Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Nope.. Well that sucks!
  • Options
    Ok.. That last link worked!! Whew! There's a mouse that lives in my window well, and he drives Scooter crazy!!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Well done, WH! Does Scooter ever do that barking thing at the mouse? Ours do, when the birds are around. It's absolutely adorable.
  • Options
    No.. He just meows plaintively.. In the other video I got, you can hear his tiny meows..
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    ldent42 said:

Shit I just ordered a box of the fishy kind.

So what do you do when your kitty only eats the fishy food? Our cat seems perfectly normal, healthy, agile and is not overweight. She is a picky eater, does not even go for treats. For dry food, she likes Natural Balance Green Peas & Salmon. We are happy that she eats and tried food with chicken in it, but she doesn't want it. Maybe I'll check and try stuff like venison for her. She seems to care a lot about the gravy, and Soulistic is high in that. We like the Soulistic brand for her because it does not contain all the crap other canned foods contain. We do not have a problem paying the higher price. Maybe we can lure her away from the fish a bit.

When I say don't feed fish as a soluable diet I mean ACTUAL fish. The processed foods that are made up of fish product have the flavor of the fish, but not near enough of the actual fish to harm
    Your kitty. So if your kitty likes the food you are getting her stick with that. Just don't feed them
    Tuna or salmon out of the cans.( whole fish products meant for human consumption). There's not enough regulation of the iron and Mercury in them to be safe for cats to eat. Safe for us, not for them. :-)
    My vet actually told me that the fish flavored foods can cause bladder problems in cats and specifically told me not to use them. Has nothing to do with mercury levels. It supposedly has to do with the ingredients used in fish flavored cat food. Seems to me it's probably better to just avoid fish related food altogether.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

So what do you do when your kitty only eats the fishy food? Our cat seems perfectly normal, healthy, agile and is not overweight. She is a picky eater, does not even go for treats. For dry food, she likes Natural Balance Green Peas & Salmon. We are happy that she eats and tried food with chicken in it, but she doesn't want it. Maybe I'll check and try stuff like venison for her. She seems to care a lot about the gravy, and Soulistic is high in that. We like the Soulistic brand for her because it does not contain all the crap other canned foods contain. We do not have a problem paying the higher price. Maybe we can lure her away from the fish a bit.

When I say don't feed fish as a soluable diet I mean ACTUAL fish. The processed foods that are made up of fish product have the flavor of the fish, but not near enough of the actual fish to harm
    Your kitty. So if your kitty likes the food you are getting her stick with that. Just don't feed them
    Tuna or salmon out of the cans.( whole fish products meant for human consumption). There's not enough regulation of the iron and Mercury in them to be safe for cats to eat. Safe for us, not for them. :-)
    My vet actually told me that the fish flavored foods can cause bladder problems in cats and specifically told me not to use them. Has nothing to do with mercury levels. It supposedly has to do with the ingredients used in fish flavored cat food. Seems to me it's probably better to just avoid fish related food altogether.
    I was talking about raw fish products.. But yeah, my vet said the same thing about fishy flavored foods.
  • Options
    PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Is this wet food only, or dry food as well? We've been feeding the cats salmon flavor dry food for a few months now ever since Tabby Lu passed away because they'll eat anything...and we switched brands to Blue because it's supposed to be really good food...
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    PJSiren said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

Is this wet food only, or dry food as well? We've been feeding the cats salmon flavor dry food for a few months now ever since Tabby Lu passed away because they'll eat anything...and we switched brands to Blue because it's supposed to be really good food...
    I don't know for sure, since me and my vet were only discussing wet food. But given the warning, I would personally choose to avoid all fish flavored food.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

PJSiren said:

PJ_Soul said:

ldent42 said:

I don't know for sure, since me and my vet were only discussing wet food. But given the warning, I would personally choose to avoid all fish flavored food.
    Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely talk to my vet about it...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Mine has diarrea. Am I supposed to give her butter? I don't remember.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,311
    ldent42 said:

Mine's had it for awhile. I've tried tried different wet foods but nothing seems to be working.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    I think the wet food makes it worse. I usually put two cups of wet food out in the morning (one for each cat) but since she's had diarrea in the night I was planning on only putting one wet food and some dry food.

I did give her some butter.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    Our kitty had some softer stool as well because she is on antibiotics. I read about it and they say you can give them plain fat free yogurts. It contains probiotics to repair the gut flora. We got some probiotics stuff from the vet and she is much better now. It's a paste and a powder.
    I read that you can also give them canned sugar free pumpkin. If she is on medication, maybe that is causing it? Ours was on doxycycline and the vet said that it causes diarrhea in some cats, so we quit that now.The antibiotics screw the gut up by destroying all the bacteria, also the helpful ones. Then they get the runnies. Just like humans.

We also asked the vet again about the fishy food and she said it was absolutely fine to feed it to her. She is not overweight, playful and sporty. At the moment she does have some kind of coold, but it is getting better now. I'm not gonna change her diet.
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    If you only give her dry food, make sure she has plenty to drink and also drinks so she doesn't dehydrate.
  • Options
    ldent42 said:

Plain, raw pumpkin helps with diahrrea, but you have to be sure it's got no sugars in it.. And make sure she gets plenty of water! Poor kitty, hope she feels better soon!
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,782
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Kat said:
    Cats are a lot more amazing than most people give them
    Credit for!
  • Options
    Kat said:
    I love that video!!! It is sooooo sweet...I saw it a couple months ago on FB...and it just melted my heart...
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    part of me wonders if that isn't a medical condition
  • Options
    when and where will the first cat club be in the U.S.?

http://www.mixmag.net/read/take-a-look-inside-the-worlds-first-cat-nightclub-news
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

http://www.mixmag.net/read/take-a-look-inside-the-worlds-first-cat-nightclub-news

Can we bring our own cats?
  • Options

Can we bring our own cats?
    sure why not :tongue:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWFXttBlSJI
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Love the rolling and flopping toward the end.

And you KNOW that cat could've decimated the squirrel.

Sweetness :)
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,415
    For my 1,000th post ( :smiley: ) I would like to introduce you all to my kids....

On the left is Oliver and to the right, his sister, Willow

And this is Gypsy Rose.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Gah! Couple of beauties! And I love Oliver's toe-beans.

Well-done on the thousandth, sir. Well done :)

*edit - THREE cats? Above the neck, Gypsy Rose looks like our Beans.
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,415
    edited May 2015
    Yep, three cats. Had four at one point, but Shadow passed a few years ago. He was gorgeous. All black, green eyes. Like a panther. Never liked having his picture taken. He knew when I had a camera out, he'd go running. Little shit :lol: I'll see if I can dig up a pic of him.

My edit: Here's Shadow...
    Post edited by Hobbes on
  • Options
    Awww gorgeous kitties Hobbes!! And Shadow was beautiful!
  • Options
    Pretty boy! I've never been able to connect with black cats for some reason, probably on me and some subconscious energy I'm giving off.

When we adopted George, his second "hey, how you doing" appointment at the vet had us in the waiting room for a bit with two beautiful black-furred green-eyed siblings up for adoption.

They HATED me. I've no idea why and it actually hurt my feelings...what'd I do?

Love Shadow's long whiskers. For some reason it's hilarious to find the random one on the furniture, scratching post, pillow.

Then they try to eat it =)