A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    intodeep wrote:
    was that the kids hanging??? boo theon boo. :x
    Yes, Bran and Rickon :cry:

I was reading a re-cap of episode and it was suggested that maybe that is NOT the Stark kids hanging but made to seem so. Would make sense since their bodies were charred and you couldn't really tell...

"Did you pull a knife on me in the night?" :lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Yeah, what's the deal with Ghost? Where the hell was he? Was he off hunting rabbits or something? :lol:
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Lizard wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    was that the kids hanging??? boo theon boo. :x
    Yes, Bran and Rickon :cry:

I was reading a re-cap of episode and it was suggested that maybe that is NOT the Stark kids hanging but made to seem so. Would make sense since their bodies were charred and you couldn't really tell...

"Did you pull a knife on me in the night?" :lol:
    :|
    my lips are sealed
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Killing the two boys was more ruthless than even the killing of Ned Stark. :(

Man, nothing is off limits on this show! So I wonder if Lady Stark takes out the Kingslayer. I hope!
  • MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    Regarding the Reeds and Bran's (eventual) story arc in the books -- which I won't spoil here -- I'm wondering if Osha fills the Reeds role there. Or if they're just going to ignore Bran's whole subplot in the books. I'd be surprised, considering how much time they've dedicated to him already in the show and what a great job the actor has done portraying him.

I guess you could say that all around though -- the quality of the acting so far has been outstanding. Just another day at the office for HBO programming, I suppose.
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    need to watch this week's episode...

never got to watch last weeks until Thursday, and be the time I watched it and read the hatred from the people who read the books (that I was in complete agreement with), I just didn't bother to say anything...

Time for a couple more chapters of a dance with dragons and bed... hopefully tomorrow I'll get to this weeks episode.... between the hockey playoffs, work, and the painting of my cornhole board, I have just been too busy! :lol:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • YardenYarden Posts: 820
    MotoDC wrote:
    Regarding the Reeds and Bran's (eventual) story arc in the books -- which I won't spoil here -- I'm wondering if Osha fills the Reeds role there. Or if they're just going to ignore Bran's whole subplot in the books.

i think i remember the creators of the show saying something about how some of the characters we meet in the second book will only appear in the third season because there's so much going on this season that they can't just have characters waiting around.. don't know who they mean though..

anyway, great episode. loved the scene between Jaime and Catelyn at the end. "is that a woman?!". wonder what she'll do.. and will we ever get to know about Jon's mother?
    I enjoyed last night's show. I was glad to see some storylines find their way back to where they should be. I think the changes made with Jon were unnecesary but it seems they are going to have the important stuff happen the same way.
    I was VERY happy to hear Catlyn use the children expeirence as her excuse to let Jamie go. I would have been mad if it was just because she was a scared they were going to kill him. In the books she does it after she learns of Bran and Rickon being killed (obviously not true but everyone thought they were dead) and it pushes her over her breaking point. I think that works better but oh well.

As Always Arya steels the show. Her interaction with Jaqen was awesome.

I keep waiting for Dany to get to the house of the undying. They could have easily had that happen tonight ihope they don't try to cram too much into the last two episodes.

Next up BATTLE OF THE BLACKWATER :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    intodeep wrote:
    I enjoyed last night's show. I was glad to see some storylines find their way back to where they should be. I think the changes made with Jon were unnecesary but it seems they are going to have the important stuff happen the same way.
    I was VERY happy to hear Catlyn use the children expeirence as her excuse to let Jamie go. I would have been mad if it was just because she was a scared they were going to kill him. In the books she does it after she learns of Bran and Rickon being killed (obviously not true but everyone thought they were dead) and it pushes her over her breaking point. I think that works better but oh well.

As Always Arya steels the show. Her interaction with Jaqen was awesome.

I keep waiting for Dany to get to the house of the undying. They could have easily had that happen tonight ihope they don't try to cram too much into the last two episodes.

Next up BATTLE OF THE BLACKWATER :D

you know the whole dead princes thing had me thinking all week. id finally come to the conclusion after my initial shock that theon was too weak to kill the princes but that someone had substituted others. i figured that when stark found out his brothers had been murdered hed come down on theon with everything he had and that someone wasnt a big fan of theons(who is?) and wanted him gone but didnt have the balls to do it themselves was the reason for the the substitution. i also thought theon would be too weak to kill the princes and the last thing hed want is stark mega vengeance coming down on him. it never occurred to me that theon knew the bodies werent the princes... so that was a nice surprise for me in last nights episode.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,074
    it's all going down next week, and i can't wait to see what happens.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    So who dies in battle or in the aftermath next week?
    anyone want to take bets?

Cersie?
    Joffrey?
    Tyrion?
    Bronn?
    The Hound?
    Sansa?
    Varys?
    Stannis?
    Davos?

Someone has to right? I mean when you play the game you win or you die right? :D

Oh and I can't wait to see Podrick Payne in action next week he is one of my fav minor characters
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

Cersie?
    Joffrey?
    Tyrion?
    Bronn?
    The Hound?
    Sansa?
    Varys?
    Stannis?
    Davos?

Someone has to right? I mean when you play the game you win or you die right? :D

Oh and I can't wait to see Podrick Payne in action next week he is one of my fav minor characters

ill be devastated if tyrion dies.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    I'm curious to see if the battle takes up the whole episode this week. There is going to be a lot of death either way.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    Lena Headey had so hot eyelook last night episode..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    intodeep wrote:

Cersie?
    Joffrey?
    Tyrion?
    Bronn?
    The Hound?
    Sansa?
    Varys?
    Stannis?
    Davos?

Wait, intodeep, you've been posting in the other Game of Thrones thread (the one with spoilers). Haven't you read the books?

Regardless, having read the books already myself, I have to admit to certain masochistic pleasure in seeing you folks who haven't read them writhe in suspension as to what happens next. Mwahahahah... :twisted: Who gonna die who gonna die??
    MotoDC wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Cersie?
    Joffrey?
    Tyrion?
    Bronn?
    The Hound?
    Sansa?
    Varys?
    Stannis?
    Davos?

Wait, intodeep, you've been posting in the other Game of Thrones thread (the one with spoilers). Haven't you read the books?

Regardless, having read the books already myself, I have to admit to certain masochistic pleasure in seeing you folks who haven't read them writhe in suspension as to what happens next. Mwahahahah... :twisted: Who gonna die who gonna die??
    I just liketo stir the pot and see what others thing :corn: :corn: :corn:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    EPIC BATTLE NEXT WEEK!! Ahh I can't wait to see what they do with the Battle of Blackwater Bay!

They must be waiting for the final episode for Dany to get to the House of the Undying is what I'm thinking...

how are there only 2 eps left??!!! Sadness!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    So, I sat down for 2 hours last night and caught up on the last 2 episodes (my apologies to the rangers/devils series, but this couldn't wait any longer)...

I very much enjoyed the interaction between Arya and Lord Tywin... as something that wasn't in the books, they did a good job of it. The only thing that doesn't make sense to me about it, is that by the end it's kind of implied that Tywin knows she was high-born... why not take her as a captive?

Also kind of disappointed that the Hot Soup escape at Harrenhall didn't happen, but that was written out long ago when the Tywin stayed at Harrenhall... Anyway, I digress.

Was happy to see the Jon Snow plot lines come back together somewhat... and the introduction of Rattleshirt... do you think we'll get to meet the person they've cast as Maynce Ryder this season?

As for everyone's thoughts on Theon well... I'm almost finished ADWD, so I'm starting to get a sympathic towards his character.... Reek, Reek, it rhymes with sneek.

Still don't like the kidnapping of the dragons... in the books Dany went to the house of the undying willingly, not to save anyone/thing. And I don't remember that whole scene with the killing of the rest of the other 13 in Qarth... did that happen in the books, or is that plot lines being constructed by HBO again?

