A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    im so tempted to download the episode, not sure im gonna make it till march....

I say do it. It was awesome. Cersei is a such a B, but I love it!!! The characters are so spot on. Joffrey the little prick is perfect in his role. His little weasel face makes me want to punch him right in the kisser...haha :lol:
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Joffrey the little prick is perfect in his role. His little weasel face makes me want to punch him right in the kisser...haha :lol:

Please God let Rob Stark's wolf rip his face off
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    Joffrey the little prick is perfect in his role. His little weasel face makes me want to punch him right in the kisser...haha :lol:

Please God let Rob Stark's wolf rip his face off

I jumped last night.... I thought for sure he was gonna take a bite outta Jaimie!!!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    Err am I complete dumbass? I have watched every episode and I'm so just fucking confused with that's going on, so many different characters and people and agendas. I got the very main points of last season but i watched the recap and I'm still like, who the fuck is that, what the hell are these people even saying/talking about.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    if I didn't read the books I would have been totally lost last night.
    I'm still going to watch it again before next the episode, just to make sure I got it right!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Brisk. wrote:
    Err am I complete dumbass? I have watched every episode and I'm so just fucking confused with that's going on, so many different characters and people and agendas. I got the very main points of last season but i watched the recap and I'm still like, who the fuck is that, what the hell are these people even saying/talking about.

The books were written in real 'epic' style with loads of characters. If I didn't read the books it would be a bit difficult to follow all the plot lines. Even reading them I'm sometimes like 'who the hell is this guy again?'. But the show captures it all brilliantly.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,279
    Brisk. wrote:
    My first go-through last season was a little confusing. I watched the whole season again and it was soooo much clearer!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    almost finished storm of swords... must not break down and start watching new season on tv.... need.... will.... power....
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,108
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    What I LOVED was seeing Grey Wind - wow that scene where he snaps at Jamie gave me the chills! Can't wait to get more into Bran's dreams.

I know! I can't wait to see more of Bran...his character becomes so great.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
    2023-08-31 Wrigley 2
    2023-09-15 Fenway 1
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Late to the party but that was a very cool premier. Glad to see Ser Dontas making his apperance. Sophia Turner is doing a great job of Sansa. As her arc continues I can see her doing a really good job with it.

As for Tyrion this is HIS season. I seem to remember Clash of Kings being the book that Tyrion really shines in. I fully expect heavy doses of him and that won't stray far from the way the book played out. Plus he is a pimp so he deserves it ;)

Rob is growing into his role as leader you can tell he is Ned's son. I'm excited to see more of him than we got in the book.

I still don't like the changes they made to CAT's charactor from the book but I can live with it as I think i have a good understanding why they are doing it.

DAVOS! I wish they would have conveyed more how much watching the 7 burn bothered Davos. He is one of my favs of the entire season i can't wait to see more of him. I hope they keep his bag of "luck" around his neck i had a hard time seeing if it was there.

Ratings were good 3.9 mil on first viewing and i think a total of about 7 mil with the repeats. Please let us get season three :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    What did people think of the first episode? I thought it was awesome, except the bit where they killed those babies, bit disturbing :o
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,548
    i saw the first 2 episodes of season 2..second episode is available via torrents,not played in tv yet...
    awesome!!!!great show..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,894
    intodeep wrote:
    Ratings were good 3.9 mil on first viewing and i think a total of about 7 mil with the repeats. Please let us get season three :)

I think it is almost a lock for at least 2 more. I was reading an article with Dinklidge, he said he signed for 6 seasons.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    i saw the first 2 episodes of season 2..second episode is available via torrents,not played in tv yet...
    awesome!!!!great show..

kool... good to know... will try and download it tonight for my trip to Mexico! I am planning on re-watching season 1 straight into season 2 while I'm there...

just 60 pages left in Storm of Swords.... Interested to see where a A feast for crows goes... I really like the plot lines that are developing at the end of this book...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:
    awesome!!!!great show..

kool... good to know... will try and download it tonight for my trip to Mexico! I am planning on re-watching season 1 straight into season 2 while I'm there...

just 60 pages left in Storm of Swords.... Interested to see where a A feast for crows goes... I really like the plot lines that are developing at the end of this book...

Just a heads up, a feast of crows is only half the story, and a DWD is the other half, they go on at the same time. GRRM splits up the characters since it would not have fit in one book. I did not know that when I started feast. And I see why it pissed off a lot of people, especially with the long wait between it and a DWD.
    intodeep wrote:

I think it is almost a lock for at least 2 more. I was reading an article with Dinklidge, he said he signed for 6 seasons.
    If it made it 6 seasons that would be great. I worry about the child actors growing too quickly though. They need to start puttign out two seasons a year :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    shep wrote:
    awesome!!!!great show..

Just a heads up, a feast of crows is only half the story, and a DWD is the other half, they go on at the same time. GRRM splits up the characters since it would not have fit in one book. I did not know that when I started feast. And I see why it pissed off a lot of people, especially with the long wait between it and a DWD.

hrm.... well I'm taking DWD with me as well, so hopefully I make it that far... though I think that's being a little optomistic with my reading speed... really hoping to finish storm of swords tonight before I leave, just so that I don't have to lug an extra 5 lb book to and from :lol:
    Am i being too critical or was last night's show a bit meh. As a book reader i did not mind but i don't think a lot happened for those who have not read to keep the interest level high.

