***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    Or how about a combination of the draf and statistics. He was on the rays- red sox broadcast the other day talking about how much he values advanced stats. There is nothing wrong with looking at these stats and fighuring out which ones you think are important. I do not like all of them.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

With your whole enlarged font of history of the game motif ya got going on there. It's not going to go on for much longer. I know as Phillies fans, we don't have much to hold onto when it comes to history, and as I can see, it is sacrilege to say anything opposed to good ol' Stache. And gold gloves are like offensive linemen going to the Pro Bowl - once you're voted in once, you become a name and your name alone will send you back every year as long as you're not hurt.

seriously...bobby abreu won a gold glove and he was the biggest pu ever to play RF for the phils. and palmeiro won a gg one year where he played like 15 games in the field that entire season (was DH most of the year).

gold gloves are more meaningless than MVP, ROY awards, or RBI
    (schmidt played on astro turf his whole career...brooks played on grass--lot tougher on turf

dude, you're wrong again. there are no bad hops on turf...grass is tougher.

keep sending emails like this and we are putting you on probation

I CAN'T STAND Baldo Tits Magee and Chris Wheels Pedderass any longer. They are killing me. The only time I'm not stressing for them to shut the fuck up is when Sarge joins Tits for the middle innings. Notice how less Tits talks when Sarge is there. I need LA and Franske on TV.

Tits Magee is classic. Best show ever.

and I agree...the broadcast is horrendous, except for Sarge and his unintentional comedy
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy and The Fixer - you two must be women. you twist around my words to make it like I said Ryan Howard was better than Ted Williams and Jimmy Rollins is better than Derek Jeter. Never ever said either thing.

and A-Rod is not a better 3rd baseman than Mike Schmidt was.

but like women you two are always right, because you fantasy-geeks think OBP and OPS and whatever else stupid ass acronymns morons are (defensive stats, really?) coming up with today, rule the world. I cannot stand arguing sports with fantasy-geeks. they have no clue about teams and sports in general because they think you can put winning teams together by throwing out stats. doesn't work that way. good luck guys - hope you win your geek-laden fantasy leagues.

this made me laugh. sadly it's probably your best post in this thread
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol::lol:
    chase utley is better than mike schmidt.
    derrick favors is a better pick than evan turner.
    donovan mcnabb stinks.

atta way fixer! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :thumbup: :wave:

the phils need to bring back pedro feliz is the dumbest baseball related thing anyone has ever said. anywhere.

and ryan howard is comparable to ted williams

"brad lidge will be fine." -fixer.

never said he'd be fine, I said I wasn't going to worry about him in april since he is coming off an injury. I don't worry about the closer this early in the year...plenty of time to get the pen straightened out
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    The Fixer wrote:
    (schmidt played on astro turf his whole career...brooks played on grass--lot tougher on turf

you just enjoy disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, don't you?

the ball gets to you a lot quicker on turf so you have less time to react. especially at a position like 3rd base....this is not to mention the greater physical toll it takes on your body.

and, i don't believe i have ever sent you an email. not sure what you are talking about there, guy.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

the phils need to bring back pedro feliz is the dumbest baseball related thing anyone has ever said. anywhere.

and ryan howard is comparable to ted williams

"brad lidge will be fine." -fixer.

never said he'd be fine,

and i never said the phillies need to bring pedro feliz back.

see how fun it is to twist people's words?
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

you just enjoy disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing, don't you?

the ball gets to you a lot quicker on turf so you have less time to react. especially at a position like 3rd base....this is not to mention the greater physical toll it takes on your body.

and, i don't believe i have ever sent you an email. not sure what you are talking about there, guy.

dude you get true hops on turf. talk to any infielder and they will tell you they'd rather have a true hop. grass cutouts are what causes dudes to get drilled in the face or balls by bad hops.

only reason players prefer grass to turf is because it's a lot more forgiving on their bodies. as far as playing the position though, turf is much much easier.

the email thing was good...haha

you were just swole when they let him go. you said they should bring him back, not that they needed to (or something along those lines). when I brought up the fact that his OBP, SLG, and OPS were among the worst in the league, you said that stuff didn't matter. we can go to the archives if we need to, but I really don't feel like looking back thru the thread

point is, you were wrong with what you said about feliz
    The Fixer wrote:

you were just swole when they let him go. you said they should bring him back, not that they needed to (or something along those lines). when I brought up the fact that his OBP, SLG, and OPS were among the worst in the league, you said that stuff didn't matter. we can go to the archives if we need to, but I really don't feel like looking back thru the thread

point is, you were wrong with what you said about feliz

wow. you are a difficult person man. god bless your wife for putting up with you. did this feliz debate from 6 months ago leave some kind of lasting impression on you?

i never said they needed to bring him back. i said i was happy with them bringing in polanco and that he would be an upgrade offensively. my main concern was that we'd miss feliz's defense. polanco had not played third in 5 years and feliz was a god damn vacume in the field. that, my friend, was a legitamate concern to have. i have no qualms saying it looks like i was wrong. polanco has been more than servicable in the field thus far.

you were wrong about lidge though.

and, for the record, i don't think i have ever been "swole" about anything.
    www.myspace.com
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Swept AND completely shut out by the METS??????? What the fuck?? Reminds me of the Terry Francona years.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    And, yes, A-Rod - as much as I hate to say it - WILL be the best third baseman to have played the game. Defense means shit in getting to the Hall. And he's going to have to go in as a third baseman or a shortstop.

