Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,206
    iluvcats wrote:
    those are fat cats, eeriepadave :) thanks for posting! the squirrel wants to kick their butt.

FAT??? these cats are fat,

Fat+Cats_8.jpg
    fat-cat2.jpg

mine are not fat! ;) I would say they are pretty average weight for a cat, I mean granted they aren't skinny, but fat? :o
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    mine is just skinny, didn't mean to criticize yours! my cat is way smaller/thinner than my last cat. yours are pretty.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    mine is just skinny, didn't mean to criticize yours! my cat is way smaller/thinner than my last cat. yours are pretty.

it's ok. I think mine are about 10-15 pounds? Willow is smaller and a little "chubbier", maybe 13 pounds. Kali just looks big at about 14 pounds but she's very athletic and runs around a lot. :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    my cat has a fupa
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    my cat has a fupa

well i was gonan ask what that was but then googled it. Don't google fupa :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    megatron wrote:
    my cat has a fupa

well i was gonan ask what that was but then googled it. Don't google fupa :lol:

well he is a pussy cat.. :thumbup:
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    My little guy is 16 years old, and though we had a scare with him earlier in the year, he's doing just fine now. He's always been very warm and friendly but this summer is by far the most cuddly and I-need-to-be-near-you-at-all-times I've ever seen him! Something tells me maybe he's winding down and showing us all how much he loves us before he goes. Could be TOTALLY off though. I hope I am!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    [/quote]
    :lol: I put a bird feeder on the balcony so my cats can bird and squirrel watch all day[/quote]

same here, comebackgirl. we have one for the deck and one for underneath it. my cat sits on top of a folded lawn chair and watches them below the deck. it keeps him company while we are at work.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    My little guy is 16 years old, and though we had a scare with him earlier in the year, he's doing just fine now. He's always been very warm and friendly but this summer is by far the most cuddly and I-need-to-be-near-you-at-all-times I've ever seen him! Something tells me maybe he's winding down and showing us all how much he loves us before he goes. Could be TOTALLY off though. I hope I am!

that's sweet and sad at the same time. hope you're off too
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I can't wait till my cats are gone.

Perhaps this isn't the right thread...
  • Options
    eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    I can't remember if I've mentioned anything in this thread before, but my kitty loves grapes.

Loves as in she's obsessed with them. Whenever I have some in the house and am eating them, she keeps looking and meowing at me to give her one. Most of the time I do. She never eats them, at most carries them over to me to throw for her (she also loves to fetch :D ) and really just bats them around.

Anyone else's cat do this?

I also read somewhere that cats shouldn't be given grapes. :think: Anyone know anything about this? I don't get grapes often and only give Nauhuri one when I do anyway. (And like I said, she doesn't eat them. I often find them after some time, usually they're raisins by then. :roll: )
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    funny Emmi......

one of my cats is obsessed with pipecleaners!! i Had some in a ribbon box under my bed and he discovered them and now he hoards them and protects them like crazy!!! It is so freaking funny and bizzare
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    funny Emmi......

one of my cats is obsessed with pipecleaners!! i Had some in a ribbon box under my bed and he discovered them and now he hoards them and protects them like crazy!!! It is so freaking funny and bizzare

Man, cats are crazy. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    RKCNDY wrote:
    That is really cool.

My kitties are both 16. I had to take one of mine to the vet twice this week for dehydration. She's drinking a little bit, but I can't get her to eat, not even her favorites. All of her blood work came back fine. They didn't find a blockage or tumor or anything. I don't know what's going on with her :(
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    has anyone ever had a bad cat bite?

I read this article the other day

http://gizmodo.com/5931500/why-cat-bite ... pular=true

Mine has given me small bites- but this was a bit scary thinking.
  • Options
    vduboise wrote:

I've heard of cat bites, when they puncture the skin, can be pretty bad. That's never happened to me, though. *knocks on wood* I've been around cats my whole life and all I've gotten is little nips, just to tell me to stop what I'm doing and back off. (Like if they decide they've had enough tummy rubs.)

It's actually weird for me to think that some pet cats would/could/will/do bite people like that. Suppose some of them are just unfortunate accidents, though.
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    That is really cool.

My kitties are both 16. I had to take one of mine to the vet twice this week for dehydration. She's drinking a little bit, but I can't get her to eat, not even her favorites. All of her blood work came back fine. They didn't find a blockage or tumor or anything. I don't know what's going on with her :(

:( hope she gets better
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    That is really cool.

Thank you. I finally went and bought her meow mix of all things and she's eating that :? She'll eat that and her treats. I guess it's better than nothing.

• Options
    That is really cool.

Thank you. I finally went and bought her meow mix of all things and she's eating that :? She'll eat that and her treats. I guess it's better than nothing.

Nauhuri's sending kitty vibes to your little one.

Eating something is definitely better than nothing. I'm pretty sure drinking is somewhat more important (read that somewhere a while ago), so I'm glad to she's doing that. I don't know if it would make a difference, but sometimes it's advised to have multiple places for your cat to drink in (as in bowls in different spots) to encourage it more.

Either way, hoping she'll be right as rain soon!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    eMMI wrote:
    vduboise wrote:

I've heard of cat bites, when they puncture the skin, can be pretty bad. That's never happened to me, though. *knocks on wood* I've been around cats my whole life and all I've gotten is little nips, just to tell me to stop what I'm doing and back off. (Like if they decide they've had enough tummy rubs.)

It's actually weird for me to think that some pet cats would/could/will/do bite people like that. Suppose some of them are just unfortunate accidents, though.

When I worked at the clinic, any time someone got bit by a cat we were sent to the walk in clinic immediately. The bites are suspect because cat teeth are needle sharp, and their mouths are 'dirty' (full of bacteria), so when they bite, they basically inject the bacteria into your hand.
    I've had several bites and was even referred to a hand surgeon to remove an abscess. If I had waited to go to the hand surgeon, I would have had to have surgery like the girl in the article did.
    A medial assistant said that it also isn't uncommon for the teeth to puncture the bone causing a bone infection or the teeth to break off in the wound.

CBG, I hope your kitty gets well soon!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    eMMI wrote:

Eating something is definitely better than nothing. I'm pretty sure drinking is somewhat more important (read that somewhere a while ago), so I'm glad to she's doing that. I don't know if it would make a difference, but sometimes it's advised to have multiple places for your cat to drink in (as in bowls in different spots) to encourage it more.

Thank you! I bought her some more junk kitty food and she ate more today. I think she's just sick of eating healthy :lol: I've put a few food and water dishes around the house and raised them up and put the food in flat plates (I read that can help if they're not feeling well.) I bought her one of those little kitty fountains too since most cats prefer to drink running water. At first she was scared of it :roll: :lol: I'm also mixing a little water in with her food and giving her some by syringe to keep her hydrated. She seems to be doing better today.

RKCNDY wrote:

When I worked at the clinic, any time someone got bit by a cat we were sent to the walk in clinic immediately. The bites are suspect because cat teeth are needle sharp, and their mouths are 'dirty' (full of bacteria), so when they bite, they basically inject the bacteria into your hand.
    I've had several bites and was even referred to a hand surgeon to remove an abscess. If I had waited to go to the hand surgeon, I would have had to have surgery like the girl in the article did.
    A medial assistant said that it also isn't uncommon for the teeth to puncture the bone causing a bone infection or the teeth to break off in the wound.

Thank you! I think she's on the mend. She's stalking the birds outside right now.

Apparently cat bites can be pretty bad. My sister-in-law is a vet tech and the only time she ever had to go to the ER was after a cat bite. Apparently it was pretty bad. My kitty (the one that's sick) can be pretty vicious at the vet. They tried to muzzle her, but that made things worse. They have to hold her down with those huge gloves and she has a warning on her permanent record :oops: She's really a sweetheart at home though. I swear :lol:

I joke about cats being good protectors, but I swear it's true. When I was selling my house my kitty wouldn't let certain buyers go up the stairs. If she didn't like the looks of them she literally chased them away. I just read a book (Homer's Odyssey) that's a true story about a blind kitty. One night a man broke into the author's home while she was sleeping and she woke to find the man at the foot of her bed. The blind kitty (Homer) lunged at the man's face and chased him out of the apartment :lol: Go Homer!

• Options
    looloolooloolooloo Posts: 378
    eMMI wrote:

Thank you! I bought her some more junk kitty food and she ate more today. I think she's just sick of eating healthy :lol: I've put a few food and water dishes around the house and raised them up and put the food in flat plates (I read that can help if they're not feeling well.) I bought her one of those little kitty fountains too since most cats prefer to drink running water. At first she was scared of it :roll: :lol: I'm also mixing a little water in with her food and giving her some by syringe to keep her hydrated. She seems to be doing better today.

RKCNDY wrote:

Thank you! I think she's on the mend. She's stalking the birds outside right now.

Glad your kitty is feeling better! When the vet checked the labs, were they able to get a good look at her teeth? older cats start getting FUNKY teeth, which will cause them pain, which will cause them not to eat...you may not want to put her under the stress of a dental, but if she has an infection they may want to put her on antibiotics! Hopefully she was just having some off days and now she is back to normal. Good luck :)
    "Sun sets on this ocean- never once on my devotion."

"If I had this guy's voice, you could all kiss my ass."
  • Options
    loolooloo wrote:

Glad your kitty is feeling better! When the vet checked the labs, were they able to get a good look at her teeth? older cats start getting FUNKY teeth, which will cause them pain, which will cause them not to eat...you may not want to put her under the stress of a dental, but if she has an infection they may want to put her on antibiotics! Hopefully she was just having some off days and now she is back to normal. Good luck :)
    Thank you! She's doing even better today, eating more and drinking a bunch from the fountain. I finally breathed a sigh of relief. They did check her teeth and said they were good. She's always preferred her hard food, so I think that's helped. My other kitty had to have a fang removed a few months ago. Ugh it was so sad having to put her through that, but she's gained a bunch of weight since having it done, so I think it was the right decision. I wish they were immortal.

• Options
    So my kitty still isn't eating much. She'll eat some turkey deli meat (it has to be a specific kind) :roll: and she'll lick the gravy from her cat food, but won't eat much food. She loves her fountain though, and she's drinking a bunch. We brought her back to the vet and they took an x-ray and said everything looked clear - no blockages or anything (just a little gas because she's been on a stool softener for the dehydration). He said her blood tests looked good for any cat,not just a 16 year old cat. So we don't know why she's not eating. We're cutting back on the stool softener to see if that might be upsetting her stomach. Any ideas of what we might be able to feed her?

• Options
    So my kitty still isn't eating much. She'll eat some turkey deli meat (it has to be a specific kind) :roll: and she'll lick the gravy from her cat food, but won't eat much food. She loves her fountain though, and she's drinking a bunch. We brought her back to the vet and they took an x-ray and said everything looked clear - no blockages or anything (just a little gas because she's been on a stool softener for the dehydration). He said her blood tests looked good for any cat,not just a 16 year old cat. So we don't know why she's not eating. We're cutting back on the stool softener to see if that might be upsetting her stomach. Any ideas of what we might be able to feed her?

:( hopefully everything is ok and she'll be back to eating normally soon
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

:( hopefully everything is ok and she'll be back to eating normally soon
    Thanks Dave. I sprinkled catnip on top of her tuna this morning and that seemed to work. I know it's not really the best thing for her, but at this point I'm happy when she eats anything. I'm going to try first stage baby food later (no onion or onion powder) and see if that works.

• Options
    I bought some Turkey Deli meat yesterday...
    My kitty (Samantha) thought it was a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!!

The Fat Fuck!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    I bought some Turkey Deli meat yesterday...
    My kitty (Samantha) thought it was a WONDERFUL IDEA!!!!!!

The Fat Fuck!!!!

hehehehehehehehehehehehe
    :lol: I'm sure she loved it! I would love for my kitty to be fat again. She's about half what she used to weigh now.