LOST: Season 5

Comments

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,478
    Poncier wrote:
    WILSON!!!!!!!!

let me know when Ginger and MaryAnn show up.......
    tinaLouise27-IV-2008.jpg
    0_61_dawn_wells_320.jpg
    hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe....................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I was so happy to see Penny, Little Charlie, and Desmond still alive!

And in response to a prior post, I didn't say "Holy Schiznit." I did say "Holy Shit."

Is Daniel dead for good?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895

And in response to a prior post, I didn't say "Holy Schiznit." I did say "Holy Shit."

Is Daniel dead for good?

I am not sure about Daniel, but you know that after Desomnd said he promised he would never leave Penny, something is going to happen.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265

Is Daniel dead for good?

I am not sure about Daniel, but you know that after Desomnd said he promised he would never leave Penny, something is going to happen.

maybe Des & Penny are the Adam & Eve skeletons instead of Rose & Bernard?
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419

Is Daniel dead for good?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I want them to survive to a ripe old age. But then again who is to say the skeletons didn't last to a ripe old age?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    Is Daniel dead for good?
    Is anybody dead for good on this show? He could show up in flashbacks.

I will not miss Daniel all that much. I wouldn't say he was obnoxious, just a little too stereotypically weird scientist type. What did Sawyer call him, Twitchy?

After his speech to Jack about how any of them could die it was pretty clear somebody was gonna bite the dust. And although Lost has a way of bumping off major characters I didn't really expect him to kill Richard, who is too important to the story.

I'm starting to REALLY dislike Mrs. Hawking. :roll: :lol:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715

Maybe Des and Rose are Adam and Eve. :shock:
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Poncier wrote:

Maybe its Des and Bernard and their Adam and Adam :o:lol:
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    chromiam wrote:
    Poncier wrote:

Maybe its Des and Bernard and their Adam and Adam :o:lol:
    HELLS YES! It's about time we had some gay characters on this show! :twisted: :P ;):lol:
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    So is the season finale going to be a three hour thing? IGN has it listed that theres another clip show playing that day, but also it's listed that the last episode(s) will play.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Poncier wrote:
    Its kind of unfortunate that a moment like Widmore saying "he's my son too" which should have made us go "Holy Shiznit!!" only now makes us go "thats what I figured".

I agree. Unfortunately that's not the only unfortunate thing about where this show has gone. I was about four weeks behind and I just got caught up online. I watched the first couple of minutes of last week's recap show online and it really made me sad for how good this show used to be.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Anybody else really jonesing for this episode??
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Anybody else really jonesing for this episode??

I saw it last night with Carlton Cuse and a few hundred students at Ohio State. It's one of my favorites of the entire season, and sets up next's weeks finale perfectly. The last scene sent me into a WTF frenzy.
    I have to watch it again tonight.
    Anybody else really jonesing for this episode??

I saw it last night with Carlton Cuse and a few hundred students at Ohio State. It's one of my favorites of the entire season, and sets up next's weeks finale perfectly. The last scene sent me into a WTF frenzy.
    I have to watch it again tonight.

YOU SAW IT ?!?!

OMG You are freaking lucky! Did they do a Q&A?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Yes. There were about 30 students lined-up to ask all sorts of questions dealing with the show and the entertainment industry. He answered quite a few questions that are on the top of the list of hardcore fans, but also refused to answer others.
    He's a very cool guy.
    Yes. There were about 30 students lined-up to ask all sorts of questions dealing with the show and the entertainment industry. He answered quite a few questions that are on the top of the list of hardcore fans, but also refused to answer others.
    He's a very cool guy.

Was he an alum?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • No. He said he went to Harvard. He got a lot of jeers because they have the Dharma Initiative headquartered out of the University of Michigan. He said the only reason they did that was because they had a bunch of footage from the 70's of hippie protests on campus, so it was a natural choice.
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,375
    I really enjoy reading this thread by all of you....however LOST is only about 10% as good as it used to be. I watched Season 1 on DVD this past weekend just for fun and it was SOOOO good then, some episodes were actually scary and really left me thinking WTF....now, its just so boring. I have not missed an episode in all 5 seasons and that is the ONLY thing keeping me watching. They should have found a way to end it after season 3.

Peace
    I really enjoy reading this thread by all of you....however LOST is only about 10% as good as it used to be. I watched Season 1 on DVD this past weekend just for fun and it was SOOOO good then, some episodes were actually scary and really left me thinking WTF....now, its just so boring. I have not missed an episode in all 5 seasons and that is the ONLY thing keeping me watching. They should have found a way to end it after season 3.
    Interesting point.

A local TV station has been running the early shows in syndication on Saturday nights at midnight. It took me a while to figure it out and I didn't always want to stay up to watch it but when I did, WOW, what a treat. Seeing all these characters that aren't around anymore and seeing things that had happened ages ago . . . . I saw Walt trapped by the polar bear. When Locke and Boone found the drug smugglers' plane and Locke saw the light from the hatch. When Charlie killed Ethan. Then the episode where they finally got into the hatch and came face to face with Desmond.

Just a couple of weeks ago was the episode where Walt appeared to Shannon all dripping wet and talking backwards. Sayid tried to convince her it was a dream so she took Vincent and went looking for him. In the meantime, the Tailies were crossing the island to join up with the survivors on the beach. Sawyer's bullet wound became infected and he couldn't travel so Eko, Michael, and Jin were carrying him even though Ana-Lucia wanted to leave him behind. They had trouble lifting him up an embankment and when they finally got him up there they realized that one of their group, Cindy, was gone. All around them they could hear that whispering that meant the Others were near. In another part of the jungle it was raining and Sayid had caught up to Shannon and was trying to convince her to go back. Suddenly she saw Walt and this time Sayid saw him too! She ran after Walt and there was a gunshot. Sayid grabbed his stomach as if maybe he'd been shot then ran after Shannon. She staggered toward him bleeding and collapsed. Then we saw Ana-Lucia holding the gun and knew what had happened. And I thought, Man! Remember when Lost was exciting and did every kind of unexpected thing instead of just being weird? :shock: :D8-)
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    Interesting point.

A local TV station has been running the early shows in syndication on Saturday nights at midnight. It took me a while to figure it out and I didn't always want to stay up to watch it but when I did, WOW, what a treat. Seeing all these characters that aren't around anymore and seeing things that had happened ages ago . . . . I saw Walt trapped by the polar bear. When Locke and Boone found the drug smugglers' plane and Locke saw the light from the hatch. When Charlie killed Ethan. Then the episode where they finally got into the hatch and came face to face with Desmond.

Just a couple of weeks ago was the episode where Walt appeared to Shannon all dripping wet and talking backwards. Sayid tried to convince her it was a dream so she took Vincent and went looking for him. In the meantime, the Tailies were crossing the island to join up with the survivors on the beach. Sawyer's bullet wound became infected and he couldn't travel so Eko, Michael, and Jin were carrying him even though Ana-Lucia wanted to leave him behind. They had trouble lifting him up an embankment and when they finally got him up there they realized that one of their group, Cindy, was gone. All around them they could hear that whispering that meant the Others were near. In another part of the jungle it was raining and Sayid had caught up to Shannon and was trying to convince her to go back. Suddenly she saw Walt and this time Sayid saw him too! She ran after Walt and there was a gunshot. Sayid grabbed his stomach as if maybe he'd been shot then ran after Shannon. She staggered toward him bleeding and collapsed. Then we saw Ana-Lucia holding the gun and knew what had happened. And I thought, Man! Remember when Lost was exciting and did every kind of unexpected thing instead of just being weird? :shock: :D8-)

I agree with you both. I have tried to like this season, but I just can't. One of the Locke episodes was the only one that I enjoyed.

ofthegirl99, I am sticking with it for the same reason you are, just because I have come this far. A friend of mine was asking me about it the other day because he was thinking of joining Netflix to watch it and I told him not to get involved. It's not worth it.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I love this season. Okay, there isn't as much action but I love putting them back to dharma, thought it was a great way to explain those years whilst still advancing the storyline. As for it ending after series 3, no way! If anything, 2 and maybe 3 were my least favourite seasons. I like how Lost has a definitive story arc and isn't like the other tv shows which drag it out for as many series as possible til the viewing figures drop and they're forced to wind up the entire storyline in 2 episodes. Once all 6 series are done I reckon it'll hold really well as one continuous film, although it would be a tad long.

Looks like the season is pretty much winding up now to set the scene for the final season, awesome.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
    I thought Season 4 was pretty strong. This one has been mixed. But I'm sticking with it till the end now that I've come this far.
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    fowls wrote:
    Once all 6 series are done I reckon it'll hold really well as one continuous film, although it would be a tad long.

Do you think they'll eventually put it all together in the right order for us? That would be worth watching!
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    How do you kill an invisible man?
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    That's what I was wondering. I thought he was already dead - or at least not alive.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715
    Like this?
    This weekend we rock Portland

He's not invisible to Locke....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

chromiam wrote:

He's not invisible to Locke....

Exactly!! I have to disagree with the people who have not liked this season. It has been extremely strong throughout. Not the off the charts episodes that you would get once a season (however last night would qualify) but really consistent. Love the Dharma stuff and a lot of answers too.
    GoiMTvP.gif
    My thoughts on the "the show has gone downhill" comments are that its what happens when an engaging show starts to let you in on some of its secrets. The show has started to reveal itself and let you behind the curtain, so of course people are going to be alittle less interested when they know the answers. Plus, some people may not agree with the answers or the way in which they were arrived at. Honestly, I have enjoyed the turn the series has taken and evolved into.... and the way it has still stayed true to its original plot and character structures (Jack and Locke being foils, although now Jack being more a man of faith and belief and Locke wanting answers).

Admin

• pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    edited May 2009
    chromiam wrote:
    My thoughts on the "the show has gone downhill" comments are that its what happens when an engaging show starts to let you in on some of its secrets. The show has started to reveal itself and let you behind the curtain, so of course people are going to be alittle less interested when they know the answers. Plus, some people may not agree with the answers or the way in which they were arrived at. Honestly, I have enjoyed the turn the series has taken and evolved into.... and the way it has still stayed true to its original plot and character structures (Jack and Locke being foils, although now Jack being more a man of faith and belief and Locke wanting answers).

I agree, the show had to start giving answers at some point, and some people were going to be dissapointed with them. It takes away some of the mystery. If they were still on the island with no answers, the show would have died long ago. I like this season and last nights episode.
    Post edited by pjsteelerfan on
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...