiest chick, so to say i was looking forward to her getting naked would be an understatement.

Arya, still the best.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Another great episode. I love Arya, kill him!! She was going to put that knife right through his chest! :lol:

I am dieing to find out how he is going to get the bridge guy to give him his army after he reneged on his wedding to his daughter.

The scenes with Danarius were interesting. Power struggle already between the two men. Also when she offered that they change their names and he declined her face had a look of surprise and kind of like oh, crap I screwed up and should not have said that. That is how I read it anyway.

But we don't know if he knows that Robb is already married.

robb is married??? :think:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Another great episode. I love Arya, kill him!! She was going to put that knife right through his chest! :lol:

I am dieing to find out how he is going to get the bridge guy to give him his army after he reneged on his wedding to his daughter.

The scenes with Danarius were interesting. Power struggle already between the two men. Also when she offered that they change their names and he declined her face had a look of surprise and kind of like oh, crap I screwed up and should not have said that. That is how I read it anyway.

But we don't know if he knows that Robb is already married.

I can't remember her name, but she was the dark haired field nurse after one of the battles. She was in the room when Robb was sentencing the 4 or 5 that killed the Lannister kids.

Great episode. I think better than the week before overall. It really advanced more of the whole story than meets the eye. Seems like alot of the plotlines are joining back together again, yet the introduce another with Stannis' family and Davos.

Tywin is such a badass. His scenes account for 1/4 of the best 20 or so scenes in the whole series so far.

Glad they finally brought up the tension between Jorah and Berristan and I forgot all about Jorah renegging on poisoning Dany.

Nice to see the Hound win his freedom.

I hope Gendry and Arya stay together. If not he may get caught up with the Melisandre and her search for royal blood.
    DewieCox wrote:

I can't remember her name, but she was the dark haired field nurse after one of the battles. She was in the room when Robb was sentencing the 4 or 5 that killed the Lannister kids.

Great episode. I think better than the week before overall. It really advanced more of the whole story than meets the eye. Seems like alot of the plotlines are joining back together again, yet the introduce another with Stannis' family and Davos.

Tywin is such a badass. His scenes account for 1/4 of the best 20 or so scenes in the whole series so far.

Glad they finally brought up the tension between Jorah and Berristan and I forgot all about Jorah renegging on poisoning Dany.

I hope Gendry and Arya stay together. If not he may get caught up with the Melisandre and her search for royal blood.

her name is jeyne.

tywin lannister is an arsehole.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    DewieCox wrote:

her name is jeyne.

tywin lannister is an arsehole.
    Jeyne was the name of the bride in the book. In the show they cut her out and added a new character: tysile (or something like that). The black haired one from Volantis that Robb met treating the wounded on the field of battle last season.

Tywin Lannister is awesome. Horrible father, but awesome. Best Hand that Joffery could ever hope for.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    rafie wrote:
    Jeyne was the name of the bride in the book. In the show they cut her out and added a new character: tysile (or something like that). The black haired one from Volantis that Robb met treating the wounded on the field of battle last season.

Tywin Lannister is awesome. Horrible father, but awesome. Best Hand that Joffery could ever hope for.

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh. im calling bullshit. *angry face*
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    OH YEAH!!! FINALLY!!!! jon snows bare arse.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/blog.aspx?blog ... ments=true
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    OH YEAH!!! FINALLY!!!! jon snows bare arse.

http://www.yourtv.com.au/blog.aspx?blog ... ments=true
    MOAR!!!

also is that quote in ur quotey box thing at the bottom john stewart mill?
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Ok, I just finished book 2. Who was the group that killed Rodrick and the others as they were about to storm Winterfell? I guess it's the group that has Theon captive in Season 3?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Ok, I just finished book 2. Who was the group that killed Rodrick and the others as they were about to storm Winterfell? I guess it's the group that has Theon captive in Season 3?

Its a big spoiler to answer, but it will be revealed and explained.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    JK_Livin wrote:

Its a big spoiler to answer, but it will be revealed and explained.

Ok. I need to pick up the pace on book 3 then.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    JK_Livin wrote:

Isnt there a separate thread for the book?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    JK_Livin wrote:

Isnt there a separate thread for the book?

Yes, I guess I was thinking that group was revealed in the show already and I missed it. I'm only done book 2, I'm afraid to go in that thread. :lol:
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    you should not go in that thread if you have not read the book it is littered with spoilers
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    JK_Livin wrote:

Whose Rodrick again? :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    Better Dan wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Whose Rodrick again? :lol:

The guy that Theon took like 4 wacks to cut off his head.
    rodrik_cassel.jpg
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    what was the deal with Stannis' wife and the dead babies? is that somewhere in the books?
    Yarden wrote:
    what was the deal with Stannis' wife and the dead babies? is that somewhere in the books?

I am guessing we will find out. Asking for spoilers is akin to posting spoilers. ;)
    Yarden wrote:

I am guessing we will find out. Asking for spoilers is akin to posting spoilers. ;)

yeah we could tell you but then wed have to kill you. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Yarden wrote:

i dont even remember it from the book so whatever it is about will be new to me again!
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Yarden wrote:
    With all the other shit going on, a couple of dead male babies in a jar are the least of my concerns.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    Yarden wrote:

sorry about that.. i just meant, are there babies in jars anywhere in there or is that just something they did in the show.. not asking for the storyline or anything..

but it's good to know you're staying strong under pressure and not spoiling.. :)
    Yarden wrote:
    Yarden wrote:

sorry about that.. i just meant, are there babies in jars anywhere in there or is that just something they did in the show.. not asking for the storyline or anything..

but it's good to know you're staying strong under pressure and not spoiling.. :)
    I'm fairly sure it was mentioned either in season two or this one that Selyse has not been able to produce a male heir for stannis. I seem to remember him telling Melisandra he wants the son his wife can not give him. Those are her babies. She kept them and named them :? wtf

The babies in jars are not in the books funny story about that
    Bryan Cogman who wrote this episode and in my opinion outside of when GRRM does the writing keeps to the books the best out of all of them. He really loves the books and gets the true spirit.

He said he woke up one night and the idea that Selyse would keep the still born sons in jars came to him. He wrote the idea down and his wife was like what are you doing. So he asked do you think stillborn babies in jars is too our there for HBO. She said just put it in and they will cut it when they edit it.

He got the final cut and was amazed they went with it since he totally just threw it in expecting them to cut it.

It does help to show that Selyse's elevator does not go to the top floor and she is a bit out there. Perhaps part of the reason Stannis does not like spending time with her.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    thanks! that's very interesting. i have noticed that the episodes he writes try to adhere to the books as much as possible although the creators have a final say.
    the jars thing was just wierd to watch. does it make sense for that to happen in a world that's like the middle ages?
    also, it reminded me a bit of the governor in the walking dead..
    agree i thought of walking dead too and i'm not so sure about how much sense it makes.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Yarden wrote:
    thanks! that's very interesting. i have noticed that the episodes he writes try to adhere to the books as much as possible although the creators have a final say.
    the jars thing was just wierd to watch. does it make sense for that to happen in a world that's like the middle ages?
    also, it reminded me a bit of the governor in the walking dead..

I thought of that too but they do have Wild Fire so I suppose they could have formaldehyde.

Speaking of Walking Dead, Cubeegirl posted this on the Walking Dead thread. Its pretty damn funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

Staying on topic though, his wife does seem pretty nutso. She cried with joy when she found out he slept with the fire witch? Tiger Woods should have married her.
    lol seriously Stannis had to be like um okay not the reaction i expected.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22