~ The Kitty Thread!! ~ Take 2!

Comments

• Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
     'Cedo in the afternoon...
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    hedonist said:
    Everything happened so fast last night...a stroke, seizures?  Don't know, but her quality of life was fucked within an hour and we had to say goodbye our girl.  She was 15.

George knows something's up and that we're hurting, and he's confused.  Can't explain it to him but he's getting a whole lot of love from us this morning.

RIP, my lovely Beans.

And thank you to the kind emergency staff and vet who saw us through to the end.

Just seeing this now, Hedo.  I'm so sorry for your loss.  Best wishes to you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Thank you, Brian. 
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

"Mom stole my sun."
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    “If only I could move myself a few feet to regain it.”
  • Options
    Pretty greens, by the way. Leia doesn’t mess with them?
  • Options
    edited April 2020

Sun is gone. She isn't happy. I did move her over a bit before it went. 

She thought about playing in the peppers. We told her no. 
    Post edited by deadendp on
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    I'm so sorry, hedonist. Your sweet kitty knew what it meant to be truly loved. Always remember that. 
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudeman said:
    I'm so sorry, hedonist. Your sweet kitty knew what it meant to be truly loved. Always remember that. 
    We do...and we did as well.  Thank you :)
  • Options
    Our boy has been a bit blue and missing his friend, so we got him a big container of catnip and a new tree.

Nip nirvana right here. 

• Options
    hedonist said:
    Our boy has been a bit blue and missing his friend, so we got him a big container of catnip and a new tree.

Nip nirvana right here. 

:scratches the belly:

A happy boy. :smile:
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,876
    Here is my big guy enjoying his catnip as well. Blissful for sure. 

• Options
    You have a big guy too? I ordered a couple “Da Bird”s for him. He could use the additional exercise and fun.

Jackson Galaxy recommends them, and ours are usually destroyed in under two months :lol:
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    You have a big guy too? I ordered a couple “Da Bird”s for him. He could use the additional exercise and fun.

Jackson Galaxy recommends them, and ours are usually destroyed in under two months :lol:
    He likes those bird toys as well. He is a large boned big cat. His paws are huge. At one point he got up to 18 pounds which was too much for him. The vet wanted him to be around 14 pounds. We put him on a diet and I exercised him a lot. So now he is down to 14 pounds or so. But he is still a big cat just because of his body type and size. Huge for a Siamese mix. My other cat is a petite 6 pounds. But she can hold her own with him. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Pets time!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    Anxiously waiting to be fed...

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    Ahhhh, I needed that :)

George is acclimating to life without his playmate.  Setting his own routines, continuing some of hers.  It's sweet.

And I'm still looking for kittens!
  • Options
    hedonist said:

George is acclimating to life without his playmate.  Setting his own routines, continuing some of hers.  It's sweet.

Kittens?! 
  • Options

While I am doing all the work, this is what is next to me. They are very distracting in their cuteness. 
  • Options
    Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,502
    MF117973 said:

While I am doing all the work, this is what is next to me. They are very distracting in their cuteness. 
    Such a tough life for them.  Their food and water are prepared for them.  Bathroom cleaned daily.  Must be exhausting for them.
    I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Kittens?! 
    Once we can go visit some and meet “the “one”, yes!  It’ll be good for all three of us :)
  • Options
    MF117973 said:

Such a tough life for them.  Their food and water are prepared for them.  Bathroom cleaned daily.  Must be exhausting for them.
    Not to mention receiving belly rubs on demand. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Kittens?! 
    Once we can go visit some and meet “the “one”, yes!  It’ll be good for all three of us :)
    Thought you were going for more than one kitten. :lol:
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    hedonist said:
    MF117973 said:

Not to mention receiving belly rubs on demand. 
    My darker cat loves belly rubs. He rolls right over. He also likes when I touch his little paw pads. He squeezes my finger. The lighter one hates to have her belly or her paws touched. If I try to touch her paws she yanks them away. Cutting her claws is a chore. But she loves to have her tail pulled. Little weirdo.

Post edited by GlowGirl on
  • Options
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Kittens?! 
    We grandfathered in Georgie but now per our condo rules, we’re not allowed to have more than one. Blasphemy! No one will be the wiser :no_mouth:

MF, you cut their claws? We’ve never done that, and luckily our boy uses the scratchers. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Kittens?! 
    We grandfathered in Georgie but now per our condo rules, we’re not allowed to have more than one. Blasphemy! No one will be the wiser :no_mouth:

MF, you cut their claws? We’ve never done that, and luckily our boy uses the scratchers. 
    Leia uses a scratching post, but we still have to trim because it doesn't get her thumbs. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:
    hedonist said:

Kittens?! 

Yes. They scratch on their scratching posts, but if I don't trim the ends occasionally they turn into sharp little needles that snag on everything including my clothes. I just do a trim every few months to blunt the sharp ends. They get a little squirmy, but they generally let me do it. Of course, right when I finish they run over to the scratching post, or start scritching the carpet. But so far I have been lucky that they leave the furniture alone. My friend's cat decided that the armrest of her couch would be an excellent place to practice her shredding skills. 

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Supercat!
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Sharing this with you cat people, cuz I think you will appreciate it. I ordered a watercolour painting of my sweet Juniper from an artist on Etsy.  She sent me this preview. I LOVE it!

"Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."