Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    imalive wrote:
    Brooklyn+BCS+1.jpg

god bless america

first, pumpkin beer and now, this :nono:

try an IPA, juggler.

:? you don't like stouts either? i think you're in the wrong thread dude.

by the way, i had 5 of these today

1481.jpg

but there's more than just ipa's to drink, my friend.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Brooklyn+BCS+1.jpg

god bless america

Ha well not the most american beer ever but good stuff
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    imalive wrote:

first, pumpkin beer and now, this :nono:

try an IPA, juggler.

:? you don't like stouts either? i think you're in the wrong thread dude.

by the way, i had 5 of these today

1481.jpg

but there's more than just ipa's to drink, my friend.

I think I just like giving you crap :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,555
    If any of you craft beer lovers live in or are visiting the great beer state of Colorado feel free to come visit a fellow 10Club member at his place of employment....

http://www.crystalspringsbrewing.com
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I obtained a bottle of Brooklyn's Black Ops today......... :D:D:D:D:D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Grabbed 3 bottles of Terrapins White Chocolate Moo-Hoo today. It's good, but a bit thin. It opens up a lot more though after the first pour. It will be nice to try this one in a year I'm guessing. I hope I can get my hands on the Cinnamon Roll Wake n Bake later this month/January.

8e86de54-679b-4f80-b2bf-c3d3b3ae46e8_zps3a399558.jpg?t=1387065104
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    My daughter managed to pick me up a few bottles of Beautification from Russian River yesterday. Can't wait for the package to arrive.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    Horos wrote:
    My daughter managed to pick me up a few bottles of Beautification from Russian River yesterday. Can't wait for the package to arrive.

Must be a new one ;)

Check out the'merch' line for Beatification. Reminds me of a few lines the last month or so.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20 ... /131219742
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    Horos wrote:

Must be a new one ;)

Check out the'merch' line for Beatification. Reminds me of a few lines the last month or so.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20 ... /131219742
    She actually waited in line 3 hours and then decided to leave for lunch. :fp:

Her fiance went back later and was able to acquire some. I should have told her to start a 'line and list'.
    #FHP
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    shep wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    The other night I had an aged DFH beer night with a few friends. On the menu:

- 2009 Fort
    - 2010 Old School
    - 2010 Immort
    - 2011 Burton Baton
    - 2011 Fort

What did you think of the aged Burton Baton?

I love the beer fresh, however I attempted aging it a little while ago... I have a bottle at ~1 year, and I have to say that I really didn't enjoy it as much as the fresh beer... I still have 2 more bottles aging, but I don't think i'll be putting anymore in the cellar....

have had a lot of other great beer lately... spent almost 3 weeks in California for work and pretty much went buck wild trying everything I could get my hands on.. drank a lot of beers from The Bruery... I actually managed to come back to Texas with 2 bottles of Black Tuesday... can't wait to try that whale...

I loved it. Are you sure you have your bottles in the proper light and temperature?

I think aging beer is well worth it as long as the beer is not hoppy- I want those as fresh as possible.

Yes, I am sure that it is aging properly. At home I have a wine fridge where I've converted the bottom 2 rows for beer storage. I also have a wine storage locker I use to age stuff longer term (the fiance vetoed me from getting another fridge).

All beer is stored upright, and both my wine fridge and the wine storage are 55F with zero chance of sunlight seeping in....

A couple of recent bottles I've enjoyed (if anyone is interested):

512 - Five (imperial stout)
    BCBS
    Jester King - Oi Oi (sour english mild)
    Crooked Stave - Fall wit beer
    Founders Breakfast Stout (only made it to texas this year)
    Saint Arnold BB5
    Saint Arnold 2012 Pumpkinator (aged ~1 year)
    Saint Arnold Red Icon - Bohemian Pils
    Karbach - FUN 007 - BBA hellfighter
    The Bruery - Tart of Darkness (amazing)
    The Bruery - Oude Tart with cherries (also amazing)

I'm sure there's a million more...
    Horos wrote:

Lucky bastard... I've been to california 3 times since the middle of october, scoured every bottle shop in the anahiem area I could find and the only RR I came across was damnation.... very disappointed... however, multiple trips to The Bruery turned out fabulous! :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,492
    pumpkin, cinnamon, cherries and/or chocolate do not belong in beer 8-)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    pumpkin, cinnamon, cherries and/or chocolate do not belong in beer 8-)
    I used to be of the same mindset, but there are a lot of GREAT beers out there that utilize these ingredients. If you run into any of the Lips of Faith series from New Belgian Brewery, give one a shot. I really like the Cascara Quad and the Pluot.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    I took a long weekend trip to LA for the PJ shows and got to try some tasty beers. My buddy picked me up from LAX and we went to LA Live and hit the Yard House. I got a pint of New Belguims Fresh Hop IPA, not a huge IPA fan, but this one was nicely balanced. Ended up getting a 2nd one after I didn't see anything else that was a must have. I started talking to my buddy about wanting to try Pliney the Elder, he called a bottle shop near him and all they had was Damnation, but still a lot cheaper than the bar in my hometown. I bought a bottle but never got to try it, hoping my buddy cracked it open and drank it after I left. :fp:

The next day we had a free day before the LA1 show. We ended up in Long Beach to meet some of my buddy's friends. The night before I picked up a copy of the Beer Paper LA and saw that Beachwood BBQ & Brewing won best mid-size brewpub, so we figured that was a great place to start as any. The food was good and the beer was even better! I had their X-Factor #1 American IPA, very good beer for a dreary overcast day. Can't remember what I had next, it was good, but I can't find it among their listings and I didn't enter it in my untapped app (the whole reason I have it!). My buddy had the Rubicon and the Fresh Top, both were tasty, I would have gotten them if we had stayed longer. They had the garage doors open where we were sitting so we decided to go next door to the Congregation Ale House. They had maybe 20 beers on tap, but their 20 beers were phenomenal! I started reading the boards to see what they had, when all of sudden I see Russian River, expecting Damnation, but to my surprise it was Pliney the Elder, and it was happy hour! I got a draft for $5!! I have to agree with the hype on this one. They are not out to kill you with hops, but it is one of the most balanced Double IPAs I have ever had. I was gonna do a 2nd round but we had a long night ahead of us and it was only 5 o'clock at this point and I knew the slippery slope was ahead if I had another one of those beauties! Even my buddy's friends were shocked to see it there, they said they have a hard time finding Pliney the Elder, not sure how hard they try though... Back here in PA you have to get lucky at Monk's Cafe in Philly or do the charity fund raiser and buy a ticket. So glad we decided on Long Beach rather than hitting the mountains!

After that it went downhill as we met up with another friend of mine that only drinks majors and insists on pitchers. :fp: I can't complain too much though because the company more than made up for the beers we drank. It was a marathon from there on out and we did our fair share of bar hopping in Redondo Beach.

So it ended up being a nice beer-cation to start and then ended with two PJ shows... Who could ask for more??
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    afroannnie wrote:
    has anyone tried this one yet?

1_133279750_3.jpg

Also looking forward to having some Shipyard Pumpkin Ale this weekend....I'm even going to be "fancy" and drink it from a cinnamon rimmed glass...

I have a bottle in my fridge, have yet to try it yet. Might hold this one for Christmas Day with the family for something different.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    I treated myself to a bunch of new beer this weekend :)

Six Point Global Warming
    Hardywood Hoplar IPA
    a couple of DFH bottles
    Brooklyn 25th Anniversary
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    They arrived. Question, they are a barrel aged sour, what can I expect if I age one?
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg
    #FHP
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Had this double oatmeal IPA tonight at this local brewery. Damn fine. Normally you associate oatmeal with stouts, but it added killer flavor to this light, yet high ABV IPA. Delicious!
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    They arrived. Question, they are a barrel aged sour, what can I expect if I age one?
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg
    Sour's are a toss up for me. Some I love some I cringe at. Generally I only drink one. Not usually something I drink a lot of at a time.

enjoy the journey and let us know how they are I've never tried the one you have
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Had this double oatmeal IPA tonight at this local brewery. Damn fine. Normally you associate oatmeal with stouts, but it added killer flavor to this light, yet high ABV IPA. Delicious!
    I had one that must have been similar from a brewery in Idaho. It was good too. Not something I expected to associate but I enjoyed it.

I wish I could remember the name of it but it was a couple years ago.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Pluff Mud Porter by Holy City has been floating my boat quite a bit lately.

yummy porter
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg

Mike you are one lucky bastard.

I've been drinking a lot of sours lately....

I've had some that age and there's literally been no change to them in a year + (most of those had a very low FG and low pH).

I've had others that completely change character over the course of a 6 months... some for the better, some for the worse.

I've been finding that a lot of the ones that are "blended" (i.e. more than one type of barrel used to age the beer and then the barrels mixed to taste during bottling) tend to be really good at that 6-8 month mark... enough time for the flavors to meld and balance out....

My advice would be to have one now... if you love it, drink the rest, if you don't think it's one of the best beers you've ever had, age the rest, and see how it goes...

Let us know what you think either way ;)...

Abyss just showed up in Texas this week... been on a mad tear trying to track down a couple of bottles out of the 50 cases that got sent to houston... not having any luck so far.... :cry:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg

I've had some that age and there's literally been no change to them in a year + (most of those had a very low FG and low pH).

I've had others that completely change character over the course of a 6 months... some for the better, some for the worse.

I've been finding that a lot of the ones that are "blended" (i.e. more than one type of barrel used to age the beer and then the barrels mixed to taste during bottling) tend to be really good at that 6-8 month mark... enough time for the flavors to meld and balance out....

My advice would be to have one now... if you love it, drink the rest, if you don't think it's one of the best beers you've ever had, age the rest, and see how it goes...

Abyss just showed up in Texas this week... been on a mad tear trying to track down a couple of bottles out of the 50 cases that got sent to houston... not having any luck so far.... :cry:
    Thanks.

One is promised to someone else. Going to crack 1 this Sunday and then decide. My daughter waited in line over 4 hours to get me these. I saw an Abyss 2013 today. I can pick you up one if they have any tomorrow. I had a 2012 in August and we were surprised how good it was after a year.
    #FHP
  • Options
    Horos wrote:
    shep wrote:
    Horos wrote:
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg

Thanks.

One is promised to someone else. Going to crack 1 this Sunday and then decide. My daughter waited in line over 4 hours to get me these. I saw an Abyss 2013 today. I can pick you up one if they have any tomorrow. I had a 2012 in August and we were surprised how good it was after a year.

I actually just got an email last night from a trading buddy telling me he scored a couple of bottles for me in New Mexico, so i'm covered! Thanks though.

The beer scene here in Houston has gotten atrocious for special releases lately.... no one sends us enough, and there's literally a line-up every other day at one of the big liquor stores for the limited quantity that makes it here... it sucks as I have a day job and the releases are almost always at 10 when the stores open... there's a huge thirst here for craft beer that's not getting satisfied, but it's getting better slowly...

I mean Deschutes sent 50 cases to Houston for over 7 million people... 50 cases! I know they don't make a lot of the stuff, but only allocating 50 cases here is absurd. That's not even 1 case for each major store account in the city....

Enjoy those Beatifications man...
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,504
    Horos wrote:
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg
    Beatification is freaking delicious. I'm pretty jealous right now.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Horos wrote:
    Bb0xU5uCUAATe1M.jpg

well, what's the report mike?

I had one of these bad boys last night....

beer_190446.jpg
    damn tasty. been drinking a lot of sours lately.... and Bruery products... looks like possibly another trip to Orange County right after christmas holidays here, so I'll get to stock up on some more!
  • Options
    I haven't tried too many sours but Beatification is certainly the best. I'll have to try some more but they really don't taste like beer too much.
    #FHP
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    Wow, way too much craft beer this holiday season!

I have a beer gut like never before :oops: :lol:
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    Wow, way too much craft beer this holiday season!

I have a beer gut like never before :oops: :lol:

I already have one...haha :P
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    Horos wrote:
    Thanks.

I had an '09 Abyss a year ago and it was perfect, better than other Abyss' that I hadn't aged as long. They're hard to let sit, so I usually get two at a time.