A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Remember "No Spoilers" in this thread. Use the other one :nono:
    Whaddya mean No Spoilers?

Why would you read this thread if you werent watching the show?

I thought the other thread was for the book people.

I just meant that it seemed like some postings were bringing up story lines that haven't happened yet. I wasn't referring to what was currently happening in the show.

The 2 people I want to see that most, Arya & Tyrion got the scraps last night. I love the show but it seemed like it was really jumping around last night. I guess they don't really have a choice though.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Remember "No Spoilers" in this thread. Use the other one :nono:
    Whaddya mean No Spoilers?

Why would you read this thread if you werent watching the show?

I thought the other thread was for the book people.

I just meant that it seemed like some postings were bringing up story lines that haven't happened yet. I wasn't referring to what was currently happening in the show.

The 2 people I want to see that most, Arya & Tyrion got the scraps last night. I love the show but it seemed like it was really jumping around last night. I guess they don't really have a choice though.

there are too many storylines to satisfactorily addressin an hour of television. i read theyre splitting this book into 2 seasons and last night watching i rememberede who they HAVENT shown yet(and probably wont til next season).

joffrey really has no clue about anything does he? hes surrounded by strong women yet he stilll says shit like an intelligent woman does whats she told. little shit. cersei created a monster with that one.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    damn... had hockey late last night, and have it again tonight... not going to be able to watch the DVR'ed episode until Tuesday is going to kill me... :evil: :evil:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    WAUG not wog.
    Well, whatever.
    Thanks

WARG actually :lol:

thanx. when i woke up this morning i knew id got it wrong. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    shep wrote:
    damn... had hockey late last night, and have it again tonight... not going to be able to watch the DVR'ed episode until Tuesday is going to kill me... :evil: :evil:

would it help if i told you nothing really happened??? ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    edited April 2013
    Great episode. A couple of questions:

Can someone tell me who's men were torturing Theon? Starks?

What is the name of the wog kid/sister that meets Bran and tells him that he is a wog. It's cool to finally know whats fully going on with his ability?

Also, a refresher on The Brotherhood without Banners?

WAUG not wog.
    Well, whatever.
    Thanks

my apologies for correcting you incorrectly.
    Post edited by catefrances on
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

WAUG not wog.
    Well, whatever.
    Thanks

my apologies for correctly you incorrectly.
    No problem. Ok..so are we all sure it is Warg...no more corrections? :D
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Finally finished book two this morning at 2 am so I can finally watch the second season.
    Well, whatever.
    Thanks

my apologies for correctly you incorrectly.
    No problem. Ok..so are we all sure it is Warg...no more corrections? :D

whats a warg???? ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jason P wrote:
    Finally finished book two this morning at 2 am so I can finally watch the second season.

woo!! only 10000 pages to go. :mrgreen:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Jason P wrote:

woo!! only 10000 pages to go. :mrgreen:
    Good grief it takes forever to get through one of those books. I had a few hundred pages to go and it took me around 7 hours to finish. :fp: :D
    I ordered books three and four in hardcover but they came shrunken down with smaller type. :fp:
    Jason P wrote:
    I ordered books three and four in hardcover but they came shrunken down with smaller type. :fp:

so does that mean everyone's a half man now?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Oh My.......This is a craigslist ad:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    http://neworleans.craigslist.org/cas/3725685022.html
    I am an avid fan of George R. R. Martin's series Game of Thrones (both the books and the show). I have recently purchased a replica of the Iron Throne as seen in the television show, and need a partner to play out an elaborate fanatsy.
    In my fantasy, I am Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, and Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. After crossing the Narrow Sea and defeating the forces of Westeros, it is within my power and right to slay all of those who betrayed my family and denied me my rightful place for so many years. The most vile enemies of house Targaryen, House Stark and House Baratheon must pay the highest price. All of those who fought against the Mother of Dragons are slain - all except one. When I come to Robb Stark, out eyes lock and something moves inside of me. I realize I need to have him, want him, and I can tell he is thinking the same. I order my guards to throw him in the dungeon and later that night, I have him brought to me, in the throne room. There, on the Iron Throne I've so recently won, I make wild and passionate love with him, repeatedly.
    Please only respond to this post if you look like Robb Stark! I would appreciate pictures, but please, no names. In order to stay as true to the fantasy as possible, I ONLY want you to refer to yourself as Robb Stark. You will need to provide your own clothing. Please keep in mind that you will have recently participated in a battle and been thrown in a dungeon, so you will not be wearing your nicest furs.
    I'm looking for a Stark in the streets but a wildling in the sheets.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

I am an avid fan of George R. R. Martin's series Game of Thrones (both the books and the show). I have recently purchased a replica of the Iron Throne as seen in the television show, and need a partner to play out an elaborate fanatsy.
    In my fantasy, I am Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, and Rightful Heir to the Iron Throne and the Seven Kingdoms. After crossing the Narrow Sea and defeating the forces of Westeros, it is within my power and right to slay all of those who betrayed my family and denied me my rightful place for so many years. The most vile enemies of house Targaryen, House Stark and House Baratheon must pay the highest price. All of those who fought against the Mother of Dragons are slain - all except one. When I come to Robb Stark, out eyes lock and something moves inside of me. I realize I need to have him, want him, and I can tell he is thinking the same. I order my guards to throw him in the dungeon and later that night, I have him brought to me, in the throne room. There, on the Iron Throne I've so recently won, I make wild and passionate love with him, repeatedly.
    Please only respond to this post if you look like Robb Stark! I would appreciate pictures, but please, no names. In order to stay as true to the fantasy as possible, I ONLY want you to refer to yourself as Robb Stark. You will need to provide your own clothing. Please keep in mind that you will have recently participated in a battle and been thrown in a dungeon, so you will not be wearing your nicest furs.

well no thats not weird at all. :shock: :lol: but persoanlly i prefer jon snow. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep wrote:

well no thats not weird at all. :shock: :lol: but persoanlly i prefer jon snow. 8-)

:lol::lol:
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Great episode. A couple of questions:

Can someone tell me who's men were torturing Theon? Starks?

