***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,777
    81 wrote:
    all these perfect games are getting out of control. clearly, we need to lower the mound. :lol:

3 is less than 12 months. crazy. but the moral of the story is, if you want to throw a perfect game, plan on doing it agaist a FL team

A few days ago one of the Cubs pitchers was accused of "cheating" by not placing his foot on the rubber mound and it was several inches away.

Hoping their hitting catches up to their pitching soon.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    all these perfect games are getting out of control. clearly, we need to lower the mound. :lol:

3 is less than 12 months. crazy. but the moral of the story is, if you want to throw a perfect game, plan on doing it agaist a FL team

A few days ago one of the Cubs pitchers was accused of "cheating" by not placing his foot on the rubber mound and it was several inches away.

Hoping their hitting catches up to their pitching soon.

Lilly
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,511
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

2 were perfectos

there are 3 perfect games in the last 12 months

two this year and burle's last summer

oh right. i misread what your post
    www.myspace.com
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    this is what i get for being a hockey fan last night. i missed the first 5 innings for game 1. DOH!

i love how doc gave chooch all the credit last night. chooch is the fucking man. best catcher we've had since dutch in his prime. i love the way he handles the staff.

and by the way....does anyone think it is out of the realm of possibility that doc can at least toss another no hitter this year? i don't......has anyone ever thrown two in one year before?

as a Toronto Blue jay fan, i say congrats to Doc. just a great player and i give him all the respect in the world. just wished that i was able to see him this year but damm G20 screwed that up for me.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    fife wrote:
    as a Toronto Blue jay fan, i say congrats to Doc. just a great player and i give him all the respect in the world. just wished that i was able to see him this year but damm G20 screwed that up for me.

yup ... would love to see doc win another cy young ... although ubaldo is having a crazy year ...
    Well there goes first place. Least we scored some runs :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    polaris_x wrote:
    fife wrote:

yup ... would love to see doc win another cy young ... although ubaldo is having a crazy year ...

yes, i think he might win another this year. just a great pitcher who i wished the jays never traded but happy that he was traded for him. I am already a Flyers fan and maybe i will cheer for another philly team. I know i won't but I will cheer for Doc.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    This is painfull to watch

Please dont get swept by ATL :roll:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    at least lidge looked good yesterday.

this happens every year with the hitting, though not this quite severe. that will come around.

blanton, by the way, is 1-4 with a 5.68 era right now as our #3. glad he's "back." :roll:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423

this happens every year with the hitting, though not this quite severe. that will come around.

blanton, by the way, is 1-4 with a 5.68 era right now as our #3. glad he's "back." :roll:

who would you rather have there?

the offense fn sucks right now - this is brutal to watch. something like 68 innings without a home run. time for Utley and Howard to step up the power. my god how many double plays can Valdez ground into? the guy plays a great shortstop but he is an offensive double play machine.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

i have no problem calling them jeaglers for that sport.

like i always say, if it's spring time...it's hockey time! :mrgreen:

I just like breaking your stones. at least you're cool about it.

First off i was way drunk,and secondly your views are plain absurd imo. And as far as me being a new fan,i was a new fan about 30yrs ago. I'm about as hard core of a Philly sports fan you'll ever meet. If i didn't blow out my arm my senior year i could have played collegeball. I'm certain of 1 thing u bitch way too much about amazing players.

dude, I don't come on here to argue about shit. you disagreed with me, which is fine, but I don't understand the need for name calling or putdowns. Just state your reason for disagreeing and we can discuss like adults.

I know that you, jeags, and pjhawks love ryan howard. I think he does a great job of representing the phils and the city of philadelphia, but I think he is vastly overrated and ridiculously overpaid (may be the worst contract in all of sports). he is one dimensional -- he hits for power. he peaked as a player during his MVP season. He BLOWS in the field. He stinks at driving in runs in certain situations (guy on 3rd, less than 2 outs). His walk rates and OBP are on a 5 year downward trend. He can't throw. He can't hit LH pitching

He hits a ball 450' every couple of weeks and everyone forgets all of his flaws. There is much more to baseball than hitting home runs. He is a good player and a good guy but there is nothing great about him, so I don't understand why he's paid like a great player.
    pjhawks wrote:

who would you rather have there?

the offense fn sucks right now - this is brutal to watch. something like 68 innings without a home run. time for Utley and Howard to step up the power. my god how many double plays can Valdez ground into? the guy plays a great shortstop but he is an offensive double play machine.

