~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• PJSirenPJSiren Posts: 5,863
    OOOH, The two new pics posted are soooo cute!!! Love them!!! lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    I love catching her mid-yawn :lol:

I think she has now discovered the beauty of watching the birdies and squirrels at the window. I put a lot of feeders out there in plain sight and there is a lot going on. Now she sits on my desk and excitedly observes the outside. And when she doesn't do that, I gotta play "bottle cap" with her. I throw, she runs after it and brings it back to me. Ten times minimum. Hahaha
    OMG, that is soooo cute! And she plays fetch??? how adorable!!! My Beany, he bats bottlecaps around the kitchen floor...but he doesn't retrieve things if you throw them...lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793

I think she has now discovered the beauty of watching the birdies and squirrels at the window. I put a lot of feeders out there in plain sight and there is a lot going on. Now she sits on my desk and excitedly observes the outside. And when she doesn't do that, I gotta play "bottle cap" with her. I throw, she runs after it and brings it back to me. Ten times minimum. Hahaha

i've never taken a pic of either of my cats yawning. Always miss it. Although with WIllow that my be a good thing since she's missing a few teeth :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

i've never taken a pic of either of my cats yawning. Always miss it. Although with WIllow that my be a good thing since she's missing a few teeth :lol:
    HAHA, awwww, my Tabby Lu was missing teefies too...her teeth were not anchored in her gums very deeply the vets said and she had lots quite a few over time...

Do you guys know who Lil Bub is? She's a famous internet kitty...she has NO teeth...it's one of her deformities...and her cat daddy posted a pic the other day of her mouth wide open showing off, it looked so funny...she's such a cutie, I follow her on IG and FB...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    edited April 2015
    I know Lil Bub, she's cute :smile:

She has been playing fetch since we got her. It is super cute. She did it with rubber bands from veggies, now it's bottle caps. She knows how to turn them around so she can grab the rim :lol: I love seeing her walking towards me with a cap in her mouth. she even brings them to her food bowl, she did the ame with the rubber bands. She is the cutest freaking thing.
    haha, that is sooo awesome, I love it! I wish mine did tricks! :lol:
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    I love some of these. And I thought no one would appreciate this more than the posters and lurkers :wink: in this group. thisiscolossal.com/2015/04/intimate-portraits-of-artists-and-their-cats-compiled-by-alison-nastasi/image
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes

I love some of these. And I thought no one would appreciate this more than the posters and lurkers :wink: in this group. thisiscolossal.com/2015/04/intimate-portraits-of-artists-and-their-cats-compiled-by-alison-nastasi/image

Omg that's so funny...I just saw an article when I was somewhere I couldn't access the forum to share it about a cat who sits on its dad's head until he feeds it...just like this one is sitting...it was so funny...
    Tattooed Dissident!
    Beans was on top of the washer, and somehow managed to hit the pause wash button...I been sitting here waiting for it to finish for like 15 minutes until I saw the light flashing...lol he's such a stinker....
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

Thats so cool. I knew Matisse had a cat, that was what I took away from the video at his paper cut out exhibit lol. I had no idea they all did. I love that one with the cat on the guys head. My friend's cat used to wrap around his neck like a scarf.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    edited April 2015
    I think many artists are/were cat lovers - probably muses for them.
    *edit - shoot! Just now looking through that link up there.

This one's gorgeous but pretty sure a (semi)wild one!
  • hedonist said:

That IS a wild cat. That's a Cervil. They are what Savhanna cats are bred from. The Savhanna cat is part Cervil, part domesticated kitty, just another example of humans fucking with things they have no business fucking with. I feel bad for the Savhannas, just like I feel
    Bad for any wolf dog of half breed or more along the wolf lineage. They are NOT meant tI be backyard, or indoor pets. I was an asshole for keeping Ace as long as I did as a 'dog'. Momo acclimated, he adjusted just fine, Ace never did. I was the Jack ass that kept trying To create a domestic let out of a wild animal. I will NEVER do that again. But yeah.. That's a wild cat..
  • On a more adorable note:
    Scooter got his first bath last night.. He took it like a boss!! P.s. We're really not supposed to wash kitties, but Scoots stunk.. So I try to never wash them
    Anymore than twice a year, if at all. I honestly think Scoots will be an annual wash if that. This was the first time I had to wash him in the two years I've owned him.
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646

hedonist said:

