***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    im just saying we wont see that in a world series ever again (at least not anytime soon )

:lol: victorino to the left side ;)

I don't get it. Oh, and beat it, Person-I-Have-No-Idea-Who-You-Are.

the final out of the fall classic :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

It wasn't a perfect game, but damn near it.

By the way, you're all shmoes.

Imagine having Halladay or Lee from April till July? Yeah, they top 100 games last year and have home field in the NL. Between Halladay for a whole season, a 50% better Hamels(that'll happen, write it down), and a marginally better Lidge(I can't see him being as bad as he was last year), and they surge past 93 wins. If you're not excited like 2004 when we got TO, then there is something seriously wrong with you.

the phillies replaced a cy young winner with another cy young winner. they filled a need that they created.

in '04, the birds replaced james thrash with a future hall of famer and one of the most dynamic personalities in all of sports at the time. i don't see how you think the feeling in the city right now is remotely the same as the weeks leading up to the '04 training camp. that entire year from when we obtainted TO in march to losing in jacksonville was just like september and october of 2008.

nobody is arguing that the team is not gonna be great and steamroll through the national league again. its when we gotta throw blanton up against becket or petite in game 3 of the world series that were concerned about.

And THAT is the problem. You're already penciling their name in for the Fall Classic. That's the problem.

i demand excellence out of this team...much like we did with the '04 birds. ;)
    www.myspace.com
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    And THAT is the problem. You're already penciling their name in for the Fall Classic. That's the problem

That is the problem, if we kept Lee we would be penciled in to the fall classic.
    Go Birds!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    Go Birds!!!!

lmao

wait till i post the season in ;) review
  • petrocspetrocs Posts: 4,342
    Heres the lastest scoop....

you heard it here first....

Phillies Pitching Rotation 2010:

Roy Halladay
    Cole Hamels
    Roy Oswalt
    Joe Blanton
    JA Happ

Watch...something tells me hes in pinstripes this year
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,716
    petrocs wrote:

Roy Halladay
    Cole Hamels
    Roy Oswalt
    Joe Blanton
    JA Happ

So the Phillies wouldn't pay Cliff Lee $9 mil but they will pay Oswalt $15mil?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

Roy Halladay
    Cole Hamels
    Roy Oswalt
    Joe Blanton
    JA Happ

lmao :roll: good move
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

Roy Halladay
    Cole Hamels
    Roy Oswalt
    Joe Blanton
    JA Happ

No...I think its gonna be a deadline trade..Astros will eat most of the money...I dont know why but I feel an Ed Wade / Ruben Amaro deal coming..maybe Blanton goes in the deal...I dunno...I know how much Oswalt is to be paid this year and next...I was kinda thinking out loud :)
    Shows:
    9/24/96 MD. 9/28/96 Randalls. 8/28-29/98 Camden. 9/8/98 NJ. 9/18/98 MD. 9/1-2/00 Camden. 9/4/00 MD. 4/28/03 Philly. 7/5-6/03 Camden. 9/30/05 AC.
    10/3/05 Philly. 5/27-28/06 Camden. 6/23/06 Pitt. 6/19-20/08 Camden. 6/24/08 MSG. 8/7/08 EV Newark, NJ. 6/11-12/09 EV Philly, PA. 10/27-28-30-31/09 Philly, PA., 5/15/10 Hartford,5/17/10 Boston, 5/18/10 Newark, 5/20-21/10 MSG
    petrocs wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    petrocs wrote:

Roy Halladay
    Cole Hamels
    Roy Oswalt
    Joe Blanton
    JA Happ

No...I think its gonna be a deadline trade..Astros will eat most of the money...I dont know why but I feel an Ed Wade / Ruben Amaro deal coming

Even if they pay some of his salary this year, he is still owed $32 mil over the final 2 years of his contract (one of those is a club option), they are not eating that much. There is more of a chance at the Phillies getting Lee back at the deadline on the cheap than this. Especially with the Phillies payroll issues the next couple years.

Edit to add: This is the best site in the world for baseball contracts

http://mlbcontracts.blogspot.com/
    True..but Im buying the Phillies this year...so whatever I say goes so... :o
    Shows:
    petrocs wrote:

Roy Halladay
    Cole Hamels
    Roy Oswalt
    Joe Blanton
    JA Happ

No chance in hell of happening. I think the fans would kill Ruben if he traded for a declining high salary pitcher when u had a top- 5 pitcher u just let go.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,961
    Just for the record - YOU'RE ALL NUTS.
    Annnnnnd we're into February. 16 days till P's & C's. :thumbup:
    Looking out my window - Opening Day cannot get here soon enough.... :roll:
    Looking out my window - Opening Day cannot get here soon enough.... :roll:

the truck left this morning :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,423
    watched spring training preview on Comcast last night - between all the darn snow and a great team - can't fn wait for the season to get under way. can't wait to see Halladay opening day.
    pjhawks wrote:
    watched spring training preview on Comcast last night - between all the darn snow and a great team - can't fn wait for the season to get under way. can't wait to see Halladay opening day.

working on getting tickets to said opening day game....
    www.myspace.com
    pjhawks wrote:

Dudes, we're talking about opening day as in season opener in DC right? Because Doc probably won't be on the mound come the Phils' home opener. Looking the way it sets up to be Cole.

But if you're talking about the season opener, then GET ON IT! Got my package for $69 - bus to and fro, beer on bus, tailgate, Phils ticket, boom. Do it. I know philsfever.com and philliesnation.com are still selling packages I believe.

FACT - there will be more Phillies fans than Nats fans in DC on April 5th.
    pjhawks wrote:

Dudes, we're talking about opening day as in season opener in DC right? Because Doc probably won't be on the mound come the Phils' home opener. Looking the way it sets up to be Cole.

But if you're talking about the season opener, then GET ON IT! Got my package for $69 - bus to and fro, beer on bus, tailgate, Phils ticket, boom. Do it. I know philsfever.com and philliesnation.com are still selling packages I believe.

no i am talking about opening day in dc.

not doing that package though. my buddy became a double agent nats fan to get tix before they go on sale to general public. i think all you have to do is sign up on their website or something.

one of my brothers goes to au down there, so i may make it a long weekend of debauchery in the district......then phils opener followed by, of course, watching those crafty villanova wildcats winning this city's 2nd championship in a couple years--GO CATS! :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com

no i am talking about opening day in dc.

not doing that package though. my buddy became a double agent nats fan to get tix before they go on sale to general public. i think all you have to do is sign up on their website or something.

one of my brothers goes to au down there, so i may make it a long weekend of debauchery in the district......then phils opener followed by, of course, watching those crafty villanova wildcats winning this city's 2nd championship in a couple years--GO CATS! :mrgreen:

Have that parade up on the Main Line and keep it out of my city!

CATS LOSE! CATS LOSE!
  • booomm11booomm11 Posts: 865
    Fenway anybody????? weekend series... along with USA vs England that saturday
    being so KiND.. tO LEt me RiDe!!!
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    If I see one more gdmf'ing snowflake I'm going to scream!!

I'm so excited for baseball to start. I just arranged all my little Phillies memorabilia on my desk, all ready for the 2010 season. My troll is looking especially happy today. :P
    booomm11 wrote:

US vs. England in soccer? If so, forget it.

I'm trying to make this series work as it's at the perfect time to go up there.
    booomm11 wrote:

US vs. England in soccer? If so, forget it.

I'm trying to make this series work as it's at the perfect time to go up there.

All baseball that weekend is irrelevant to me. The World Cup only comes every 4 years and that is a huge game for the US. Then again, the Yankees are playing the Astros and I already sold my tickets, one saturday game I will have to miss. No biggie.
    I meant it would be cool to catch the game at a pub up in Boston. Phillies & Sox fans would be cheering the same side for at least 90min. I'm with ya Cliffy, this game is fucking huge for the USA, and there is no way I would miss it. Are you going to all 3 games JP? The Phils have a 4:10 start on Saturday. Wonder when US vs England kicks off?
    booomm11 wrote:
    I meant it would be cool to catch the game at a pub up in Boston. Phillies & Sox fans would be cheering the same side for at least 90min. I'm with ya Cliffy, this game is fucking huge for the USA, and there is no way I would miss it. Are you going to all 3 games JP? The Phils have a 4:10 start on Saturday. Wonder when US vs England kicks off?

Perfect timing for you. The US match is at 1:30 here.

You see the US is playing their final game before the World Cup at the Linc on May 29th? Stinks I am definitely going to be in New York that weekend. 99% sure about this, saw it on Philly.com yesterday but can't find it again and it is not on their schedule.
    Awesome!! No, I wasn't aware the US was playing a friendly at the Linc... but now I'll definitely look into it.
This discussion has been closed.