Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    Fantastic news!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Good to hear, WH! And thanks for posting the explanation too. Makes sense to me! I hope it works out for you guys.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,414
    Great news, WH. Love the fact Galaxy's people called back that quickly. You're right, they probably field a ton of calls daily.
  • Options
    DancedNLaughterDancedNLaughter the 509 Posts: 323
    Good news for you and your cat! :):joy:
    Push me and I will resist . . .
    Let me run into the rain . . . .to shine a human light today . . .
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    So today I got Scooter done self engagement toys go help him not get bored while sequestered away. I don't know how he'll take to them yef.. But he loves his new kitty grass! Lol
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    Was today Day 1 of the sequester?
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764

So today I got Scooter done self engagement toys go help him not get bored while sequestered away. I don't know how he'll take to them yef.. But he loves his new kitty grass! Lol

Luckily cats sleep 18 hours a day, so that should take up a lot of his time while he's in there. :tongue:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Was today Day 1 of the sequester?

Yesterday was. So far so good.
  • Options
  • Options
    SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,243
    :lol:^^
    ELITIST FUK
  • Options
    SD48277 said:

Yep, Scooter had a talk with the cat in the mirror! Lol
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863

SD48277 said:

LMAO, How cute!!! I used to have a talk with the baby in the mirror when I was a wee one...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

SD48277 said:

LMAO, How cute!!! I used to have a talk with the baby in the mirror when I was a wee one...
    I think every animal and human alike get fascinated by mirrors in one sense or another.. Just most of us don't do do while hanging upside down! ;-)
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    How's Scooter doing these days, WH? Still sequestered or roaming about the house?
  • Options
    hedonist said:

How's Scooter doing these days, WH? Still sequestered or roaming about the house?

Nope.. He is sequestered away when we all leave. When one of us is jome, he comes and hangs out. If he scratches while he is out, he goes back into the room. So far he's doing really well! Today he dragged out his favorite ribbon toy, hauled it upstairs, and dropped it at my feet. Then meowed at me til on played with him!! He is a pretty amazing kitty personality wise!
  • Options
    So...so far so good! Have you been in touch with Team Galaxy?

Very happy at his progress. Always a nice sign when engaging you to play :)
  • Options

"So this is what I look like upside down. I'm adorable."
  • Options
    edited August 2015

PJSiren said:

SD48277 said:

I think every animal and human alike get fascinated by mirrors in one sense or another.. Just most of us don't do do while hanging upside down! ;-)
    Not my cat. She couldn't care less about her own reflection (or mine, or anyone's). She seems to completely understand what's going on there, so totally ignores it. Although she uses mirrors to see other places or people elsewhere in the room like people might do. I think this means she's smart.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

SD48277 said:

Not my cat. She couldn't care less about her own reflection (or mine, or anyone's). She seems to completely understand what's going on there, so totally ignores it. Although she used mirrors to see other places or people elsewhere in the room like people might do. I think this means she's smart.
    It means she has a higher sense of self awareness than most other cats for sure!
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

Not my cat. She couldn't care less about her own reflection (or mine, or anyone's). She seems to completely understand what's going on there, so totally ignores it. Although she used mirrors to see other places or people elsewhere in the room like people might do. I think this means she's smart.

Both of ours do that too.

Have you ever seen the video of a huge mirror that was placed in the wild, and various animals' reactions to it? Fascinating.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    hedonist said:

PJ_Soul said:

Both of ours do that too.

Have you ever seen the video of a huge mirror that was placed in the wild, and various animals' reactions to it? Fascinating.

I hadn't seen that, but now I have, and here it is! :) I dunno about that gorilla. He might not be the sharpest crayon in the box. :lol: And then there are the chimps... I think they formed a cult based on that mirror, and then were philosophically lost when it was taken away. :confounded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaMylwohL14
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Whoa. This couldn't be more off topic, but the vid that came up automatically after that one is this one, where a tribe is meeting white men for the first time. It's completely fascinating but devastatingly sad. The encounter basically signals the beginning of the end of life as they knew it, and probably a lot of death and misery, what with the diseases and whatnot. :frowning: And judging by the looks on their faces, they seemed to at least be really worried about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JXcWwHxCBE

And the non-artsy original footage just with voice over by the guy who's there, but it's really long (but much more interesting):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd0I1xAICOc

Okay, sorry. Back to our regularly scheduled program. :)
  • Options
    Love your commentary =) I'll check out the other clip from home.
  • Options
    Wow... That was something else.. For sure!
  • Options
    Cat and Silent Sunlight :)
  • Options
    ^^^^ Beautiful
  • Options
    Thanks, Hobbes! I'll take credit for the shot, but the cuteness is all on him.

I cannot imagine a life without our felines. They make it.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Very pretty!
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    What a gorgeous shot, hedonist!!!

and I agree....but about both felines and k-9s...I love all my babies and can't imagine life without any of them.....
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJSiren said:

What a gorgeous shot, hedonist!!!

and I agree....but about both felines and k-9s...I love all my babies and can't imagine life without any of them.....

Amen! And I miss having horses too.