That IS a wild cat. That's a Cervil. They are what Savhanna cats are bred from. The Savhanna cat is part Cervil, part domesticated kitty, just another example of humans fucking with things they have no business fucking with. I feel bad for the Savhannas, just like I feel
    Bad for any wolf dog of half breed or more along the wolf lineage. They are NOT meant tI be backyard, or indoor pets. I was an asshole for keeping Ace as long as I did as a 'dog'. Momo acclimated, he adjusted just fine, Ace never did. I was the Jack ass that kept trying To create a domestic let out of a wild animal. I will NEVER do that again. But yeah.. That's a wild cat..
    The link says it is a Columbian ocelot. But yes definitely a wild cat. And poor Scooter. Big, pitiful, sad eyes. :giggle:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • I
    May have to go back and look. Ocelots are taller, and have very different patterns than a Cervil, they also have longer necks and faces. Off to Google!
  • I had it a bit backwards on conformations! Lolimage
    Ocelot^^^
    Serval^^^ ( ps I also spelled that WAYYYYY WRONG HAHAHA!!
  • Definitely an Ocelot in the pic! Thanks for the correction Ginny!
  • My neighbor let me know our cat teases her dog. She's and elderly woman living alone and the dog has its own room with a bay window. So our sweet little kitty sits right outside the window staring at the dog and the dog goes nuts. Barking and clawing and jumping.
  • My neighbor let me know our cat teases her dog. She's and elderly woman living alone and the dog has its own room with a bay window. So our sweet little kitty sits right outside the window staring at the dog and the dog goes nuts. Barking and clawing and jumping.

Cats like to do that. And the owner of the dog has the option of correcting that behavior. And honestly should. Frustration in dogs never had a good outcome. But kitties are infamous for doing that! Pics??
    edited April 2015

hedonist said:

Yes, I saw a story on a (the?) woman who supposedly perfected the Savannah breed, and I wondered about all of the "imperfect" ones before they were considered just so.

With you on certain things/lives we have no business interfering with.

*edit - nothing like the face of a cat in the bath!
  • There are different categories of Savannah cat. They are Cat. F1-5. With 1 being virtually a gigantic wild cat. And F5 being five generations removed from the original full bred Serval cat. So 1st Gen litter( half and half across the board, with the make being Domestic and the female being Serval; usually) and Gen F5 being the fifth litter down from the original Serval, and five different domestic inserts). So there's always some major Serval in there. They're very dangerous if not maintained ( psychologically as well as physically, EDPECIALLY the F1s). Most people don't think of this when they buy these cats. And the cats suffer..
  • I love catching her mid-yawn :lol:

That second pic is just sheer genius timing!! I love it.. It needs 'meme'd' hahaha! Great shot! And love your kitty's markings!!
    She is a pretty little princess :)
  • She IS!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon Posts: 9,851
    Cat bed overkill...
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

Cat bed overkill...

I like the look on the top one's face...like WTF? lol
    Tattooed Dissident!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793

PJSiren said:

I have stepped in cat puke more time than I can count...or on one of Tabby Lu's(rest her little kitty soul) hairballs...

better than stepping in cat poop (which i have done more so than puke). Unfortuantely one of my cat's seems to go to the bathroom on the carpet. She does use the liter box but I think she can't control i sometime. It's always in "liquid" form and she never pee's on the floor so that's a plus.
    Definitely get that checked out Dave. Cats can have IBS just like people, and dehydration for even
    Short periods of time, fucks up their kidneys,liver, all kinds of shit!

By the way my
    Brother now calls me The Ghetto version of Dr.Doolittle! Lmao yes we speak
    Jive Turkey here..
    took both to the vet today. Kali for her yearly checkup and Willow for the diarrhea problem. She couldn't find anything physical wrong with Willow so she took a blood sample. I'll find out tomorrow what they found.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    There's a gorgeous local mountain lion (P-22, an apparent celebrity) trapped under a home here.

Beautiful charcoal-lined eyes that keep getting lights shined on. I know it's to help him, but my heart breaks for how spooked he must be.

Good thoughts for your kitty, Dave.
  • We'll be praying for your kitties Dave.