I've only been wrong once. and that was the time I thought I was wrong.

I'm off to the in-laws shorehouse for the weekend. great people but I'm not looking forward to wathching the flyers with them tomorrow night. they are all recently part of the bandwagon. the new term for these types of fans is 'jeaglers'.

stay thirsty my friends
    The Fixer wrote:

I've only been wrong once. and that was the time I thought I was wrong.

I'm off to the in-laws shorehouse for the weekend. great people but I'm not looking forward to wathching the flyers with them tomorrow night. they are all recently part of the bandwagon. the new term for these types of fans is 'jeaglers'.

stay thirsty my friends

i have no problem calling them jeaglers for that sport.

like i always say, if it's spring time...it's hockey time! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
    Wow. I can't believe the Phils broadcast actually put up a negative stat. Yep, it's official - Howard BLOWS with a man on third with less than 2 outs. BE LOWS.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    yeah, I grew up watching schmidt too. utley plays a premium defensive position and he's a better hitter. home runs are shiny and nice, but I'll take the guy that hits for average and power, and plays great defense at a premium position...not to mention utley's incredible OBP and baserunning. utley helps the phillies win more than any other player in team history

people love to look at homers and RBI. there is much more to baseball than that.

mvp and individual awards are stupid...they are voted on by sportswriters that have no clue what they're talking about. Jimmy Rollins won an MVP too...do you think that makes him better than utley? derrek jeter has never won an MVP...is rollins better than jeter because rollins has won an MVP? of course not. those awards are meaningless. a couple of years ago edinson volquez got 10 votes for NL ROY...he wasn't even eligible for the award.

rating players based on awards is just plain weak[/quote]
    after all this period of time i relieved 1 thing your clueless. Your posts seriously hurt to read,u seem like a good dude but please stop embarssing yourself.[/quote]

first of all, how did you pass 2nd grade? your/you're...learn them. second of all, your post makes no sense. 'I relieved 1 thing your clueless'...what the fuck does that mean?

finally, if you want to disagree with me, that's fine. Just bring something to the table and explain why you disagree.

new phillie fans are so annoying[/quote]
    First off i was way drunk,and secondly your views are plain absurd imo. And as far as me being a new fan,i was a new fan about 30yrs ago. I'm about as hard core of a Philly sports fan you'll ever meet. If i didn't blow out my arm my senior year i could have played collegeball. I'm certain of 1 thing u bitch way too much about amazing players.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    whata train wreck of a quoting job jamminpearls, geez bro
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Hey, look at that. We scored. And we wan. Yay.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    It's been a while so I just wanted to say hello....nice week of baseball :) ..take care, fuckers..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    The Champ wrote:
    It's been a while so I just wanted to say hello....nice week of baseball :) ..take care, fuckers..

I think he's believing again. :lol:
    Doc against Johnson, followed by the Flyers? That's like filet mignon followed up by filet mignon wrapped in bacon.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    Don't turn on the Phillies game whistling1.gif
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I think I just had the filet wrapped in bacon first.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    Perfect
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    all these perfect games are getting out of control. clearly, we need to lower the mound. :lol:

3 is less than 12 months. crazy. but the moral of the story is, if you want to throw a perfect game, plan on doing it agaist a FL team
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    all these perfect games are getting out of control. clearly, we need to lower the mound. :lol:

3 is less than 12 months. crazy. but the moral of the story is, if you want to throw a perfect game, plan on doing it agaist a FL team

2 were perfectos
    www.myspace.com
    this is what i get for being a hockey fan last night. i missed the first 5 innings for game 1. DOH!

i love how doc gave chooch all the credit last night. chooch is the fucking man. best catcher we've had since dutch in his prime. i love the way he handles the staff.

and by the way....does anyone think it is out of the realm of possibility that doc can at least toss another no hitter this year? i don't......has anyone ever thrown two in one year before?
    www.myspace.com
    81 wrote:

2 were perfectos

there are 3 perfect games in the last 12 months

two this year and burle's last summer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    has anyone ever thrown two in one year before?

two in a year..pfft, that's nothing. try back to back games

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/feats/featsjv.shtml
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
This discussion has been closed.