~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dankind said:
    That’s my pillow. :angry:

Everything in the house belongs to them. 

Everygoddamn thing. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Happy 'gotcha' day to my sweet Juniper McCready.  Lucky to have you.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
    I think pets are among our saving graces these days.

Hiya, Juniper!  I love the leash action.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Window open. Sirens going. What in the hell is that? Not a happy Leia. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    As long as there’s no puffy tail!
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    I wonder if Juniper and Lulu (our cat) are related somehow.  Lulu has a purple collar too!

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I wonder if Juniper and Lulu (our cat) are related somehow.  Lulu has a purple collar too!

Lulu is so pretty ... and so very elegant.  (Juniper is a bit of a lovable clutz).
    So glad to have these fur children to keep us company during these crazy times.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."

Ah so this is what a guest bed is for!

Ah so this is what a guest bed is for!

"Well...no one was using it..."
    I may have run out of things to watch on TV, but Lulu has not.

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Weekends best March 28-29 Tigers midwives Pearl Jam and The
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    We all know who Tempo is dressing as for Halloween!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory

I will not take credit for this.  Found it on Twitter.  New @tempo_n_groove would approve.  :smiley:  
    "Here comes the sun.  Do do do do."

deadendp said:

I will not take credit for this.  Found it on Twitter.  New @tempo_n_groove would approve.  :smiley:  
    lol
    We all know who Tempo is dressing as for Halloween!
    Too many others might be doing it.  Maybe for Comicon I will though!
    So we have 3 cats.  Newest edition, Darkstart Twinkle toes as she is aptly named for her extra toes and being a polydactyl, was a problem kitten and had been in 3 other homes before ours.  Well she has come around for the good and is very happy in our home.

She was very skittish when she first arrived, always hiding.  She now seeks belly rubs and petting when she wants it.

Something else she has started doing is coming to greet me when I am out of the shower.  Why?  No idea but that is "our time" in the morning.  

She greets me at the door after i open it and comes right in chatty and wanting some rubs.  I think she knows that she gets fed after i'm done in the shower but I prefer to think that she wants to say hello, lol.

I wondered if she got this behavior from watching Zoe Lovelight, one of our older cats.  In the morning when I sit in my chair she will come running from wherever she is at to get some pets as I put my socks and shoes on.

Zapa, AKA Captain beepop, aka Captain cuddles, gets his "me" time when I am going to bed.  When the covers are on me he jumps up and wrests himself upon my chest and purrrrrs away.

Creatures of habit I tell ya!

Any other "me time" rituals you have with your cats?
    My cat, Buford, of 13 years (found as an adult stray) took his last ride yesterday. I must admit, if was FAR tougher than I ever imagined it would be. Generally, I am able to deal with that sort of thing really well. He was such a good cat and a terrific friend.

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    My cat, Buford, of 13 years (found as an adult stray) took his last ride yesterday. I must admit, if was FAR tougher than I ever imagined it would be. Generally, I am able to deal with that sort of thing really well. He was such a good cat and a terrific friend.

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!
    I’m so sorry to hear that.  It sounds like Buford is a great friend.
    edited April 2020

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!
    Buford sounds like a great cat!

Sorry for the loss...
    I'm so sorry about Buford (great name, by the way).

tempo - Beans, one of our two, goes into the bathroom when my husband showers.  If the door is shut, she'll scratch at it until she's appeased.  She just wants to watch him (and she's fixated by water).

She also follows me to bed, sniffs my face for a few, then sleeps above my head.
    Thanks, gang! I always fancied myself more of a dog person, so I was a bit shocked at the effect it had on me. 

Okay, back to the good fun cat stuff!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!

:disappointed: I'm sorry for your loss.
    Mine just turned 13. I've had her for 12 years. She's still relatively the same as I got her. Still pretty playful, although she may have lost a step or two. Also relatively healthy (minus the diabetes she has)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!
    Oh no so sorry to hear that! It's never easy losing our little furry friends, especially at a time like this. I lost my Sashi cat this past summer and Gizzymo last month. It sucks. Sorry Chris, that truly is a big Boooooo! 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416

Boo! Really big BOOO!!!
    Sorry to hear that, man! I am sure you gave Buford the best life and he did the same for you. Nothing can take away those times!
    Thanks, lady and gents. Ultimately, he was a rescue and he got to enjoy many years he otherwise may not have got to enjoy. In turn, his passing will likely lead to the adoption of another kitten or puppy, so there is that to be said. I'm okay now. A solid 40 hours of being a mopey baby, but I'm all good now.  ;)

Dave, yours has a great cat dad to help her with the diagnosis. Thanks for the kind words.

Haunting, what a tough year! I'm sorry to learn about BOTH losses. That's just brutal. 

Dyer, thanks bud. He was my Cubs (and Notre Dame, until I would scream at the tv) watching buddy. 
    "Here comes the sun.  Do do do do."

heart emoji