for the 10 thousandth time, the SP is fine. and the offense will be fine too. the bullpen is the only area I'm concerned about.

been a tough 10 days, but baseball is a longggg season. there are gonna be peaks and valleys during the year...it's inevitable.

as long as there are no major injuries they will be fine
    thank god for the rain.

hamels gives up a 3 run bomb and it then the heavens open up.....hopefully this game gets rained out. we could sure use it the way we're going right now....
    www.myspace.com
    thank god for the rain.

hamels gives up a 3 run bomb and it then the heavens open up.....hopefully this game gets rained out. we could sure use it the way we're going right now....

how many hits have you gotten in the last week?
    still waiting for the offense to wake up :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:
    thank god for the rain.

me personally? :problem:

well i know i was only 2 behind how many howard and utley had in the last week going into last night. crazy....how bout you?
    www.myspace.com

at least howard broke the teams homer-less streak. longest since 19-fucking-'99

it's insane though. utley's like 9 for his last 50 and is hitting just .276...werth's average has dropped from .350 to .295...and howard's has dropped from .312 to .280---all in the last couple weeks. they did get double digit hits for the first time in a while last night.

i have no doubt we will break out of this sooner than later. but it's really just baffling that,as good as we are, the whole team at the same time can go into such a huge prolonged slump.

anyone know when j-roll is going to try and come back again?
    www.myspace.com

it's insane though. utley's like 9 for his last 50 and is hitting just .276...werth's average has dropped from .350 to .295...and howard's has dropped from .312 to .280---all in the last couple weeks. they did get double digit hits for the first time in a while last night.

i have no doubt we will break out of this sooner than later. but it's really just baffling that,as good as we are, the whole team at the same time can go into such a huge prolonged slump.

watching last night couldn't help but think that some on here think Utley's double was better than Howard's home run - you know because of on-base percentage is more important than runs.

honestly for the 1st time starting to get worried about this team. offense has been brutal but it's taken some of the attention off the brutal base-running and defense they have played as well. not a good couple of weeks.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    pjhawks wrote:

watching last night couldn't help but think that some on here think Utley's double was better than Howard's home run - you know because of on-base percentage is more important than runs.

You are completely missing the point. A player that can do lots of things well is better than a player that can do one thing well.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

You are completely missing the point. A player that can do lots of things well is better than a player that can do one thing well.

nah i'm just tweaking you guys a bit. Love Utley as well. Never said he wasn't better all around than Howard.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,712
    pjhawks wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

nah i'm just tweaking you guys a bit. Love Utley as well. Never said he wasn't better all around than Howard.

haha, fair enough. I was really hoping we were not going to get into this again.
    The Fixer wrote:
    thank god for the rain.

me personally? :problem:

well i know i was only 2 behind how many howard and utley had in the last week going into last night. crazy....how bout you?

yeah, you said 'the way we're hitting' so I figured you were on the team. I'm not on the team

it's still early in the year bro. don't worry about stats

rollins is expected to be back around 6/7 or 6/8...he's gonna be in clearwater for rehab this weekend/early next week
    pjhawks wrote:

honestly for the 1st time starting to get worried about this team. offense has been brutal but it's taken some of the attention off the brutal base-running and defense they have played as well. not a good couple of weeks.

howard can't hold utleys jock. seriously, howard has been the worst of everyone on the team over the last 10 days between his strikeouts, failure to drive in runs with guys on 3rd and less than 2 out, and his atrocious defense (that play on monday just made me laugh). He SUCKS in the field...absolutely sucks

but he hits a home run and you insinuate that he's better than utley. ridiculous
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,424
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    The Fixer wrote:
    howard can't hold utleys jock. seriously, howard has been the worst of everyone on the team over the last 10 days between his strikeouts, failure to drive in runs with guys on 3rd and less than 2 out, and his atrocious defense (that play on monday just made me laugh). He SUCKS in the field...absolutely sucks

but he hits a home run and you insinuate that he's better than utley. ridiculous

lighten up Francis - read the next two posts after that - i was just having some fun tweaking you guys.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

lighten up Francis - read the next two posts after that - i was just having some fun tweaking you guys.

ah, well played mauer...

they should let howard play the field with a lacrosse stick instead of a glove
    The Fixer wrote:

this coming from the biggest stat geek on here :lol::lol::lol::lol:

my point was not about their stats, just to illustrate how horrific this slump has been.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

this coming from the biggest stat geek on here :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I honestly don't look at individual stats much. When I do though I know which ones are important and which ones are useless
This discussion has been closed.