Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    Hit up xfinity live again today after playing golf. Definitely a great spot. Really big crowd there for the flyers game. Some class act was yelling the word "faggot" at the tv during the game. Some people have no concept of how to act in public.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:

And Victorino too. He's said to want a 5 year deal like Rollins wanted.

from afar, I'd say it's time to bid aloha (see what I did there?) to Victorino. I think his best years are in the rear view.

he was their best position player last year. you're prob right about his decline already starting, but amaro doesn't pay attention to common sense line of thinking such as that

and yes, xfinity live is awesome. I want to organize a trip down there to watch one of the flyers playoff games. was it crowded?
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

from afar, I'd say it's time to bid aloha (see what I did there?) to Victorino. I think his best years are in the rear view.

he was their best position player last year. you're prob right about his decline already starting, but amaro doesn't pay attention to common sense line of thinking such as that

and yes, xfinity live is awesome. I want to organize a trip down there to watch one of the flyers playoff games. was it crowded?

Yeah, pretty big crowd. The entire middle area was packed. Was able to get a seat in Victory easily, the bar at Victory was pretty packed though.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Hit up xfinity live again today after playing golf. Definitely a great spot. Really big crowd there for the flyers game. Some class act was yelling the word "faggot" at the tv during the game. Some people have no concept of how to act in public.

How's the prices down there ?

Not as bad as the stadiums I hope
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Not nearly as bad as the stadiums. Craft beers at victory are $6. Miller lites at the outside area were $4.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Not nearly as bad as the stadiums. Craft beers at victory are $6. Miller lites at the outside area were $4.

That's not too bad

I'm gonna hit it for a Flyers playoff game

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,705
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

How's the prices down there ?

Not as bad as the stadiums I hope

didn't someone mention taps ON the tables? :shock: :?

what, do they have like a gas pump meter? beer by the ounce?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    imalive wrote:

yeah but having your best years behind you and being washed-up are two different things. I know aging hurts speed guys like him more than sluggers, but he still has a few years where he could contribute. I bet they work out a 3 year thing for him like they did with Rollins.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what a douche bag. :roll:

going to the phils first night game. so that will probably be my first chance to check it out. looking forward to it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,771
    I think Pence is kind of overrated by Phillies fans. He's a good player but not a superstar. Might have to agree with Fixer here - contract aside Werth is a slight upgrade on Pence.

Yeah I need to find out about this taps on the table thing...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I think Pence is kind of overrated by Phillies fans. He's a good player but not a superstar. Might have to agree with Fixer here - contract aside Werth is a slight upgrade on Pence.

I just saw the table taps from a distance. Didn't get close enough to check them out (or if I did I was too drunk to remember). I do remember the scene in the pbr bar though...tremendous. That's one place where I could tolerate country music

Hoping the flyers have a weekend road playoff game when phils are also away. If any of the teams are home that place is going to be a zoo all spring/summer. Can't wait to go back though
  • Options
    This is what the taps at the table look something like, except the ones I saw were at a high top table and not a booth. It has a little meter on it, it looked like

fixed-table.jpg

Edit: Here's one at a high top table

table-tap.jpg
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I just saw the table taps from a distance. Didn't get close enough to check them out (or if I did I was too drunk to remember). I do remember the scene in the pbr bar though...tremendous. That's one place where I could tolerate country music

Hoping the flyers have a weekend road playoff game when phils are also away. If any of the teams are home that place is going to be a zoo all spring/summer. Can't wait to go back though

Going to be a zoo down there for the Flyers games in general. It was mobbed yesterday, not overwhelmingly like before Bruce, but pretty packed.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Going to be a zoo down there for the Flyers games in general. It was mobbed yesterday, not overwhelmingly like before Bruce, but pretty packed.

I'm willing to get there at noon for a 3:00 game. The horn that goes off when they score is awesome. I can't wait for the playoffs next week. April and October are the best for sports
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is what the taps at the table look something like, except the ones I saw were at a high top table and not a booth. It has a little meter on it, it looked like

fixed-table.jpg

table-tap.jpg

They have those at Blondie's a sports bar in Vegas we went to last year

Nothing like being out all night drinking and then watching football at 10am the next morning with beer taps at your table

:wtf:

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,705
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fixed-table.jpg

table-tap.jpg

so it IS like pumping gas :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fixed-table.jpg

table-tap.jpg

maybe this is a dumb question...but how does this work? you get a booth and and get your keg? :? :lol: i've never seen that set up before...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Because the weather is going to be nice, we are heading to the game tonight. Maybe Chase will serve me a beer and Cliff Lee can take my wife on a tour of a bathroom stall :shock:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fixed-table.jpg

table-tap.jpg

so it IS like pumping gas :lol:

Haha, it is, I think.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

fixed-table.jpg

table-tap.jpg

maybe this is a dumb question...but how does this work? you get a booth and and get your keg? :? :lol: i've never seen that set up before...

Really not sure. Think it charges you by the ounce or something. Assume they have to turn it on, then the meter charges you however much you pour. Didn't get a chance to use it, just saw them. Look sweet though.
  • Options
    gonna be a lot of quick games this summer. not looking forward to watching this offense. get well chase

I think we have a pretty good idea of Manuel's intentions for the first month or so of the schedule:

1. Play Jim Thome twice per week at first base with Mayberry playing the other three or four games.

2. Rotate Juan Pierre and Laynce Nix in left field, with Pierre getting the bulk of the starts against lefties.

3. On occasion, against certain lefties, start John Mayberry Jr. in left and Ty Wigginton at first base.

In other words, I see Thome and Nix both getting two starts per week and Mayberry and Pierre both getting four. Mayberry will pick up a start every now and then in center field in relief of Shane Victorino, while Wigginton could work in at third on occasion. That puts Mayberry in position to reach 500 plate appearances, should he continue to earn the opportunity. But it is going to take a lot more than last night to convince anybody that the Galvis-Pitcher-Pierre-Polanco portion of the lineup is going to produce anything more than a convenient opportunity to grab beer, hot dogs and a bathroom break.
  • Options
    prime example of how the howard deal will kill this franchise for next 5-6 years

Now the Phillies' decision about Hamels has been clearly framed for them by the Cain contract. The market value has been defined.

Hamels is about the same age as Cain, and he could be eligible for free agency in the fall, as Cain was. The only real difference is that Hamels is left-handed and Cain is a righty, and typically, lefties have gotten the largest deals, from CC Sabathia to Cliff Lee to Johan Santana to Barry Zito.

The talks between the Phillies and Hamels have been dormant in recent weeks but can be rekindled with a single phone call. It's hard to imagine, though, that any offer markedly less than what Cain got would have a chance for a deal.

The Phillies have been asking themselves this: Do they want to commit about $70 million annually to three starting pitchers -- and $95 million to four players, if you include Ryan Howard? Can that be a framework that will create success?

If the Phillies don't want to pay Hamels market value, someone else will.

The Yankees will be in a better position to make a pitch for pitchers in a couple of years, writes Joel Sherman.
  • Options
    "dormant in recent weeks?" i don't buy that.

salisbury said a deal was close as recently as 5 days ago. hamels hinted that they needed to wait until after the season starts so it won't affect the luxury tax this year or something. i guess the cain deal may have thrown a wrench in the plans a bit though...still think a deal gets done. both sides sound like they want it.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

salisbury said a deal was close as recently as 5 days ago. hamels hinted that they needed to wait until after the season starts so it won't affect the luxury tax this year or something. i guess the cain deal may have thrown a wrench in the plans a bit though...still think a deal gets done. both sides sound like they want it.

I don't think it was(is) as close as you think it was. Rosenthal said right after the Salisbury article that they hadn't spoken in weeks.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    The Fixer wrote:
    prime example of how the howard deal will kill this franchise for next 5-6 years

I get blood boiling pissed off at each reference of this contract. This Achilles rehab better make him a .280 hitter. That's all I ask for is .280. Just bat your weight.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't think it was(is) as close as you think it was. Rosenthal said right after the Salisbury article that they hadn't spoken in weeks.

yeah, salisbury is the phils puppet
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I get blood boiling pissed off at each reference of this contract. This Achilles rehab better make him a .280 hitter. That's all I ask for is .280. Just bat your weight.

would be nice, but it's not gonna happen. dude isn't worth 15 mill a year, let alone 25
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    The Fixer wrote:
    Now the Phillies' decision about Hamels has been clearly framed for them by the Cain contract. The market value has been defined.

Cain's deal has zero effect on Hamels. Cain doesn't shop in Hamels' market. Hamels' value is clearly higher than Cain's. Even if the both went into FA, Hamels was going to get more per year. He's better and we all new this before Cain's deal.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,771
    JK_Livin wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Cain's deal has zero effect on Hamels. Cain doesn't shop in Hamels' market. Hamels' value is clearly higher than Cain's. Even if the both went into FA, Hamels was going to get more per year. He's better and we all new this before Cain's deal.

If you take away W-L record it's pretty close. And anyone who uses W-L record as a criteria is an idiot.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

wishful thinking maybe, clifford? lil bit? ;)

most people would agree that salisbury isn't a puppet for the phils though. matty gelb said they were getting close this past weekend too. i don't think anybody knows for sure. but cain signing this soon sucks.

did you seet this? http://www.thegoodphight.com/2012/4/3/2 ... -mattingly

harball talk linked to it too. good read. i despise the yankees but was a big donnie baseball fan growing up (the yankees were more tolerable when they were losing ). pretty good comparison
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.