Options

The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    Shorts-Hopstache-e1364501471923.jpg

YUM!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,056
    ...another YUM!

Black-NoteFrntLabel-e1324531202298-200x200.jpg
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Keeping it local!

Finishing a growler of Burnt Hickory Ezekiel's Wheel Pale Ale.

Brewed 5 mins from the house, but hard as hell to get.

Yummmm
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Went ahead and broke out the clown shoes Clementine. Reminds me of the hoegarten grand cru I had in Amsterdam last summer.
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Urgh... Woodmans called me and said they are not reserving the KBS. I have to be there at 9 AM Tuesday. Its first come first server with a four bottle limit at $5.99 per bottle. :shock: That is a fuck ton for a twelve ounce beer.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Did a tasting that included Founders Backwoods Bastard and Bolt Cutter to go along with Lost Abbey Mo Betta Bretta and New Holland Dragon's Milk. Also sampled some of my buddy's homebrew ESB and saison. Great night all around.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    Urgh... Woodmans called me and said they are not reserving the KBS. I have to be there at 9 AM Tuesday. Its first come first server with a four bottle limit at $5.99 per bottle. :shock: That is a fuck ton for a twelve ounce beer.
    I'd willingly pay twice that. Hell, Dogfish Head 120 Minute is $10.99 for a 12 oz. bottle here. KBS is easily worth $5.99.
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,659
    adam42381 wrote:
    I'd willingly pay twice that. Hell, Dogfish Head 120 Minute is $10.99 for a 12 oz. bottle here. KBS is easily worth $5.99.

I would pay far more than that if Bell's would start doing business in the state of Texas.... :cry:

lucky bastards...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

I would pay far more than that if Bell's would start doing business in the state of Texas.... :cry:

lucky bastards...
    I think you may mean Founders. They make KBS.
    adam42381 wrote:

Just not used to paying that I guess. Ill get my 4 bottle limit. I hope I like it. :D
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I had backwoods bastard before and i thought it was really good!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:
    Did a tasting that included Founders Backwoods Bastard and Bolt Cutter to go along with Lost Abbey Mo Betta Bretta and New Holland Dragon's Milk. Also sampled some of my buddy's homebrew ESB and saison. Great night all around.

How is the Dragons Milk?
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:

hrmm.... well that's a whole different story!

Founders did just start doing business here...

sounds like I need to get on the hunt... :think:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

Better start NOW. Distribution to Madison is today and GB tomorrow in Wisconsin.
  • Options
    adam42381 wrote:

How is the Dragons Milk?
    It was very good, not great. Of course, it was toward the end of the tasting, so my palate may not have been as sharp at that point.
    shep wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

Better start NOW. Distribution to Madison is today and GB tomorrow in Wisconsin.

Yea, I started checking it out already..

Apparently the brewery stated that Texas isn't getting any bottles for this year... they don't anticipate their product to hit the shelves here until mid-may. They expect it to be on draft by the middle of this month - conflicting sources on whether or not we'll get any KBS kegs here... if we get it, I'm sure the hay merchant will wind up with one... i always keep my eye on their twitter feed to see what's hitting the lines...
  • Options
    Had a couple of these last week. Really liked it. Not as sweet as the Left Hand milk stout.

bp_2xstout1.png
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494

I actually had a ticket to the KBS bottle release at the brewery. I bought the max of 12 bottles (though 8 of the bottles are allotted to friends and my boyfriend). $60 worth of beer. Then I saw the Left Hand nitro and Rogue double chocolate stout, which are kinda hard to find in Michigan, the very next day. So I dropped $40 at that store (the Rogue bomber was priced at $14.99). $100 on beer in 2 days. :? Thank god I'm a lightweight and can get drunk on 2-3 craft brews. I'm putting more age on the KBS too, so it was an investment for the future. At least that's what I had to tell myself to feel better.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    ...another YUM!

Black-NoteFrntLabel-e1324531202298-200x200.jpg

Bell's is really good about doing events and tap takeovers. I've had Black Note on tap several times, and it is incredibly tasty. Even my friend in Fargo has gotten a chance to try it. I also really liked cask Two Hearted. The cask mellows it out and makes it much more drinkable.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    Well off to Woodmans to fight the crowd for my KBS. Distributor is supposed to be there between 9 and 10 AM. I have to take my .2.5 year old with me. Is it bad to take a 3 year old to a liquor store at 9 AM? Well at least it is also a grocery store and its not like I'm bringing him to a bar, right? :D
  • Options
    jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    Well off to Woodmans to fight the crowd for my KBS. Distributor is supposed to be there between 9 and 10 AM. I have to take my .2.5 year old with me. Is it bad to take a 3 year old to a liquor store at 9 AM? Well at least it is also a grocery store and its not like I'm bringing him to a bar, right? :D
    It's Wisconsin! Ya gotta start em young :lol:
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:

:lol: Yeah, youre right.

Got there around 845, no beer. Did grocery shopping for about an hour, still no beer. Distributor will be there around noon now. :evil: Now I have to drive back across town with my kid and hope he gets there at noon. This beer better bet worth it. They are only getting 24 bottles.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:

Got there around 845, no beer. Did grocery shopping for about an hour, still no beer. Distributor will be there around noon now. :evil: Now I have to drive back across town with my kid and hope he gets there at noon. This beer better bet worth it. They are only getting 24 bottles.
    That sucks! Especially if you have your child on a strict schedule with lunch and naps. Good luck to you! I have to go to Woodman's for grocercies later. I always forget their ginormous beer selection. I'll have to look for this one.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:
    jbarbian wrote:

That sucks! Especially if you have your child on a strict schedule with lunch and naps. Good luck to you! I have to go to Woodman's for grocercies later. I always forget their ginormous beer selection. I'll have to look for this one.

Yeah, luckily he takes late naps, around 2. Should be ok, just a pain. What city are you in?
  • Options
    Southside of Kenosha. 5 minutes from Illinois, 5 minutes from Lake Michigan.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:

OK, still a cheesehead, just barely though, geographically speaking. :lol:

Good luck on finding some. I really hope I like this beer.
  • Options
    jbarbian wrote:

OK, still a cheesehead, just barely though, geographically speaking. :lol:

Good luck on finding some. I really hope I like this beer.
    Cheesehead through and through! Family helped establish this city, am probably related to half of everyone that lives here :lol:
  • Options
    Got my 4 pack of KBS!! I am pumped to try it tonight. Going to age the other 4 probably have one every three months. Guy at the store said they got 2 cases. He took 4 and another guy working there took 4 right off the truck. One customer before me and then my four took care of the first case. Another guy came in while I was there. They will probably be gone by the end of the day. He said they are even more limited than last year.

Also picked up a six pack of Lilas Sasquatch Stout from Pangaea beerf Co in Wisconsin Rapids and an assorted 6 pack of others.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    :lol: Check out this KBS review. Pretty funny. Love the pour. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOOiJ3MFdbk
  • Options
    OK, so I am 3 drinks into my first KBS. This says it all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ-RMD91p4U

Best beer I have ever had. Worth all the work and every penny. I am going to have a hard time not opening another.