Options

~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995

When I watched this, Jonas came running upstairs to see where the kitty cries were coming from :lol:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,198
    afroannnie wrote:

When I watched this, Jonas came running upstairs to see where the kitty cries were coming from :lol:

:lol: Willow did that too. Was trying to find the kitty, she does that a lot. Kali on the other hand just ignored it.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    might have to try this on my cats :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8vvXPmaRzc
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,777
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-13428382

saw this report about some kitties found near me and thought of this thread :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    One of my cat's Willow, will lick anything if you pet/scratch her right above her tail/butt. She also gets this weird/cute look on her face. Anyone's other cats do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pgiOn01FAw
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    One of my cat's Willow, will lick anything if you pet/scratch her right above her tail/butt. She also gets this weird/cute look on her face. Anyone's other cats do this?

that's lordosis.
    she is presenting!!!
    :lol::lol:;)

Lordosis behavior refers to the position that some mammalian females (including cats, mice, and rats) display when they are ready to mate ("in heat"). The term is also used to describe mounting behavior in mammalian males.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:

that's lordosis.
    she is presenting!!!
    :lol::lol:;)

Lordosis behavior refers to the position that some mammalian females (including cats, mice, and rats) display when they are ready to mate ("in heat"). The term is also used to describe mounting behavior in mammalian males.

:lol: luckily she's spayed
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    435060875v3_225x225_Front.jpg
    :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Ok fellow cat owners, I'm in the market for a new litter box. I would like one that isn't too expensive (under $50), relatively easy to clean, and is great for controlling odors.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Ok fellow cat owners, I'm in the market for a new litter box. I would like one that isn't too expensive (under $50), relatively easy to clean, and is great for controlling odors.

:lol:

that's like asking for your significant other to be super hot, have a phd in astrophysics, volunteer at the food bank and not be stuck up ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

:lol:

that's like asking for your significant other to be super hot, have a phd in astrophysics, volunteer at the food bank and not be stuck up ...

I know it's asking a lot, but there's got to be something that comes close. We are very OCD when it comes to the litter box and I think there has to be some that does a better job than others.
    fade away...

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    I'm guessing you could get one of these for around $50 ... the best part is that you never have to change the litter!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFzBiLOSKehicqFYgtOKd8BMHFPCB7k-NeVGBBwc3xlx1A2mBd
  • Options
    I know it's asking a lot, but there's got to be something that comes close. We are very OCD when it comes to the litter box and I think there has to be some that does a better job than others.

i think your choice of litter is the key as opposed to the box ... at under $50 - you are basically looking at variations of the same thing ... you won't get a self-cleaning one at that price range ...

i have two cats that shit and piss like there is no tomorrow and the litter i use is pretty good with the odors ... i'll have to go home and see the brand ... it's one of those supposedly eco-friendly variety ... you don't have to scoop every day but you do have to replace it i would say monthly (based on my two cats) ...
  • Options
    whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    God I miss my two kitties, I've had to leave them behind in K.C. for the time being.. Cause my Step-mom and my sister are allergic, as are my niece and nephew, so my poor distemperfried kitty and his de-clawed best friend are staying with my oldest sis in K.C. til I can get on my feet out here in Co. But good God in Heaven do I miss them!!! It's really weird not hearing Tommy's funky meow, or Buddy's "two-minute-meow"... I swear this cat meows sooooooooooooooooooooooooo long, like, you wonder when he's gonna pause to breathe..LOL Ya almost gotta hear it to believe it!!! Having my parents' dogs around is great, but I feel like I'm missing an appendage not having my cats around. To me, the perfect home is some dogs, many cats, and some horses out back.. So with no kitties to give me doses of "Purr-Therapy" I truly feel at a loss. The other day, when I called my sis to check on my furr-balls, she held the phone to Tommy's face so he could purr for me over the phone, and he kept rubbing up against the phone while I talked to him..I'm not kidding when I say that if you LOOK at Tommy he purrs!! He's the coolest cat. My sis said he looks for me all over the new house, says he's kinda lost without me to sleep on at night. Like I said I just really miss my cats and can't wait til I can go get them and bring them out to Colorado with me!!
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:

i think your choice of litter is the key as opposed to the box ... at under $50 - you are basically looking at variations of the same thing ... you won't get a self-cleaning one at that price range ...

i have two cats that shit and piss like there is no tomorrow and the litter i use is pretty good with the odors ... i'll have to go home and see the brand ... it's one of those supposedly eco-friendly variety ... you don't have to scoop every day but you do have to replace it i would say monthly (based on my two cats) ...

Right now we are using Arm and Hammer Double Duty. I know you can get self-cleaning ones starting at around $100, are they really that much better? If I can find something that will work magic, I would drop a $100. Anyway, just let me know which kind of litter you use and suggestions are welcomed.
    fade away...

• Options
    polaris_x wrote:

I have to agree. It's probably your litter and not your box. I have two kinda cheap litter boxes (decent sixed plastic ones like this

litter-box.jpg

My cats don't seem to care at all, guess they aren't too picky. As far as litter goes I use Tidy Cats
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Right now we are using Arm and Hammer Double Duty. I know you can get self-cleaning ones starting at around $100, are they really that much better? If I can find something that will work magic, I would drop a $100. Anyway, just let me know which kind of litter you use and suggestions are welcomed.

it's called odour busters ... canadian company ... only complaint i have with it is the kitties drag the crap all over the place ...

i don't know anything about self-cleaning litter boxes ...
  • Options
    Anyone watch Animal Planet?

They have a few new cat shows.

My Cat From Hell
    http://animal.discovery.com/tv/my-cat-from-hell/

right now i'm watching Too Cute... Kittens (phills are in a rain delay still)
    http://animal.discovery.com/tv/too-cute-kittens/

ooooh and up next is America's cutest cats 2010
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    my roommate's kitten seems to like me more than her....... :? :lol:
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,937
    conman wrote:

8-):mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,076
    I know you can get self-cleaning ones starting at around $100, are they really that much better? If I can find something that will work magic, I would drop a $100. Anyway, just let me know which kind of litter you use and suggestions are welcomed.

About 5 years ago, I had to have surgery. My boyfriend lived with me at the time, and knew there would be certain things I would not be able to do for a few weeks; including bending over to clean the litter box. We had 2 cats (which I still have) and a dog (which he took with him when we broke up :( )
    anyways, knowing that the litter box cleaning duty was my job, I warned him he would have to take care of it for a few weeks OR he would have to lift the box up for me and put it on the bathroom counter so I could do it.

When I came home from the hospital, he informed me had had "solved" the problem..."just how would a self- proclaimed computer and gadget geek--who has never touched a litter box in his life- 'fix' that 'problem'?" I had the answer pop into my brain before I got to the spare room to look- there sat an automatic cleaning litter box! He was SO against scooping poop for a few weeks that he went out and spent $150 on an automatic box! Thank GOD it was his own money!!

The funniest thing about it- the one cat was afraid of it at first and would only pee in it, so he started pooping on the floor outside the box, so the ex had to clean that up :lol:

anyways, the thing was highly overrated. it didn't "rake" the litter thoroughly, and so there were always little clumps all over the place. The box would sense when the cat got in and out, and then it would go to business doing the raking right after that. This caused a problem because the litter didnt get enough of a chance to soak up the pee, and the rake ended up getting covered/crusty with pee soaked litter. I have a very picky cat who is particular about the cleanliness of his box--he did NOT approve.

it was a mess.
    I do not recommend such boxes. Scooping is SO much easier!!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    conman wrote:

Maybe she likes the name you came up with for her? :)
    (what did she end up being named?)
    Makes much more sense...

2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    conman wrote:

Maybe she likes the name you came up with for her? :)
    (what did she end up being named?)
    khloe (not sure how to spell it)
  • Options
    Since I'm new to this thread, I thought I would give you a photo intro of my cats :)

This is Dermot.
    He is GIGANTIC...not a "fat" cat, but super long. He has the ability to stand on his hind legs, put his front paws on the kitchen counter, and look around to see what I'm doing up there.
    He has head "issues"...the vet wouldnt go as far to say he is mentally handicapped in some way, but we believe that to be the case. He constantly sways his head side to side; especially when over-stimulated (kinda like Stevie Wonder...infact his name was almost Stevie). He never lays straight; he is always pimped out to one side, he sometimes runs into things...I have my own suspicions of what it might be, but he is a functional, extremely happy cat and I love him to death!
    023.jpg
    photo-1.jpg

This is Fiona.
    The thing everyone loves most about her is that she retrieves like a dog. She LOVES to play, and even though she is getting older (6) she still runs around and acts just like a kitten. Fiona was a really scared little kitten when I got her. She was part of a bunch of kittens found in a barn, and they think the mother cat was killed because she disappeared one day. Fiona was too little for me to bring home for a few weeks, so I would go and visit her before they let me take her. She did not like people and would hide when anyone was around--even me at first. I was worried and the vet just encouraged me to "force" my love on her, and eventually, little by little, she came around. Now she is the biggest attention whore!! :lol: Anyone that comes over (especially men) she is ALL over them! She's got a really sweet little meow that I love anytime except when I am trying to go to sleep. She literally cries IN MY FACE every night in bed, I spend some time petting her and playing with her and then eventually I have to pretend to be asleep (and literally hide my hands or she will use them to pet herself) and only then will she will finally leave me alone!

photo-2.jpg
    fionabalcony.jpg

This is the "rag basket" they took over in the utility closet..its a wire basket attached to the wall. As you can see, I ended up padding it with kitty blankets and it was their favorite place before they ripped it out of the wall :lol::lol:
    100_0236-1.jpg

Thats probably enough pictures for now... ha ha :)
    Makes much more sense...

• Options
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA