***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    Hey, everybody - this is Jayson Werth's Beard, and I just wanted to check in with you all. Thought we'd get acquainted. :thumbup:

6a00d83451af4b69e201310f2a12fd970c-pi
  • Hey, everybody - this is Jayson Werth's Beard, and I just wanted to check in with you all. Thought we'd get acquainted. :thumbup:

That's gonna hurt his aerodynamics...
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Hey, everybody - this is Jayson Werth's Beard, and I just wanted to check in with you all. Thought we'd get acquainted. :thumbup:

I guess he drank way way too many milwaukee's best this off season.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    I must say that this is a vast improvement over the soul patch. :lol:
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Hey, everybody - this is Jayson Werth's Beard, and I just wanted to check in with you all. Thought we'd get acquainted. :thumbup:

I guess he drank way way too many milwaukee's best this off season.

Did Werth join an Indie Folk band over the off-season?
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?

WTF !?!?!

Caveman !
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    PJSerf wrote:
    I must say that this is a vast improvement over the soul patch. :lol:

Seriously. He needed to shave that shit off his face ASAP. Either entirely or go this route, with is the MUCH BETTER choice.

To put it in better persepective....

6a00d83451af4b69e20120a8c4ba34970b-800wi

EDIT: And oh yeah, I'm stealing this all from the 700 level...

6a00d83451af4b69e20120a8c4c846970b-500wi

Ahhh for the hell of it.... http://jaysonwerthbeards.tumblr.com/
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    he BETTER NOT shave that thing off at any point this season.

the jeagler's been known to rock a beard every now and then. so i am please to see this development from mr. werth.
    www.myspace.com
    he BETTER NOT shave that thing off at any point this season.

the jeagler's been known to rock a beard every now and then. so i am please to see this development from mr. werth.

Ya damn right he shouldn't. It'd be like Samson cutting his locks. No chance in hell.....hopefully.

And beards are sweet, as this guy is in the middle of growing now. With this shitty weather, it's drawing my inner-Rocky IV Balboa when he's training in the mountains of Russia.
  • Listening to the Phils/FSU game right now. Phillies were losing 5 to 0 but have come back to take a 5 run lead. The announcer's talking about the FSU coach bringing in a pitcher who can give up runs so the Phillies win and invite FSU back next year. :lol:
    ***Desperately looking for a Pearl Jam Phillies themed Oct. 31 Philadelphia shirt in M or L. Got one you don't want/need? Help a brother out!
    Apparently Aumont got rocked - allowing a home run, and walking the bases loaded and earning 5 runs. OH MY GOD, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING TRADING LEE FOR THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!?!?! ....Woops...sorry...just thought I'd start what I'm going to start to hear in the near future by the boo-birds.

Anyway, schedule for tomorrow - class at 930, home by 1130, drink beers until 1, at 1:01 - giddily await CC vs. Doc in a meaningless spring training game where I will continue to consume said beers. It's gonna be a good day!
    Apparently Aumont got rocked - allowing a home run, and walking the bases loaded and earning 5 runs. OH MY GOD, WHAT WERE THEY THINKING TRADING LEE FOR THIS PIECE OF GARBAGE!?!?! ....Woops...sorry...just thought I'd start what I'm going to start to hear in the near future by the boo-birds.

Anyway, schedule for tomorrow - class at 930, home by 1130, drink beers until 1, at 1:01 - giddily await CC vs. Doc in a meaningless spring training game where I will continue to consume said beers. It's gonna be a good day!

:lol: ...just not the best good omen in the world to get rocked by some college kids after you're the center piece of the cliff lee deal. :roll:

i'm sure pepe le pew will bounce back though.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

:lol: ...just not the best good omen in the world to get rocked by some college kids after you're the center piece of the cliff lee deal. :roll:

ah yes check out the rings today :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

yup they are beautiful. but i'm not sure if the phils will be wearing the '08 rings though. so i guess you'll just have to wait till next month before the yankees get theirs. :mrgreen:

you dont get yours till april 13th you dope. beat it. :roll:
    www.myspace.com

I'm sorry, what was that? I only converse with other human beings, and not soulless swine. Er, I mean, Yankee fans.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078

Lol,i'm not even gonna comment on the piece of shit we got for CY LEE. Kinda feel bad for him because he's gotta feel some added pressure because he was the center piece.
    Go Birds!!!!

I'm sorry, what was that? I only converse with other human beings, and not soulless swine. Er, I mean, Yankee fans.

the yanks were fitted for their world series rings the past 2 days so you guys might catch them sleeping :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Lol,i'm not even gonna comment on the piece of shit we got for CY LEE. Kinda feel bad for him because he's gotta feel some added pressure because he was the center piece.

and think of the pressure doc has on him. he could win 25 games but if he doesnt match lee's post season mark and we don't win the world series....then......yeah......

GO PHILS!
    www.myspace.com

the yanks were fitted for their world series rings the past 2 days so you guys might catch them sleeping :mrgreen:

Tell me - what's it like not to have a soul, nor know what loyalty is?

i wouldn't know considering they have multiple players with rings for their thumbs on the team

cliff lee..not thats loyality :roll:

i wouldn't know considering they have multiple players with rings for their thumbs on the team

cliff lee..not thats loyality :roll:

Remember - human beings are what I talk to. Especially to those with grammar skills. And as usual, it must be tough schlepping through life on cruise control. :thumbup:
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    I here what your saying about Doc,but i think he'll be fine. Chooch said something along the way of he's never seen a slider like Halladay's. The Al hitters 1-9 are so much better then the Nl's that 20-25 games isn't far fetched imo. Cy Lee being a number 2 with seattle should help him out big time in the win total. 28 minutes and counting :D:D:D
    Go Birds!!!!
    nice debut...polanco with his first error:

Halladay's impressive debut
    CLEARWATER, Fla. -- As far as debuts go, this one was fairly anticlimatic, just the way Roy Halladay probably prefers.

