Options

ACL ROLL CALL

Comments

• Options
    That said, I'm guessing I'd only be missing the Low Anthem on Friday when getting the tickets, and maybe Devotchka and a bit of Levon Helm on Saturday night? The auditorium isn't exactly close to the park, so I'm guessing we'd have to cab it.

Hmm. I'm going to see what my buddy wants to do, and go from there.

Are you guys getting any impression that there is any possibility one could get shut out of the simulcast if you were lucky enough to get tickets on Friday? It says they are giving away over 400 tickets, but I think the Hogg Auditorium holds 1200 or so. It doesn't sound like they're space available tickets. Arrrrgh. I guess I just want to make sure the tickets are a sure thing if I trek over to KLRU to get them.

And damn. The generosity and civic-mindedness of this band continues to amaze and humble me; I shall stop my ticket whining. Per the comments on the ACL blog:

The [ACL taping] passes that would normally have gone to the public or the fan club are going to members of the Wounded Warriors at the band’s request. Here’s a link to their site: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    The [ACL taping] passes that would normally have gone to the public or the fan club are going to members of the Wounded Warriors at the band’s request. Here’s a link to their site: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

that is awesome.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    noon on Friday, October 2, at KLRU-TV

oh... that is next friday. not tomorrow. i really need a coffee.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    is it too early to start looking at the weather forecast? cause the last 3 days have absolutely sucked. 60's and wet.
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    I'll take 60s (I am a Yankee, after all :mrgreen: ) but I could do without the rain!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    So awesome of them to do that.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    is it too early to start looking at the weather forecast? cause the last 3 days have absolutely sucked. 60's and wet.

just looked at the forecast---looks like highs in the mid 80's & lows in the mid 60's. that sounds fine to me!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    God I hope the weather is decent. It was great last year!

Good luck to all those that are going to try and get in the simulcast. I think I am sticking with the festival, so there's at least one person out of your way
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    Just so y'all know, KLRU is providing FREE BEER for the simulcast party!!

That said, I am still on the fence. Two things are making me want to go.. 1) Remote chance there are no shows and I get into the taping 2) The only people at this simulcast are likely to hard core 10Clubbers. I have never met any of y'all from Austin so It'd be nice to hang out with some like minded people from my hometown.
  • Options
    Hey Hookem ...

Point 1 and 2 are exactly why I'm going! The free beer is an added bonus ... =)
    hookem wrote:
    Just so y'all know, KLRU is providing FREE BEER for the simulcast party!!

That said, I am still on the fence. Two things are making me want to go.. 1) Remote chance there are no shows and I get into the taping 2) The only people at this simulcast are likely to hard core 10Clubbers. I have never met any of y'all from Austin so It'd be nice to hang out with some like minded people from my hometown.
  • Options
    yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    ok guys, I see that No Way was played after people had campaigned for it on the forums here so that leads me to believe that the band is perhaps paying attention to requests on these forums. We should campaign for a song to be played at ACL for us. Any thoughts? I'd personally love to hear Footsteps, WMA, Black, Red, Yellow or Brain of J
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:
    ok guys, I see that No Way was played after people had campaigned for it on the forums here so that leads me to believe that the band is perhaps paying attention to requests on these forums. We should campaign for a song to be played at ACL for us. Any thoughts? I'd personally love to hear Footsteps, WMA, Black, Red, Yellow or Brain of J

I am hoping for one or more of these: smile, red mosquito, no way, lat exit, release, satan's bed, or all those yesterdays.

Part of me wonder if we'll here bushleaguer, but I am thinking we are through that phase
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    yield2me wrote:

I am hoping for one or more of these: smile, red mosquito, no way, last exit, release, satan's bed, or all those yesterdays.

Part of me wonders if we'll hear bushleaguer, but I am thinking we are through that phase
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    Red Mosquito is something I want to hear again. It's been a long time. I hope No Way stays on the setlist for a little while longer.
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    I'm hoping for some of the new stuff. I am loving the musical genius of this new CD..... :D
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    mine is still a work in progress.

but, how about some schedules? what do your friday, saturday, and sunday look like?
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    Hope you all enjoy the show! I went to Outside Lands in SF and they owned it. There is nothing like your favorite band taking the stage and wowing the unwashed! People were amazed that they could put on such an incredible orgnanic show like that. No frills...just crazy human energy.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    6 days folks!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I have been packed for weeks!!!!!! :mrgreen: :ugeek:
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    work sucks. so close
  • Options
    MEGATRON wrote:
    work sucks. so close

yeah I know...it's hard to focus when Pearl Jam is just around the bend :D
  • Options
    I am in Georgia this week for work. Fly back to Dallas Thursday night, drive to Austin Friday morning.

