Options

2008 Patriots

Comments

• Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    stickboy wrote:
    yea thats pretty rough man.

just hope you can at least maybe have him back at a %100 next season.

I was curious tho...when does Brady become a free agent?

That's the thing though, he won't be 100% next year. He may come back and play but he won't be the same for about 2 years. Remember McNabb? He wasn't close to being the same player last year, but he looks 100% now.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Flagg wrote:
    That's the thing though, he won't be 100% next year. He may come back and play but he won't be the same for about 2 years. Remember McNabb? He wasn't close to being the same player last year, but he looks 100% now.

to be fair, Brady's game was never about being as mobile as McNabb though.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    jimed14 wrote:
    They might bring him in for a workout, but, I tihnk it's more based on who can fit with the offense ... I don't think Culpepper is that guy.

It's Cassel's team for at least September.

Hey Cassel was the third best college QB in the land for a while ... (as the joke goes ... seeing as he spent his college career backing up Carson Palmer then, Matt Leinart, and never got to start ... who knows, maybe he IS a stud waiting to happen.)

oh yeah, belichick and pioli would never in a million years sign a player if they couldn't fit into the current system. if brady is done for the year, which seems to be all but official at this point, whomever is signed, it will take them a couple weeks to get up to speed. who knows, cassel could be the 2008 version of when brady took over for bledsoe (which i know has been said already) and the newly signed qb might just end up being a back-up.

the pats offense (and the o-line) is just way too talented to just completely fall apart without brady.

*** edit *** i think mcnabb really rushed back from surgery, which is why he wasn't 100% last year. he was hurt towards the end of 2006 and then came back at least a couple months before the estimated date for his recovery in time for the 2007 season, then didn't he suffer a totally different injury before the pats game last year and then didn't play again?
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    Flagg wrote:
    yea, you're right, I remember that and McNabb does look pretty good for now

so here's what I'm seeing

if like jimed said 2010 he becomes a free agent and next yr he doesnt come back %100 then sees the Pats are in rebuilding mode, takes most of next yr off...
    does he sign with someone else in 2010???
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    jimed14 wrote:
    not to try and find light in this ... but, better in week 1 rather than in week 15.

at least he can rehab and try and be ready for next year.

if this had happened in week 15 ... he'd be lost for the playoffs (had they made it) and for potentially most of the following season.

I just thought of the same thing better now than later and make the needed adjustments for the rest of the season.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    stickboy wrote:
    yea, you're right, I remember that and McNabb does look pretty good for now

so here's what I'm seeing

if like jimed said 2010 he becomes a free agent and next yr he doesnt come back %100 then sees the Pats are in rebuilding mode, takes most of next yr off...
    does he sign with someone else in 2010???

he is signe THROUGH the 2010 season, so, he'll have a full season of 100% in 2010 ...

and trying to figure out if he resigns here or somewhere else ... or if the Pats even offer him something ... is WAY too premature.

Hell, let's see what the MRI says tomorrow first .... k? ;)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    he is signe THROUGH the 2010 season, so, he'll have a full season of 100% in 2010 ...

and trying to figure out if he resigns here or somewhere else ... or if the Pats even offer him something ... is WAY too premature.

Hell, let's see what the MRI says tomorrow first .... k? ;)
    oh ok I gotcha.. I misread that

true, but the reports already say that he's done for the season everywhere (espn, aol, yahoo). Isn't that what Osi Umenyiora got..a torn ACL?
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:

true, but the reports already say that he's done for the season everywhere (espn, aol, yahoo). Isn't that what Osi Umenyiora got..a torn ACL?

I think it's about 90% certain his season is over ... but, let's remember ... it's Belichick ... it's the Pats ... can we really trust anything that gets leaked form their camp? ;)

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    stickboy wrote:

add nfl.com to that list

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    I think it's about 90% certain his season is over ... but, let's remember ... it's Belichick ... it's the Pats ... can we really trust anything that gets leaked form their camp? ;)
    hahaahah you see?

now we're talking! ;)

and yea nfl.com's reporting the same thing
    Brady out for the season

BUT knowing the cheaters he'll be back next week with nothing more than a knee scrape, lol
  • Options
    Had this happened in the pre-season, or training camp before THE TRADE, would Favre be a Jet or a Patriot about now? ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Had this happened in the pre-season, or training camp before THE TRADE, would Favre be a Jet or a Patriot about now? ;)

that's a great question.

