LOST: Season 5

Comments

• tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Jacob dying might mean that Whitmore and Eloise can return, and probably means that Ben is supposed to/'can' be there again. They (Whitmore and Eloise) may have been working toward this as their plan?

Sayid is the skeleton in the Dharma van found in 2004?
    The uniform of the skeleton in 2004 said Roger on it.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,684
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Jacob dying might mean that Whitmore and Eloise can return, and probably means that Ben is supposed to/'can' be there again. They (Whitmore and Eloise) may have been working toward this as their plan?

Ah, thats right. I think the skeleton of horace was found in the pit full of skeletons.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    MayDay10 wrote:

....and it was from the timeline where Ben had the Dharma folks killed.....starting with dear ole' Dad.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    rrivers wrote:
    One thing lost does better than most shows is they are not afraid to kill someone off to move the story

This is mentioned so much here. I can think of a lot of shows that kill people off.

Hence "most" and not "all". "The Wire" was another show I liked where they had not probelme killing people. And not all shows are willing to kill off characters that are pretty major at the time. If they did kill Juliet and Sayid, that is a risk not a lot of shows take.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    Poncier wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:
    So Locke's still dead, Jacob's dead, and the island blew up. Great cliffhangers to discuss for 9 months.
    Don't forget who was that guy talking to Jacob in the opening and how did he look like Locke? Also, if he had the ability to look like Locke, then was he also appearing as Christian?
    I'm going on the assumption that Jacob's "buddy" can take on the appearance of anyone who's body is on the island, and he was obviously Locke last night, and has been Christian in the past as well as Alex talking to Benry a couple of weeks ago, Yemmi and others who we've seen over the past 5 years.

So is his buddy the devil or Satan's Little Helper (Pit pun intended), and Jacob is an angel or something?
    And he can't kill Jacob himself, so had to enlist Benry to wield the knife.

And also...its one thing for this site to be down during ticket onsales, but damn crashing the morning after the Lost finale should never happen, Kat and Sea of all people should know this. :mrgreen:

I think Jacob and the other guy may be the classic good vs evil thing- Jacob had the free will vibe going where his rival was activly trying to force peoples actions.
    Solat13 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

And also...its one thing for this site to be down during ticket onsales, but damn crashing the morning after the Lost finale should never happen, Kat and Sea of all people should know this. :mrgreen:

Totally agree. ;)

I'm glad Phil met his demise last night, but I kinda wanted Sawyer to take him out instead of the electromagnetic field.

So who was the big death last night? I had read a couple of things on EW before the finale that a big death was going to be part of the episode or a major character. Was it Sayid, Juliet or finding out that Locke is really dead?

And if the bomb changed history, does that mean Jacob is still alive? Because if 815 crashes, Locke never gets to the island, never dies, never gets possessed and never convinces Ben to kill Jacob because Ben would have died in the explosion in 1977.

I have a feeling Miles may have been right when he said they were catually causing the "Incident" they have been trying to stop by using the Bomb.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    rrivers wrote:
    One thing lost does better than most shows is they are not afraid to kill someone off to move the story

This is mentioned so much here. I can think of a lot of shows that kill people off.

Hence "most" and not "all". "The Wire" was another show I liked where they had not probelme killing people. And not all shows are willing to kill off characters that are pretty major at the time. If they did kill Juliet and Sayid, that is a risk not a lot of shows take.

ER has killed characters. The West Wing, The Sopranos. People here act like Lost is the only show to ever kill a character, and they have killed characters that are peripheral, ie Shannon, Boone, Charlie. Not main ie Jack, Kate, Ben... They killed Locke, but he's still in the show so it doesn't really count.

I know these shows are dated, but I don't watch any other new shows outside of Lost.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Do you think Aaron is the second coming of Jacob??

Back in Season 2, I think, wasn't Claire in her dream sequence, the mother Mary?
    GoiMTvP.gif
    Do you think Aaron is the second coming of Jacob??

Back in Season 2, I think, wasn't Claire in her dream sequence, the mother Mary?
    I think Aaron and Desmond will both have roles to play
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    It'd be kinda cool if the other guy with Jacob at the beginning of the episode was the real Henry Gale. I know that's a speculation without the slightest bit of evidence, but I want to put it out there in case I can salvage some bragging points if it comes true. :D
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Wonder at the end if the bomb went off or it was actually a "time warp" flash that will throw them into another place in time. There was no explosion, just a flash...which could bring Juliet and jacob back. And sayid didn't actually die yet, right.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    Yeah, we won't actually know if the bomb went off until the start of next season. The other dude at the beginning is probably smokey, or the "man in black" obviously the opposite of jacob or the "man in white"
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715
    lockebackgammon.jpg

lostlightdark.jpg
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    nice pics, ponce. weren't locke's eyes two different colors at one point in season one, too? i need to rewatch everything when this is all over.
    Locke's backgammon speech to Walt in the pilot seems to connect to the season 5 finale...so did they plan that back then or just rewatch and tie it in now?
    Poncier wrote:
    Locke's backgammon speech to Walt in the pilot seems to connect to the season 5 finale...so did they plan that back then or just rewatch and tie it in now?

From what it looks like- each season is a mirror of another- 3 vs 4, 2 vs 5, and it will be 1 vs 6.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Yeah, from what I gather they have the big storyarc which they've had from the beginning and have peppered the other seasons with hints and clues, but to a certain extent the character stories are written as they go along. Each season would be pretty easy to sum up in a few storyboards, so I guess it's really down to the scriptwriters to put in all the clues and finer touches.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996
    Poncier wrote:

The producers have always said that all you ever need to know about the show is contained in the pilot. So I'm thinking this has been planned all along.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    Solat13 wrote:

The producers have always said that all you ever need to know about the show is contained in the pilot. So I'm thinking this has been planned all along.
    So Lapidus has all the answers? :mrgreen:
  • jervin007jervin007 Posts: 3,182
    I read that Juliet was going to die at the end of the season because she's got a new series in the works...allegedly... :?

Really lame that this was posted a month ago.
    PJ:
    2003 Mansfield: July 2
    2004 Boston: Sept 28 & 29
    2005 Montreal: Sept 15
    2006 Boston: May 24 & 25
    2008 Hartford: June 27, Mansfield: June 28,
    2010 Boston: May 17
    2013 Worcester: Oct 15, Hartford: Oct 25,
    2016 Hampton: April 18, Raleigh: April 20 (cancelled), Columbia: April 21. Quebec: May 5. Boston (Fenway): August 7

EV Solo: Boston 8/2/08, Boston 6/16/11
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    nfanel wrote:
    nice pics, ponce. weren't locke's eyes two different colors at one point in season one, too? i need to rewatch everything when this is all over.

It was in Claire's dream.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    not sure if this was mentioned already, but if we're saying that the dude in the beginning with jacob is really the smoke monster, then i think he morphed himself into locke, the locke that had ben kill jacob, and the real locke is really dead.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,867
    http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2009/05/thi ... zek69.html

scroll down and read this persons theory

long read but interesting
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Solat13 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

In the new Entertainment Weekly, with Terminator on the cover, they mention that the last season will resemble season 1 the most.

Looking forward to it!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Solat13 wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

The black and white theme has been repeated a lot throughout the show. It's surprising Vincent isn't a Dalmation. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
    Poncier wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

He may be a candidate! :ugeek:
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Poncier wrote:
    Solat13 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    jervin007 wrote:
    I read that Juliet was going to die at the end of the season because she's got a new series in the works...allegedly... :?

Yeah, but there's a chance that she might still be in the next season. I was reading an article on ign and it said that the new series she's in only got picked up for six episodes.
    jervin007 wrote:

Yeah, but there's a chance that she might still be in the next season. I was reading an article on ign and it said that the new series she's in only got picked up for six episodes.

And with this show, one never truly knows. Probably why they did not show her an Sayid dead at the end. Keep everyone guessing.
    OK, wouldn't that qualify as a spoiler? :roll: ;) :P
    And with this show, one never truly knows. Probably why they did not show her an Sayid dead at the end. Keep everyone guessing.
    I'm still wondering how Juliet survived the fall down that pit. That looked like quite a drop to me. :shock:

Anybody else wonder if the magnetic force removed the bullet from Sayid? :ugeek:

The only person I'm really sure is dead is Locke. When they started to show what was in the box on the beach it reminded me of the scene of at the funeral home with Locke's coffin and I thought, geez, what if it's Locke's body? Oops. :o

I didn't get to watch the finale for a couple of days but I liked it. It made up for weaknesses of the past season. Jack in particular surprised me by being decisive, knowing how to fire a gun, not screaming his head off, and not ONCE crying! I also enjoyed watching Sawyer beat the crap out of him. :twisted:

As for the Jack-Kate-Sawyer-Juliet quadrangle, as a former Skater I now find Jack and Kate both so annoying that I truly hope they get together and concentrate on just screwing up each other's lives instead of everyone else's.

I was a long time warming up to Juliet as a character but by now I liked her a lot and I guess she will be joining the list of characters that I really miss. :cry: Poor Sawyer, he kinda broke me up when he started sobbing. :cry: