A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Don't want to give away any spoilers, but since they are following to books pretty close these questions regarding Littlefinger and Sansa should get explained more over the course of the season.

makes you want to just blurt out the clear answers to the confusion doesn't it??? I have a friend who is a big GOT fan and he hasn't read the books so when we talk about the series all I can do is tell him to remember the game.

I appreciate your restraint. :D

youre welcome. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Just so those who have not read the books are clear Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie to marry Catlyn's sister Lysa who we met in season one who still lets her 8 year old child breastfeed from her. She is the widow of Jon Arryon the guy who they showed dead in kings landing in the very first episode that Ned and Robert both fostered with when they were younger.

Just wanted to make sure we were all ready for that craziness again :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    intodeep wrote:
    Just so those who have not read the books are clear Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie to marry Catlyn's sister Lysa who we met in season one who still lets her 8 year old child breastfeed from her.

Ahh, thank you for that. I remember that well.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    intodeep wrote:
    She is the widow of Jon Arryon the guy who they showed dead in kings landing in the very first episode that Ned and Robert both fostered with when they were younger.

Thanks. So he was the Hand of the King before Ned Stark. Were we told how he died, I dont remember? Or are we not to know yet?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    intodeep wrote:
    She is the widow of Jon Arryon the guy who they showed dead in kings landing in the very first episode that Ned and Robert both fostered with when they were younger.

Thanks. So he was the Hand of the King before Ned Stark. Were we told how he died, I dont remember? Or are we not to know yet?
    Suspected poisoning, but not revealed by who. Kat got a letter from her sister (the widow) accusing the Lannisters.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
    rafie wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Suspected poisoning, but not revealed by who. Kat got a letter from her sister (the widow) accusing the Lannisters.

Thanks.

Is it me or is this the fastest frickin hour of the week. Seriously, I swear it goes by in like 10 minutes.
    rafie wrote:

Thanks.

Is it me or is this the fastest frickin hour of the week. Seriously, I swear it goes by in like 10 minutes.
    That last episode was so good that the it felt like 20 minutes.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

Thanks.

That last episode was so good that the it felt like 20 minutes.

damn show should go for 2 hours.. maybe then well feel like we get an hours worth.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Another solid episode.

Was good to see all of the discussion about Sansa/LittleFinger /Loras laid out in this episode. Some nice surprises there, especially at the end in Tywins Chamber.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Another solid episode.

Was good to see all of the discussion about Sansa/LittleFinger /Loras laid out in this episode. Some nice surprises there, especially at the end in Tywins Chamber.

It was a good one. The pieces are being put into place. Kind of why it is hard to answer questions about people and their intentions without major spoilers.

And Ygritte- wow :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Will we learn what is up with Stannis Baratheons daughters face or is that something part of the back story?

Nice to see Ygritte participate in the nudity. Brienne almost did as well! :shock:

Can someone tell me again who the guy that fought The Hound is? Is he a Targaryen, hence the fire sword from his blood?
  • I'm so fucking lost it's not even funny.

NUDE BUMS!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    "You know nothing Jon Sno..OH?..OHHH...OHH!"
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Can someone tell me again who the guy that fought The Hound is? Is he a Targaryen, hence the fire sword from his blood?

He's the guy that was told by Ned to kill the mountain back in Season 1. The character was played by a different actor during his brief appearance in season 1, making it even more confusing.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    intodeep wrote:

Wasn't he killed for figuring out that Joffrey wasn't Roberts son and figuring out that Robert had bastards (who would be the true heirs to the throne)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    pjradio wrote:

:lol::clap::clap::lol:

I remember reading that the actor who plays jon snow stupidly broke his real life leg being a drunk arsehole and so they had to use a stand in for most of the scenes where he's moving - it's not really a big deal, if you hadn't read that you might never have noticed he's standing still for 99% of his screen time - but all i could think of during that scene was he must've had to either take off the cast or brace or whatever, cuz when she climbs on top of him you can see his bare leg (I'm SURE you were all looking at that right? ;) ) then have the stand in come and jump into the pool for him :lol:

More inappropriate humor: In that end scene, when Cersei was like 'No, not again!' I totally lol-ed.

Great episode.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    Will we learn what is up with Stannis Baratheons daughters face or is that something part of the back story?
    It is a disease called grayscale. It has not been explained in the show yet, but they will get around to it sooner or later. you may have to wait for 5/6 though since it doesn't really come into play until then.

BetterDan, yeah his knowledge of the lannisters incestous relationship was his downfall.

I liked last night's show. The Jaime scene and Arya's scenes were my favorite. When she told Gendry that she could be his family :( Arya's story is so tragic a little girl alone with no family and her friends that she did have are leaveing her. I thought they did a good job of that and we've heard jaime's story before but it seemed more powerful last night.

Ygritte. :D the Lord's Kiss! i really enjoyed that scene

Oh and Rob's scenes are awesome too! Loved him taking Karstarks head. Such a drastic difference from last year when Theon had to chop off a head and he couldn't get it done.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    What were Littlefingers plans for Sansa? Would he really have snuck her out of the city if she had agreed to go with him? To earn favor with the eyrie?
    The show has not revealed what littlefigners complete plan would have been, but we'll learn more about that as the season goes on and into next season.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    There is a lot going on right now with all the story's it is hard to answer some stuff without giving away big spoilers.
  • pjradio wrote:

:lol:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    Another great episode. I love Arya, kill him!! She was going to put that knife right through his chest! :lol:

I am dieing to find out how he is going to get the bridge guy to give him his army after he reneged on his wedding to his daughter.

The scenes with Danarius were interesting. Power struggle already between the two men. Also when she offered that they change their names and he declined her face had a look of surprise and kind of like oh, crap I screwed up and should not have said that. That is how I read it anyway.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Another great episode. I love Arya, kill him!! She was going to put that knife right through his chest! :lol:

I am dieing to find out how he is going to get the bridge guy to give him his army after he reneged on his wedding to his daughter.

The scenes with Danarius were interesting. Power struggle already between the two men. Also when she offered that they change their names and he declined her face had a look of surprise and kind of like oh, crap I screwed up and should not have said that. That is how I read it anyway.

But we don't know if he knows that Robb is already married.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    intodeep wrote:
    The show has not revealed what littlefigners complete plan would have been, but we'll learn more about that as the season goes on and into next season.

I thought either last episode or 2 episodes ago, they made it seem like Littlefinger had already left for the Eyre.

Is that God of Light that the Brotherhood was praying to the same as Melisandre's God?

Sansa and Tyrion sitting in a tree.... :lol::lol::lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:

But we don't know if he knows that Robb is already married.

Thats true, and I thought about that as well. I would guess that word had traveled but maybe not, we will see.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

I thought either last episode or 2 episodes ago, they made it seem like Littlefinger had already left for the Eyre.

Is that God of Light that the Brotherhood was praying to the same as Melisandre's God?

Sansa and Tyrion sitting in a tree.... :lol::lol::lol:

He is still leaving for the Eyrie. And yes, it is the same god being prayed to for Thoros and Melisandre.
    Lol, Tywin is a fucking dick but his kids are not exactly doing his family name well. I cant wait to see Sanzas face when she is given the good news, poor thing. The look on Cerceis face was priceless. :lol:

So she will no longer be Queen Regent then, sucks for her. First married off to an asshole drunk then to a gay guy, oh well. I bet they will both be fighting for Jamies affection. :lol:
    Better Dan wrote:
    What were Littlefingers plans for Sansa? Would he really have snuck her out of the city if she had agreed to go with him? To earn favor with the eyrie?
    What makes you think he will give up? He clearly has the hots for Sansa.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

Also when she offered that they change their names and he declined her face had a look of surprise and kind of like oh, crap I screwed up and should not have said that. That is how I read it anyway.
    That was a great scene. It looked to me like she was really moved emotionally by what he said. Looked like she was on the verge of tears.

• EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Last night's episode had everything - a sword fight (with a flaming sword, no less), a great sex scene (although I wish we'd seen more of naked Jon Snow), and grossness galore - the "doc" cleaning up Jamie's cut off hand. Ew.

Loved it. There are still things that are confusing to me (and I read the books). And I love Arya so much.