Whoo!!
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    mine is still a work in progress.

but, how about some schedules? what do your friday, saturday, and sunday look like?

Friday, arrive in Austin around noon hopefully and meet up with some friends.

Saturday, I am not going to the show so just hang around Austin. Hopefully get into the simulcast.

Sunday, show up at Zilker Park when the gates open.
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Just for fun ... the last time Pearl Jam played Austin:

Sept. 16, 1995. Southpark Meadows (RIP)

Main Set:
    Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (Tease), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (New, Tease), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    Encore:
    Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    Encore 2:
    Indifference
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    I flew out to see the Seattle shows and the Backspacer stuff does sound great live. Especially Unthought Known. I am also torn on the taping simulcast. My friend is flying in and I think he will want to see DMB. The free beer does up the ante though.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,404
    6 DAYS!!!! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

Main Set:
    Act of Love, Go, Last Exit, Long Road (Tease), Animal, Tremor Christ, Corduroy, Jeremy (New, Tease), Lukin, Not for You, Elderly Woman, Why Go, Even Flow, Dissident, Daughter/(Improv)/(W.M.A), State of Love and Trust, Rearviewmirror, I Got Shit, Immortality, Black, Spin the Black Circle, Alive
    Encore:
    Once, Sonic Reducer, Leaving Here, Better Man, Talk About the Passion, Whipping, Porch
    Encore 2:
    Indifference

14 years later they finally return.

That was my first Pearl Jam show. I was pulled out of the pit twice. I remember it being hot as hell and having the security people spray us down with water hoses. Pitt was playing at Texas that Saturday afternoon. I left at halftime to make it down to the Meadows. First time I ever left a Longhorn game early.
  • Options
    hookem wrote:

Main Set:
    Encore:
    Encore 2:
    Indifference

14 years later they finally return.

That was my first Pearl Jam show. I was pulled out of the pit twice. I remember it being hot as hell and having the security people spray us down with water hoses. Pitt was playing at Texas that Saturday afternoon. I left at halftime to make it down to the Meadows. First time I ever left a Longhorn game early.

I had a strikingly similar experience. It was my first PJ show, too ... a couple weeks into my freshman year of college. That Pitt game was supposed to be my first game to attend as a student. I skipped it, for obvious reasons.

It was, indeed, hotter than balls. They moved the start time up to like 4 in the afternoon or something, because REM was playing the next day and the venue requested extra time to cleanup. I remember the sun going down behind the stage as they were playing Indifference.

I rememeber, as soon as the first chords of Act of Love hit, being immediately spun to where I was facing the back of the venue, and being just pinned there for several seconds. I decided this was going to suck being down front, so I started to pick my way out ... then, the first chords of Go hit, and I said, "Screw it, I'm staying here!"

Eventually gave up during Evenflow, went over the wall, and watched the rest of the show from the hill. All in all, a religious experience. I remember going back the next night for REM (with Radiohead opening), and thinking it kind of sucked. All I could think of was "Twenty four hours ago I was watching Pearl Jam on this stage."
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Hey there jammers. I'm drivin to ACL from Houston on Sunday....don't have an exact set time yet cause I'm goin alone so far. Just wanted to know if anyone else is going from here or needs a ride. I need at least one passenger to come with since I wanna drive back to Houston after the show (i got that whole job thing Monday morning and i'm not down for passin out on the way home). Let me know here or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:darius359@gmail.com">darius359@gmail.com</a><!-- e --> if you've got a small crowd or goin solo. A kick ass time will be had by all!
    After several hundred concerts spanning nearly twenty years of my life, I've finally been to the best shows of my life. PJ at the Garden 6/24-25/08
  • Options
    I'm headed out for Antiquiet and CraveOnline, but I'm curious to know what other bands you guys plan on seeing. Besides the obvious headliners and PJ family, of course. In addition to Pearl Jam we'll be hitting up Ben Harper, Them Crooked Vultures, The Decemberists, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, !!!, and a bunch of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Who are you excited to see?