Options

A GAME OF THRONES - Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Ohh a tale of the Mad King would be GREAT!!

And Frig... I just LOVED Ned Stark, Kinda had a crush on him LOL, but thanks for the info :)

Agreed, that man is HOT! Apparently 22 year old Playboy models think so as well:
    http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/06/boromir-aint-care-sean-bean-gets-stabbed-in-bar-fight-keeps-partying

That's okay, we can ooh and ahh over Jon Snow this season :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Ohh a tale of the Mad King would be GREAT!!

And Frig... I just LOVED Ned Stark, Kinda had a crush on him LOL, but thanks for the info :)

Agreed, that man is HOT! Apparently 22 year old Playboy models think so as well:
    http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2011/06/boromir-aint-care-sean-bean-gets-stabbed-in-bar-fight-keeps-partying

That's okay, we can ooh and ahh over Jon Snow this season :mrgreen:

:shock:

Mmmmm Jon Snow. I will start Oooohh!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    If I remember correctly from book 2, Jamie's hardly in it at all. If the show follows the book, he'll have, what, all of 2 scenes? I'm wondering if they are going to create some just to get him more air time. It'll be interesting to see what they do!

I have a feeling he will be invovled more than one thinks. The guys doing the show said that after season one, they are kind of adapting the series/story vs. just adapting the book. So they said some elements of book two would be moved to season 3, where as some elements of book 3 might show up in season 2. And they talked about how to get characters scenes, like Robb who is not a point of view character in book 2, but central to the story.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    If I remember correctly from book 2, Jamie's hardly in it at all. If the show follows the book, he'll have, what, all of 2 scenes? I'm wondering if they are going to create some just to get him more air time. It'll be interesting to see what they do!

I have a feeling he will be invovled more than one thinks. The guys doing the show said that after season one, they are kind of adapting the series/story vs. just adapting the book. So they said some elements of book two would be moved to season 3, where as some elements of book 3 might show up in season 2. And they talked about how to get characters scenes, like Robb who is not a point of view character in book 2, but central to the story.
    That was my understanding of it as well that we woudl get to see more of Robb's doings and they woudl move some of Jamie's stuff from book 3 to this season. They don't want them to be off screen for an entire season.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Oh that's awesome!!! I'm happy to hear that, as long as they stay true to the story I think that's probably a smart move. Thanks =)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Pamela0222 wrote:

you can have jon snow ... we got ygritte ... :mrgreen:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoEnkAlWd8ohRp3izA-hE4YXp4X7jPmedcONuXY0qzVY1BhMSm
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

:evil: FIRE HAIRED BEAST! I'm going to make a drinking game out of every time she says "You know nothing Jon Snow"
  • Options
    LOL Everybody drinks!!! :lol:
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    Pamela0222 wrote:

:evil: FIRE HAIRED BEAST! I'm going to make a drinking game out of every time she says "You know nothing Jon Snow"

:lol:

For some reason I did not picture Ygritte being that hot... I guess I know nothing...

I find her character very annoying to tell you the truth...
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I really hope that at some point he does a prequel and tells the tale of the Mad King, that would be an incredible read!

So long as he adds the viewpoint of Robert Baratheon, that would be great... although I'm sure it could suffice with just Jamie and Ned...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i like the wildlings ... :mrgreen:
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    i like the wildlings ... :mrgreen:
    Yeah, i was happy with the actress i always thought she was probably pretty hot.... in that wildling way :? :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Got through the prologue and chapter 1 in ADWD last night...no book throwing to report as of yet...
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I am embarrased and ashamed that this thread is over a year in existence and I still have yet to watch the final episode of Season 1. :oops:

Never read the books and just happened to catch on of the episodes being aired and I was hooked. Catching up now and glad that I haven't missed any of the new season yet. I will be an avid GOT addict from here on out. Such a great show.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,014
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Got through the prologue and chapter 1 in ADWD last night...no book throwing to report as of yet...

report back if/when you throw the book haha.
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    I am embarrased and ashamed that this thread is over a year in existence and I still have yet to watch the final episode of Season 1. :oops:

Never read the books and just happened to catch on of the episodes being aired and I was hooked. Catching up now and glad that I haven't missed any of the new season yet. I will be an avid GOT addict from here on out. Such a great show.
    I think HBO has been reairing the episodes on thursday nights and tonight is the last of season one.

Great timeing!

I'm so exicted. I purposely planned my plane trip back from Vegas so i'll be home in time for the Season Premire Sunday (assuming and hoping for no delays)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Lol.... better be careful throwing around that hardcover might be dangerous...

I read through the part about the second wedding in a storm of swords last night... actually, I guess, technically it's the third, definitely liked the outcome more than the second one.... :D

Hoping to finish storm the weekend...
    intodeep wrote:
    youngster wrote:

I think HBO has been reairing the episodes on thursday nights and tonight is the last of season one.

Great timeing!

I'm so exicted. I purposely planned my plane trip back from Vegas so i'll be home in time for the Season Premire Sunday (assuming and hoping for no delays)

I'm going to record the first episode of the new season before I leave for Mexico next week... planning on re-watching the first season on my laptop while I'm there, and then I can return for to the first 2 episodes of this season waiting for me... :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    free HBO preview weekend coming up. my cheap ass can finally check this out.
  • Options
    youngster wrote:

Yep, like intodeep said you should be able to catch the last one on HBO before Sunday night. If not, you can catch it on HBO Go. Are you planning on reading the books at some point?

My sister and I are having a Game of Thrones day on Sunday...recapping old episodes and watching the features on the blu-ray up until Season 2 begins. Maybe we'll make suckling pig and roasted raven to go along with it :lol:
  • Options
    I want to have a game of thrones food party!
    I just got no one else that would be up for it.

http://www.innatthecrossroads.com/

i think the inn at the cross roads blog has been metnioned before but if not it is very cool. They have all the food in the books with recipes for them (okay most of them), a cookbook coming out, and i think they have charactor themed meals as well. So if you want Game of thrones food you can get the recipe from them
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:

i think the inn at the cross roads blog has been metnioned before but if not it is very cool. They have all the food in the books with recipes for them (okay most of them), a cookbook coming out, and i think they have charactor themed meals as well. So if you want Game of thrones food you can get the recipe from them

Whoa, that's amazing!!! Thanks for the link! :D
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    intodeep wrote:

Thats funny, I just got somthing similar in my amazon recomendations emails

http://www.amazon.com/Feast-Ice-Fire-Official-Companion/dp/0345534492/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1333040369&sr=8-16
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    youngster wrote:

Yep, like intodeep said you should be able to catch the last one on HBO before Sunday night. If not, you can catch it on HBO Go. Are you planning on reading the books at some point?

My sister and I are having a Game of Thrones day on Sunday...recapping old episodes and watching the features on the blu-ray up until Season 2 begins. Maybe we'll make suckling pig and roasted raven to go along with it :lol:

Yep. Scrolled through and found episode #10. It is scheduled to record to my dvr either tonight or tomorrow. I am interested in reading the books but don't have the $$ nor the room to keep them. Probably just got to the library and check them out one by one.

I found the last episode on On demand but it's not in HD. Sorry, but this show was made to be seen in HD.

• Options
    youngster wrote:
    Yep. Scrolled through and found episode #10. It is scheduled to record to my dvr either tonight or tomorrow. I am interested in reading the books but don't have the $$ nor the room to keep them. Probably just got to the library and check them out one by one.

I found the last episode on On demand but it's not in HD. Sorry, but this show was made to be seen in HD.

If you're a member at Costco you can get books 1-4 (i.e. Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows) in a paperback box set for $18.99. I'm pretty sure that's less than the cost of 2 months of HBO ;)

Just an FYI.... That's where I picked up my copy.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    youngster wrote:

If you're a member at Costco you can get books 1-4 (i.e. Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, and A Feast for Crows) in a paperback box set for $18.99. I'm pretty sure that's less than the cost of 2 months of HBO ;)

Just an FYI.... That's where I picked up my copy.

I'm not a member at Costco but I am a member at BJ's and they usually have a decent selection of paperbacks. I will also check Amazon. If it is worth it I will buy them. Thanks.

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,082
    Review of Season 2 from Minneapolis paper the Star Tribune.

Opening line: "prepare for a blood bath." Haha...can't wait for Sunday!

http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 25615.html
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:

Whoa! Interested to see this Joffrey S&M scene...I don't seem to remember that. Guess this calls for a re-read! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,082
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    vant0037 wrote:

Whoa! Interested to see this Joffrey S&M scene...I don't seem to remember that. Guess this calls for a re-read! :mrgreen:

Me neither. Although it might be referring to that scene where he's beating up Sansa? Maybe HBO switched Sansa in for some prostitutes?

At this point, I am blurring what happens in what book...
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    I've never been more excited for Sunday night!!! :)
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,260
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    I've never been more excited for Sunday night!!! :)
    Meeeeeeee too! :D
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    HBO2 is having a Season 1 marathon RIGHT NOW! Starts at 10:30 All day yeah!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!