***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    damn, stop the bleeding. Least their slump is in the beginning of the year :?

as per usual.
    www.myspace.com
    jimed14 wrote:

this explains a lot.

preach on cliffy.
    :ugeek:

:thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    edited May 2010
    stop the bleeding DOC.

this is why we traded for this guy folks. i expect 8+ innings today.

make it happen roy. :thumbup:
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • I watched this video of a guy holding a baby and having her throw back a Barajas home run ball last night. One of the comments on the vid said "as a phillies fan i say what? that guy is really an eagles fan who probably never even cared about the phils until 2 yrs ago.". The poster's name was Jam922. That had to be you, username The Fixer, wasn't it? :roll: :lol:
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,780
    I watched this video of a guy holding a baby and having her throw back a Barajas home run ball last night. One of the comments on the vid said "as a phillies fan i say what? that guy is really an eagles fan who probably never even cared about the phils until 2 yrs ago.". The poster's name was Jam922. That had to be you, username The Fixer, wasn't it? :roll: :lol:

Reminds me of the video of that girl who threw a ball back and her dad didn't care and hugged her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm3gE76BEgU
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,959
    I watched this video of a guy holding a baby and having her throw back a Barajas home run ball last night. One of the comments on the vid said "as a phillies fan i say what? that guy is really an eagles fan who probably never even cared about the phils until 2 yrs ago.". The poster's name was Jam922. That had to be you, username The Fixer, wasn't it? :roll: :lol:

I saw that, and personally thought it was awesome. I mean, I wouldn't take a baby that young to a ballgame, but it was funny how the whole crowd around them put their hands up for a high five from the little one. Funny.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    7 innings 3 hits and zero runs would have been nice last night.
    Go Birds!!!!
    stop the bleeding DOC.

this is why we traded for this guy folks. i expect 8+ innings today.

make it happen roy. :thumbup:

DOC IT.
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    The Fixer wrote:
    The end years of the deal may not be great for this franchise, but having him locked up gives this team another 3-4 years window in the NL - can't argue with that. I'll take the risk of 2 extra years at $25 million for the opportunity to win it all for another 3 or 4 years.
    The Fixer wrote:
    totally disagree. this deal hurts the phils ability to win over the next 3 to 4 years. Howard had 2 years left on his deal. There was no need to extend him so early (if at all). Now they have so much money allocated to howard, it restricts their ability to add players at the deadline, or re-sign more important players like rollins and utley.

I like howard, but this deal is horrible for the phils. I'm in the minority...most people in philly were happy when howard got $10 million in arbitration, even though that was bad for the phils too.

there's a reason most baseball analysts (ie not philly radio hosts or newspaper columnists) hate this contract from the phils perspective

yes but the Phils have set the market now and are not following the market. If Pujols signed 1st the Phils were screwed because the market would be even more inflated. Let's see what Pujols, Fielder and Gonzalez get in the next 2 years. If those guys get over $25 million (and Pujols clearly will) we may have gotten Howard at a good rate by signing him early like the Eagles usually do with their stars.

Back to the games - don't you love how we give the Mets such brutal losses. mets riding high in 1st place with their ace and we kick the ever loving shit out of him. Awesome - one of the best innings I've seen in 30 some years for this team. say what you want about Victorino but they guy gets BIG hits. Man it is fun to watch this team hit when they are on.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

haha, wasn't me...

I have thrown a HR back though...benito santiago when he played for KC. snatched the HR out of the air with one hand, beer in my other hand (I'm not one of those tools that brings a glove to a game either...those people are the worst). tossed the ball back to burrell. I've also caught a howard HR ball (extra inning GW off of Brazoban when he played for LAD) and a ball curtis granderson tossed into the crowd in between innings.

catching a ball at a game really is a rush.
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, wasn't me...

I have thrown a HR back though...benito santiago when he played for KC. snatched the HR out of the air with one hand, beer in my other hand (I'm not one of those tools that brings a glove to a game either...those people are the worst). tossed the ball back to burrell. I've also caught a howard HR ball (extra inning GW off of Brazoban when he played for LAD) and a ball curtis granderson tossed into the crowd in between innings.

closest i have gotten was a charlie hayes SMASH to the left field seats against the expos back in the mid 90's...i was so shocked it was coming right at me i kind of froze for a second. it landed a about 20 feet behind me and then i was part of a mad scramble to retrieve it. didn't get it though.

so you've caught 3? that is impressive
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, wasn't me...

closest i have gotten was a charlie hayes SMASH to the left field seats against the expos back in the mid 90's...i was so shocked it was coming right at me i kind of froze for a second. it landed a about 20 feet behind me and then i was part of a mad scramble to retrieve it. didn't get it though.

so you've caught 3? that is impressive

yeah, I've caught 3. threw one back. first one I was on a date...let's just say that night ended well
    at least phat joe looked good tonight. gotta be encouraged by that...
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,959
    Is it really a big deal that this dude got tasered? I mean, is it worth the national coverage? Maybe it's excessive force, maybe it's not. If it stops future incidents for the organization then I guess it's a success, I dunno. I just know I enjoy these type of antics. But, at the same time, ya deserve whatever you get when you do something like this.
    Is it really a big deal that this dude got tasered? I mean, is it worth the national coverage? Maybe it's excessive force, maybe it's not. If it stops future incidents for the organization then I guess it's a success, I dunno. I just know I enjoy these type of antics. But, at the same time, ya deserve whatever you get when you do something like this.

it is not excessive force. ask Monica Seles if allowing a fan to rush a field of play is ok - ask the 1st base coach of the white sox (i think it was the white sox...?) who got attacked a few years ago. keep dumb fuckers like this off the field and if tasering the ahole and having it played on national tv keeps dumb asses like this from doing it again then I am all for it.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    pjhawks wrote:

it is not excessive force. ask Monica Seles if allowing a fan to rush a field of play is ok - ask the 1st base coach of the white sox (i think it was the white sox...?) who got attacked a few years ago. keep dumb fuckers like this off the field and if tasering the ahole and having it played on national tv keeps dumb asses like this from doing it again then I am all for it.

Agree, not only that, he got up and walked off the field ONLY 30 seconds later ... video ...

http://www.the700level.com/2010/05/new- ... -park.html

if you can put someone down and they are ok to get up and walk 30 seconds later, that is NOT excessive force!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    figures this is geting all kinds of exposure. why you ask? because it happened in philadelphia.

i didn't hear any talk about the guy who got tasered in oakland until last night. :roll:

big game for cole tonight. going up against wainright. we are now in may. it's time for him to start pitching like a top of the rotation pitcher again. starting........NOW.
    www.myspace.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,714
    figures this is geting all kinds of exposure. why you ask? because it happened in philadelphia.

i didn't hear any talk about the guy who got tasered in oakland until last night. :roll:

big game for cole tonight. going up against wainright. we are now in may. it's time for him to start pitching like a top of the rotation pitcher again. starting........NOW.

The Oakland one was all over deadspin. It was the same older guy that got into the fight on the bus.

I love watching these clowns run on the field too. Of course it's not necessary for cops to taze someone...but most cops are douchebags. the kid weighed about a buck ten. it's not like he was a threat to anyone's safety. Just a drunken idiot

Love this scene from the Departed...

Billy Costigan: There was a cop leaving when I came in.
    Madolyn: How did you know he was a cop?
    Billy Costigan: Ya know, bad haircut, no dress sense, and, you know, a slight air of scumbag entitlement.

I'm heading down tonight. I'm not concerned about the starting pitching. The bullpen is another story
    I've got 2 tickets for Saturday's game I'm trying to sell. It's a 3:30 game vs Atlanta. My seats are money...section 139, row 18 (seats are along the LF foul line and my seats are on the railing -- think steve bartman's seats). I am heading to pittsburgh to visit friends this weekend, then to cleveland for the PJ show on sunday.

PM me if you're interested
    The Fixer wrote:

I love watching these clowns run on the field too. Of course it's not necessary for cops to taze someone...but most cops are douchebags. the kid weighed about a buck ten. it's not like he was a threat to anyone's safety. Just a drunken idiot

Love this scene from the Departed...

Billy Costigan: There was a cop leaving when I came in.
    Madolyn: How did you know he was a cop?
    Billy Costigan: Ya know, bad haircut, no dress sense, and, you know, a slight air of scumbag entitlement.

How do you know he wasn't a threat to anyone's safety? who knows what he might have had in his pockets or what if he swings at one of the players. No sympathy whatsoever for this dbag. You can't pick and choose after the fact if it was right or not - maybe tasering a loser like this keeps the next loser from trying it.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    pjhawks wrote:

I disagree

I think it was totally wrong to taze a minor. You mean to tell me a cop and 5 other people couldn't catch a 17 year old drunk. What if the kid didn't get up after he get tazed and died on the field.

Also times have changed from the 80's and 90's. People can easily carry weapons in their shoes or a pocket that won't get picked up by the metal wand. We all have seen at least one drunk do this every game back in the day and everyone in the stadium would laugh and say oh whata silly drunk and think nothing of it. Hell I can remember they would show it on tv and the announcers would poke fun at the drunk.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

I disagree

I think it was totally wrong to taze a minor. You mean to tell me a cop and 5 other people couldn't catch a 17 year old drunk. What if the kid didn't get up after he get tazed and died on the field.

Also times have changed from the 80's and 90's. People can easily carry weapons in their shoes or a pocket that won't get picked up by the metal wand. We all have seen at least one drunk do this every game back in the day and everyone in the stadium would laugh and say oh whata silly drunk and think nothing of it. Hell I can remember they would show it on tv and the announcers would poke fun at the drunk.

so it was ok if he was 18? can you tell the age of everyone on site as they are running away from you? come on now. and if the kid didn't get up and died from the taser it would have been his own damn fault. don't go trespassing where you are not supposed to be. the story now is he even called his dad from the game and said he was going to do it - what a fn dbag. he not only should have been tasered a good ass kicking was probably in order as well. i imagine you'd have a different attitude if he was trespassing on your property?
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Nope I wouldn't have a different attitude. I'd call the cops and tell them someone is trespassing on my lawn and leave it at that. Yes I do have a tazer and a bat if this ever happened to me.

The only reason why this is a story is cause its a philly fan and espn(the tmz of sports) ran with the story. If espn didn't show this I wouldn't have noticed or cared much bout it.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    Nope I wouldn't have a different attitude. I'd call the cops and tell them someone is trespassing on my lawn and leave it at that. Yes I do have a tazer and a bat if this ever happened to me.

contradictions are running rampant...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

I'm heading down tonight. I'm not concerned about the starting pitching. The bullpen is another story

when all starters not named halladay have an era over 5, ya should be a bit concerned dude.

encouraging sign last night with blanton though. that was great to see. hamels has to get his shit together.

bullpen is a fucking mess right now--agreed. looks like mad dog is gonna miss a decent amount of time.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

when all starters not named halladay have an era over 5, ya should be a bit concerned dude.

encouraging sign last night with blanton though. that was great to see. hamels has to get his shit together.

bullpen is a fucking mess right now--agreed. looks like mad dog is gonna miss a decent amount of time.

the other reason to be concerned is that every team in the division is better than they were last year.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    probably a bit excessive but the cop was out of shape so, he wasn't planning on running much more ... ;)

having said that - the crappy thing is this kid is gonna get his 15 mins of fame ... sorta rewarded for acting like an idiot ...
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I think it was idiocy on both ends. Going onto the field isn't real smart considering you go to jail for doing it. However, where in that chase do you get the idea that he was going to do something wrong? He was waving those lame as white philly flags. Given the Philly police's past, and the danger of tazing someone (many have died and had psych problems from being tazed) who was visibly weaponless and not making any dangerous movements, this wasn't the best idea...jail the F out of him, or make him do community service, but there was no reason in this instance to zap the kid.
This discussion has been closed.