LOST: Season 5

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713

Anybody else wonder if the magnetic force removed the bullet from Sayid? :ugeek:
    I thought about that, but that would only cause further damage and ensure his death.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,684
    yeah, thats a good thought but it seemed as though the big crisis was the excessive bleeding going on. If the bullet were sucked out by the magnet, the bleeding would probably have gotten much worse.
  • Sorry if this is mentioned before but I was thinking about Jacob's flashbacks and it showing him with people from 815. I thought it was interesting that for 3 of them he met them when they were little perhaps "marking" them as part of the overall "game" that he and non-Jacob (can't use The Man in Black as we all know that's the Dread Pirate Roberts) are playing. The other two (hurley and sayid) he did after they had gotten off the island.

I want to re-watch the epsiode i think in season 2 where ben gives nathan the list of people to take from the camp because wasn't it just these 5?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    fowls wrote:
    It'd be kinda cool if the other guy with Jacob at the beginning of the episode was the real Henry Gale. I know that's a speculation without the slightest bit of evidence, but I want to put it out there in case I can salvage some bragging points if it comes true. :D

Nope

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Henry_Gale
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Poncier wrote:
    Anybody else wonder if the magnetic force removed the bullet from Sayid? :ugeek:
    I thought about that, but that would only cause further damage and ensure his death.
    Well, I didn't expect him to be saved that way. I was afraid it would be like the guy who was killed by his tooth filling a few weeks ago. :shock:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Sorry if this is mentioned before but I was thinking about Jacob's flashbacks and it showing him with people from 815. I thought it was interesting that for 3 of them he met them when they were little perhaps "marking" them as part of the overall "game" that he and non-Jacob (can't use The Man in Black as we all know that's the Dread Pirate Roberts) are playing. The other two (hurley and sayid) he did after they had gotten off the island.

I want to re-watch the epsiode i think in season 2 where ben gives nathan the list of people to take from the camp because wasn't it just these 5?
    :? Do you mean Ethan? Or are you talking about when Ben told Michael to bring back Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley? That would leave out Sayid but good catch anyway.

I'm still not sure what his visits might mean. If the bomb was successful, will they all get a chance to do their lives over and not make the same mistakes?
    Sorry if this is mentioned before but I was thinking about Jacob's flashbacks and it showing him with people from 815. I thought it was interesting that for 3 of them he met them when they were little perhaps "marking" them as part of the overall "game" that he and non-Jacob (can't use The Man in Black as we all know that's the Dread Pirate Roberts) are playing. The other two (hurley and sayid) he did after they had gotten off the island.

:? Do you mean Ethan? Or are you talking about when Ben told Michael to bring back Jack, Kate, Sawyer, and Hurley? That would leave out Sayid but good catch anyway.

I'm still not sure what his visits might mean. If the bomb was successful, will they all get a chance to do their lives over and not make the same mistakes?

Sayid was not on the list. The question is which side made the list. Is Jacob trying to test them to see if they can overcome the evil?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    i have a feeling next season we go back to the eyes opening, only this time it'll be the left eye instead of the right one
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,713
    So what kind of breakfast is Jacob having?
    I'm no fishmonger, but could it be a red herring?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpNJyP23e_0
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    My Mrs is having to watch Lost Season 5 as, well basically she doesn't have any choice.

I have followed it from day one. I promised her it would all make sense by the end of the fifth season. I have now said it will all become clear come the end of season six....

It's very weird and confusing. But I have devoted so many hours to watching it now, I can't turn off....can I? :?
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    icemanap wrote:
    My Mrs is having to watch Lost Season 5 as, well basically she doesn't have any choice.

I have followed it from day one. I promised her it would all make sense by the end of the fifth season. I have now said it will all become clear come the end of season six....

It's very weird and confusing. But I have devoted so many hours to watching it now, I can't turn off....can I? :?

In order for you to understand anything in S05 you need to watch the previous 4 seasons, S06 will probably just leave her more confused.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Can't agree with you more. I have to keep pausing it and say 'so and so was in series 2' and 'he did this in series 3 and that applies now'.

I have watched them all. Still confused though!
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    "Lost" bringing back characters from 1st season

2 hours, 10 minutes ago

By James Hibberd

SAN DIEGO (Hollywood Reporter) - The characters Juliet Burke (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Daniel Faraday (Jeremy Davies) will be back on ABC's "Lost" next year, along with several other characters who haven't been seen since the first season, producers said over the weekend during a panel presentation at the Comic-Con convention.

