***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    :lol::lol:
    chase utley is better than mike schmidt.
    derrick favors is a better pick than evan turner.
    donovan mcnabb stinks.

atta way fixer! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :wave:

I am not really familiar with the Phillies history but I dont see anything wrong with saying Chase Utely could end up as the best Phillie ever. Jeags, for a guy saying Ryan Howard is better than he is please give Utley the credit he is due. Utley is right around a top 5 player in baseball right now if not better, Ryan Howard is far from that.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    donovan mcnabb stinks.

I am not really familiar with the Phillies history but I dont see anything wrong with saying Chase Utely could end up as the best Phillie ever. Jeags, for a guy saying Ryan Howard is better than he is please give Utley the credit he is due. Utley is right around a top 5 player in baseball right now if not better, Ryan Howard is far from that.

come on dude. utley's my favorite player on the team. but i am not on some facebook site saying i will go gay for him like the fixer.

he's got a solid 9 or 10 more years ahead of him before you can say he is the best player in the history of the franchise.

saying he won't be better than the greatest third baseman in the HISTORY OF THE GAME is by no means any stretch of the imagination. anybody could be better than mike schmidt. but for the better part of a century and a fucking half, nobody has.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    donovan mcnabb stinks.

come on dude. utley's my favorite player on the team. but i am not on some facebook site saying i will go gay for him like the fixer.

he's got a solid 9 or 10 more years ahead of him before you can say he is the best player in the history of the franchise.

saying he won't be better than the greatest third baseman in the HISTORY OF THE GAME is by no means any stretch of the imagination. anybody could be better than mike schmidt. but for the better part of a century and a fucking half, nobody has.

You do know A-Rod will have him beat right? I mean they're gonna have to put him in the Hall either as a 3rd baseman or shortstop. And I don't see the latter happening.

You do know A-Rod will have him beat right? I mean they're gonna have to put him in the Hall either as a 3rd baseman or shortstop. And I don't see the latter happening.

For better or worse he's going in at 3B and a Yankee, that is not a question.

I really can't get to into details right now, but the stats JP just highligted in the Mets thread are pretty telling. Utley does it all.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what does that steroid abusing fraud have to do with the utley/schmidt, so-called, debate though? a-rod also has close to a decade on utley in experience.
    www.myspace.com
    Steroids argument is soooooo bad.

what does that steroid abusing fraud have to do with the utley/schmidt, so-called, debate though? a-rod also has close to a decade on utley in experience.

With your whole enlarged font of history of the game motif ya got going on there. It's not going to go on for much longer. I know as Phillies fans, we don't have much to hold onto when it comes to history, and as I can see, it is sacrilege to say anything opposed to good ol' Stache. And gold gloves are like offensive linemen going to the Pro Bowl - once you're voted in once, you become a name and your name alone will send you back every year as long as you're not hurt.
    Oh, also.....so you guys got nothing going on at 230 in the morning either huh?

With your whole enlarged font of history of the game motif ya got going on there. It's not going to go on for much longer. I know as Phillies fans, we don't have much to hold onto when it comes to history, and as I can see, it is sacrilege to say anything opposed to good ol' Stache. And gold gloves are like offensive linemen going to the Pro Bowl - once you're voted in once, you become a name and your name alone will send you back every year as long as you're not hurt.

now you're basically comparing mike schmidt's 10 gold gloves to bobby abreu winning a gold glove? what?

we may not have a lot of all time players, but it is worth noting that his team has been around in the same city longer than any other pro team in this country. i know we've had a lot of success the last few years...the last 120 some years not so much. sometimes its good to get a little perspective.

and, no, i got nothing else going on at 2:31 this morning :mrgreen::lol:
    www.myspace.com

now you're basically comparing mike schmidt's 10 gold gloves to bobby abreu winning a gold glove? what?

we may not have a lot of all time players, but it is worth noting that his team has been around in the same city longer than any other pro team in this country. i know we've had a lot of success the last few years...the last 120 some years not so much. sometimes its good to get a little perspective.

My point is gold gloves don't get you into the Hall of Fame unless you're name is Ozzie Smith, or soon to be Omar Vizquel(maybe). Schmidt isn't known as the greatest 3rd baseman of all time for his defense. If that was the case, then it'd be Brooks Robinson.

My point is gold gloves don't get you into the Hall of Fame unless you're name is Ozzie Smith, or soon to be Omar Vizquel(maybe). Schmidt isn't known as the greatest 3rd baseman of all time for his defense. If that was the case, then it'd be Brooks Robinson.

a lot of people actually do consider him the greatest third baseman of all time (schmidt played on astro turf his whole career...brooks played on grass--lot tougher on turf). but most simply refer to him as the greatest all around third basemen, which is fine by me.
    www.myspace.com

my woman got home from Chicago around 11 after a rough flight and pretty much told me to do it myself if I wanted anything. Yeeeah thats why I am talking basebal at this time.
    a lot of people actually do consider him the greatest third baseman of all time (schmidt played on astro turf his whole career...brooks played on grass--lot tougher on turf). but most simply refer to him as the greatest all around third basemen, which is fine by me.

There's an exception for everything Michael Jack does for you huh? He played on turf, better pitching, comfortably rocked a stache while wearing silk robes and oiling up other men's chests because it was the 70's - and hey, why not? On and on and on...

There's an exception for everything Michael Jack does for you huh? He played on turf, better pitching, comfortably rocked a stache while wearing silk robes and oiling up other men's chests. On and on and on...

no just the astro turf and much better pitching (and much pitcher friendly parks)...such as life in the majors in the 70's and 80's my friend.
    www.myspace.com

There's an exception for everything Michael Jack does for you huh? He played on turf, better pitching, comfortably rocked a stache while wearing silk robes and oiling up other men's chests. On and on and on...

no just the astro turf and much better pitching (and much pitcher friendly parks)...such as life in the majors in the 70's and 80's my friend.

And the astro turf theory of your's contradicts your better pitching theory. A lot more hits can be generated through turf over regular grass. And the whole better pitching thing shouldn't have anything to do with anything, nor the grass thing anyway. You play the cards your dealt.

And the astro turf theory of your's contradicts your better pitching theory. A lot more hits can be generated through turf over regular grass. And the whole better pitching thing shouldn't have anything to do with anything, nor the grass thing anyway. You play the cards your dealt.

how does the astro turf "theory" contradict the better pitcher theory? there were better pitchers in the 70's and 80's. that is just a fact. it was before baseball stupidly expanded a few teams in the 90's so the talent was not nearly as thinned out as it is now. i realize batters can skim hits through the infield more easily with turf than grass...that doesn't change the fact that there were better pitchers back then though.

plus with turf, i can tell you first hand, it's much more difficult defensively.

and of course you play the cards you were dealt. mike schmidt played them better than anyone else who ever played that position in the history of the game.
    www.myspace.com

how does the astro turf "theory" contradict the better pitcher theory? there were better pitchers in the 70's and 80's. that is just a fact. it was before baseball stupidly expanded a few teams in the 90's so the talent was not nearly as thinned out as it is now. i realize batters can skim hits through the infield more easily with turf than grass...that doesn't change the fact that there were better pitchers back then though.

plus with turf, i can tell you first hand, it's much more difficult defensively.

and of course you play the cards you were dealt. mike schmidt played them better than anyone else who ever played that position in the history of the game.

Not for long. And I hate A-Rod. And the pitching was better in the 50's and 60's as opposed to the 70's and 80's. Okay? Yeah? Now what?

Oh, and try playing rugby on turf. The worst.

Not for long. And I hate A-Rod. And the pitching was better in the 50's and 60's as opposed to the 70's and 80's. Okay? Yeah? Now what?

Oh, and try playing rugby on turf. The worst.

i will not try playing rugby on turf or grass. i am an american.

have you read the Harry the K book yet? i know i've mentioned it here before but it is gold jerry. gold.

i am at the dreaded wheels chapter right now. incidentally i blame harry's bitch 2nd wife more than wheels for the issues they had.....but during the '03 season, in trying to demean him, harry kept referring to wheels as "chris" on the air. wheels became furious because he knew everyone knew him as "wheels." so he threw a tantrum during one of their commercial breaks and went "I'M WHEEELS!! i know what you're doing! call me WHEELS on the air! iI'M WHEELS. damn it!....you can't make this up. GOLD.
    www.myspace.com

have you read the Harry the K book yet? i know i've mentioned it here before but it is gold jerry. gold.

i am at the dreaded wheels chapter right now. incidentally i blame harry's bitch 2nd wife more than wheels for the issues they had.....but during the '03 season, in trying to demean him, harry kept referring to wheels as "chris" on the air. wheels became furious because he knew everyone knew him as "wheels." so he threw a tantrum during one of their commercial breaks and went "I'M WHEEELS!! i know what you're doing! call me WHEELS on the air! iI'M WHEELS. damn it!....you can't make this up. GOLD.

Is that the one they were selling in Wawa? If so, it's been sitting on my coffee table for a while now.

Is that the one they were selling in Wawa? If so, it's been sitting on my coffee table for a while now.

not sure. if the one you have is called "Harry the K," by ruben miller....read it.
    www.myspace.com

not sure. if the one you have is called "Harry the K," by ruben miller....read it.

Nah, it's not the same one. I'll have to check that one out because this one seems like a puff piece. I CAN'T STAND Baldo Tits Magee and Chris Wheels Pedderass any longer. They are killing me. The only time I'm not stressing for them to shut the fuck up is when Sarge joins Tits for the middle innings. Notice how less Tits talks when Sarge is there. I need LA and Franske on TV.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

my woman got home from Chicago around 11 after a rough flight and pretty much told me to do it myself if I wanted anything. Yeeeah thats why I am talking basebal at this time.
    hahahaha

ouch

Dude, seriously, Rollins better than Jeter? Come on. Let's put it this way - I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, HAAAAATE the Yankees. But I like Derek Jeter.

be very thankful you live where you do and don't have to deal with spoiled 30 and under yankees fanbbase who only know what winning is about and throw down that lame we won 27 world series championships line to you. be thankful you don't have to listen to yankees fans calling up your local sports am radio station saying hey lets get cliff lee for our 2 catching prospects. be thankful you can wear phillies gear in your city and not get shit like i do for wearing mets gear in mine. until all that only then can you truly hate the yankees like i do.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Cliffy and The Fixer - you two must be women. you twist around my words to make it like I said Ryan Howard was better than Ted Williams and Jimmy Rollins is better than Derek Jeter. Never ever said either thing.

and A-Rod is not a better 3rd baseman than Mike Schmidt was.

but like women you two are always right, because you fantasy-geeks think OBP and OPS and whatever else stupid ass acronymns morons are (defensive stats, really?) coming up with today, rule the world. I cannot stand arguing sports with fantasy-geeks. they have no clue about teams and sports in general because they think you can put winning teams together by throwing out stats. doesn't work that way. good luck guys - hope you win your geek-laden fantasy leagues.
    I don't play fantasy football or baseball and I don't think stats are the end all be all but they are a very good way to predict what will happen in a baseball game.

Funny, freidman the rays gm did a pretty good job putting a team together using stats
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy and The Fixer - you two must be women. you twist around my words to make it like I said Ryan Howard was better than Ted Williams and Jimmy Rollins is better than Derek Jeter. Never ever said either thing.

and A-Rod is not a better 3rd baseman than Mike Schmidt was.

but like women you two are always right, because you fantasy-geeks think OBP and OPS and whatever else stupid ass acronymns morons are (defensive stats, really?) coming up with today, rule the world. I cannot stand arguing sports with fantasy-geeks. they have no clue about teams and sports in general because they think you can put winning teams together by throwing out stats. doesn't work that way. good luck guys - hope you win your geek-laden fantasy leagues.

take a deep breath :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Nah, it's not the same one. I'll have to check that one out because this one seems like a puff piece. I CAN'T STAND Baldo Tits Magee and Chris Wheels Pedderass any longer. They are killing me. The only time I'm not stressing for them to shut the fuck up is when Sarge joins Tits for the middle innings. Notice how less Tits talks when Sarge is there. I need LA and Franske on TV.

I'M WHEELS! CALL ME WHEELS!......gold
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

uh no Utley is not the best Phillie ever by a long shot. Mike Schmidt won multiple MVPs, hit over 500 home runs (before steroids and short parks) and was one of the greatest defensive 3Bs of all time. Utley is great but does not reach Schmidt's level. I saw Schmidt in his prime when I was a kid, did you or do you just assume Utley is better?

and Ryan Howard has won 1 mvp and was 2nd in voting another time. Utley hasn't really come close. Love Utley and think he is awesome but to say emphatically that he is the best Philly ever is absurd. would it kill Chase to hit .330 or hit 40-50 homers? He has done neither yet. in no way am I disparaging Utley - just saying he has had some darn good years but never really a dominant season like Howard has.

yeah, I grew up watching schmidt too. utley plays a premium defensive position and he's a better hitter. home runs are shiny and nice, but I'll take the guy that hits for average and power, and plays great defense at a premium position...not to mention utley's incredible OBP and baserunning. utley helps the phillies win more than any other player in team history

people love to look at homers and RBI. there is much more to baseball than that.

mvp and individual awards are stupid...they are voted on by sportswriters that have no clue what they're talking about. Jimmy Rollins won an MVP too...do you think that makes him better than utley? derrek jeter has never won an MVP...is rollins better than jeter because rollins has won an MVP? of course not. those awards are meaningless. a couple of years ago edinson volquez got 10 votes for NL ROY...he wasn't even eligible for the award.

rating players based on awards is just plain weak
    after all this period of time i relieved 1 thing your clueless. Your posts seriously hurt to read,u seem like a good dude but please stop embarssing yourself.

first of all, how did you pass 2nd grade? your/you're...learn them. second of all, your post makes no sense. 'I relieved 1 thing your clueless'...what the fuck does that mean?

finally, if you want to disagree with me, that's fine. Just bring something to the table and explain why you disagree.

new phillie fans are so annoying
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't play fantasy football or baseball and I don't think stats are the end all be all but they are a very good way to predict what will happen in a baseball game.

Funny, freidman the rays gm did a pretty good job putting a team together using stats

yes it was Sabermetrics and not the 5 or so top 5 draft picks they had (bangs head against the wall)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

donovan mcnabb stinks.

the phils need to bring back pedro feliz is the dumbest baseball related thing anyone has ever said. anywhere.

and ryan howard is comparable to ted williams
    The Fixer wrote:

donovan mcnabb stinks.

the phils need to bring back pedro feliz is the dumbest baseball related thing anyone has ever said. anywhere.

and ryan howard is comparable to ted williams

"brad lidge will be fine." -fixer.
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.