Comments

• Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Toadies :mrgreen:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    Firecloud wrote:
    I'm headed out for Antiquiet and CraveOnline, but I'm curious to know what other bands you guys plan on seeing. Besides the obvious headliners and PJ family, of course. In addition to Pearl Jam we'll be hitting up Ben Harper, Them Crooked Vultures, The Decemberists, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, !!!, and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Who are you excited to see?

For me, besides what you mentioned: Blitzen Trapper, Phoenix, Toadies, Dead Weather, Grizzly Bear are my main ones
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,661
    Firecloud wrote:
    I'm headed out for Antiquiet and CraveOnline, but I'm curious to know what other bands you guys plan on seeing. Besides the obvious headliners and PJ family, of course. In addition to Pearl Jam we'll be hitting up Ben Harper, Them Crooked Vultures, The Decemberists, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, !!!, and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Off the top of the head....

Avett Brothers
    Deer Tick
    Alberta Cross
    Felice Brothers
    Bon Iver

Side note....rumors are that Levon Helm will not be singing due to health issues
  • Options
    Just for fun ... the last time Pearl Jam played Austin:

Sept. 16, 1995. Southpark Meadows (RIP)

Main Set:
    Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (Tease), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (New, Tease), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    Encore:
    Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    Encore 2:
    Indifference

Tremor Christ would be my dream come true, Ive been waiting to see that song live since 2000, if I had to pick the one song I want on Sunday it would be Tremor Christ!

6 days!! I can't wait :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    I was on the fence about whether or not to stand in line for simulcast tickets for the ACL taping. I've fallen off the fence on the side of Yes I am going to try to get tickets.

Driving to work today was weird for me - thinking that Pearl Jam would be flying back into Austin later THIS week and performing twice in my home town. One of those times on the campus of the University of Texas!! (Hook'em) Its just strange to think they'll be HERE and I won't have to fly THERE. Anyway, so I am super excited and this work week is going to be shitty.

I'll probably be heading down to campus sometime Friday morning around 9am to wait in line. Imagine I will see some of yall there!
  • Options
    hookem wrote:
    I was on the fence about whether or not to stand in line for simulcast tickets for the ACL taping. I've fallen off the fence on the side of Yes I am going to try to get tickets.

just strange to think they'll be HERE and I won't have to fly THERE!

You totally made the right choice man!! it's always pretty great knowing they're gonna be in your own area...makes it that much more special (and it's great to save on the travel expenses!)
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    Firecloud wrote:

trail of the dead!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Is anyone going to see Them Crooked Vultures Thursday Night at Stubb's??
  • Options
    I'm sure I've asked this question on this thread before, but I'm not going to scour 27 pages for the answer.

ACL veterans: How long does the headliner usually play? I know they are scheduled from 8-10. Do they often go over, like maybe to 10:15 or 10:30? Is there a curfew? If so, what time?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    I'm sure I've asked this question on this thread before, but I'm not going to scour 27 pages for the answer.

ACL veterans: How long does the headliner usually play? I know they are scheduled from 8-10. Do they often go over, like maybe to 10:15 or 10:30? Is there a curfew? If so, what time?

There is a curfew for outside music in Austin. Headliners in my experience never exceed the 10:00 end time, but here's hoping I am wrong!
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    The Foo Fighters played well past 10 pm last year.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Chinny wrote:

No but I'm going to the ACL taping they are doing Wed. night! :mrgreen:
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009

• Options
    Cob wrote:

Really? Somebody I asked this question to in real life said FF didn't even play two hours last year. I wasn't there, so I've got no idea.

I would assume there is an 11 o'clock curfew, which would leave for a little leeway to go over 10, but it's just a guess.
  • Options
    I shouldn't say, "well past 10 pm" but I seem to remember them playing past 10, when the Rolling Stones played at the same park in 2006 the show was over at past 10:30, and you can usually play till 11pm, so I'm hoping that PJ plays a little over the 10 pm time.
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009

• Options
    Cob wrote:
    I shouldn't say, "well past 10 pm" but I seem to remember them playing past 10, when the Rolling Stones played at the same park in 2006 the show was over at past 10:30, and you can usually play till 11pm, so I'm hoping that PJ plays a little over the 10 pm time.

I've decided I'll be slightly disappointed if it ends promptly at 10.
    If it ends at 10:15, I'll be satisified.
    If it ends at 10:30, I'll be overjoyed.
  • Options
    Does anyone want to try to make an entire 10c area for the show? It would be nice to maybe meet up with each other and then enjoy the show. I am with 8 other people who TOTALLY don't get "it" and I will need support.
    :lol:
  • Options
    Does anyone want to try to make an entire 10c area for the show? It would be nice to maybe meet up with each other and then enjoy the show. I am with 8 other people who TOTALLY don't get "it" and I will need support.

yes, the 10c area will be the front row because once gates open that morning, I'm not moving :)
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:

yes, the 10c area will be the front row because once gates open that morning, I'm not moving :)

I just might have to ditch the other people I am going with and do the same.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Cob wrote:
    Yeah the Foos played over 2 hours. I can remember Dave joking about playing longer than they were supposed to and saying something about how we might as well stay and listen, we'd just be stuck in traffic if we left.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    The Dead Weather
    Them Crooked Vultures
    KOL
    Trail of Dead
    Toadies
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Chinny wrote:
    :D
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Chinny wrote:

Oh yaaa! Love Stubbs...great way to kick it all off!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Cob wrote:

Really? Somebody I asked this question to in real life said FF didn't even play two hours last year. I wasn't there, so I've got no idea.

I would assume there is an 11 o'clock curfew, which would leave for a little leeway to go over 10, but it's just a guess.

I heard the same thing. I guess it depends on who you ask and who had a watch on..... ;)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:

I'm planning on the same thing. We can all watch out for each other's stuff for bathroom trips etc.

I hope people don't decide to mosh once PJ starts playing. Because I'm female, guys always knock me down and stuff - mainly because they're drunk and don't what they're doing. not fun
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 348
    Chinny wrote:
    Heck Yeah! Thats exactly where we are headed when we get in.
  • Options
    weenie wrote:
    yield2me wrote:

I'm planning on the same thing. We can all watch out for each other's stuff for bathroom trips etc.

I hope people don't decide to mosh once PJ starts playing. Because I'm female, guys always knock me down and stuff - mainly because they're drunk and don't what they're doing. not fun

cool, I'm sure those of us that are planning on camping out all day will be good friends by the end! lol Also, I doubt that PJ will have much moshing going on but I'd be concerned about that happening during the Clutch show that we will unfortunately have to sit through :(
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    yield2me wrote:

I just might have to ditch the other people I am going with and do the same.

Same here.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    fsu2626 wrote:
    Chinny wrote:
    Heck Yeah! Thats exactly where we are headed when we get in.

we're going to try...we should know tomorrow whether we can leave Thursday afternoon b/c of my wifes job.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    yes, the 10c area will be the front row because once gates open that morning, I'm not moving :)[/quote]

I hope people don't decide to mosh once PJ starts playing. Because I'm female, guys always knock me down and stuff - mainly because they're drunk and don't what they're doing. not fun[/quote]

cool, I'm sure those of us that are planning on camping out all day will be good friends by the end! lol Also, I doubt that PJ will have much moshing going on but I'd be concerned about that happening during the Clutch show that we will unfortunately have to sit through :([/quote]

Oh crap, didn't think about that one. :o :?
    I hate it when the guys start up - I always seem to be in the middle of it.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    I might be late with this comment, but did everyone see that there will be an Ames booth? It's listed on the vendors page of the ACL site. Bring that plastic.......!! :D
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau