Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    81 wrote:
    you want a good porter....go get yourself some edmund fitzgerald from great lakes

you're welcome

We will see. ;)
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    you want a good porter....go get yourself some edmund fitzgerald from great lakes

you're welcome

We will see. ;)

do it...do it now.

don't wait till 5, don't pass go. crack it, pour it, drink it.

anybody that says it's not a excellent choice...will be nut kicked :P
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

you're welcome

We will see. ;)

do it...do it now.

don't wait till 5, don't pass go. crack it, pour it, drink it.

anybody that says it's not a excellent choice...will be nut kicked :P

:lol: I am fighting off last nights beers this morning so I may just have to wait a until tomorrow. :) Will definitely try it though.
  • Options
    Cracked open one of the Mission Russian Imperial Stouts last night. Damn that is a good stout. I suck at pointing out the notes and what not. All I know is it was really fucking good. The damn wife drank 2 :cry:
    I think I will line the rim of her glass with vinegar next time. ;)
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    Cracked open one of the Mission Russian Imperial Stouts last night. Damn that is a good stout. I suck at pointing out the notes and what not. All I know is it was really fucking good. The damn wife drank 2 :cry:

fortunately for me, if it's not light in color, the girlfriend won't drink them...

so I don't have to worry about her touching any of the barrel age stouts, porters, etc in my stash. :D
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

fortunately for me, if it's not light in color, the girlfriend won't drink them...

so I don't have to worry about her touching any of the barrel age stouts, porters, etc in my stash. :D

She does not like the bourbon stouts at least. So my KBS is safe in the fridge. :D
  • Options
    keelycankeelycan Via Chicago Posts: 409
    Anybody around here heading up to 3 floyds for darklord day this weekend? I'm going solo this year I'll have a PJ backback full of goodies while im in line. I have Group B tickets so I'm planning on getting there early and hopefully make it in the brewpub before my bottle allotment pickup. If anybody wants to hang out and share some brews let me know.
    Soldier Field 1995~Alpine Valley June I,II 1998~ United Center 2003~Alpine Valley 2003~Madison Square Garden I,II 2003~Toledo VFC 2004~Montreal 2005~Ottowa 2005~United Center I,II 2006~Cincinnati 2006~Summerfest I,II 2006~The Vic Theatre 2007~Lollapalooza 2007~Bonnaroo 2008~United Center I,II 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2008~Austin City Limits 2009~EV Chicago I,II 2011~Alpine Valley Sep 03,04 2011~Wrigley Field 2013~Seattle 2013
  • Options
    PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    Bought a 4 pack of Mission Brewery Russian Imperial Stout out of San Diego, which I believe is Spanish for a whales vagina, anyway. My first Mission Brewery beer and it is gooooood. Wow, unfortunately the wife likes it a lot too and she drank two tonight. :cry:
    Mission makes great beer and their Stout is very tasty...
    If you get a chance, make sure to grab a few bombers of Stone's 2013 Imperial Russian Stout - wow is it delish. over 10% abv, very stout-ish and quite good.
    How'd ya like the Dayman Coffee IPA collab w/ Stone?
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24~9.29.24
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,296
    keelycan wrote:
    Anybody around here heading up to 3 floyds for darklord day this weekend? I'm going solo this year I'll have a PJ backback full of goodies while im in line. I have Group B tickets so I'm planning on getting there early and hopefully make it in the brewpub before my bottle allotment pickup. If anybody wants to hang out and share some brews let me know.

A couple of my buddies are doing it this year. Can't believe how crazy that shit is down there. I have two days open next week and plan on hitting the brewery to stock up on endless amounts of Zombie and Gumballhead though. Im sick of paying 16.99 and 13.99 for six packs at retail when you can get a case for 35 bucks at the brewery. Have fun!
  • Options
    PJFAN13 wrote:
    Bought a 4 pack of Mission Brewery Russian Imperial Stout out of San Diego, which I believe is Spanish for a whales vagina, anyway. My first Mission Brewery beer and it is gooooood. Wow, unfortunately the wife likes it a lot too and she drank two tonight. :cry:
    Mission makes great beer and their Stout is very tasty...
    If you get a chance, make sure to grab a few bombers of Stone's 2013 Imperial Russian Stout - wow is it delish. over 10% abv, very stout-ish and quite good.
    How'd ya like the Dayman Coffee IPA collab w/ Stone?

I will keep an eye out for it. The bottle doesn't look familiar though. May not be available in my area.

I didnt buy any Dayman. Must have been someone else.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    keelycan wrote:

A couple of my buddies are doing it this year. Can't believe how crazy that shit is down there. I have two days open next week and plan on hitting the brewery to stock up on endless amounts of Zombie and Gumballhead though. Im sick of paying 16.99 and 13.99 for six packs at retail when you can get a case for 35 bucks at the brewery. Have fun!

sounds like I should drive up there and stock up... if only it wasn't 1000+ miles... google says it's only 16 hours each way... :fp:

hmmm... only a 36 minute ride from downtown chicago.... now to find a way to ship it back... :think:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    Currently enjoying a Half Acre Ginger Twin. An India-Style Red Ale. Very good stuff.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    keelycan wrote:
    I wish :( So jealous...have fun! I'm headed there in a few weeks. My Dark Lord holy grail waits another year.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,791
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    keelycan wrote:
    I wish :( So jealous...have fun! I'm headed there in a few weeks. My Dark Lord holy grail waits another year.

There she is! Are you actually working all day with the new job??? :lol: Hope everything is going well.

I have drank plenty of 3 floyds, but have never been to the brewery. Really gotta get down there one of these days. I also have to find someone to drive my ass home.
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    Haha hey there! Yup actually working these days :lol: love the new job so much. I'm a huge 3 Floyds fan...Robert theBruce is my go-to. I haven't been there yet either but my sis and I are planning a day there next month. I think I'm gonna pay her to drive back haha
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Haha hey there! Yup actually working these days :lol: love the new job so much. I'm a huge 3 Floyds fan...Robert theBruce is my go-to. I haven't been there yet either but my sis and I are planning a day there next month. I think I'm gonna pay her to drive back haha

Damn it, can't get 3 Floyds out here...
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Mamasan23 wrote:

how much can you carry on a plane?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    81 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

how much can you carry on a plane?

:think:
  • Options
    Tough decisions... What to drink first tonight... hmmm

Choices from whats in the fridge now -

New Holland - Dragons Milk
    Mission - Russian Imperial Stout
    Capital Brewery - Jacked Maibock
    Left Hand - Milk Stout Nitro
    Capital - Blonde Doppelbach
    Capital - Maibock
    Liljas - Sasquatch Stout
    Ale Asylum - Contorter Porter
    New Glarus - Blonde
    Henry Weinhards - Private Reserve
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    New store just opened up around the corner from my house. Walked in there the other night and first display was Bells Oberon. Then I spotted 3 Floyds. Decent selection for a new store, guy behind the counter said they were working to build up their selection with the distributers. Added them on FB as they post deliveries there.

Walking distance from my house, shit, barefoot walking distance!!! I told the guy that he and I will become bfff this summer, I'm so excited!!!
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,822
    keith-stone.jpg
    hacked!
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    keith-stone.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol: when we drink in nana and papas garage this is the beer of choice!!! :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:
    New store just opened up around the corner from my house. Walked in there the other night and first display was Bells Oberon. Then I spotted 3 Floyds. Decent selection for a new store, guy behind the counter said they were working to build up their selection with the distributers. Added them on FB as they post deliveries there.

Walking distance from my house, shit, barefoot walking distance!!! I told the guy that he and I will become bfff this summer, I'm so excited!!!

Congrats on your new relationship.
  • Options
    Tough decisions... What to drink first tonight... hmmm

Choices from whats in the fridge now -

New Holland - Dragons Milk
    Mission - Russian Imperial Stout
    Capital Brewery - Jacked Maibock
    Left Hand - Milk Stout Nitro
    Capital - Blonde Doppelbach
    Capital - Maibock
    Liljas - Sasquatch Stout
    Ale Asylum - Contorter Porter
    New Glarus - Blonde
    Henry Weinhards - Private Reserve

Lol, went to the store and picked up a six pack of Spotted Cow, ended up drinking that first. Then the Mission then the Contorter Porter. That port was really good. I am going to get a sixer next time.:D
  • Options
    Edmund made the wsj. Yeah...its that good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Just cracked open a Spotted Cow.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    Edmund made the wsj. Yeah...its that good

I looked for it, didnt see it. I dont think they distribute up here. I dont remember seeing anything from them.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    had some sierra nevada ruthless rye the other day.. it was damn good
  • Options
    PurduePete55PurduePete55 Posts: 191
    keelycan wrote:

Like a dumbass, I never thought to check here to see if anybody else was going. I had Group E. Got there at 9:30, left at 9, long ass day. Great time though. So many good people sharing beers. Got to try Heady Topper for the first time, and one guy cracked open his brand new Bourbon Vanilla Dark Lord to share. Unreal stuff. I thought the guest drafts were great. I had some out of market IPAs and DIPAs to share as well as some KBS. First time at Dark Lord Day for me. I'd recommend it for anybody. I was walking around in my Ames Bros Blaylock 20 tshirt so I would have been easy to spot. As many folks as I talked to, I didn't run into anybody that recognized my shirt.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    so i got around to the revolution ipa.

it's an ipa.

it's from chicago

it's average

not horrible, not amazing. right down the middle

once again, i say chicago does not produce great beers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg