A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    What that guy did to Theon was cruel. Is that guy just trying to make himself look better?

Why would that guy kill Mormont?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    JK_Livin wrote:
    What that guy did to Theon was cruel. Is that guy just trying to make himself look better?

The person that took Theon out only to bring him back is one of the few people in the story that are not gray. Like DewieCox said a lot of gray in most of the people on the show and that makes it interesting.

The guy that took theon is vicious, cruel, and demented. I don't think i'm spoiling anything by laying that out there.

As for Lord Mormont they felt like he was not capable of being a good leader. They felt he let Crastor run over them when he should have demanded more from them and that he lead them out beyond the wall to get slaughtered by the White Walkers (they did not show the fight on screen but it was gruesome in the books) They were all scared and at wits end so they were ready to riot and force a change in leadership.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

The person that took Theon out only to bring him back is one of the few people in the story that are not gray. Like DewieCox said a lot of gray in most of the people on the show and that makes it interesting.

The guy that took theon is vicious, cruel, and demented. I don't think i'm spoiling anything by laying that out there.

As for Lord Mormont they felt like he was not capable of being a good leader. They felt he let Crastor run over them when he should have demanded more from them and that he lead them out beyond the wall to get slaughtered by the White Walkers (they did not show the fight on screen but it was gruesome in the books) They were all scared and at wits end so they were ready to riot and force a change in leadership.

Thanks. Next week I should be on to book 3.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    btw,that scene Blondie gave orders and the army and dragons attacked was awesome..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    btw,that scene Blondie gave orders and the army and dragons attacked was awesome..

I knew she could understand everything that dick was saying.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin wrote:

yeah, I was thinking that too.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    JK_Livin wrote:

What, you don't speak High Valerian? :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    shep wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

What, you don't speak High Valerian? :lol:
    :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    I fucking love dany... and I think Jorah is the man...

I haven't read the books but I've uncontrollably read some spoilers from later books :? and it sounds like that goes in a direction that is not nearly what I expected...

I hope the show changes shit for the better.. I love the Dany scenes and I think she should reach Westeros soonish at least... I feel like that would shake the whole continent up..
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

I haven't read the books but I've uncontrollably read some spoilers from later books :? and it sounds like that goes in a direction that is not nearly what I expected...

:shh:
    I hope the show changes shit for the better.. I love the Dany scenes and I think she should reach Westeros soonish at least... I feel like that would shake the whole continent up..

:silent:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Enkidu wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    gabers wrote:
    Am I the only one that was just a bit unsettled that they cut off Kingslayer's hand? I had actually felt some sympathy toward his character after he saved Brienne from getting gang raped.
    It is interesting when you think about it was one of the few times he was unselfish in his life.

He went out of his way to help brienne. Now of course he was trying to talk his way out of things so it wasn't totally unselfish but he really didn't have to say anything about her. He does that and WHAM next thing you know his life is changed forever.

I am pretty sure back in season one Jaime mentiosn to Tyrion at the breakfast table he would rather be dead than be a cripple like Bran.......
    Totally love this show because they put foreshadowing like that into it. Now he is the cripple.

That's another reason to read the books - there's so much more with his character in the books. I love what they're doing with him in the show, but you get so much deeper in the books with him (and with everybody). I can't believe I want to re-read them.

totally agree. in the beginning I despised Jamie and his arrogance but after reading the 5 books ive come to see him in a different light... afterall it cant have been easy for any of the lannister children growing up with tywin as a father as all 3 have so ably shown. the guy is a class A dick and nothing he could ever do would redeem him in my eyes.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Dont get on Varys bad side...

this was such a great episode i have a hard time thinking they can top it this season. there will be so many great scenes later, can bet on that. but for one episode, every scene knocked it out of the park.

:shh:

:silent:
    those smiles about sum it up.

Such Blasphomy that they should make drastic changes from the book. :nono: Do not speak of such wishes!

oh and be careful not to spoil anythong for others who have not read or have not yet been spoiled.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    edited April 2013

I stopped reading before it became obvious you were giving stuff away. Please do not talk about anything beyond what has aired on the show.
    Post edited by rearviewross on
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Can we all take a step back and remember to keep the spoilers to yourself?
    Over the last 2-3 pages, some have been right on the line while others have crossed it.
    There is another thread for you book folks...

Please keep all discussion up to the current episode.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,417
    mca47 wrote:
    Over the last 2-3 pages, some have been right on the line while others have crossed it.

No
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    mca47 wrote:

No
    Get lost! We all know you don't read anyways...

:lol::lol::lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

No
    Get lost! We all know you don't read anyways...

:lol::lol::lol:

He does appear to be bilingual though. I like how he answered in Spanish.
    Is it sad that all I could think about when Jamie fell into the mud was how infected his arm would get?
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Those last few minutes with Dany might be the best minutes of television I have ever seen! Sexy as hell too when she started speaking in high Valyreian! :evil:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131

I stopped reading before it became obvious you were giving stuff away. Please do not talk about anything beyond what has aired on the show.

My bad if it seemed that way.. I didn't give anything away just kinda made a comment that I know a few things... but trust me mostly everything is still a surprise to me as well.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
    Is it sad that all I could think about when Jamie fell into the mud was how infected his arm would get?
    I thought that the second he got it cut off, then again in the mud.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    mca47 wrote:
    The hand around his neck was an awesome touch...
    GoiMTvP.gif
    mca47 wrote:
    The hand around his neck was an awesome touch...
    Yeah, I enjoyed that too. :D
    Can't wait to see what happens next!!
    mca47 wrote:

Lol, I thought about it when he got it cut off too. Also wondered how they stopped the bleeding.
    mca47 wrote:

Lol, I thought about it when he got it cut off too. Also wondered how they stopped the bleeding.

Maybe they cauterized his stump... :? :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Maybe they cauterized his stump... :? :lol:

in the book, they seared it with fire. :shock:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    rafie wrote:
    Those last few minutes with Dany might be the best minutes of television I have ever seen! Sexy as hell too when she started speaking in high Valyreian! :evil:
    I agree completly with!
    I rewatched it last night and that was so awesome. I love the look on Jeora and Barriston's face

"uh oh things are about to get bloody"
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    No boobs in episode 4?? What gives?