A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I think so
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    is sunday episode last for the season?

Yup. Just one more episode left. :cry:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Better Dan wrote:

renew?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Better Dan wrote:

renew?

Yup.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/game-of-thrones-renewed-season-3-306981
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Better Dan wrote:

renew?

I read that book 3 would be divided into 2 seasons.
    I am assuming that they will do a mash up of books 4 + 5 for seasons 5 + 6.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • I'm watching a marathon of the last 4 episodes...yes I know, nothing better to do on a Saturday night 8-)

This show is just beautiful to watch! As a reader, and re-reader of the books, this season has been full of many suprises, mostly good ones, and others which I have wondered WTF?

I have loved, loved the scenes between and Arya and Tywin,Brienne is just awesome, Jaqen is hot, Tyrion is amazing, Cersei is bat shit crazy and great to watch, but there has not been enough Jon Snow, or the dire wolves!!

I am sad that there is only one more episode left, but now that I have just purchased the "offical" game of thrones cookbook, I look forward to making the Old Bear's mulled wine, Sister's Stew, and lemon cakes, which are Sansa's favorite.

I also loved The Rains of Castamere, and hopefully, next season, they do a rocking version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair. I would love to hear that! :D
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    vant0037 wrote:
    Anyone get the impression that they are condensing the books in the show? For interest, does Daario Naharis appear before book 4? Maybe he does...I don't know. I just have this theory that there is no way they could continue to follow the books so closely. As the producers have said, the show would fail under the weight of so many new faces; I think the same is true for storylines.

I certainly hope they continue to make the show, but I get the feeling that they will be condensing book storylines as they go forward. I have a theory on how they'll do it, but I don't want to spoil anything for non-readers here.

As far as I can remember (and I have read all the books since December 11- with 70 pages left to ADWD) Daario does not appear before book four. The tyroshi will definitely be a interesting character to see cast...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Finale tonight!

True Blood next week! thank Goodness it goes right into another series. I love HBO!

Also, Friday night at 9 starts Spartacus, the series on Starz. I think it starts with the prequel, then goes to season one and then season 3. It's bloody and full of gore and sex. Great story lines, I love it!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Rereading the battle of blackwater bay :mrgreen:

EDIT: Finished re-reading the chapters. Can anyone remind/enlighten me why Ser mandon tried to kill Tyrion? Was it ever reveled who ordered him to do it?
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I'm watching a marathon of the last 4 episodes...yes I know, nothing better to do on a Saturday night 8-)

This show is just beautiful to watch! As a reader, and re-reader of the books, this season has been full of many suprises, mostly good ones, and others which I have wondered WTF?

I have loved, loved the scenes between and Arya and Tywin,Brienne is just awesome, Jaqen is hot, Tyrion is amazing, Cersei is bat shit crazy and great to watch, but there has not been enough Jon Snow, or the dire wolves!!

I am sad that there is only one more episode left, but now that I have just purchased the "offical" game of thrones cookbook, I look forward to making the Old Bear's mulled wine, Sister's Stew, and lemon cakes, which are Sansa's favorite.

I also loved The Rains of Castamere, and hopefully, next season, they do a rocking version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair. I would love to hear that! :D

I have been watching the marathon as well, so awesome to see them all again. I know that Cersei is a crazy diabolical mean incestuous bitch; but I love her I think, especially last week's episode when she was drinking the wine and mocking everyone, a great great season for her.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    God damn it I can't believe we now have to wait a year for season 3 and the 1st half of a Storm of Swords.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Phenomenal episode. Godamn I love Khaleesi.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Great episode. Didn't like the Dothraki girl going in the vault. And the House of the undying was a bit brief, but can't complain.

Tied it up nicely on all fronts, and the build up for the next season is awesome.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Yarden wrote:
    oh lordy my heart stopped when tyrian got slashed but then someone assured hes ok(even tho he didnt look ok) so im happy.

please guys, no spoilers.. i would have guessed they wouldn't "Ned Stark" him but still.. ;)

amazing episode.. Cersei's scenes were so good. they should let GRRM write more episodes!

it was a little weird for me when The National played through the credits.. not because it wasn't good, but so far it was always instrumental theme music and to have a real, modern band was weird.. (not importan, i know :? )
    will watch it again tommorow to notice all the stuff i missed..

my apologies. didnt realise i was spoiling.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    downloading now..torent is out :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Can't believe it's over! The House of the Undying part was definitely too brief, but I loved everything else. The final few minutes were amazing...really setting it up for next season! I'm glad they kept in the fact that Jon kills the Halfhand, was worried about that. But where has Ghost been? Good to see Summer and Shaggydog make an appearance too. Do we really have to wait a whole year now?
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I missed this thread while the new site was being set up. I liked the last episode, but can't wait for next season. It makes me want to read the books again.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I watched the final episode of the season as the site went down. I really enjoyed it. It felt like the stage was being set for the next period of pay in the game. I was kind of upset Joffrey survived the season, but how much longer could the guy possibly live, eh?
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    my apologies. didnt realise i was spoiling.
    i guess you weren't really because i assumed he's going to live.. but you can't be sure with this show.. no worries, though :)

the last episode felt a little condensed but good.

was a little disappointed with The Undying part. they didn't even have The Undying. is all the stuff they tell Dany there not important? also would've loved to see all the stuff she sees through all the doors but it was really cool seeing her in the throne room and beside the wall. aslo- did you guys see her baby's hair?! :lol:
    the only times i don't like Dany is when she's being vengeful. was that even in the book?

i kinda hoped we were done with Stannis after Blackwater.. oh well..

loved the pairing between Brienne and Jaime.. and the part with Theon's speech was great..

cant wait for next season.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I watched the final episode of the season as the site went down. I really enjoyed it. It felt like the stage was being set for the next period of pay in the game. I was kind of upset Joffrey survived the season, but how much longer could the guy possibly live, eh?
    Like Sansa says.... The Bad ones have a way of Always coming back. :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    rafie wrote:
    Rereading the battle of blackwater bay :mrgreen:

EDIT: Finished re-reading the chapters. Can anyone remind/enlighten me why Ser mandon tried to kill Tyrion? Was it ever reveled who ordered him to do it?
    I don't know if it is ever revealed exactly who ordered it (i may just not be remembering though). I always assumed it was Cersie
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    Yarden wrote:
    the only times i don't like Dany is when she's being vengeful. was that even in the book?

Well none of that stuff with Xaro Ducksauce took place so no i don't recall her being like that in that particular scene, but in later books I think we do see times where Dany has a darker side to her and she can be quite unlikeable although she does other things that make her seem likeable.

I was not online Sunday so i missed my chance to post here while the site was down :(

I enjoyed the last episode, but wasn't amazed by it. I should have known they could not do the House of the Undying properly. I thought they glossed over the sadness of winterfell being burned to the ground i guess they'll go into that more next season. Master Louin dying was sad and i'm glad they kept the part of him asking osha to end it.

The number one biggest problem I currently have is the Jon Snow storyline :nono: :nono: :nono:

They royally F-ed that up imo.
    and seriously can someone please put up some Lost Dogs posters in the frost fangs for ghost??? did he find a female direwolf somewhere and he is shacked up with her and just forgot about Jon??

Oh and why is Rob getting married and taking the vow of the 7? He is from the north and worships the old gods. Talissa is from over seas and probably worships Rohallar. How the hell did that get past the editor ??? I'd like to hear them explain that one to me.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    can't read... haven't seen episode yet... in Europe for work... left it downloading last night...

I did however finish ADWD on the plane... gonna head on over to the spoilers thread. ;)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    I enjoyed the finale. I'm come to the conclusion I'm going to hold off on judging all the changes until we get further on in the seasons. I think the reson the wolves are not in as much is more due to the budget than the writing. If HBO could have budgeted more, and made this season 12-13 episodes rather than 10, it would have worked better. I think splitting book 3 into two seasons will help a lot, and they have already indicated some stuff from season 2 will happen next year. But overall, I think the CGI has looked great, and everyone I know that has not read the books but watches the show loved it.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    intodeep wrote:
    Well none of that stuff with Xaro Ducksauce took place so no i don't recall her being like that in that particular scene, but in later books I think we do see times where Dany has a darker side to her and she can be quite unlikeable although she does other things that make her seem likeable.

yeah, in the first season i could understand why she wanted to kill Miri Maz Dur after Drogo and her baby died but i also felt like Miri Maz Dur was justified after what the Dothraki did to her village and the fact that the baby was gonna become some vicious horse lord or whatever..
    i guess she's a Targaryen after all..
    intodeep wrote:
    Oh and why is Rob getting married and taking the vow of the 7? He is from the north and worships the old gods. Talissa is from over seas and probably worships Rohallar. How the hell did that get past the editor ??? I'd like to hear them explain that one to me.

is Talisa even in the books at some point? i've got less than a hundred pages left in A Clash of Kings and she's yet to make an appearence.. was it just so they have more going on with Robb this season?
    i was surprised that he broke his promise to the Freys, being a Stark, but i guess the Stark kids realise that Ned always did what was expected of him and it got him killed..
    Yarden wrote:
    [is Talisa even in the books at some point? i've got less than a hundred pages left in A Clash of Kings and she's yet to make an appearence.. was it just so they have more going on with Robb this season?
    i was surprised that he broke his promise to the Freys, being a Stark, but i guess the Stark kids realise that Ned always did what was expected of him and it got him killed..

No, but a similar storyline with someone else is in the books. Her name is Jeyne in the books and she is not from overseas. Serves the same purpose just a bit different. If you have not read about her in Clash i assume they jump on it in Storm of Swords. I honestly don't remember.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I enjoyed the finale. I'm come to the conclusion I'm going to hold off on judging all the changes until we get further on in the seasons. I think the reson the wolves are not in as much is more due to the budget than the writing. If HBO could have budgeted more, and made this season 12-13 episodes rather than 10, it would have worked better. I think splitting book 3 into two seasons will help a lot, and they have already indicated some stuff from season 2 will happen next year. But overall, I think the CGI has looked great, and everyone I know that has not read the books but watches the show loved it.
    You are right. I should have patience..... but the Jon Halfhand story was so good i thought and it just seemed botched.
    I should sit back and wait to see how it all unfolds next season :corn:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    shep wrote:
    can't read... haven't seen episode yet... in Europe for work... left it downloading last night...

I did however finish ADWD on the plane... gonna head on over to the spoilers thread. ;)

welcome to the "in agony waiting for the fucker to finish the book club" ... :lol::lol:
    intodeep wrote:
    You are right. I should have patience..... but the Jon Halfhand story was so good i thought and it just seemed botched.
    I should sit back and wait to see how it all unfolds next season :corn:

I am hoping that it is going to be addressed next year. Jon's story is the one I am dissapointed in too. I thought it was the one that needed changed the least to work for TV. Still, I thought the season overall was a success. And I'll pre-order the blu-ray as soon as Amazon has it up. :D
    http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/06/05/in-game-of-thrones-you-win-or-you-buy-hbo-offering-30000-iron-throne-replicas/

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

HBO is selling replica iron thrones!
    My birthday is the end of july if you'd like to make a sizeable donation to help me afford one of these i will give you my paypall account :D

I can picture the iron throne in my living room... okay probably more like my basement, but whatever it woudl rule! (catch that pun ?)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22