A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Anybody own Season 1 or 2 on Blu-ray? How is the quality, etc?
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • intodeep wrote:
    If he really has 400 pages written i'm impressed.

I can't wait for the show!

I think from what I read, 200 are done, and 200 need to be edited and worked still
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Anybody own Season 1 or 2 on Blu-ray? How is the quality, etc?

Blue Ray for season 1 is excellent. Season 2 comes out in February, but I imagine it will be just as good.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I have season 1 and i think it is pretty fantastic. Lots of extra interviews and in depth information on the blu ray that the tv show touches on but does not go in depth into.

Season 2 dvd comes out in Feb
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    I have season 1 and i think it is pretty fantastic. Lots of extra interviews and in depth information on the blu ray that the tv show touches on but does not go in depth into.

Blue Ray for season 1 is excellent. Season 2 comes out in February, but I imagine it will be just as good.
    Thanks guys, thought Season 2 would have been released already.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    The commentaries on season 1 are worth it by themselves, definitely get it! Can't wait to get season 2 :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    intodeep wrote:

Thanks guys, thought Season 2 would have been released already.
    It should be. It makes no sense to me why HBO refuses to put the DVD's out before christmas and insist on waiting a month before the release of the next season. I know they want to generate buzz but it seems more likely to increase viewers for the upcoming season if diehards like me could force the DVD's on people as christmas presents and guilt them into watching it until they fal in love with the show :fp:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I guess they figure fans are gonna end up buying the dvd's/blurays no matter what time of the year. But yeah, you'd think they would push more volume with a holiday release.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I can't wait to start reading these books.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    JK_Livin wrote:

i have taken it upon myself to warn everyone NOT to read these books ... :lol::lol:

there are purportedly 7 books in the series of which only 5 have been written ... each book gets subsequently longer and more verbose ... it took spanky 5 years to write and publish book 5 ... even at an aggressive pace - we may not see the final words of these books finished by 2018 ... and that is if he doesn't reneg on finishing it in 7 books ...

if you choose to read these books - you will soon find yourself with the rest of us ... lost in some wasteland ... like a cult waiting for our day of sacrifice ... a junkie looking for another hit ...

don't do it ... you have been warned ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

i have taken it upon myself to warn everyone NOT to read these books ... :lol::lol:

there are purportedly 7 books in the series of which only 5 have been written ... each book gets subsequently longer and more verbose ... it took spanky 5 years to write and publish book 5 ... even at an aggressive pace - we may not see the final words of these books finished by 2018 ... and that is if he doesn't reneg on finishing it in 7 books ...

if you choose to read these books - you will soon find yourself with the rest of us ... lost in some wasteland ... like a cult waiting for our day of sacrifice ... a junkie looking for another hit ...

don't do it ... you have been warned ...

LOL at spanky :lol::lol::lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    I guess they figure fans are gonna end up buying the dvd's/blurays no matter what time of the year. But yeah, you'd think they would push more volume with a holiday release.

Buying? Are you guys nuts?

Torrents are the way to go... With my internet connection I can download a season overnight (on a good night).... can delete it off my hard-drive and download it again if I feel like watching it... beats the hell out of $100+ box of blu-rays taking up space around my house...

I used to buy so many TV shows... I mean I have the entire catalog of Soprano's DVD's sitting somewhere under the stairs, and they were all bought when HBO was charging $120+ per box set...

Now i just hit the pirate bay and it's all good! :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:

Buying? Are you guys nuts?

Torrents are the way to go... With my internet connection I can download a season overnight (on a good night).... can delete it off my hard-drive and download it again if I feel like watching it... beats the hell out of $100+ box of blu-rays taking up space around my house...

I used to buy so many TV shows... I mean I have the entire catalog of Soprano's DVD's sitting somewhere under the stairs, and they were all bought when HBO was charging $120+ per box set...

Now i just hit the pirate bay and it's all good! :D

to each their own.
    I like to support what i like so they can make more of it. I'm not rich by any means, but buying dvd's and cd's don't break me so if i like something i like to show apreciation so they'll keep making it.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

to each their own.
    I like to support what i like so they can make more of it. I'm not rich by any means, but buying dvd's and cd's don't break me so if i like something i like to show apreciation so they'll keep making it.

Yeah same here. Then again, I only buy what I REALLY love. Which thus far has only been the Sopranos and GoT. :lol:
    Yeah, I dont mess with downloading movies at all.
  • just started watching this after hearing a couple co workers geeking out about it at lunch one day. I'm on episode 6 of season 1. INCREDIBLE SERIES.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    just started watching this after hearing a couple co workers geeking out about it at lunch one day. I'm on episode 6 of season 1. INCREDIBLE SERIES.
    :thumbup:
  • MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    just started watching this after hearing a couple co workers geeking out about it at lunch one day. I'm on episode 6 of season 1. INCREDIBLE SERIES.
    You think you like it now, but wait until Tyrion gets more involved. Fucking amazing.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    intodeep wrote:
    to each their own.

For some reason, I still buy CD's... I feel like I'm the last person on the planet still doing so, but I do like physically owning a copy of the music... something about paying for MP3 downloads just feels weird to me...

As for TV, my problem with paying for it, is that I'm probably only ever going to watch it once, maybe twice, but most likely not, as there's too much other stuff out there for me to see... I don't want to actually watch it on TV, as then I have to deal with commercials, actually being there on time to watch it, etc etc... and yea I know DVR's exist everywhere these days, but you've seen that direct TV commercial about a full DVR?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uyJyvUiwv4

that's pretty much my house in a nutshell, and I don't even have anything in there except a rotating 3 episodes of pawn stars.... (my guilty pleasure :lol: )

So I don't have any qualms about torrenting TV shows...

But that's just where I stand I guess...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.

:mrgreen: :thumbup: You have to get caught up before Season 3 starts...that's when shit is REALLY going to get real!!!

I get chills thinking about it!!!!
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    Mamasan23 wrote:

:mrgreen: :thumbup: You have to get caught up before Season 3 starts...that's when shit is REALLY going to get real!!!

I get chills thinking about it!!!!

if they're making the third book into two seasons season 4 is going to be amazing! can't wait for the next two seasons!
    Yarden wrote:
    if they're making the third book into two seasons season 4 is going to be amazing! can't wait for the next two seasons!

Agreed!! I think that is the plan. I did read recently that the writers said that Season 3 is the one that they have been most excited about doing since the show's inception and that they are going to do everything they can to make sure it is as incredible as the book. Sounds very promising!!
  • Yarden wrote:

generally i hate the idea of stretching things out, especially since, if i remember right, it was gonna be a season per book. but i think there is plenty of material that it wouldnt feel watered down and it might line up with the books better.

it would suck if they finished filming for book 5 and we are still 3 years away from the release of book 6. imagine having to wait 3-4 years for the next season to come out....id rather a nice steady stream of seasons releases.
  • Yarden wrote:

generally i hate the idea of stretching things out, especially since, if i remember right, it was gonna be a season per book. but i think there is plenty of material that it wouldnt feel watered down and it might line up with the books better.

it would suck if they finished filming for book 5 and we are still 3 years away from the release of book 6. imagine having to wait 3-4 years for the next season to come out....id rather a nice steady stream of seasons releases.

I actually am happy Storm of Swords is going to be two seasons, no way they could put it into one with everything that happens.

They actually said they are not doing a season per book and are more concentrating on telling the story as a whole, and that is why some events and people are being moved around than where they occurred in the book.

I would think based on how books 4 and 5 take place at the same time, and the size of book 5, that is at least 3 seasons for them to get through. Assuming they stay at the current 10 per season.
    Yarden wrote:

I actually am happy Storm of Swords is going to be two seasons, no way they could put it into one with everything that happens.

They actually said they are not doing a season per book and are more concentrating on telling the story as a whole, and that is why some events and people are being moved around than where they occurred in the book.

I would think based on how books 4 and 5 take place at the same time, and the size of book 5, that is at least 3 seasons for them to get through. Assuming they stay at the current 10 per season.

i hope they do make each book into two seasons. i felt the second season suffered a bit from the changes they made in order to fit it into 10 episodes..
  • I just finished ep 2 of season 2. it was so dark I couldn't see what the hell was happening (John Snow in the woods in the middle of the night chasing some guy and then a baby cries, then John gets knocked out by someone). anyone enlighten me? was a baby boy born and someone was offing it? who knocked John Snow out?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
    I just finished ep 2 of season 2. it was so dark I couldn't see what the hell was happening (John Snow in the woods in the middle of the night chasing some guy and then a baby cries, then John gets knocked out by someone). anyone enlighten me? was a baby boy born and someone was offing it? who knocked John Snow out?

i think it's something you'll find out later on in the season..
  • What a phenomenal show!
    Ive been avoiding this thread out of fear of spoilers, buttt...Ok, I just watched the 9th episode of Season 1. Wtf!? damn Im pissed. :twisted:
    I have to watch the finale wednesday.

I think I'll start learning Dothraki language. They mount whatever the hell they want ;) ...that is, until Kaleesi came along...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited December 2012
    What a phenomenal show!
    Ive been avoiding this thread out of fear of spoilers, buttt...Ok, I just watched the 9th episode of Season 1. Wtf!? damn Im pissed. :twisted:
    I have to watch the finale wednesday.

I think I'll start learning Dothraki language. They mount whatever the hell they want ;) ...that is, until Kaleesi came along...

:)
    Post edited by Wilds on