I was highly looking forward to the scene between Janos and Tyrion and even that fell a little short. (looks like they are morphing people as no way in hell Bronn was the nights watch leader although i do like they still kept the question in there about if Bronn would kill a baby for him i think that is important)

Davos as all would expect is the pimp we though he would be :D

Um how often does Jon Snow go wandering around in the night without his big bad wolf? I don't remember that happening in the book and i'm pretty sure it didn't because Ghost is always there to mess anything that moves up. Whatever though They obviously want to tell th Craster story a little differnetly seems like they are sticking to the most important stuff.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    Am i being too critical or was last night's show a bit meh. As a book reader i did not mind but i don't think a lot happened for those who have not read to keep the interest level high.

I was highly looking forward to the scene between Janos and Tyrion and even that fell a little short. (looks like they are morphing people as no way in hell Bronn was the nights watch leader although i do like they still kept the question in there about if Bronn would kill a baby for him i think that is important)

Um how often does Jon Snow go wandering around in the night without his big bad wolf? I don't remember that happening in the book and i'm pretty sure it didn't because Ghost is always there to mess anything that moves up. Whatever though They obviously want to tell th Craster story a little differnetly seems like they are sticking to the most important stuff.

I thought it was good, a solid episode following last weeks. I think part of the problem is people are almost starting to expect every episode to be amazing. I agree, the Tyrion/Janos scene should have been longer or set up better.

I was happy that they showed Ghost, but you are right, why was he not out there in the woods with Jon?

I think the issues are the season should have been 12-13 episodes rather than 10. And of course the budget. I think they are doing a good job working around those two things. The CG has been pretty good for a TV show so far. Pyke looked great.
    I'm glad they kept Theon's meeting of Yara (aka Asha) in there :D

The actress that plays her is attractive and fitting for the role but in my mind Yara was quite a bit sexier. I mean ... A LOT sexier :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    intodeep wrote:

I'm not gonna lie, I was honestly PISSED when it ended. I expected Asha to be much hotter as well, and wanted to see her throwing knives...the scene where Theon finds out who she is fell flat for me. Also, did Rakharo die? I don't seem to remember that either :?: The end where Jon followed Craster really did it for me. I don't know why they did that. Oh!! I definitely don't remember Stannis ever banging Melisandre, but I guess it is sort of implied, so I'm not as upset about that.

I did, however, like the bit that they added with Littlefinger, really made him look like the asshole he truly is.

I also wish they showed more of Arya's trip up north. I did like the Jaquen H'gar bit, cool to finally see him talk!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Sadly for GoT Rakahro picked up a role in a big time movie with Brad Pitt thta was filiming at the same time so it was necesary for him to be written out.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/game-of-thrones-season-3-renewed_n_1400121.html

BAM!

Season 1 and Season 2 are childs play compared to the awesomeness that is STorm of Swords. I'm so happy!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/10/game-of-thrones-season-3-renewed_n_1400121.html

BAM!

Season 1 and Season 2 are childs play compared to the awesomeness that is STorm of Swords. I'm so happy!

I hope they divide the book into seperate seasons like it was rumored. I know they said they are concentrating on telling the whoel sotry now. but fitting "Kings" into 10 episodes is rough, no way they could do it with everything that happens in SOS.
    intodeep wrote:

BAM!

I hope they divide the book into seperate seasons like it was rumored. I know they said they are concentrating on telling the whoel sotry now. but fitting "Kings" into 10 episodes is rough, no way they could do it with everything that happens in SOS.
    One rumor i heard was a 16 episode season.... I'd prefer they just split it in two and get 20 so much happens in that book!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

BAM!

Awesome!!
    intodeep wrote:
    Sadly for GoT Rakahro picked up a role in a big time movie with Brad Pitt thta was filiming at the same time so it was necesary for him to be written out.

Oh!!! Well that would explain that then! Dammit Rakharo!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    intodeep wrote:
    One rumor i heard was a 16 episode season.... I'd prefer they just split it in two and get 20 so much happens in that book!
    I haven't read the book, but I hear #3 is awesome, detailed and long. I too hope they make it a 20 episode 2 year than a shortened longer single season.
    mca47 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    I haven't read the book, but I hear #3 is awesome, detailed and long. I too hope they make it a 20 episode 2 year than a shortened longer single season.

It's AMAZING! I would like more episodes too, I'm just worried that the longer they spread it out, the faster the kids will grow, you know? Maybe they could do 2 seasons in one year? Now that would be awesome! :D
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

It's AMAZING! I would like more episodes too, I'm just worried that the longer they spread it out, the faster the kids will grow, you know? Maybe they could do 2 seasons in one year? Now that would be awesome! :D

When I heard the rumor of season 3 being split, it was that they would shoot it back to back. So hopefully HBO has agreed to that.