A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    intodeep wrote:
    No, Those are Roose Bolton's men who are loyal to Rob. The guy who does the chopping is named Locke (don't know his last name)

The brotherhood are the Brotherhood without Banners. Those are they guys Arya is with that captured the Hound and are keeping arya. Thoros is their leader. He is the guy that disarmed arya at the tavern. He was Robert's drinking buddy. They are the forces that Ned Start sent out in season one to capture the Mountain when he started burnign the country side. They were loyal to Robert. Once all hell broke loose they really didn't join the starks or the lannesters instead formed almost their own militia trying to help the citizens in the area. In that sense they are anti lannister because they would help stop the Mountain from raping, raiding, and burning villages. Thus the lannisters want to know where the Brotherhood is hiding so they can stop them and their gurilla tactics.

Thanks for that.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    :) no problem.
    It is confusing and they have so much info to give in an hour. Almost every scene is packed with info and if you don't follow it is so easy to miss something.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    man... i know I am late to this conversation this morning... but that episode was fucking awesome... And the ending was fucking perfect... I had to watch it like 3 times... the maiming of Jamie is just so epic...

And the Blackfish... so happy the way they did the scene on the river with Edmure and the follow up with Rob lecturing him on his tactics and the Blackfish immediately acknowledging that Rob had it right...

and that chair scene in the Small Council was awesome... I abosolutely love the job Peter Dinklege does with Tyrion...

Next episode looks like it should be awesome as well... big moments coming up at Crastor's Keep and in Astapor... I do agree with some and wish that they would hurry up Dany's story... I'm afraid parts of it are going to start getting cut out due to time constraints...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I finally started reading the books, but am still a long ways off from catching up to where the show is. I'm going to do my best to continue reading while watching the series. I am loving season 3, and the first half of the first book is great, too.
    glad you are checking out the books. They add a lot to the story.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
    I finally started reading the books, but am still a long ways off from catching up to where the show is. I'm going to do my best to continue reading while watching the series. I am loving season 3, and the first half of the first book is great, too.

The books are phenomenal.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    The thing is Dany's story dragged in the books too.

really would have liked a scene with the Queen of Thorns. And 3 episodes in im still bummed Red Viper wont show up this season.
    i honestly don't know how they are going to juggle all the story lines when the dornish people come into play. the show may collapse under it, but we'll see.

I'm going to re watch it this week so i can watch the blackfish totallhy own edmure again.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:
    i honestly don't know how they are going to juggle all the story lines when the dornish people come into play. the show may collapse under it, but we'll see.

I'm going to re watch it this week so i can watch the blackfish totallhy own edmure again.

It is so layered that a 2nd watching during the week sometime is usually very enjoyable.

I particularly liked the scene between Tyrion and Littlefinger.

Plus, any scene with the actor that plays Bronn & Peter Dinklage is gold.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    intodeep wrote:

It is so layered that a 2nd watching during the week sometime is usually very enjoyable.

I particularly liked the scene between Tyrion and Littlefinger.

Plus, any scene with the actor that plays Bronn & Peter Dinklage is gold.

Yea, I went down to my local craft beer place to watch the episode on Sunday because they put a rare beer on cask that I wanted a couple of drinks of and were airing the episode on their projectors...

they re-aired last week's episode before the new one... it was a little loud in the bar, but it was great to watch it all over again, as there was definitely a few things I missed... I wound up going home and watching the new episode on my big screen where I could focus better - but I definitely agree that a re-watch is in order before next week...

and I'm already anticipating the appearance of the red viper...

this show must be keeping half of SAG employed... :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Am I the only one that was just a bit unsettled that they cut off Kingslayer's hand? I had actually felt some sympathy toward his character after he saved Brienne from getting gang raped.
  • gabers wrote:
    Am I the only one that was just a bit unsettled that they cut off Kingslayer's hand? I had actually felt some sympathy toward his character after he saved Brienne from getting gang raped.

:lol:
    Call it 'forced character development'
    At least he didn't get the Ned Stark treatment.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    gabers wrote:
    It is interesting when you think about it was one of the few times he was unselfish in his life.

He went out of his way to help brienne. Now of course he was trying to talk his way out of things so it wasn't totally unselfish but he really didn't have to say anything about her. He does that and WHAM next thing you know his life is changed forever.

I am pretty sure back in season one Jaime mentiosn to Tyrion at the breakfast table he would rather be dead than be a cripple like Bran.......
    Totally love this show because they put foreshadowing like that into it. Now he is the cripple.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    Dragons anyone? :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    intodeep wrote:
    gabers wrote:
    It is interesting when you think about it was one of the few times he was unselfish in his life.

He went out of his way to help brienne. Now of course he was trying to talk his way out of things so it wasn't totally unselfish but he really didn't have to say anything about her. He does that and WHAM next thing you know his life is changed forever.

I am pretty sure back in season one Jaime mentiosn to Tyrion at the breakfast table he would rather be dead than be a cripple like Bran.......
    Totally love this show because they put foreshadowing like that into it. Now he is the cripple.

That's another reason to read the books - there's so much more with his character in the books. I love what they're doing with him in the show, but you get so much deeper in the books with him (and with everybody). I can't believe I want to re-read them.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Cant read any posts. My fucking Dish went out this morning and they cant send anyone out until TUESDAY!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :evil:

Guess I will have to catch it later this week.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    tonight's episode was amazing. damn.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286

yup, following the books nicely :D
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    I kind of felt the first half was a little clunky. Jumping around too much not spending much time. I thought the set up for the rebellion against Mormont was not as strong as it was in the book, but i really enjoyed the scene.

When Mormont gets stabbed by is it Rasp? Anyway whoever he is and then he grabs him in choke hold like a Boss! That was awesome. I'm gonna miss Mormont

The end scene with Danerys was by far and away the coolest. DRACARYS! I would have liked to have scene a little more of the fighting but this show just doesn't seem to have the time or the budget to get that in. Dany is so confident it is great!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    The leader of the Brotherhood is Dondarren? Was he in the show at all before now, possibly season 1?

A great episode and I'm almost done book 2. This show is starting to be like Breaking bad for me. Once an episode ends, I need more.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192

Agreed!!

However, So knew that Daenerys was going to burn that place up when she agreed to give her biggest Dragon
    for the army. Haven't read the books but have a feeling she is going to kick some serious ass!!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The leader of the Brotherhood is Dondarren? Was he in the show at all before now, possibly season 1?

A great episode and I'm almost done book 2. This show is starting to be like Breaking bad for me. Once an episode ends, I need more.

He was shown briefly in Season 1 when Ned was the Hand of the King, but I think a new actor is playing him now.
    Good episode last night...

The only complaint that I have was during the scene where Marjorie and Sansa were talking by the water, Marjorie implied that Sansa would get to marry Sir Loras...

Did it happen that way in the books? I seem to remember the Queen of Thorns bringing up the proposition, and to a different Tyrell.... right?

Very much enjoyed the scene's with Lord Vary's (both the one with Tyrion and with the Queen of Thorns)...

the episodes just need to be longer... I want them to cover so much more... HBO should be spending every cent of their year-long budget on this show only! :D
    shep wrote:

The only complaint that I have was during the scene where Marjorie and Sansa were talking by the water, Marjorie implied that Sansa would get to marry Sir Loras...

Did it happen that way in the books? I seem to remember the Queen of Thorns bringing up the proposition, and to a different Tyrell.... right?

Very much enjoyed the scene's with Lord Vary's (both the one with Tyrion and with the Queen of Thorns)...

the episodes just need to be longer... I want them to cover so much more... HBO should be spending every cent of their year-long budget on this show only! :D

I think you are right, it was another Tyrell for Sansa. I think in the books Margery has another older brother. But I guess with a cast and story so large, they had to cut down the new characters and instead chose to use Loras.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    shep wrote:

I think you are right, it was another Tyrell for Sansa. I think in the books Margery has another older brother. But I guess with a cast and story so large, they had to cut down the new characters and instead chose to use Loras.

Yes, an older brother who was cut down in battle and is a cripple (uses a wheelchair - or whatever the realm's equivalent of a wheelchair would be)... He is the heir to highgarden. this is who the queen of thorns tries to get her to marry, and Sansa is a little repulsed by the situation...

anyway...

more dragons. :twisted:
    i can't wait to watch the end scene again. The army walking out and the dragons overhead. That was awesome.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    i can't wait to watch the end scene again. The army walking out and the dragons overhead. That was awesome.

There is so much awesome stuff coming up- can't wait to see the Hound fight Beric next week. And I am enjoying that they are writing in what happens to Theon.
    Definately!
    Some seemed annoyed because we really don't see theon again for a while in the books but we get a lot of this info from him in flashbacks so its not like it didn't happen it just happened off screen. Such a moment when he mentions his real father died in Kings Landing. You start to feel sorry for him a little... just a little when he realizes his error
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Finally all caught up and rewatching everything. There's so much stuff that I missed the first time through...some bits of foreshadowing and getting the characters all lined out. I just totally blanked on all the Theon stuff the first time through apparently.

Last nights episode may be my favorite yet. Been waiting the dragons to really kick some ass. Was predictable that Daenarys kept control of the dragon, but I was anticipating it taking a bit longer.

I do wish the battle scenes were a little more in depth, but I'm also glad, b/c it would probably be at the expense of the storytelling and with all that goes on I don't think they can sacrifice that.

Really love how they blur the edges of "good guys" and "bad guys". And not just the obvious stuff with Kingslayer or Theon. I've anticipated a turn from so many of the characters in one direction or another.