Options

ACL ROLL CALL

Comments

• Options
    Eh...I can hold my own through Clutch. I don't mind the moshing. I just get really claustrophobic and have to get out every now and then. If it is really bad...I need to be front and way to the left or right so I feel like I have an escape route. :lol:

I seriously wish they had drugs to fix me.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    I might be late with this comment, but did everyone see that there will be an Ames booth? It's listed on the vendors page of the ACL site. Bring that plastic.......!! :D

Oh NICE! I did NOT see that...nice catch weenie! :)

And they have a post office right near those vendors, so you can ship your posters home instead of carrying them around all day.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    yield2me wrote:
    Does anyone want to try to make an entire 10c area for the show? It would be nice to maybe meet up with each other and then enjoy the show. I am with 8 other people who TOTALLY don't get "it" and I will need support.
    :lol:

yes, the 10c area will be the front row because once gates open that morning, I'm not moving :)
    I don't know if I can sit in the 10c area. When the band comes on I may not remember all the lyrics to sing along. :roll: :P :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    weenie wrote:
    I might be late with this comment, but did everyone see that there will be an Ames booth? It's listed on the vendors page of the ACL site. Bring that plastic.......!! :D

:o thanks for the heads-up!!! that is awesome!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    anyone know a good tattoo artist in austin?
  • Options
    Will be there for all 3 days, cannot wait!!
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    mfc2006 wrote:
    weenie wrote:

:o thanks for the heads-up!!! that is awesome!!!

I did see that and totally forgot. Thanks for posting!
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    DeckDeck Posts: 76
    I won't be heading over to the stage until after Clutch plays. I'm sorry, but I just can't subject myself to that when so many other good bands are playing. Save room for me 10C!

Anyone going to see the Felice Brothers at Emo's?
    11/22/93 Little Rock
    07/02/98 St. Louis
    10/12/00 Kansas City
    06/20/09 Memphis (EV)
  • Options
    Deck wrote:
    I won't be heading over to the stage until after Clutch plays. I'm sorry, but I just can't subject myself to that when so many other good bands are playing. Save room for me 10C!

Come with me. I'm going to shove my way up to the front at 7:58. :D
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Deck wrote:

Come with me. I'm going to shove my way up to the front at 7:58. :D

hilarious
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    fsu2626 wrote:
    Chinny wrote:
    Is anyone going to see Them Crooked Vultures Thursday Night at Stubb's??
    Heck Yeah! Thats exactly where we are headed when we get in.

Schweeeeet! us too! Maybe we could ask Josh Homme if he knows any PJ :D
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

can't wait for ACL
    Chinny wrote:
    Is anyone going to see Them Crooked Vultures Thursday Night at Stubb's??
    yes

can't wait for that too 8-)
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    ACL is going to be sick! Look forward to meeting some fellow jammers there
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    I'm not coming in until Fri and I'm so bummed I'm going to miss Them Crooked Vultures :(
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:
    I'm not coming in until Fri and I'm so bummed I'm going to miss Them Crooked Vultures :(
    i am making a special trip for the stubbs show. dallas to austin and back. the only ACL date i am attending is sunday Sunday SUNDAY
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    yield2me wrote:

Same here....I sure am ready for some great music no doubt....
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Five more days.

And I am stuck in Georgia for work and I think I caught the flu because I am sick as a fucking dog right now. Fuck me. This better go away soon. I am flying back to Dallas in two days and then driving to Austin.

I just drank a bunch of Nyquil and I am going to bed.

F me. **cough**
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Flagg wrote:
    Five more days.

And I am stuck in Georgia for work and I think I caught the flu because I am sick as a fucking dog right now. Fuck me. This better go away soon. I am flying back to Dallas in two days and then driving to Austin.

F me. **cough**

Hope you feel better! BTW, nice avatar...have you been in "Jerry's Palace" yet?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    yes, the 10c area will be the front row because once gates open that morning, I'm not moving :)

I'm planning on the same thing. We can all watch out for each other's stuff for bathroom trips etc.