The next 2 episodes are building up to be huge... The house of the Undying, the duel with Jon Snow, The battle of the Blackwater, and is it time for the battle at the fist of the first men too? Man oh man... big budget's over there at HBO, hope they spend the $'s in the right spots!
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    intodeep wrote:

Cersie?
    Joffrey?
    Tyrion?
    Bronn?
    The Hound?
    Sansa?
    Varys?
    Stannis?
    Davos?

I have a feeling that Tywin is going to bite it. He's about to enter battle, has an enemy in Arya and his son wishes to continue playing the game. He could be killed by Robb on the battlefield, stabbed by Arya in the dark (or killed by Jaqen), or maybe poisoned by Tyrion when he arrives at King's Landing expecting to take his place as the Hand.

I'd really love Joffrey to die as well. He's not very well liked in his realm and there's many people who could kill him. My bet would be that Sansa has a hand in it somehow.

Continuing with the Lannister-slaughter, I could also see Cersei being killed by Tyrion. She's done enough to piss him off, and his girl isn't safe so long as she lives.
    i really need to read the book..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

bookS. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say

bookS. ;)8-)
    oh..thanks :)

bookS. ;)8-)
    oh..thanks :)

i wouldnt thank me yet.. have you seen those books??? just the first one is inxs of 800 pp.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    [
    i wouldnt thank me yet.. have you seen those books??? just the first one is inxs of 800 pp.
    ill buy the greek edition..i can read fast in greek :roll:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    soo ... i'm on a bike ride with some friends ... couple of other guys are on a bike and they talk about critical mass ... i told them there are critical mass rides in the city and eventually the conversation gets to GoT ... we talked for like 25 mins with some kid joining in about 10 mins in ... and then the kids mom ... :lol::lol:

anyhoo - the kid doesn't have faith that this fucker will finish writing the books and that it will even be done in 7 ... :twisted:
    [
    ill buy the greek edition..i can read fast in greek :roll:

i took that as a given.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    I have doubts it will be finished much less finished in 7.
    the next book will be very telling.

SHEP- Pretty sure we'll get the Battle at the Fist of the First Men next season and the entire Qarth storyline was fabricated by HBO for the most part. You are correct teh 13 were not killed.

I am lowering my expectations for the House of the Undying. As a book reader you are unsure who exactly Dany sees. It is ambiguious. They have really not gone into much of the backstory at all in the show so it is kind of hard to just open it up. Hopefully we'll get some of it though

I will say the next two should be fun. When they announced the series the three scenes in the first two books i was most looking forward to watching unfold were: Ned's Beheading, House of the Undying, and Battle of Blackwater. With two of those three in the next two episodes its easy to say i've been waiting for this for some time.

don't mess it up hbo :x
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I read a while back that GRRM has shared his vision on how the story resolves with the shows producers in case he dies before he can finish writing. Hopefully it won't come to that, but at least we know that he has a resolution in mind and we will see it regardless.
    polaris_x wrote:
    soo ... i'm on a bike ride with some friends ... couple of other guys are on a bike and they talk about critical mass ... i told them there are critical mass rides in the city and eventually the conversation gets to GoT ... we talked for like 25 mins with some kid joining in about 10 mins in ... and then the kids mom ... :lol::lol:

anyhoo - the kid doesn't have faith that this fucker will finish writing the books and that it will even be done in 7 ... :twisted:
    That kid is equal parts prematurely jaded and wise. :ugeek:
  • traveljunkietraveljunkie Posts: 663
    it never occurred to me that theon knew the bodies werent the princes... so that was a nice surprise for me in last nights episode.

I always feel like I've missed something when watching this show!
    Does/did Theon know those weren't the princes??

I thought, from his reaction at the end of the previous week's episode, that he was just as shocked to see their burned bodies as the rest of the onlookers. I had assumed he ordered their murders but didn't participate in it. But, did I miss something this week where it was implied he knows they weren't killed?

(I swear I think I'm paying attention each week! :lol: )
    “I worked really hard on this set. I just told you we’re gonna have a great night, so I don’t need any fuckin’ help from anybody.” EV, 7/2/09