ACL ROLL CALL

Comments

• Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    hookem wrote:
    Just for fun ... the last time Pearl Jam played Austin:

Sept. 16, 1995. Southpark Meadows (RIP)

Main Set:
    Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (Tease), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (New, Tease), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    Encore:
    Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    Encore 2:
    Indifference

14 years later they finally return.

That was my first Pearl Jam show. I was pulled out of the pit twice. I remember it being hot as hell and having the security people spray us down with water hoses. Pitt was playing at Texas that Saturday afternoon. I left at halftime to make it down to the Meadows. First time I ever left a Longhorn game early.

Haha! I was front and center for that show from third to last Ramones song until the last PJ note. I think you kicked me twice in the head being pulled out of the pit!! haha! Man that was a hot day!!
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    PJTEXAS wrote:
    Hell yeah...my first PJ show was that South Park Meadows show...such a special moment for me...now there is a shopping strip of stores where that once great venue was. RIP South Park Meadows...now we have come full circle and I am returning to Austin for yet another PJ show...this is gonna be awesome!!

8-)8-)8-)

That place was the best... saw a bunch of shows The Horde tour with The Black Crowes, Def Leppard and others... I loved that place. I can't wait til SUNDAY!!!! What a great birthday Oct.2) gift for me.

Me either...can't focus at work. That is a great bday gift. Ugh, I want to leave for Austin now!!!
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    Hell yeah...my first PJ show was that South Park Meadows show...such a special moment for me...now there is a shopping strip of stores where that once great venue was.

Yeah, that pisses me off every time I drive by. I saw a lot of great shows and great bands at that venue.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    hope you're feeling better, Flagg!!

it looks like we're heading to Austin tomorrow instead of Friday! hell yes!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    It's All Happening! I can't wait. Going to the Dallas Stars vs Texas Stars preseason NHL game tonight at the new venue in Cedar Park. One day of work (from home) tomorrow and then the fun starts. I am going to head down to KLRU around 9am-ish on Friday to get simulcast tickets.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Hey y'all. Bring mosquito repellent. Since we've been having some rain (for the first time in 5 months) the skeeters are out big time. :?
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    Hey y'all. Bring mosquito repellent. Since we've been having some rain (for the first time in 5 months) the skeeters are out big time. :?

good point, weenie. i've been bitten like crazy here in WackyWaco.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    weenie wrote:

literally the exact moment i read that red mosquito came on the shuffle... :?
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    MEGATRON wrote:
    weenie wrote:

Well, ours are black and BIG, and HUNGRY!!! but your ipod is on the right wave length.....
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443
    OK, so here's my request. I'm an Austin native, but can't go to the show. However, I'd LOVE to get my hands on any Pearl Jam shirt that is specific to ACL, whether it's a sports shirt like they did on the last few dates or any official Pearl Jam shirt for the festival.

Would anyone be willing to pick one up for me?

I have the Target exclusive Backspacer shirt to trade, or from 2006, I have a San Diego or Philly II or LA I (Ames) poster to trade. Or I could just reimburse you for the shirt.

Anyone that helps me with this will be my new best buddy... haha

Thanks! PM me if you're willing to do this for me!
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    OK, so here's my request. I'm an Austin native, but can't go to the show. However, I'd LOVE to get my hands on any Pearl Jam shirt that is specific to ACL, whether it's a sports shirt like they did on the last few dates or any official Pearl Jam shirt for the festival.

I have the Target exclusive Backspacer shirt to trade, or from 2006, I have a San Diego or Philly II or LA I (Ames) poster to trade. Or I could just reimburse you for the shirt.

