Post your daily workout

Comments

• well, after spending three days drinking and smoking it is time to get back at it.

I think I'll do a 5 mile run and a couple hundred push ups, pull ups and sit ups. That'll get the blood flowing and possibly restore sanity.

only did 3 miles, but did *at least* a few hundred pushups and sit ups and maybe 100 pull ups. I wasn't counting... just pumping 'em out until I almost vomited. :sick:
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I decided to start Insanity today. I've basically been a lazy bum for the past year and a half. I'm not fat by any means - 6'1" 179 lbs. - but I'm definitely out of shape. I drink beer and eat shitty foods quite frequently.

Anyway, I decided to give it a shot and today was day 1 which is the Fit Test. After the fit test I was dying so I know I'm going to get killed over the next 60 days. I just hope I stick with it. Being a lazy bum is a habit I'm trying to break.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    100 pushups 100 situps every other day
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    adam42381 wrote:
    I decided to start Insanity today. I've basically been a lazy bum for the past year and a half. I'm not fat by any means - 6'1" 179 lbs. - but I'm definitely out of shape. I drink beer and eat shitty foods quite frequently.

Anyway, I decided to give it a shot and today was day 1 which is the Fit Test. After the fit test I was dying so I know I'm going to get killed over the next 60 days. I just hope I stick with it. Being a lazy bum is a habit I'm trying to break.

Oooh good luck! Come back and tell us what you think of it. I did it last year and started it up again this January. It's without a doubt the hardest workout I've ever done but I LOVE it. The first time I did it, I got sick a lot in the first week so just remember to go at your own pace, you will get better with time!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

Oooh good luck! Come back and tell us what you think of it. I did it last year and started it up again this January. It's without a doubt the hardest workout I've ever done but I LOVE it. The first time I did it, I got sick a lot in the first week so just remember to go at your own pace, you will get better with time!
    I'm going to be doing it each afternoon after school (I'm a teacher). I expect today will be hell since I felt nauseous after the Fit Test yesterday.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    adam42381 wrote:

I'm going to be doing it each afternoon after school (I'm a teacher). I expect today will be hell since I felt nauseous after the Fit Test yesterday.

Its a tough workout but short, until you get to the second month - then its more difficult and longer
  • 433390-Coloring-Page-Line-Art-Of-A-Man-Sitting-In-A-Chair-And-Being-Blown-Away-Poster-Art-Print.jpg
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
    So I only made it through 20 minutes of plyometrics. Holy shit, I thought I was going to die. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I haven't sweated that much in a LONG time. I guess I need to work my way into this.
    marky mark does my daily workout for me cause hes an american hero and can take the pain. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    adam42381 wrote:
    So I only made it through 20 minutes of plyometrics. Holy shit, I thought I was going to die. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I haven't sweated that much in a LONG time. I guess I need to work my way into this.

Like I said - you have to go at your own pace! When I first started, I was taking a lot of breaks during the workouts. Don't get too overwhelmed by it, it IS doable! Keep at it and you'll notice within 2 weeks that you're already doing so much better! I'm stoked I've got cardio recovery tonight :D
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • did THE BEAR yesterday:

clean, front squat, overhead press, back squat, overhead press (one rep without stopping)

7 reps. 5 sets.

65, 85, 95, 115, 125 lbs.

HOLY HELL, I love this excersize. It takes about 20 minutes and you're effing GASSED. But, I sucked it up and did about 15 minutes of core training;

windshield wipers (3 sets of 20-25), hanging leg raises (3 sets of 10 - 15) and crunches (3 sets of 30 - 40)

THEN, I did the climber elliptical (or whatever you call it) for 15 minutes at about my maximum heart rate, and proceeded to vomit in the locker room.

if you ain't gettin nauseous, you ain't doin it right! :mrgreen:

ah well, I have some serious emotional issues that need to be pounded into submission via insane workouts.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • today:

bench 225 * 8, 245 * 6, 275 * 4, 315 *2, 225 * 12
    incline bench 185 * 10, 195 * 8, 205 *6, 215 *5
    cable flies 70 * 12 ( 3 sets) SUPERSET into pushups (until failure, 20 - 25 reps)

rows 175 - 205 lbs, 4 sets
    wide grip pull ups, 4 sets
    back iso machine, 4 sets

narrow grip bench, 185 * 10, 8, 6, 5
    weighted dips, 3 sets SUPERSET into non-weighted dips
    bar tricep extenstions, 3 sets
    dumbell skull crushers, 3 sets

bar curls, 4 sets
    dumbell curls, 4 sets
    hammer curls, 4 sets

die.
  • Any xc skiers around here? I'm training for a 50 km race (possibly 2) in March.

2hrs 25 min nordic ski (classic technique) distance workout. Perfect, fresh groomed trails. Was a dream.
  • 20 minutes on the arc trainer - 1 mile

22 minutes on the treadmill - 3.0 miles

100 sit ups.

sweating out the booze from last night. :D
  • shoulders and abs workout:

standing shoulder press 135 *10, 155 *8, 185 *3, 205 *1, 225 *1 (PERSONAL RECORD!)

dumbell shoulder press 65 *8, 70 *6, 75 *5, 75 *5

behind the head shoulder press 90 lbs, 3 sets of 10

lateral raises with a chain, super set into front raises - 4 sets

rear shoulder pulls with a r band, 4 sets

standing rows, 3 sets

shrugs, 4 sets

abs: swiss ball "pikes" 3 sets of 12, windshield wipers 3 sets of 14 to 24, hanging leg raises 3 sets of 6 to 10, crunches 2 sets of 30
  • Leg Day:

squats, 4 sets *6-8 reps
    incline leg press, 4 sets *8-12 reps
    leg curls, 4 sets *10-12 reps
    leg extensions, 4 sets *12-16 reps
    step ups onto bench, 3 sets *10 reps
    seated calf raises, 4 sets *12 - 20 reps
    standing calf raises, 4 sets *12 - 15 reps
  • *crickets* - anyone still working out? :D

back, biceps and abs

weighted pull ups (4 sets of 6 - 12)
    cable rows (3 sets of 10 - 12)
    inverted rows (3 sets of 12 - 15)
    bent over rows (3 sets of 8 - 10)
    weighted back raises (3 sets of 12 - 15)

barbell curls (3 sets of 8 - 12)
    preacher curls (3 sets of 6 - 10)
    hammers curls (3 sets of 7-8)
    dumbell curls (3 sets of 8 - 10)
    reverse grip curls, forearms (2 sets of 15)

plank pikes w/ swiss ball (3 sets of 15)
    hanging leg raises (3 sets of 12-15)
    crunches (2 sets of 25-30)
  • chest and triceps

incline bench (4 sets)
    bench press (4 sets)
    dumbell press (4 sets)
    cable fly's - superset w/ push ups (4 sets)

skull crushers (4)
    cable tricep extensions (4)
    rope extensions (3)
    overhead rope french press (3)
    dips (3)
  • did you do your leg day? I DID.

squats (warmup with 135 *12)
    185*12
    205*12
    225*10
    225*10

leg press ... 5 plates *12, 6*10, 7*8, 7*8

laying down hamstring curls on swiss ball, 3 sets
    SUPERSET
    with standing calf raise machine

leg extensions, 3 sets
    SUPERSET
    with sitting calf raises

romanian one-leg squats, 3 sets
    SUPERSET
    with standing calf raises (no weight)

GLAD THAT IS DONE WITH. YOWSA.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Been doing this lately--all hour long classes after work:

Monday: cardio kickboxing
    Tues: Spin combo--35 min. spin then the rest weights/abs Or Zumba
    Wed: Spin class and/or muscle camp
    Thurs--off
    Fri--spin class
    Sat - Piloxing

the zumba class I took was taught by this buff trainer: http://tinadurkinfitness.com/
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I've just moved onto Level 2 of 30 Day Shred - not quite as impressive as some of the work here, but it's a start. My legs are in bits again after getting used to level 1 :lol:
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • got my new Brooks running shoes last night... can't wait for my 5 mile run tonight!!!

gym today; chest, triceps and abs. (1 hour)
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    got my new Brooks running shoes last night... can't wait for my 5 mile run tonight!!!

gym today; chest, triceps and abs. (1 hour)

Brooks are a great shoe! I've also had a great pair of Asics in the past.

The WORST shoe I had to train in were these Mizuno training shoes in college. HORRID. And we had to wear them because they were our rep. All the girls on the team bitched about shin and feet problems.

I just got a new pair of New Balance running shoes. They just came out a few weeks ago and I spent a chunk o change on them, but they feel AMAZING. I've been doing 3 miles before weights and then 3 miles after weights plus a 2 mile walk with my dog to cool down after the gym and they are my favorite shoe I've had.

You will love your Brooks though!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Lizard wrote:

the zumba class I took was taught by this buff trainer: http://tinadurkinfitness.com/

*love* this:

Birthdate: June 20, 1976
    Weight: 120 off-season, 115 on-season
    Height: 5' 3"
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Brown (yes, I'm a brunette!)

the carpet doesn't match the drapes :lol: but I don't wanna be all ripped like her when she's competing... :?

Thread integrity: I still workout with P90x 6 days a week.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Lizard wrote:

*love* this:

Birthdate: June 20, 1976
    Weight: 120 off-season, 115 on-season
    Height: 5' 3"
    Eyes: Green
    Hair: Brown (yes, I'm a brunette!)

the carpet doesn't match the drapes :lol: but I don't wanna be all ripped like her when she's competing... :?

carpet? methinks that is a waxed floor. she's a bit too masculine for my taste.
  • five mile run in 45 minutes... slow pace because I have the flu. :sick:
  • shoulders and abs

military press; 4 sets (10 - 12 reps)
    arnold press; 4 sets (10 - 12 reps)
    lateral dumbell raise; 7 sets (15 reps *exactly 30 seconds of rest between each* light weight)
    barbell shrugs; 3 sets (10 - 15 reps) SUPERSET w/ rear shoulder rubberband pulls (15 reps)
    dumbell shrugs; 2 sets (20 reps)

windshield wipers; 3 sets (20 - 24 reps)
    plank into pike on the swiss ball; 3 sets (10 - 12 reps)
    hanging leg raise; 2 sets (10 - 12 reps)
    crunches; 3 sets (until failure)

3 mile run tonight.
    RKCNDY wrote:

that's awesome......you are really dedicated! :thumbup:
  • EFFd up my back doing squats last week, so this week i took it easy on leg day;

step ups onto bench with 35 - 45 lb dumbells (3 sets)
    bulgarian split squat (2 sets)
    leg extensions (4 sets)
    calf raises (5 sets)

arc trainer for 20 minutes... on high (50 - 60) resistance, so it is a pretty good leg workout.
    Trying a kettlebell class tonite........hope i don't clunk myself in the head!!! :)