I hope people don't decide to mosh once PJ starts playing. Because I'm female, guys always knock me down and stuff - mainly because they're drunk and don't what they're doing. not fun.

cool, I'm sure those of us that are planning on camping out all day will be good friends by the end! lol Also, I doubt that PJ will have much moshing going on but I'd be concerned about that happening during the Clutch show that we will unfortunately have to sit through :(

I can't afford to follow the tour like the good old days (especially given the cost of tickets now), so this time I'll be riding the rail from the minute the gates open. See you guys there! If past experience has taught me anything, it's that the kindness of total strangers is crucial to your survival when you're up front all day. Karma's in overdrive when it comes to days like that.
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    DS114969 wrote:
    Flagg wrote:
    Five more days.

F me. **cough**

Hope you feel better! BTW, nice avatar...have you been in "Jerry's Palace" yet?

Thanks. No better today. Dammit.

No, I haven't been in it yet, but I've been to a few Ranger games and so drove up to it. Incredible. I'd like to take a tour of it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    there's a free ACL app on itunes now. its pretty cool. has all the acts and stage schedules and what not.
  • Options
    Flagg wrote:
    Five more days.

F me. **cough**

If you give the rest of us swine flu, I'm going to be so fucking pissed.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Firecloud wrote:
    weenie wrote:

I'm planning on the same thing. We can all watch out for each other's stuff for bathroom trips etc.

I hope people don't decide to mosh once PJ starts playing. Because I'm female, guys always knock me down and stuff - mainly because they're drunk and don't what they're doing. not fun.

cool, I'm sure those of us that are planning on camping out all day will be good friends by the end! lol Also, I doubt that PJ will have much moshing going on but I'd be concerned about that happening during the Clutch show that we will unfortunately have to sit through :(

I can't afford to follow the tour like the good old days (especially given the cost of tickets now), so this time I'll be riding the rail from the minute the gates open. See you guys there! If past experience has taught me anything, it's that the kindness of total strangers is crucial to your survival when you're up front all day. Karma's in overdrive when it comes to days like that.

Same here. I haven't been able to travel at all this year. And as to the kindness of strangers, that's oh so true.....along with the ability to lock arms and buddy-up when everyone else is pushing to get in your spot at the rail. :)

As far as getting there early goes, I'm running into problems with the opening time for parking, shuttles etc. Nothing opens until 10 (that I've seen) which means I can't be at the gate when it opens. And, I can't afford to cab it. I need to do some scouting around down there for weekend early-bird parking.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    And by the way, Flagg....drink TONS of WATER. Feel better soon! :D
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    PJTEXASPJTEXAS Texas Posts: 222
    You know I'll be there!!!!
    "Love ain't love until you give it up." - Amongst The Waves
  • Options
    Just for fun ... the last time Pearl Jam played Austin:

Sept. 16, 1995. Southpark Meadows (RIP)

Main Set:
    Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (Tease), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (New, Tease), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    Encore:
    Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    Encore 2:
    Indifference

Tremor Christ would be my dream come true, Ive been waiting to see that song live since 2000, if I had to pick the one song I want on Sunday it would be Tremor Christ!

6 days!! I can't wait :D

I was at the last Austin show and I remember it being VERY HOT!!! Yet the Ramones tore through their set like it was 70 degrees. AWESOME show!!!!
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    Hell yeah...my first PJ show was that South Park Meadows show...such a special moment for me...now there is a shopping strip of stores where that once great venue was. RIP South Park Meadows...now we have come full circle and I am returning to Austin for yet another PJ show...this is gonna be awesome!!

8-)8-)8-)
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    Hell yeah...my first PJ show was that South Park Meadows show...such a special moment for me...now there is a shopping strip of stores where that once great venue was. RIP South Park Meadows...now we have come full circle and I am returning to Austin for yet another PJ show...this is gonna be awesome!!

8-)8-)8-)

That place was the best... saw a bunch of shows The Horde tour with The Black Crowes, Def Leppard and others... I loved that place. I can't wait til SUNDAY!!!! What a great birthday Oct.2) gift for me.
  • Options
    GET WELL SOON FLAGG!!!

I am so torn...I am gonna try and get upfront early with you guys. I will be there with my husband, 21 yr old son, my sister and husband and her 18 and 21 year old. None of them are crazy about PJ as I am and will no way do the all day thing at the stage...except maybe my kid, as he is too cool. :D

I'll just have to play it by ear to see if I can ditch them. :twisted:

I haven't seen my sister for 2 years, though...

I might have to just hang back with them. :cry: It has been 3 years and 3 months since my last PJ show and damn it, I want to be in front with those that get it.

If, I can't...

I'll just have to go mad crazy in San Diego when I am w/o family and just with my best girlfriend.