Post your daily workout

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Lizard wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Thread integrity: I still workout with P90x 6 days a week.

that's awesome......you are really dedicated! :thumbup:

thanks! :thumbup:
    Lizard wrote:
    Trying a kettlebell class tonite........hope i don't clunk myself in the head!!! :)

I'm afraid of this ^^^ P90x has a workout where you are in a lunge stance and move your arms like you're running, Tony yells, "faster! faster!" so I go faster...I'm afraid I'm gonna clunk myself in the face one of these days... :?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • back, biceps and abs today...

thinking about doing crossfit tonight. I do some crossfit stuff on my own but I've never been to a class.

honestly.... I think I'm *above* them :D haha... not really... but I push myself every freaking day so I don't think it is worth $160 a freakin month.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • 5 mile run in 44:08. some major hills. I'm ready for spring/summer because running in the cold sucks major arse.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    1.5 mile swim (108 laps)
    10 of those laps being done with flotation dumbells

always feels nice during and after :)
    i am grateful i can swim
    and thankful my parents made me swim when i was very young
    i feel sorry for folks who cannot swim a stroke and are terrified of water
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • typical leg workout today... squats, leg press, leg extensions, curls, etc.

But today, I finished it off with 100 walking lunges with 80 lbs on my back. OOOF! :sick:

walking up stairs is almost impossible!
  • typical leg workout today... squats, leg press, leg extensions, curls, etc.

But today, I finished it off with 100 walking lunges with 80 lbs on my back. OOOF! :sick:

i can't walk today. :wtf:
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    typical leg workout today... squats, leg press, leg extensions, curls, etc.

i can't walk today. :wtf:

Don't forget to stretch .... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • mikalina wrote:
    Don't forget to stretch .... :)

yeah, at the gym today I'll be stretching between sets. I need to get limbered up because I'm running fartleks tonight!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,181
    Spinning is getting a bit tiresome so I'm going to take up boxing in a professional boxing gym here in the Palm Beaches.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• did a bunch of box jumps, handstand push ups and walking lunges (with 100 lbs on my back) yesterday. about 25 minutes of intensity.

got home and ran 5 miles at an 8:30/mile pace.

slept like a freakin' baby. :D
  • JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    First post in a while in this thread!

Wrapping up practice for the Crossfit Games Open..

3 rep Max weight Bear Complex
    155#, failed at 165 twice

12 minute AMRAP
    30 double unders
    20 air squats
    10 push jerk 135#

5 full rounds +15 squats done
  • back and abs circuit training

wide grip pull ups -into- windshield wipers (4 sets)
    row machine - plank pikes (4)
    bent over rows - sit ups (3)
    back machine - crunches (3)
    chin ups - ab crunch machine (3)

tonight i run... maybe... :mrgreen:
  • ran 13.1 yesterday in 1:55:18.

i think next weekend i'll try a 15 miler... it'd be cool to work up to a 50k (or more). although my weight room gains are going to vanish with all that running. :?
  • 3 hour skate ski yesterday. 6 days til 50K marathon

what kind of training schedule have you done to prepare for the 50k?
  • little bit o' crossfit today

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (reps)
    Bench Press - Body weight - 190
    Power Clean - 75% of Body Weight - 145
    Pull up
    (not part of the plan, but i finished with another 9 reps on the bench because i can bench all day long!)

very minimal rest... finished in about 14 minutes. HOOOOOZA!

15 minutes of abs.

15 minutes on the arc trainer.

I train about 6 days a week on average and try to get at least one distance workout in on the weekend (i.e. 2.5 - 3.5 hrs easy pace). About a week ago I did a 30 K race as a warm up for the upcoming 50K and a week before that did a 35 mile ski on a snow machine winter trail. I also try to mix in some shorter races to build up the endurance and speed in preparation for the big one. During the week my average skis are usually 1-2 hrs with one threshold day, one hill workout day, and a couple low intensity days. I'm always working on my technique as well to improve efficiency. In the mornings I do core and shoulders, arms at home. Arms and shoulders probably more important for skiing than running but sounds like you spend a lot of time in the gym anyways.

I've never done a long running race, ran cross country 6th grade through senior year of high school, but those were all 5k races. Done a lot of long runs, but not long races. Training for a running marathon is a little different though. I think you need to taper a lot sooner before the big race. I've heard two to three weeks before the event.