The revelation confirms reports that suggested a "Lost" reunion of sorts for the final season. In May's finale, the castaways detonated a bomb on the mysterious island in hopes of resetting the last several years of their lives.

The news was among a scant few tidbits dropped during a well-produced hour in San Diego that featured several new mock ads and parody shorts, but no new video from the final season.

"There's a good chance you'll be seeing many characters you haven't seen since the first season again," said executive producer Damon Lindelof.

The final season, producers said, will in some ways resemble the first.

"(In the first season, the characters) were running around the jungle, things felt intense and surprising and (there was) the emotional discovery about the characters," said executive producer Carlton Cuse. "We have a way that we're going to be able to do that in the final season too."

Yet fans shouldn't think that any sort of narrative reboot will invalidate everything that's already happened, "because that would be a real big cheat," said Jorge Garcia, who plays Hugo on the show.

"Just trust us," reassured Cuse.

The show will also employ a new narrative device that's unique to the final season.

"The time-travel season is over, the flash-forward season is over," Lindelof said. "We're going to do something different."

As for lingering mysteries about the show's story, "everything that matters we're gonna answer," assured Lindelof.

Fans camped overnight to see the "Lost" panel at Comic-Con, which occupied the pop-culture convention's largest ballroom, usually reserved for presentations on major summer movies.

Other news from the panel:

* The matter of the mysterious Dharma food drops will be solved ... but there won't be much about the Dharma Initiative in the final season.

* Asked if the mysterious Jacob has ever appeared as any other character in the series, Lindelof said "no."

(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Lots of things to discuss! Glad to hear that the time shifts are over. Those nose bleeds were killing me! ;):lol:

Found a few more things to help occupy us until Lost returns next year:

Mysteries of the Universe is like recently discovered episodes of an 80s TV show and will have background info on the Dharma Initiative:
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index? ... steries&v2

Wow, there's a Lost University! I can't wait to enroll! Go Fighting Polar Bears!
    http://lostuniversity.org/index.php

Also, my favorite Lost blog The Ack Attack! posts a Daily Dose of Lost which is good for a laugh and keeps you looking forward to Season 6.
    http://www.theackattack.net/

Best of all, Ack recently took a vacation to Oahu and was treated to a behind the scenes tour of Lost locations. She just posted her vacation photos along with screen shots from different episodes and it's really pretty cool.
    http://www.theackattack.net/?p=659
  • Red_DotRed_Dot Posts: 1,454
    Any news of when the last season will air?
    Take me for a ride before we leave...
    January I think.
  • spencer958spencer958 Posts: 279
    I also heard that the last season will deal with alternate realities in some way. Something about Hurley being the CEO the the Chicken fast food chain. Any theories??
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    spencer958 wrote:
    I also heard that the last season will deal with alternate realities in some way. Something about Hurley being the CEO the the Chicken fast food chain. Any theories??

Sounds like one of the fun vignettes which were played during the LOST forum at ComicCon... all were pretty funny and I'm sure with little or no impact or insight into the last season of LOST.

QUOTE from IGN.com: Along with fan made videos documenting lost parties and Brokeback Mountain parodies featuring Jack and Sawyer, there were fake commercials for Lost University (LostUniversity.org), Mr. Clucks Chicken featuring the owner Hugo Reyes and a new opening credit sequence for Lost featuring the song from a group of contest winners that ended with a freeze frame on Hurley plowing into one of The Others with the Island van and the caption "LOST."
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    OK, I'm reposting my post from a coupla days ago!
    Found a few more things to help occupy us until Lost returns next year:

Mysteries of the Universe is like recently discovered episodes of an 80s TV show and will have background info on the Dharma Initiative:
    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index? ... steries&v2

Wow, there's a Lost University! I can't wait to enroll! Go Fighting Polar Bears!
    http://lostuniversity.org/index.php
    One of the courses is LAN 101: Foreign Languages for Beginners. Think maybe I can learn Latin? :lol:
    Also, my favorite Lost blog The Ack Attack! posts a Daily Dose of Lost which is good for a laugh and keeps you looking forward to Season 6.
    http://www.theackattack.net/
    She also posts other updates and funny stuff, including a clip from Comic-Con of Richard, looking like he's applying some MANscara! :shock: Busted!
    Best of all, Ack recently took a vacation to Oahu and was treated to a behind the scenes tour of Lost locations. She just posted her vacation photos along with screen shots from different episodes and it's really pretty cool.
    http://www.theackattack.net/?p=659
    Nifty little bits of information, such as Hurley's psychiatric hospital is actually a community college and those cottages at Dharmaville are a YMCA camp. 8-)
    chromiam wrote:
    spencer958 wrote:

Sounds like one of the fun vignettes which were played during the LOST forum at ComicCon... all were pretty funny and I'm sure with little or no impact or insight into the last season of LOST.

QUOTE from IGN.com: Along with fan made videos documenting lost parties and Brokeback Mountain parodies featuring Jack and Sawyer, there were fake commercials for Lost University (LostUniversity.org), Mr. Clucks Chicken featuring the owner Hugo Reyes and a new opening credit sequence for Lost featuring the song from a group of contest winners that ended with a freeze frame on Hurley plowing into one of The Others with the Island van and the caption "LOST."
    Would I love to see that. :lol:
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    chromiam wrote:
    spencer958 wrote:

wouldn't be surprised if it is on YouTube at some point... or is already

yep it is.. enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0E1s9CFnG4
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    spencer958 wrote:

Well it could be that the Oceanic does land in LA. Hurley is back from Australia and Oceanic (the other video which says that they have a perfect flying record) would not have a plane down if those events did not happen. Where those official or from fans?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    chromiam wrote:
    chromiam wrote:

wouldn't be surprised if it is on YouTube at some point... or is already

yep it is.. enjoy... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0E1s9CFnG4
    EPIC! I guess Jack was the last one to notice how hot Sawyer is. :lol:
  • Those fuckers still on the Island????
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Those fuckers still on the Island????
    Which island??? :twisted:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Lost's Final Season Breakup
    Winter Olympics to ruin everything.

October 26, 2009 - For those of you who were hoping for a fairly seamless run through for Lost's final season (similar to the way Season 5 ran with almost no breaks), you're out of luck. According to Abramsology.com, Lost's 6th season is going to be broken up.

According to executive producer Cartlon Cuse, ABC will air the first few episodes in January and then take a time out for the Winter Olympics. The Olympics aren't even airing on ABC, but Lost will still take a break and resume the season in early March.
    Damn Olympics.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    That sucks.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • ~2 MONTHS!!!

:mrgreen:

are you ready to welcome back all the former LOSTIES?

:twisted:
  • ~2 MONTHS!!!

:mrgreen:

are you ready to welcome back all the former LOSTIES?

:twisted:
    HELLS YES :!: :!: :!: :!:

I've been getting my Lost fix by watching old episodes in syndication on one of the local channels. :ugeek:
    It was pretty cool up through S2 but when it got to S3 it got completely screwed up! :wtf:
    They showed episodes out of order and skipped some episodes altogether. I couldn't figure out why things were moving so fast with Jack, Kate, and Sawyer captured by the Others. And back with our crash survivors, they had Mr. Eko's funeral before he was killed. :crazy:
    On the plus side, they skipped the lame episode about how Jack got his tattoos. :yawn:

It's kind of fun to go back and watch some of the old ones at this stage and pick up on little details that never mattered before. Like when Sun takes a pregnancy test, the box is marked Widmore Labs. :think:

And it's pretty cool seeing some of those WTF moments over again. Last weekend I watched the one that showed Benry's childhood and how they killed all the members of the Dharma Initiative. The only person Ben seemed to be affected by was Horace; he closed Horace's eyes when he saw his body. That was also the episode where Locke pretty much took over things with the Others, bringing back his father's body and dumping it at Ben's feet, beating up Mikhail when he questioned him, forcing Ben to take him to see Jacob, and accusing Ben of lying about Jacob. Ben shooting Locke and throwing him in the pit with the bodies was another one of those things I didn't see coming.

Lost, you are my favorite show, please stay the way you are till the very end. :D :thumbup:
  • i've been very very slow in my catching up b/c my LOST watching buddy & i are on different schedules. we should be finishing up on Season 1 tonight, but i have a feeling i might need to start doing some independant viewings so i can be ready for the last season

it's been so fun to see it again from the beginning with the perspective of their "future"