Let's put it this way ... the Pack would have got a HELL OF A LOT MORE than they did

• Options
    oooooohh!
    Favre DID say he wanted Moss on his team so you never know. That might've been the case. Even tho Favre in a Pats jersey just wouldn't look right
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,253
    stickboy wrote:
    I think so...he was a trooper man. He hung in there for god knows how many yrs. Props to him

heres a list of who's available as far as Free agents yall can go after:

1. Rex Grossman Chicago
    2. Daunte Culpepper Oakland (retired)
    3. Josh McCown Oakland
    4. Quinn Gray Jacksonville
    5. Cleo Lemon Miami
    6. Shaun Hill San Francisco
    7. Billy Volek San Diego
    8. J.T. O'Sullivan Detroit
    9. Marques Tuiasosopo New York Jets
    10. Chris Redman Atlanta

QB (Key Restricted Free Agents)
    1. Derek Anderson Cleveland (re-signed with Browns)
    2. Jared Lorenzen New York Giants
    3. Dan Orlovsky Detroit
    4. Ryan Fitzpatrick Cincinnati

so scratch Culpepper and Anderson
    Dude, where do you get your info from?
    Is this list from Feb 1 or something?
    O'Sullivan is starting for the 49ers, Grossman is #2 with the Bears.

Culpepper retired, that doesn't mean he couldn't come back and play (see you boy Favre), but he can't read a defense, so you can be sure the Pats won't have him in even though he's buddies with Moss.

The Pats will go with Cassel, and bring someone else in to be the 3rd QB, Simms is possible or they might bring Gutierrez back since he knows the system.

Don't be surprised to see Kevin O'Connell before season's end.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Not good...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-bradyoutforyear090708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Ya hate to see injuries

When McNabb went down even after the injury last year he still wasn't right
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Looks like Dante will be heading to New England
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    I bet Byron Leftwich is regretting his decision to sign with Pittsburgh as the backup now.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    All I can say is.......Aaaaahahhahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I bet Byron Leftwich is regretting his decision to sign with Pittsburgh as the backup now.

Hes going to get released as soon as charlie batch is healthy
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Hes going to get released as soon as charlie batch is healthy

Culpepper will have been singed by then or Chris Simms
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Options
    pretty rough for the Pats. You would think they are prepared for this however. Their O-line is pretty nasty and should help whoever replaces Brady.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • Options
    We'll trade you AJ Feeley for Randy Moss :)
    Shows:
  • Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    eyedclaar wrote:
    I hope Tom Brady breaks his weiner and is promptly dumped by that fleet-footed Gazelle.

Well it wasn't his weiner but it will have to do...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Report: Simms coming to Foxboro

The NFL Network is reporting that former Tampa Bay quarterback Chris Simms will be coming to Foxboro for a physical and workout today. According to the report, if all goes well Simms could be a member of the Patriots by the end of the day. -- Rob Bradford (Sept. 8, 2008)
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    yeah. lets support injuring someone. classless rejects.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    I think so...he was a trooper man. He hung in there for god knows how many yrs. Props to him

heres a list of who's available as far as Free agents yall can go after:

1. Rex Grossman Chicago
    2. Daunte Culpepper Oakland (retired)
    3. Josh McCown Oakland
    4. Quinn Gray Jacksonville
    5. Cleo Lemon Miami
    6. Shaun Hill San Francisco
    7. Billy Volek San Diego
    8. J.T. O'Sullivan Detroit
    9. Marques Tuiasosopo New York Jets
    10. Chris Redman Atlanta

QB (Key Restricted Free Agents)
    1. Derek Anderson Cleveland (re-signed with Browns)
    2. Jared Lorenzen New York Giants
    3. Dan Orlovsky Detroit
    4. Ryan Fitzpatrick Cincinnati

so scratch Culpepper and Anderson

Uhhhhhh......No. This info is all wrong.

Lil Wayne is better than Pearl Jam.

Bitches ain't nothin' but hoes 'n tricks
  • Options
    JSBEJSBE Posts: 1,075
    it's official:

"After extensive tests this morning, it was revealed that New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady's left knee, which was injured in the first quarter of yesterday's game, will require surgery. He will be placed on injured reserve and will miss the remainder of the 2008 season."

i knew it was going to happen, but it still sucks.
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:
    Well it wasn't his weiner but it will have to do...

Maybe it is that big...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    yeah. lets support injuring someone. classless rejects.

This is where these guys say they're having fun with the Patriots. *Who knows where the cold wind blows* this could come back to haunt all the haters out there.

The Patriots will be fine.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)