I train about 6 days a week on average and try to get at least one distance workout in on the weekend (i.e. 2.5 - 3.5 hrs easy pace). About a week ago I did a 30 K race as a warm up for the upcoming 50K and a week before that did a 35 mile ski on a snow machine winter trail. I also try to mix in some shorter races to build up the endurance and speed in preparation for the big one. During the week my average skis are usually 1-2 hrs with one threshold day, one hill workout day, and a couple low intensity days. I'm always working on my technique as well to improve efficiency. In the mornings I do core and shoulders, arms at home. Arms and shoulders probably more important for skiing than running but sounds like you spend a lot of time in the gym anyways.

I've never done a long running race, ran cross country 6th grade through senior year of high school, but those were all 5k races. Done a lot of long runs, but not long races. Training for a running marathon is a little different though. I think you need to taper a lot sooner before the big race. I've heard two to three weeks before the event.

AHHHH i thought you were training for a running marathon! :mrgreen:

but, i think that your routine is very similar to a good long-distance running routine. when i was training for a marathon last fall it would look something like this;

Mon: 3-5 miles of hills, fast pace
    Tues: long run, anywhere from 7 - 18 miles, slow
    Wed: rest
    Thur: medium distance, 5 - 12 miles, race pace
    Fri: rest
    Sat: sprints (400m * 8... usually about 70 - 75 seconds each) followed by a 3 mile jog, slow
    Sun: rest

in addition i'd lift 3 to 4 times per week before work. you're right about the taper... you're supposed to run your longest training run 2 or 3 weeks before the race. a lot of people work up to 20 - 24 miles or even do a 26.2 mile training run, but most of my running friends say that 18 is definitely sufficient. anything more than that you want to hold back for the race, because it doesn't really help you any to train that far. it just makes it more likely that you'll get injured.

anyway, good luck with your skiing!
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    22 min treadmill, brisk walk
    10 min bike
    lat pull down 3x15 @ 90
    shoulder press 3x15 @ 50
    15 min cross trainer
    tricep extension 3x15 @ 60
    standing fly's 3x15 @ 40
    30 sit ups
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i wondered what happened to this thread

rocked 4 miles of fartleks today. then ate sandwiches
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I run 2 to 3.5 mi 4 or 5 days a week. Lift weights 3 or 4 days a week.

Before April 2011 I weighed 270 lbs. Today I am holding steady at around 175 lbs. Still eating healthy and working out a lot.

I ran the Spartan Sprint race (5k mud/obstacle race) this last Spring. I have been riding my mountain bike a lot this Summer. Getting ready for a few hikes this fall. And, can't wait for ski season this Winter!

Stay fit and healthy , Ten Clubbers!!
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I did a 60 minute Turbo fire (kickboxing) session today. It's fun! And it builds in some HIIT workouts. I do some similar type workout 5 days a week and throw in some strength 3 days a week.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    20 minute HIIT workout and 45 minutes of strength
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    When I don't go to the gym for 2 or 3 days, I really miss it. My body misses it. After the first workout of the week I feel so much better. Anyone else feel the same way?
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    aNiMaL wrote:
    When I don't go to the gym for 2 or 3 days, I really miss it. My body misses it. After the first workout of the week I feel so much better. Anyone else feel the same way?

yes.
    And that is fantastic what you have done...You going to Montana??
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    Lizard wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

yes.
    And that is fantastic what you have done...You going to Montana??
    Thanks!

No, not going to Montana...waiting for the new record next year and a tour after that.

I am going to run my very first 5K race next month...I'm excited for that. :D
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I tried something different today.... Zumba, not at all impressed by it. I do not get much of a workout by just dancing.... :)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    aNiMaL wrote:

I hear ya. It's usually a mental battle with myself just to get to the gym, but I'm always happy once I get there.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    30 mins on the eliptical 6 days a week
    mon wed fri- bi's, tris
    tues, thurs- back shoulders chest

sweat is just your fat crying
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    davidtrios wrote:
    30 mins on the eliptical 6 days a week
    mon wed fri- bi's, tris
    tues, thurs- back shoulders chest

sweat is just your fat crying

Awesome that you're starting a new workout program David, good luck!! :thumbup: What gym are you going to? I ask because I used to go to Xsport and they offered this free bootcamp class leading up to summer that was GREAT...really kicked me into shape. Ask your gym if they have anything like that!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2