LOST: Season 5

Comments

• rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    chromiam wrote:
    see that's the difference between you and me, I can wait for next season or even never to have those questions answered. It would be nice but it wouldn't take away from the way this show has engaged me and encouraged me to look into different scientific areas (whether real, imagined, or improbable) as a viewer over the years.

I'm glad that you enjoy the show and will enjoy it even if things aren't explained. I wish I could be like that.

If the big questions aren't answered it will really be lame. It's easy to show all these things happening on the island if you never have to go back and give a reason for it.

Here's to hoping that starting next week the show gets me back in it's corner.

Cheers.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    So, everybody, what do you think will happen in the season finale next week? I vote we start with the PREDICTIONS: :P :ugeek:

1. Jack will holler a lot as he tries to save the day and will shed tears at least once. :lol:
    2. Kate will be a pain in the ass and come close to ruining everything. :roll:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    So, everybody, what do you think will happen in the season finale next week? I vote we start with the PREDICTIONS: :P :ugeek:

1. Jack will holler a lot as he tries to save the day and will shed tears at least once. :lol:
    3.Saiyd will know how to make the big bomb go boom!!!
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Is the finale next week? I thought there were 18 episodes this season? :(
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    tybird wrote:

4. They will continue with the stupid Jake/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet love Issues
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715
    tybird wrote:

5. Hurley will say something funny, dude.
    6. Benry will have shifty, beady eyes.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • 57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
    I cracked up last week at this part:

Richard : I'm starting to think John Locke is going to be a prolbme.

Ben out the side of his mouth: Why do you think I tried to kill him.

That dude who plays Ben is so good at that character. I'll tell you what. The pocket watch totally confused me. Originally in John's present which was his 2004, Richard gave him the watch which was his present in 2007. After that, John gave Richard the watch in the 1950's. Last week, John said "You still have that watch I gave you in 195?." Richard still had it and then gave it to John.

How could richard have given it to John in the first place if he hadn't gotten it yet?
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    57Goldtop wrote:
    I cracked up last week at this part:

Richard : I'm starting to think John Locke is going to be a prolbme.

Ben out the side of his mouth: Why do you think I tried to kill him.

That dude who plays Ben is so good at that character. I'll tell you what. The pocket watch totally confused me. Originally in John's present which was his 2004, Richard gave him the watch which was his present in 2007. After that, John gave Richard the watch in the 1950's. Last week, John said "You still have that watch I gave you in 195?." Richard still had it and then gave it to John.

How could richard have given it to John in the first place if he hadn't gotten it yet?
    I'm going to try and explain it, but it seems to be a never ending cycle of re-gifting.
    Richard gave Locke the watch when he was going through time. So Richard gave the Locke that was shot the watch in 2007 and then he vanished and went to a new time zone. Now the Locke that was shot gives the watch to Richard in the 50's who then keeps it until 2007. In 2007 Locke takes Richard to the Locke that was shot and tells him to give him the watch. The Locke that was shot then goes back in time and gives the watch to Richard in the 50's.
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    What ever happened to Libby? Last time they showed her, she was in the same mental hospital as Hurley (in a flashback) and then we never hears about her again. She was the one who gave Desmong the boat. Have a feeling she is Widmore's daughter. Hope they revisit her story.
    Also, if Ben ends up gasing all of the Darma people later on, how does Ethan survive? Maybe the others take him as a baby (and we did not see it yet). And how was he able to be born on the island? He gives me the creeps...
    I love Ben, he is awesome! And originally was only signed on for 3 episodes. Can't imagine Lost without him!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
    What ever happened to Libby? Last time they showed her, she was in the same mental hospital as Hurley (in a flashback) and then we never hears about her again. She was the one who gave Desmong the boat. Have a feeling she is Widmore's daughter. Hope they revisit her story.
    Michael shot and killed her (and Ana-Lucia), then shot himself in the shoulder as part of his cover story before freeing Ben from the hatch at the end of Season 2. It was one of the all-time greatest WTF Lost moments.
    57Goldtop wrote:

I'm going to try and explain it, but it seems to be a never ending cycle of re-gifting.
    Richard gave Locke the watch when he was going through time. So Richard gave the Locke that was shot the watch in 2007 and then he vanished and went to a new time zone. Now the Locke that was shot gives the watch to Richard in the 50's who then keeps it until 2007. In 2007 Locke takes Richard to the Locke that was shot and tells him to give him the watch. The Locke that was shot then goes back in time and gives the watch to Richard in the 50's.
    It wasn't a watch. It was a compass. :ugeek: :roll: :P ;)
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    Michael shot and killed her (and Ana-Lucia), then shot himself in the shoulder as part of his cover story before freeing Ben from the hatch at the end of Season 2. It was one of the all-time greatest WTF Lost moments.
    I know she got shot - I just meant that they never went into her backstory about being in the mental institution. And she told everyone on the island she was a Phychatrist. I was also shocked when Michael shot her...
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
    I know she got shot - I just meant that they never went into her backstory about being in the mental institution. And she told everyone on the island she was a Phychatrist. I was also shocked when Michael shot her...
    She was probably in the hospital because the death of her husband made her depressed and possibly suicidal. Although, that brief clip we got leans more more towards she's crazy and killed him.
  • Solat13Solat13 Posts: 6,996

It's not really a spoiler, because I'm not revealing anything that happens on the show, but the producers have been interviewed a bunch about Libby and her backstory this year and said it's one of the casualties they had to make with losing a couple episodes last season because of the strike and that her story is done.

If anyone feels this is spoilerish, pm me and I'll delete it.
    - Busted down the pretext
    - 8/28/98
    - 9/2/00
    - 4/28/03, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/9/03, 7/11/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03
    - 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04
    - 9/11/05, 9/12/05, 9/13/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05
    - 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 7/22/06, 7/23/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06
    - 8/2/07, 8/5/07
    - 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 7/1/08
    - 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 9/21/09, 9/22/09, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    - 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/23/10, 10/24/10
    - 9/11/11, 9/12/11
    - 10/18/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 11/30/13, 12/4/13
    This might be considered a spoiler for tomorrows episode, but Rose and Bernard are in it according to imdb.
    Don't know if this was posted, but in Miles Episode from a few back- he was wearing an Ames bros shirt. They have some pics up at their site.
    It's not really a spoiler, because I'm not revealing anything that happens on the show, but the producers have been interviewed a bunch about Libby and her backstory this year and said it's one of the casualties they had to make with losing a couple episodes last season because of the strike and that her story is done.

If anyone feels this is spoilerish, pm me and I'll delete it.[/quote]

Yeah, I read about the Q & A Carlton Cuse gave at Ohio State (?) last week and there he said that Libby's story was done. Here's the write up:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40995
    This might be considered a spoiler for tomorrows episode, but Rose and Bernard are in it according to imdb.
    Hey, instead of a spoiler, get the finale PREDICTIONS started again and add it to that! :lol: :P ;)
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

7. Kate hooks up with Ben's Dad :shock:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    PREDICTIONS: :P :ugeek:

8. Someone will get killed and Miles the Ghost Whisperer will find out WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. :o
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,715

8. Someone will get killed and Miles the Ghost Whisperer will find out WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.
    9. A whole mess of new characters will be introduced, leaving us scratching our heads fro 9 months.
    This weekend we rock Portland

8. Someone will get killed and Miles the Ghost Whisperer will find out WHAT REALLY HAPPENED.
    9. A whole mess of new characters will be introduced, leaving us scratching our heads fro 9 months.
    10. Alpert will not have aged and look like he is wearing eye liner

11. Someone will get smacked in the face and bleed.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107

12. Bob Newhart will be a suprise guest
    GoiMTvP.gif

13. Speedy will post the question "Are they still on that island?"

13. Speedy will post the question "Are they still on that island?
    14. Most people on here will love the episode no matter how bad it is. :)
    Does anybody else think, that the explosion that destroyed the Swan Station in 2004, was caused by the bomb they're trying to detonate in the 70's? It makes sense if they don't succeed in detonating it.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Does anybody else think, that the explosion that destroyed the Swan Station in 2004, was caused by the bomb they're trying to detonate in the 70's? It makes sense if they don't succeed in detonating it.

I think that. But then again I get a lot of things wrong. I can't wait for tonight's show..it's 2 hours?
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    PREDICTIONS

13. Speedy will post the question "Are they still on that island?
    14. Most people on here will love the episode no matter how bad it is.
    15. Hurley will open the guitar case and Vincent will jump out.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    As frustrating as this show has been I think Im gonna miss it when it's over.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.