Options

***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    Yeah, it's a really cool spot. The outside area is pretty sweet and the middle area is really fucking cool. Victory is cool but after going to Frankford hall was hoping for a little more. My disappointment probably had something to do with that god awful band though and it is definitely a cool spot where I will probably spend most of my time there. They also sell/fill growlers. Planning on buying one there, they have the legit ones. Pretty awesome. Looking forward to hitting it up again Tuesday. Maybe this weekend after golf. Prices are pretty damn good too. $6 for a craft beer and miller lights were $4, in the outside area at least
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Yeah, it's a really cool spot. The outside area is pretty sweet and the middle area is really fucking cool. Victory is cool but after going to Frankford hall was hoping for a little more. My disappointment probably had something to do with that god awful band though and it is definitely a cool spot where I will probably spend most of my time there. They also sell/fill growlers. Planning on buying one there, they have the legit ones. Pretty awesome. Looking forward to hitting it up again Tuesday. Maybe this weekend after golf. Prices are pretty damn good too. $6 for a craft beer and miller lights were $4, in the outside area at least

we went back after the show and sat in the pbr bar. scenery in that place is nice :thumbup:

def a cool spot. like I mentioned, no need to ever tailgate again
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,311
    The Fixer wrote:
    Hhhhhhhuan Pierre made the squad

of course he did. he will fit in perfectly with their shit lineup.

amaro is so bad. I hate him

if would probably be easier to just mention the one or two people in the world that you actually don't hate. :roll:
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,664
    That's cool. I definitely have to check out the other places. Just looking in, bullies looked cool too. Real oldschool vibe i think.

Yeah, I do dig tailgating though. I'll mix it up.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Hhhhhhhuan Pierre made the squad

of course he did. he will fit in perfectly with their shit lineup.

amaro is so bad. I hate him

if would probably be easier to just mention the one or two people in the world that you actually don't hate. :roll:

I hate stupidity.

You think he's done a good job? I'm sure you do
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hate stupidity.

average at best. do you really need such a negative opinion about the 25th man on the roster? there are bigger issues on this roster and team than juan pierre. you personfiy the notion of the negadelphia fan base.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Is there anything for kids to do at XL or is it purely geared toward adults with alcohol, cleavage and sports? I have zero problem if that's the case. My 10 year old son will have to deal with it.

Any one going to the game Tuesday? The weather is supposed to be shit.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hate stupidity.

average at best. do you really need such a negative opinion about the 25th man on the roster? there are bigger issues on this roster and team than juan pierre. you personfiy the notion of the negadelphia fan base.

when all of the other position players suck it makes every roster spot matter.

podsednick would have helped this team more than pierre. manuel and amaro suck balls

since gillick left this team has progressively gotten worse. pierre making this team reiterates that trend. it's annoying
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Is there anything for kids to do at XL or is it purely geared toward adults with alcohol, cleavage and sports? I have zero problem if that's the case. My 10 year old son will have to deal with it.

Any one going to the game Tuesday? The weather is supposed to be shit.

I didn't see any kid-friendly activities. it's a paradise for adults

was thinking about tix for tuesday, but I think I'm gonna miss opening day for first time since cbp opened. not as excited for the phils season as I usually am. the offseason moves have tempered my enthusiasm. F you minaya jr
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hate stupidity.

podsednick would have helped this team more than pierre. manuel and amaro suck balls

since gillick left this team has progressively gotten worse. pierre making this team reiterates that trend. it's annoying

yup they all suck. :roll:
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

oh man. I would debate you if you knew anything about baseball. we've been down that road. it's not pretty

keep studying
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

oh man. I would debate you if you knew anything about baseball. we've been down that road. it's not pretty

keep studying

dude you say the roster sucks and you are trying to make a case for a guy who hasn't played a major league game in well over a year. it's illogical to argue that the 25th man is going to make any tangible difference.

i guess we will see how easy it is to drive in runs huh?
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,771
    I had tixx to one of the preseason games but traded them for a real game.

Nice to hear the good news about the Live thing. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options

it's funny how much the Eagles and the NFL get ripped for making fans buy pre-season games but almost never hear anything about the Phils doing the same. those 2 games at CBP are freakin ridiculous for season ticket holders.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

keep studying

dude you say the roster sucks and you are trying to make a case for a guy who hasn't played a major league game in well over a year. it's illogical to argue that the 25th man is going to make any tangible difference.

i guess we will see how easy it is to drive in runs huh?

never said roster sucks. reading comp. not hard

podsednick was hurt last year. he's still better than the guy who can't get the ball out of the infield (and absolutely blows in the field)
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    I hate stupidity.

yup you never said that...if never ended 15 minutes ago :roll:
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:

it's funny how much the Eagles and the NFL get ripped for making fans buy pre-season games but almost never hear anything about the Phils doing the same. those 2 games at CBP are freakin ridiculous for season ticket holders.

we can agree on that.

I don't understand why the phils have those two preseason home games. most mlb teams don't do that shit. I understood it for the first few years of cbp, but it's been almost 10 years now (which is fucking crazy in and of itself). doesn't make sense.

glad my package didn't include either of those games this year.
  • Options
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yup you never said that...if never ended 15 minutes ago :roll:

man, you are even dumber than I thought, which is really saying something. seriously, can you read? jesus
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,771
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

we can agree on that.

I don't understand why the phils have those two preseason home games. most mlb teams don't do that shit. I understood it for the first few years of cbp, but it's been almost 10 years now (which is fucking crazy in and of itself). doesn't make sense.

glad my package didn't include either of those games this year.

I think they rotate them through the packages, so you get it every 4 years. At least they let you trade it in, and if you go the prices are discounted. NFL makes ALL season ticket holders buy preseason games, which comprise one fifth of the games you pay for, and the games are full price. It's nowhere near the same thing. Still stupid that they have those games at all at this point. Just money hogging.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    I think they rotate them through the packages, so you get it every 4 years. At least they let you trade it in, and if you go the prices are discounted. NFL makes ALL season ticket holders buy preseason games, which comprise one fifth of the games you pay for, and the games are full price. It's nowhere near the same thing. Still stupid that they have those games at all at this point. Just money hogging.

never knew you could trade them in. I usually just wasted those tix.

This is the first year in a while that I didn't get stuck with a preseason game.

May 4th the fixer will be in DC for the game. Road games are the best
  • Options

i'm in with a group that has a full season ticket plan. those 2 are included every year in that.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,789
    xlarge.jpg
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,562
    xlarge.jpg

really an unbelievable story. and one of the things that makes baseball so unique. what other sport can a 50 year old dude make a team? crazy. good for him.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    xlarge.jpg

really an unbelievable story. and one of the things that makes baseball so unique. what other sport can a 50 year old dude make a team? crazy. good for him.

Yeah I'm excited for it. To some extent, I subscribe to the "once a Phillie, always a Phillie" mantra. Especially with guys like Werth, Burrell, and Moyer who were so key to that '08 championship. It doesn't always hold true of course. When Werth comes to bat against us now, I laugh at him for being so overpaid and not as good as Pence. But on the flip, I was happy to see Burrell go out with a second World Series title. I'll be cheering Moyer every inning he pitches this year....unless of course it's against us.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    you really think pence is better than werth? I sure don't
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I like Werth as much as the next guy. But 7 years, 126 Million and a no-trade clause? At their current production vs. salary pace, I'll take Pence. That deal the Nationals gave Werth was irrational.
    Not as irrational as the contract Amaro gave Howard.

Yeah fine whatever.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

I like Werth as much as the next guy. But 7 years, 126 Million and a no-trade clause? At their current production vs. salary pace, I'll take Pence. That deal the Nationals gave Werth was irrational.

Yeah fine whatever.

yeah, I agree with that. Even after werth's down year last year, I still think he's better than pence. I'm shocked amaro didn't match that contract :D

pence is a FA after 2013 I believe. Lots of speculation that the phils will offer him a long term deal. that's when the fun will begin
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah fine whatever.

yeah, I agree with that. Even after werth's down year last year, I still think he's better than pence. I'm shocked amaro didn't match that contract :D

pence is a FA after 2013 I believe. Lots of speculation that the phils will offer him a long term deal. that's when the fun will begin

And Victorino too. He's said to want a 5 year deal like Rollins wanted.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Options

I'm sure minaya jr will lock them both up before he gets hamels done.

I hope they keep savery over valdes. valdes has proven he's not an effective MLB pitcher. savery's story is pretty awesome. all american pitcher/1B at Rice. Hurt his arm. Drafted as a pitcher and transitioned to 1B after injury. Transitioned back to pitcher and gained approx 5 MPH to his fastball after not pitching for a few years. I'd like to see him get a shot in the pen. They could also probably use him once in a while as a pinch hitter (he can't be any worse than amaro specials nix or wigginton). I'm pulling for the dude...kind of a poor man's rick ankiel
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,705

from afar, I'd say it's time to bid aloha (see what I did there?) to Victorino. I think his best years are in the rear view.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16