Halladay faced seven batters in two innings. The only one to reach base was courtesy of an error.

Halladay threw just 24 pitches (21 strikes) over the two innings with three strikeouts. He was supposed to pitch between 40 and 45 pitches, but apparently Charlie Manuel and Rich Dubee saw enough.

In the first inning, Halladay faced four batters and needed 15 pitches (12 strikes). The only runner to reach base was Jamie Hoffmann on an error by third baseman Placido Polanco. Halladay struck out Jorge Posada and retired Robinson Cano on a hard liner to right field.

Halladay struck out Nick Swisher and Randy Winn looking to begin the second inning. Juan Miranda put the only ball in play, a weak grounder to second base.

He never reached a two-ball count to any hitter.

After he departed for Kyle Kendrick, Halladay walked out to the Phillies' bullpen in left field and reached his quota of pitches in the bullpen.

We'll have more in a little after Halladay talks in the clubhouse.
    www.myspace.com
    I'm watching the game. The error was no big deal.

Halladay was hitting the inside and outside parts of the plate. Pretty awesome - gave me a semi.

And, to clarify something, no, the Roy trade will not be determined by what he does in the World Series. Stop with the arrogance. 162 games. Don't start sucking each other's D's just yet.
    I'm watching the game. The error was no big deal.

Halladay was hitting the inside and outside parts of the plate. Pretty awesome - gave me a semi.

And, to clarify something, no, the Roy trade will not be determined by what he does in the World Series. Stop with the arrogance. 162 games. Don't start sucking each other's D's just yet.

what will it be determined by then?

isn't the goal to be better than last year and win the whole f'ing thing again?
    www.myspace.com
    anyone notice j roll swinging at the FIRST pitch of spring training yesterday?!!

COME ON DUDE!! :roll: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'm calling it right now !!!

Halladay ZERO Earned Runs for the Season !!!

:lol:8-)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

how bout a perfect season?...no baserunners!
    www.myspace.com
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,346

how bout a perfect season?...no baserunners!

Roy Halladay:36-0, 0.21 ERA, 500 K's, Cy Young Award renamed Roy Halladay Award :!: :lol::lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    aloha

Victorino weighs pros and cons of the seven-hole
    CLEARWATER, Fla.--Now that his sore right shoulder is well enough (though still a bit stiff), Shane Victorino begins his 2010 season tomorrow night against the Atlanta Braves. He will bat second, a rare treat for Victorino after the Phillies signed third baseman Placido Polanco, who will usually hit there this season. The team believes that Polanco's high contact rate makes him an ideal no. 2 hitter, though Victorino will see occasional chances at the top of the order.

After signing a three-year, $22 million contract in January, Victorino said all the right things about moving down to the bottom third. This morning--while still saying that he understood and endorsed the team's rationale for altering the batting order-- he admitted that he saw pros and cons for himself.

"It is what it is," Victorino said when asked if he was okay with the change. "It's going to be a year of adjustments for me...I've (batted second) the last two years; why would I want to change? But you've got to look at the big picture. It'll definitely be a different dynamic in the lineup."

Victorino expects to see fewer fastballs in the new position, the consequence of having less frightening hitters directly behind him.

"When I'm hitting second, I've got Chase, Ryan and the rest of the guys behind me, so of course (pitchers) are going to go after me," he said. "Now I'm hitting seventh, I've got Carlos (Ruiz) and the pitcher behind me. So am I going to be pitched differently? Am I going to get a lot of breaking balls? So that's all going to come into play. I'm going to have to adjust as we go."

He envisions scenarios in which opposing pitchers would not risk throwing him strikes. "Late in the game, if I'm the pitcher, and there's a guy at second, one out, me up, open base at first? Who are you going to go after? Most likely you're going to go after Carlos, and then the pitcher...those are the things that come into play, and that's the adjustment that I'm going to have to make. But I'm ready. Whatever."

Though Victorino's .358 on-base percentage last year was respectable, he said that taking pitches was not his favorite activity. He prefers to swing at fastballs, and enjoyed many opportunities to do so while hitting second.

"That's something I've got to work on," he said of taking pitches. "I like to hit. My on-base percentage wasn't bad, but again, I like to hit. I like to put the ball into play. I don't like to strike out much."

Victorino does see several advantages to the change. A no. 2 hitter must worry about moving runners from one base to another by hitting the ball to a particular location in the field. He rarely hits while multiple runners on base, and because of the power hitters behind him, he often doesn't attempt to steal in order to avoid making a pointless out.

"The other aspect is I can swing freely," Victorino said. "I don't have to worry about moving the runner over. That's the positive side; I can go up there and just swing...also you'll be in a lot more RBI situations. There are pluses and negatives. In this game, home runs and RBIs drive your value. There are also going to be situations when I can run more, a little more freely."
    www.myspace.com
This discussion has been closed.