~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    Well, she’s not a demogorgon...is she!?!
    You would have to consult Stranger Things people to know that. Perhaps K or DK. :wink:
    I AM a Stranger Things person!
    Or you! (Did not know!) :kiss:
    “I’m an enigma” =)
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Pets, please....

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ask (cutely), and ye shall receive. 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,765
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    You would have to consult Stranger Things people to know that. Perhaps K or DK. :wink:
    I AM a Strange person!
    ^^^Seriously? Over a day and nobody corrected you?  ;)
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Should I take this as our home isn't warm enough?

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    I AM a Strange person!
    We know her well :lol:

*edited to say I really fucked that up

(yes, I am laughing...and may or may not be somewhat baked)
    Post edited by hedonist on
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    I AM a Strange person!
    We know her well :lol:

*edited to say I really fucked that up

(yes, I am laughing...and may or may not be somewhat baked)
    Some things do go without saying! :rofl:
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    Dark star twinkle toes the problem kitty is starting to rub on me every evening looking for rubs. 

How far this cat has come!
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Dark star twinkle toes the problem kitty is starting to rub on me every evening looking for rubs. 

When they finally learn to trust... :smile:
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    deadendp said:

When they finally learn to trust... :smile:
    Or realize who is the provider of rubs ;)
  • Options
    Everything happened so fast last night...a stroke, seizures?  Don't know, but her quality of life was fucked within an hour and we had to say goodbye our girl.  She was 15.

George knows something's up and that we're hurting, and he's confused.  Can't explain it to him but he's getting a whole lot of love from us this morning.

RIP, my lovely Beans.

And thank you to the kind emergency staff and vet who saw us through to the end.

• Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    hedonist said:
    Everything happened so fast last night...a stroke, seizures?  Don't know, but her quality of life was fucked within an hour and we had to say goodbye our girl.  She was 15.

George knows something's up and that we're hurting, and he's confused.  Can't explain it to him but he's getting a whole lot of love from us this morning.

RIP, my lovely Beans.

And thank you to the kind emergency staff and vet who saw us through to the end.

I am so sorry. She was beautiful. I have been there a few times. I am sure she knew she was loved. You did the right thing if she was suffering. Quality of life is everything. Be there for George. They definitely know. When my Nico passed, Tristan kept looking everywhere for her. That made me cry the most. Tristan is such a social cat, I didn't want him to be alone for too long. After some time had passed I brought in Daisy, and now they now inseparable. But it takes time. He will heal, so will you. RIP Beans.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    If there is any order to the afterworld, Beans will find Molly on the other side of the rainbow bridge, and they will get lit on some far-out catnip and fuck shit up!

Love to you, Jedi. I am so sorry for this devastating turn of events. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    I'm so sorry Hedonist. Beans looks like she was such a sweet and spunky girl! These little ones bring so much joy into our lives. It is truly heartbreaking to let them go.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    hedonist said:

RIP, my lovely Beans.

Crying for you my friend. Lots o' kitsons to greet Beans for sure. But...my heart breaks for you. Hugs to you and D. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    hedonist said:

RIP, my lovely Beans.

So sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Pets, please....

Ur kitty is Soooo cute.
  • Options
    Thank you for the kind words. It’s a tough day here but we’re finding little smiles through the tears. 
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    hedonist said:
    Thank you for the kind words. It’s a tough day here but we’re finding little smiles through the tears. 

So sorry to hear that you had to say good-bye to your sweet and gorgeous Beans.  These fur children bring us so much love, laughs and joy ... so lucky to have them, but so heart-breaking to say good-bye.  Thinking of you - hearts & thoughts.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    hedonist said:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Beans sure looks like a sweetheart. The quality of life decision is still so tough, even when you know it is the right one to make.

April 2020 has not been kind to the kitty thread.
  • Options
    Thanks, you two. I’ve always thought that going into it, we know our pets will likely die during our lifetime. It’s just part of the deal. But the lifetime itself? So much love and bonding on both sides. Seems in poor taste to say it’s worth it, but I think it is. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:

RIP, my lovely Beans.

My heart goes out to you.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Beans sounded like a wonderful friend.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    hedonist said:

RIP, my lovely Beans.

Oh no, i'm so sorry . RIP Beans. 15 years old is a good life for a cat though, i think
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Thanks - she got as good as she gave. We were lucky to have known her plucky yet elegant self :)
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
    RIP Beans... 
  • Options
     This is 'Cedo (aka "cry baby"---cuz he was the most "vocal" kitten when he was a baby)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    hedonist said:

RIP, my lovely Beans.

So sorry, Hedonist.  
    That happened to one of my cats years ago... stroke.
    Be well<3
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options

• Options
    “It’s time for dinner.  Get in here!”

• Options
     our Blackie in the afternoon