A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    intodeep wrote:
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/in-game-of-thrones-you-win-or-you-buy-hbo-offering-30000-iron-throne-replicas/

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

HBO is selling replica iron thrones!
    My birthday is the end of july if you'd like to make a sizeable donation to help me afford one of these i will give you my paypall account :D

I can picture the iron throne in my living room... okay probably more like my basement, but whatever it woudl rule! (catch that pun ?)

:!: :!: :!: I want as well!!! How frakking awesome!!

On a sidenote, I'm about 700 pages into ADWD...can't wait to finish so I can join the other thread!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/in-game-of-thrones-you-win-or-you-buy-hbo-offering-30000-iron-throne-replicas/

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

My birthday is the end of july if you'd like to make a sizeable donation to help me afford one of these i will give you my paypall account :D

I can picture the iron throne in my living room... okay probably more like my basement, but whatever it woudl rule! (catch that pun ?)

On a sidenote, I'm about 700 pages into ADWD...can't wait to finish so I can join the other thread!

I just finished ADWD... some good twists in the end....

Haven't read the whole way through the thread yet, but when I do.... :!:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep wrote:

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

I would like one for my office, it would be fun to sit on it when people need to come and ask questions.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    :lol:
    intodeep wrote:

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

I would like one for my office, it would be fun to sit on it when people need to come and ask questions.
    :lol: YES i have people come in to talk to me all the time i'd love to do that too

since i can't afford it perhaps i could pay the Iron Price? :ugeek:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

Where is this other thread you speak of?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    another thing that bothered me was how in the Blackwater episode they made it seem like Sansa and The Hound would be leaving King's Landing by the next episode and then in the finale it was like it never happened. i know that in the book he offers to take her but then leaves her room. maybe it will be continued next season but still, it didn't make much sense..
    rafie wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

i think it's this one:
    [urlhttp://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=186234&p=4441369&hilit=song+of+ice#p4441369][/url]

Where is this other thread you speak of?

i think it's this one:

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=186234&p=4441369&hilit=song+of+ice#p4441369
    polaris_x wrote:
    shep wrote:
    can't read... haven't seen episode yet... in Europe for work... left it downloading last night...

I did however finish ADWD on the plane... gonna head on over to the spoilers thread. ;)

welcome to the "in agony waiting for the fucker to finish the book club" ... :lol::lol:

:lol: too true....

So I just sat down and watched the season finale this afternoon... (way behind I know)...

Really enjoyed it actually; despite it's obvious flaws. The house of the Undying was a botched scene for sure, there should have been so much more... But other than that I have no real major complaints... I'm not a big fan of the way they've changed Marjory Tyrell's character for the show, but it's not killing me.

I cannot wait to see who has been cast as Maynce Ryder, hopefully that's right at the start of next season. And the white walkers heading towards the battle at the fist of the first men looked sickeningly intense.

The next season is going to be so good... can't believe I have to wait a year or more, and even then I'm only going to get 1/2 of ASOS.

Oh... really enjoyed that scene with Littlefinger and Sansa... it was great that they kept that in there true to the book. Even the lines they said were the same...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    intodeep wrote:
    :lol: YES i have people come in to talk to me all the time i'd love to do that too

since i can't afford it perhaps i could pay the Iron Price? :ugeek:

:lol:

Great comment :!:
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Watched the finale last night. He are some things I missed or don't understand, how does Stannis escape when he was up on the castle wall? Where in the hell are Jon Snow, the 3 dopes from the night's watch and the new older guy that Jon killed actually going? They've been walking forever and I never picked up on the purpose of their trek. I looks like they're walking to Mordor. I was expecting to see Gollum.

Also, where does the name name Stormborn come from? I thought her name was Targareon(sp?)

Joffrey needs to hang around for a while because you need someone to hate.

I like the show, bought the books and I'm ready to read as soon as I'm done my current book. It seems like there are a lot of holes to fill in.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    The scenes with Arya & Tywin and Arya & Jaqen are great.

Why hasn't Robb's army done anything recently?
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Watched the finale last night. He are some things I missed or don't understand, how does Stannis escape when he was up on the castle wall? Where in the hell are Jon Snow, the 3 dopes from the night's watch and the new older guy that Jon killed actually going? They've been walking forever and I never picked up on the purpose of their trek. I looks like they're walking to Mordor. I was expecting to see Gollum.

Also, where does the name name Stormborn come from? I thought her name was Targareon(sp?)

Joffrey needs to hang around for a while because you need someone to hate.

I like the show, bought the books and I'm ready to read as soon as I'm done my current book. It seems like there are a lot of holes to fill in.
    Going to Morder :lol::D i love it

So stannis escaping is a bit of a oddity and probably a show mishap. They leave it up to the viewer to assume he fought his way out (probably another gate) and escaped by the hair on his chin. From what you see on the TV show though it did seem like hsi goose was cooked and no where to go, but hey he is Stannis My Name is Baratheon so that makes me a Badass and he made it happen.

As for Jon they are Beyond the Wall in wildling territory. when they set out they were tryign to find out why all the wildlings were ammassing their army an what they were going to do. Once Jon gets captured the Wildlings are taking them to their lair which is the big Valley Ygritte shows Jon in his last scene. It is a huge Wildling army camp and Jon is being taken to the King Beyond the Wall Mance Rayder who is their leader. The area beyond the wall is massive so this is not too far of a stretch that the journey would take some time.

Dany is called stormborn because she was born during the last month of Robert's Rebellion and on the night of her birth there was a HUGE storm. Thus she got the nickname stormborn. She gets caught up in her titles so later in the books she drops lines like:
    I am Daenery’s Stormborn the Unburnt Mother of Dragons Targeryan
    It actually gets a little annoying in the books

I agree Tywin and Arya are great (even though its not in the books) and Arya and Jaqen are great. Masie Williams is a fantastic actress.

Rob's army is actually setting up a little strategy they will get into next year. He seems idle but he is actually baiting a trap.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Thanks for the info. How come it seems like the White Walkers killed everyone in the beginning and now they want babies and don't kill the the guy hiding behind a rock? Wouldn't they just kill the wildlings?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Peter Dinklage '91 Addresses Bennington College's Class of 2012 :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuEfEv0OlsY&feature=player_embedded
    check it out. a really cool speech
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Thanks for the info. How come it seems like the White Walkers killed everyone in the beginning and now they want babies and don't kill the the guy hiding behind a rock? Wouldn't they just kill the wildlings?
    You'll have to wait till next season to learn more of that.

I'm not spoiling anything :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    bush_game_of_thrones.jpg

Look familiar?
    bush_game_of_thrones.jpg

Look familiar?

I read that earlier today. That's funny. It's even funnier that people are upset about it. Who. the. hell. cares?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    the whole W head controversy-i find it odd HBO isnt admitting it was bush. If it was him you'd think theyd admit it, apologize and move on.

Secondly, the head is in profile, and thus could be anyone. Someone else pointed out it could be Ozzy. Lots of people look like this person in profile.

Im sure we've all seen pictures of people, in photos or movies, or in real life, people who we think look like ourselves or our fathers or uncles or grandmothers. But in reality that person isnt.

Same could be true here. Just because a severed head in profile, with long hair nonetheless looks like W doesnt mean that person is supposed to actually be Bush
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    the whole W head controversy-i find it odd HBO isnt admitting it was bush. If it was him you'd think theyd admit it, apologize and move on.

Secondly, the head is in profile, and thus could be anyone. Someone else pointed out it could be Ozzy. Lots of people look like this person in profile.

Im sure we've all seen pictures of people, in photos or movies, or in real life, people who we think look like ourselves or our fathers or uncles or grandmothers. But in reality that person isnt.

Same could be true here. Just because a severed head in profile, with long hair nonetheless looks like W doesnt mean that person is supposed to actually be Bush
    They've admitted it. They're also not going to ship the dvd's for season one now until that clip is edited out.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Woot my Bluray of season one will now be a collectors set!!!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    195 pages into Storm of Swords
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    im 8 episodes into season 1 and im loving it. This is so cool. I read the first book, but decided to hell with it and just watch the show anyways without reading the rest of the series.

The woman who plays The Queen or the mother of Geoffry is a convincing actress because I despise her character on the show.

interesting stuff.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im 8 episodes into season 1 and im loving it. This is so cool. I read the first book, but decided to hell with it and just watch the show anyways without reading the rest of the series.

The woman who plays The Queen or the mother of Geoffry is a convincing actress because I despise her character on the show.

interesting stuff.

yeah cersei a bitch alright. if you want to see lena headey in a role you wont depsise her in i suggest gossip. its a good film regardless

the books give you so much more than the series ever will be able to.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

interesting stuff.
    I watched the commentary with her for one of season one's eps...she's really funny actually and she keeps calling Joffrey a little shit :lol:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Mamasan23 wrote:

interesting stuff.
    I watched the commentary with her for one of season one's eps...she's really funny actually and she keeps calling Joffrey a little shit :lol:

well shes right about that. he is a little shit. i blame his upbringing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Mamasan23 wrote:

the commentary with the three kids was great too.. they're so cute..
    Yarden wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

the commentary with the three kids was great too.. they're so cute..

Yes, I loved that one! I couldn't stop laughing when they were singing along with the opening credit music :lol:
  • RFTCRFTC Posts: 723

interesting stuff.

yeah cersei a bitch alright. if you want to see lena headey in a role you wont depsise her in i suggest gossip. its a good film regardless

the books give you so much more than the series ever will be able to.

her performance on season 2, 'blackwater' episode is emmy award worthy.
    San Diego Sports Arena - Oct 25, 2000
    MGM Grand - Jul 6, 2006
    Cox Arena - Jul 7, 2006
    New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival - May 1, 2010
    Alpine Valley Music Theater - Sep 3-4 2011
    Made In America, Philly - Sep 2, 2012
    EV, Houston - Nov 12-13, 2012
    Dallas-November 2013
    OKC-November 2013
    ACL 2-October 2014
    Fenway Night 1, August 2016
    Wrigley, Night 1 August 2018