What is the name of the wog kid/sister that meets Bran and tells him that he is a wog. It's cool to finally know whats fully going on with his ability?

Also, a refresher on The Brotherhood without Banners?
    Theon is being held by Ramsay Snow, they mentioned him last season. He is Roose Boltons bastard.
    Jojen and meera reed are with Bran now. They are loyal to the Starks.
    The brotherhood will be explained more soon, I don't want to spoil it just yet.

Great episode, not much on the action yet. Glad to see the wolves.

Wasnt that Ramsay at the end when Brienne and Jamie were fighting?
    So glad to see the Reed's and it looks like we will be seeing Blackfish soon too.
    Queen of Thorns!!! need i say more?
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I really liked last night's episode, but when it was over, my husband turned to me and said, "I didn't understand most of what happened." (He hasn't read the books.)

I know the ratings were good, but I wonder if people get turned off by not understanding storylines. There are a shitload of characters and stories to follow.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Enkidu wrote:
    I really liked last night's episode, but when it was over, my husband turned to me and said, "I didn't understand most of what happened." (He hasn't read the books.)

I know the ratings were good, but I wonder if people get turned off by not understanding storylines. There are a shitload of characters and stories to follow.

It's been so long since I read the books, but i do remember there being parts that I didnt quite understand at the time. Just have to go with it and when the store reveals itself you get that "oh crap, really?' moment.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Enkidu wrote:

Yeah a few people I work with today were asking me tons of questions since they haven't read the books
    It seems like its gonna be hard to follow unless you have. The scope of this story is so huge its a near impossible feat! Just stick with it...I promise!

I'm also nervous about Theon's story....had to turn my head last night!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

Yeah a few people I work with today were asking me tons of questions since they haven't read the books
    It seems like its gonna be hard to follow unless you have. The scope of this story is so huge its a near impossible feat! Just stick with it...I promise!

So agree about the Theon stuff. SPOILER ALERT - isn't it much worse in the book? And it was nasty last night. Ew.

I do love the show though. Arya kicks ass.
  • Enkidu wrote:

They are killing off or excluding some characters in deviation from the books to try and assist viewers with this. It can be confusing -- I explain some stuff to my wife and with other stuff I ask her to wait and see.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Enkidu wrote:

I didn't like Sunday's episode that much and I haven't read the books so that might be it. Loved the premiere though! I wasn't necessarily lost (even though I don't who a lot of the new people are, what the brotherhood is, etc...). It just seemed like it jumped from one scene to the next too quickly. Maybe I'm just upset that I have to wait a week for the next episode. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    intodeep wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

too good. Obviously this person hasn't read the books... can't say more than that in the non-spoiler thread I guess...

watched Sunday's episode last night before hockey...

I enjoyed, however I already see deviations in the story line that I don't think I like.

Introducing the Reeds was cool... and I like that the Lord of the Dreadfort is cropping up more and more...

I need to go over to the spoiler thread and discuss things more... too many taboos in here where I can't speak my mind and ruin the plot lines for others... :lol:8-)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    MORE GIANTS PLEASE!
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Enkidu wrote:

I think even people who read the books already are confused sometimes by the dialogue. Its complex. But I think thats a big reason why people like the show. You become fully immersed in this strange world
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Wasnt that Ramsay at the end when Brienne and Jamie were fighting?
    I belive that was just some of Bolton's men. Not his bastard. Perhaps the unamed "hunter" Roose Bolton eluded to in the first episode of season 3.

Ramsey Snow went to Winterfell and i'm fairly sure we saw him in the torture scene with Theon
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Enkidu wrote:

I think even people who read the books already are confused sometimes by the dialogue. Its complex. But I think thats a big reason why people like the show. You become fully immersed in this strange world

Yeah when I first started the books, I was constantly flipping back to the appendix to see who everyone was. It was really cool at one point when it all clicked into place. It's such a great, intricate story. I recently started GOT (the book) again.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I haven't used the appendix yet while reading the books. Maybe I should take a look.

I'm in need of your thoughts. I'm at page 600 of book 2. I've watched all the seasons including the 2 new episodes. Should I stop reading book 2 and start book 3 while I'm currently watching the new shows? I just seems like reading things that have already happened is somewhat confusing me a little. Unfortunately I'm only getting in about 100-150 pages per week. So it's looking like 3-4 weeks until I'll be done book 2.
    Please share your thoughts.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I haven't used the appendix yet while reading the books. Maybe I should take a look.

I'm in need of your thoughts. I'm at page 600 of book 2. I've watched all the seasons including the 2 new episodes. Should I stop reading book 2 and start book 3 while I'm currently watching the new shows? I just seems like reading things that have already happened is somewhat confusing me a little. Unfortunately I'm only getting in about 100-150 pages per week. So it's looking like 3-4 weeks until I'll be done book 2.
    Please share your thoughts.

I'd say finish the books in order. While the show is great, there is so much more that happens in the books.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...