pj 1
    pj 2
    pj 3
    up to 20

no matter what the exercise
    no matter what the beat
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • training for a marathon... lifting a lot less, running 4 or 5 times per week.

This week's long run was 15 miles, averaged 8:51 miles... and it hurt like hell.

Next week's long run is 16, then 18... then a recoop week (12 miles LR)... then TWENTY miles :shock:

Marathon is November 13th! :D
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    training for a marathon... lifting a lot less, running 4 or 5 times per week.

This week's long run was 15 miles, averaged 8:51 miles... and it hurt like hell.

Next week's long run is 16, then 18... then a recoop week (12 miles LR)... then TWENTY miles :shock:

Marathon is November 13th! :D
    jesus christ, man.

:shock:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    swimming swimming and more swimming
    walking walking and more walking

haven't lifted weights in a few weeks

found out a great way to swim and hurt like crazy

bouyant%20dumbbells.jpg?osCsid=jifvauizllm

the ones i use are cubed

i been swimming roughly 2 miles daily, give or take. while swimming laps i grab those floatation dumbell things
    and swim. i old them in my hands and go. after the first few laps it hurts like crazy in the arms and shoulders.
    after 5 laps it is very painful. i keep going and do 10 or 12 laps that way.

i made up a rule. once i grab the floatation dumbells i can't put them down until 10 laps has been completed.

then i swim another mile or so, combining both exercises throughout my day. sometimes swimming the 2 miles all at once, sometimes doing a morning and afternoon swim. went 4 miles one day. :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    swimming swimming and more swimming
    walking walking and more walking

haven't lifted weights in a few weeks

found out a great way to swim and hurt like crazy

bouyant%20dumbbells.jpg?osCsid=jifvauizllm

the ones i use are cubed

i been swimming roughly 2 miles daily, give or take. while swimming laps i grab those floatation dumbell things
    and swim. i old them in my hands and go. after the first few laps it hurts like crazy in the arms and shoulders.
    after 5 laps it is very painful. i keep going and do 10 or 12 laps that way.

i made up a rule. once i grab the floatation dumbells i can't put them down until 10 laps has been completed.

then i swim another mile or so, combining both exercises throughout my day. sometimes swimming the 2 miles all at once, sometimes doing a morning and afternoon swim. went 4 miles one day. :mrgreen:

jesus christ, man :shock:

swimming four miles sounds A LOT more difficult than running 15.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Went to church.

one hour:
    kneel, stand, sit, stand
    keep standing
    Sit, kneel, stand, kneel
    bless yourself, shake off, bless someone else
    stand, sit, kneel
    "Do the 'S'" (half sit/half kneel)
    kneel, stand, sit
    genuflect
    walk
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Rollings wrote:
    Went to church.

one hour:
    kneel, stand, sit, stand
    keep standing
    Sit, kneel, stand, kneel
    stand, sit, kneel
    kneel, stand, sit
    genuflect
    walk

:lol::lol:
    I used to do that!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Lizard wrote:
    Rollings wrote:
    Went to church.

one hour:
    kneel, stand, sit, stand
    keep standing
    Sit, kneel, stand, kneel
    stand, sit, kneel
    kneel, stand, sit
    genuflect
    walk

:lol::lol:
    I used to do that!

Don't know how many calories I burnt...but the sin and guilt just melted off. :lol:

:|

:twisted: shit comes right back on though
  • All summer I've been doing 100 pushups and 100 situps every morning. The other week I bought those "Perfect Pushup" things "As seen on TV" and its been working. I'm on this "Get Ripped Workout", and though I am not ripped yet, I like to think I'm getting there.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Just got back in the gym after literally 2 years off. I'm running 3-4 times a week anywhere between 2-5 miles at a time and trying to lift 3 times a week as well. My goal is to drop 15 lbs by my birthday (Nov 28). If I can accomplish that than I'll be good. Once I get into an exercise groove I'm good till summer rolls around again. The warm weather just beckons beer drinking on the patio when I get home everyday!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • The warm weather just beckons beer drinking on the patio when I get home everyday!
    Tell me about it. Golf=beers=smoking too many butts=not in shape. Its a vicious cycle for me too!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • well, my 1st marathon will have to wait. I developed a stress fracture in my 5th metatarsal from too much running about a month ago. I can do the elliptical at the gym now but now running quite yet.

I'm lifting four - five times per week and doing about 15 minutes of abs work most days. I also do some stretching and some (very) basic yoga poses when I'm at work.... probably a total of 15 minutes per day.

Happy with my strength at the gym (benched 225 * 15 the other day... squating 275 * 10 ATG) but need a better balance of endurance and cardiovascular health. So, I'm looking forward to running again.

I'll do a marathon in the spring/summer. With these stress fractures it is important to not run even when it feel okay.... gotta sit it out for another month or two.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Post my daily work out....well, as of late, it's been "slacking"!!!! back to it this week, though I've already decided against the gym tomorrow morning due to going to bed too late!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • 15 minutes of core work;

hanging leg raises (3 sets of 15 - 20)
    windshielf wipers (3 sets of 24 - 30)
    crunches (3 sets of 25 - 30)

35 minute jog; four miles

10 minutes of stretches

Tomorrow - back, biceps and abs

Thursday - legs (SQUATS, lunges, deadlifts, etc)

Friday - shoulders, abs
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I just finally got back into the Shaun T Insanity workout about 2 weeks ago...which consists pretty much of 45 minutes/6 days per week of PURE HELL. But it's actually kind of fun, is over quick, and I normally burn between 800 - 900 calories. After only 2 weeks I feel amazingly better already!

Dig deeper!!! :mrgreen:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    I just finally got back into the Shaun T Insanity workout about 2 weeks ago...which consists pretty much of 45 minutes/6 days per week of PURE HELL. But it's actually kind of fun, is over quick, and I normally burn between 800 - 900 calories. After only 2 weeks I feel amazingly better already!

Dig deeper!!! :mrgreen:

are you keeping with it??? It is hard over the holidays to stay active...

I took a week off and got back at it yesterday. My weight sessions are still pretty intense... DO NOT just do a set of 8 or 10 reps and then sit there for 2 minutes. What a waste of time! I've been doing lots of double or triple sets of multiple muscle groups, e.g., bench, pull ups, one leg squats. Do that 4 or 5 times with a minute of rest between each, then rotate to something like; dips, rows, box jumps for another 4 or 5 sets. Or, shoulder press/lateral raises/lunges. If you can keep that up for 40 to 50 minutes you're a beast. End with 15 minutes of core/abs work, then feel AMAZING. :D

that's my routine lately. I'm sure I'll switch it up again soon. I don't like doing the same routine constantly. Oh, and I'm starting to run again next week since I think my fractured foot is okay now.

Happy Friday!!!
    edited December 2011
    swimming my ass off. this is where i am happy, in the drink. been swimming now about 14 months. the best decision i have ever made in regards to exercise. i am positive i burn 800 - 1000 or more calories everyday in the water. so says a few other swimmers who been at it for years and when reading online.

the burning i get in my shoulders, arm, and chest area makes me dig dipper harder faster, the burning blasts from my neck down my sides and into my legs. but mostly shoulder, arms, and chest.

using the buyont dumbells while freestyle swimming...very difficult. i made a rule for myself. no matter how bad it hurts and how tired i may be, if i grab those floater dumbells i must do @ least 10 laps w/ them...usually i will complete the 10 manditory laps and continue on doing one dozen, then 18 then maybe 30.

18 laps being 1/4 a mile. so far i have not ever swam a 1/2 mile using the buoyant dumbells.
    after the use of the floating dumbells then i swim the rest of the one or more miles or hours worth losing track of the distance swam... :mrgreen:

i am pleased and very hard and dropping weight and gaining back weight in mass muscle. i can't frickin win. stupid scale says no weight lose, stupid pants are to big... :twisted: open water swimming,,,, i am comin for you
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • 30 minutes (2.5 miles) on the tread mill
    20 minutes on the bike...

Cardio Rehab... Feeling great...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Ran 8 miles. Planning on running a half marathon in February.

I have semi-intentions of swimming this afternoon if I get out of the office early enough. But unlike Chadwick, I have a hard time motivating myself to go to the pool. Running is to me what swimming is to him.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
    30 minutes (2.5 miles) on the tread mill

you are badass. that is fantastic. the mrs. is very pleased with your performance, yes/no? are you in your little red running shorts, yes/no?? ;)

lotsa questions :mrgreen:

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Ran 8 miles. Planning on running a half marathon in February.

I have semi-intentions of swimming this afternoon if I get out of the office early enough. But unlike Chadwick, I have a hard time motivating myself to go to the pool. Running is to me what swimming is to him.
    if i could actually run...(hell if i could just walk w/out terrible pain and w/out the use of a cane, i'd run uphill and kill everything in my path... ) :evil:

so i puss out and get in the water where the ground can't hurt me...

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:

you are badass. that is fantastic. the mrs. is very pleased with your performance, yes/no? are you in your little red running shorts, yes/no?? ;)

lotsa questions :mrgreen:
    Yep... and have a heart monitor on :lol:
    I am the youngest in the room by at least 25 yearss :?
    But my energy level is at all time high and I forgot what my feet looked like :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • weight session today. Supersets with no rest between each movement, then no more than 1 minute rest between each superset:

bench / wide grip pull ups / box jumps (4)
    incline bench / rows supersets (4)
    cable fly's / bent over rows (3)
    dips / one legged squats (4)
    overhead cable (triceps) / one legged step-ups (4)
    cable push downs / sit ups (4)

called it a day. 55 minutes.
  • chest and triceps today. on the incline bench I put up a personal best 225 * 5. :D

ran about 9 miles this week and lifted four times. Feeling pretty good about how this year is going so far... although I only took one week off in December.

TOUGH MUDDER in April, so there will be no slacking for this guy.
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192

Proud of ya!! Keep up the good work :clap::clap: !!

I'm gonna have to catch up to ya! :?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • ran 4 miles last night in 34 minutes.

weights today: shoulders and abs

5 mile run tonight.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I caved...I bought P90x...should be here on Wednesday.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    5 days a week I run 3.5 miles in the morning before work and then come back and do 3 sets of 25 pushups
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • leg day today... thank god that's over!!!

leg press (4 sets)
    one leg step ups w/ weights (4 sets)
    bulgarian split squats (3 sets)
    swiss ball hamstring curls (3 sets)
    leg extensions (3 sets)
    standing calf raises (3 sets)
    sitting calf raises (3 sets)
  • well, after spending three days drinking and smoking it is time to get back at it.

I think I'll do a 5 mile run and a couple hundred push ups, pull ups and sit ups. That'll get the blood flowing and possibly restore sanity.