What size? I will try. Hoping this brings Karma to me that someone will do the same for me with an LA (Lakers, Dodgers) themed shirt.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    weenie wrote:
    MEGATRON wrote:
    weenie wrote:

Well, ours are black and BIG, and HUNGRY!!! but your ipod is on the right wave length.....
    My friend who lives in Austin sent a warning this AM. Wish I'd bought some handy mosquito repellent while I was shopping yesterday.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    What time is everyone going to find a place in front of the main stage on Sunday?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Ok...are you guys serious about the mosquito thing? :o

I live in the desert, so I don't have to deal with them...are they really that bad there? I need to bring repellent?
  • Options
    Dallas has had really nice weather the last few days so I hope Sunday isn't very hot and humid in Austin. Accuweather currently has a high of 87 and a low of 76 for Sunday with a chance of evening showers.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    iamrockmusiciamrockmusic Orlando, FL Posts: 443

What size? I will try. Hoping this brings Karma to me that someone will do the same for me with an LA (Lakers, Dodgers) themed shirt.

PM sent... but I'm an XXL
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Options
    Anyone know if they have/will be selling poster tubes for this tour? I thought I read somewhere that they were. Would rather not have to bring one and just buy one IF i get lucky and score one.
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:
    What time is everyone thinking about making their way to the main stage on Sunday?

bump!
  • Options

I live in the desert, so I don't have to deal with them...are they really that bad there? I need to bring repellent?
    I don't think we'd be getting a warning if they weren't. The park is right by the water.
    They have a general store at the fest which sells stuff like that usually, along with sunscreen, aspirin, bandaids, but you're going to be a lot better off if you bring your own stuff. Saves time and money.

My friend said to be prepared for mud too, after all the rain they've had. Believe it or not, that sounds better than all the dust they had last year. By Sunday everyone was buying dust masks at the general store. I am not making that up!
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245

I don't think we'd be getting a warning if they weren't. The park is right by the water.
    They have a general store at the fest which sells stuff like that usually, along with sunscreen, aspirin, bandaids, but you're going to be a lot better off if you bring your own stuff. Saves time and money.

My friend said to be prepared for mud too, after all the rain they've had. Believe it or not, that sounds better than all the dust they had last year. By Sunday everyone was buying dust masks at the general store. I am not making that up!

Supposedly new grass has been planted and off limits to visitors to make sure that it has grown in and taken hold before Friday. This should cure the past issues with the dust. We will see.
  • Options

that dust was crazy!!! it was like a sci-fi movie with everyone walking around with masks on.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pft...the dust I am used to. :lol:
  • Options
    ive never ever had trouble with mosquitos at acl. but this year might be different. all the rain we've had in the last week...

better to be safe than sorry.

p.s. i have dust masks in my backpack! yeah, the grass is green. but it will be dead as a doornail by sunday night.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571

While Austin has seen quite a bit of rain the past two weeks, I am not too concerned about the mud. The Parks dept is currently pumping excess water out of Zilker. The forecast has a chance for rain each day, so unless it pours one afternoon or night (knock on wood), I think it will be fine.

And yes, I will take mud over the dust any day!
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    I've created a thread of suggestions for people who may be going to ACL for the first time if anyone would like to check it out:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113166

For anyone who's been before, I'd really appreciate it if you'd add your suggestions based on your experience, if I've left anything out or if I'm completely off base. I was sort of hoping to keep PJ stuff in this thread maybe and the new thread just for general ACL stuff. ACL will be going on for 3 days before PJ plays.

But I'm not real nitpicky about things like mixing threads, etc., just wanted to offer a few tips for anyone who's never been. I happen to love going to ACL and just wanted to share my enthusiasm. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    K.LOK.LO Posts: 163
    Sooo close! Sorry if I get to excited, I was too broke for the last tour so this is my first time seeing PJ.
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    Weather channel has highs of 81, 81, and 77 Fri-Sun. 30% chance of t-storms Sat, 40% Sunday. That is going to be awesome. Maybe I can finally bust out my PJ poncho.

As for the skeeter repellent, look for some that's not in a metallic aerosol. According to the ACL site, they are a no-no.

One more day at work then off the Kyle, then the fun begins Friday. Tomorrow is going to be a blur at work.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    2323 Posts: 5
    Anybody heading from san antonio to austin on saturday morning? me and my wife need a ride, one way, and would help out with some gas money! :)
    tnx
  • Options
    Off! makes towelettes. easier to carry around.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Off! makes towelettes. easier to carry around.
    Good idea. Just don't mix them up with the ones for cleaning your hands. :shock: :lol: