The Craft Beer Thread....

Comments

• davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    had great lakes' elliot ness last night. knocked me on my ass but :thumbup:
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    oh and we're counting down the days until the ABV rises to 10.2% on Sunday. Thing is that state revenue said the higher alcohol content beers could not be within the state's borders until July 1. So reports are that Abita will have trucks loaded and ready to go at the stroke of midnight, Yazoo may also be able to get some in stores that day and Lazy Magnolia's new high gravity beer will be in stores as well. The thing i don't get about it is that Lazy Magnolia has obviously been brewing the new beer in state, so haven't they been in violation of the law? ;):lol:
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    oh and we're counting down the days until the ABV rises to 10.2% on Sunday. Thing is that state revenue said the higher alcohol content beers could not be within the state's borders until July 1. So reports are that Abita will have trucks loaded and ready to go at the stroke of midnight, Yazoo may also be able to get some in stores that day and Lazy Magnolia's new high gravity beer will be in stores as well. The thing i don't get about it is that Lazy Magnolia has obviously been brewing the new beer in state, so haven't they been in violation of the law? ;):lol:

:clap:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    dirty bastard
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Thanks..it's going to be a good 4th. And 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 5th and 6th..... :lol:

Edit: Well actually i'm expecting to be a drunk bastard all month long as new stuff continues to filter in. Hopefully there will be more to show up next week but Abita, Yazoo and Lazy Mag will have plenty to keep us busy for a while

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Enjoying a nice 450 calorie 120 minute ipa!! :D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576

Nice! I have 4 in my basement. On the opposite end of that spectrum tonight and enjoying a 60 minute IPA.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
    I had my first 120 Minute IPA this past Saturday and holy shit it was good.
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,256
    I took a tour of Deschutes Brewery in Bend last summer and became an became an instant fan of their beers. Black Butte Porter is fantastic.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    If any of you can help me out with cool beer stickers, please keep me in mine or drop me a PM.

I'm trying to decorate my fridge the right way. Thanks
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,933
    If any of you can help me out with cool beer stickers, please keep me in mine or drop me a PM.

I used to have so many of these, back in the day :lol:

!CEjYBfQBGk~$%28KGrHqJ,!lYE1FwLJksEBNSOFQ0vew~~_35.JPG
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Thanks..it's going to be a good 4th. And 1st and 2nd and 3rd and 5th and 6th..... :lol:

Edit: Well actually i'm expecting to be a drunk bastard all month long as new stuff continues to filter in. Hopefully there will be more to show up next week but Abita, Yazoo and Lazy Mag will have plenty to keep us busy for a while

Sounds like you and I would get along quite well ;)
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Someone enlighten and indulge me about the local beers of Seattle...

my longtime, go-to favorite has always been red hook ESB

esb_sixpack.png

:thumbup:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    imalive wrote:

I used to have so many of these, back in the day :lol:

!CEjYBfQBGk~$%28KGrHqJ,!lYE1FwLJksEBNSOFQ0vew~~_35.JPG

I remember those. Not marketing to kids, at all. Way better than a Joe Camel penis face.
    imalive wrote:

esb_sixpack.png

Yeah, but I get that around here. I'm looking for something that's not availble out this way.
    imalive wrote:

esb_sixpack.png

Yeah, but I get that around here. I'm looking for something that's not availble out this way.

how about:

http://halesbrewery.com/

:?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    Ahhh, Red Hook ESB! I always forget about that one when I think back to my "gateway" beers. I tend to think of Sam Boston Lager, Newcastle, and much later SN Pale Ale. Ironically, ESB was how I learned to enjoy (and now be obsessed with) the bitter side of beers.

Gonna have to grab an ESB next chance I get just to see how it's held up.
  • MotoDCMotoDC Posts: 947
    Haha, I have a few tucked away in my beer closet that I've been looking for an excuse to crack open. Not exactly your average refresher-after-work beer. Packs a wallop!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    imalive wrote:

esb_sixpack.png

Elysian makes some pretty interesting brews. This year they are doing the 12 beer of the apocolypse.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    Elysian makes some pretty interesting brews. This year they are doing the 12 beer of the apocolypse.

Word. I'll give it a look when I'm there in a few weeks.
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    Elysian is from Seattle? Yeah their beer is awesome. Also, recently I was at the Pike Brewing Company. That was a nice brewpub with good beer.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • shepshep Posts: 5,764
    youngster wrote:

Nice! I have 4 in my basement. On the opposite end of that spectrum tonight and enjoying a 60 minute IPA.

Is there any chance anyone that someone out there will access to the 120 would be willing to buy and ship me a 4-pack :?: More than happy to cover all costs of course.

Unfortunately the state of TX pulled label approval for the holy grail of hopheads a little while back (well, apart from Pliney the Elder/Younger and Hopslam of course - neither of which can you get here either :( ), after the brewery had that unfortunately incident where they had to recall an entire batch...

I'd really love to be able to try the 120, but unfortunately I cannot get my hands on it :(... acutally DFH has been having issues getting anything new into this state since that point in time, which is a real tragedy... first it was problems with the distributor, now it's TABC issues... I just want me some DFH... they got the Festina Peach in here a few weeks back... first new item in TX from them in a looooooooooooooooooong time... and unfortunately i'm not a big fan of anything wheat based...

Anyone willing to help, please shoot me a PM.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    had a few of these last night..... :thumbup:

2167337b3685aa29ad9d3c60b01a037e_320x320.jpg

('ell if I know)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I'm currently having a Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA and it's fantastic. In the past 3 days I've had Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye, Firestone Walker Double Jack and Moylan's Hopsickle. Not a bad week on the hop front.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    adam42381 wrote:
    I'm currently having a Bear Republic Racer 5 IPA and it's fantastic. In the past 3 days I've had Bear Republic Hop Rod Rye, Firestone Walker Double Jack and Moylan's Hopsickle. Not a bad week on the hop front.
    That's a good 3 days.

Last night I had Green Flash Imperial IPA, in which all I could taste was pepper and weed. It was really weird, especially after how much I liked Palate Wrecker. Also randomly had some Sam Adam's Barleywine (called Griffin's Bow or some such). Believe it was oak-aged. Definitely my least favorite barleywine so far, but I'd drink it again. I really like barleywines...even though I type "BARELYwines" everytime and have to edit it. :lol:
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    The past 3 days I have had two Rockstars and 6 pots of coffee!

Fuckin night shifts...
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    This weekend is the Organic Beer Fest in Portland. I've never been, but am hoping to go.
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Sounds like you and I would get along quite well ;)
    I'm sure we would...next time you're in Mizzip holla at your boy and we'll get rowdy rowdy :D

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,962
    strilo wrote:
    This weekend is the Organic Beer Fest in Portland. I've never been, but am hoping to go.

If you go, give us a review of your faves.