***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Friend in pittsburgh just texted me that phils and flyers are both out there the weekend of april 7th.

This kid has me off my game. A few years ago I would have had this trip planned already

That's funny dude. Think I will actually be in San Fran the week after that when the Phillies are there.

Fuck me, my 2 week bender just caught up to me.

one of these days I will get out to that park in SF.

I hear you about the holidays. I have been off for almost 2 weeks. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things tomorrow
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Friend in pittsburgh just texted me that phils and flyers are both out there the weekend of april 7th.

This kid has me off my game. A few years ago I would have had this trip planned already

That's funny dude. Think I will actually be in San Fran the week after that when the Phillies are there.

I hear you about the holidays. I have been off for almost 2 weeks. I'm excited to get back into the swing of things tomorrow

Yeah, I was out in January of this year and it looks great. Looking forward to it. Think me and the woman are going to do a couple days in San Fran and a couple days in Napa. Can't wait to see that park, it looks awesome. Has to be one of the best looking parks in baseball, if not the best.

I have no interest in going to work tomorrow and it's going to be a busy day. Fuck, I am getting a headache just thinking about it, and I like my job.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I was out in January of this year and it looks great. Looking forward to it. Think me and the woman are going to do a couple days in San Fran and a couple days in Napa. Can't wait to see that park, it looks awesome. Has to be one of the best looking parks in baseball, if not the best.

I have no interest in going to work tomorrow and it's going to be a busy day. Fuck, I am getting a headache just thinking about it, and I like my job.

My national sales meeting was in San Diego a few years ago. We stayed at the Hard Rock which is a block from Petco. Looked awesome. Sucks it was January. SD and SF are the two parks I'd love to get to. One of these years the phils will have a road trip where they hit those cities and I will make that trip.

Sounds gay, but I'd love to do Napa one time too. My wife will be out there in March for a bachelorette party, which I find pretty hilarious. That's the last place a group of guys would pick for a bach party.

I really need to get this bach party planned for March - May.
    The Fixer wrote:

My national sales meeting was in San Diego a few years ago. We stayed at the Hard Rock which is a block from Petco. Looked awesome. Sucks it was January. SD and SF are the two parks I'd love to get to. One of these years the phils will have a road trip where they hit those cities and I will make that trip.

Sounds gay, but I'd love to do Napa one time too. My wife will be out there in March for a bachelorette party, which I find pretty hilarious. That's the last place a group of guys would pick for a bach party.

That's pretty sweet. I have heard really good things about that stadium too. Would love to get there. That would definitely be a good trip.

Yeah, man. I am looking forward to it. I hear its a beautiful area and nothing wrong with eating and drinking well for a few days. That is pretty funny about her party, definitely the last place for dudes. Yeah, man, that's tough. Is it looking like AC with people being a pain in the ass?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

That's pretty sweet. I have heard really good things about that stadium too. Would love to get there. That would definitely be a good trip.

Yeah, man. I am looking forward to it. I hear its a beautiful area and nothing wrong with eating and drinking well for a few days. That is pretty funny about her party, definitely the last place for dudes. Yeah, man, that's tough. Is it looking like AC with people being a pain in the ass?

I've already been shot down on Puerto Rico and Montreal. People are saying key west or clearwater (phils spring training). neither of those would be my first choice. there are a handful of us that will go somewhere if it ends up being lame AC. We did that crap when we were 24. Lame
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    last game at the vet/ceremony is on csn philly classics right now. brings back some good memories. had the sunday plan back then so i was at that game along with the last birds game the year before.

miss that old dump.

was great to see tug out there again too.
    www.myspace.com
    for baseball I do not miss the vet at all. place was a complete shithole
    The Fixer wrote:

ah yes, but it was a glorious shit hole. :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • The Fixer wrote:

Totally agree.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • SF ballpark is really beautiful and fun, but I thought the SD ballpark was kind of ugly. But it's still San Diego, can't go wrong. Make sure you have a jacket for night games at either of those, even in July. I froze my ass off in San Diego. We saw the oddest interleague matchup there: Royals vs. Padres. And about 9 home runs in the ultimate pitchers' park in that game.

Wife and I went to Sonoma one time (7 years ago I think :!: ) on the CA ballpark trip. It was totally awesome. But yea, not the place for a bachelor party. I hear Napa is a joke and we avoided it. Wine is the best. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    SF ballpark is really beautiful and fun, but I thought the SD ballpark was kind of ugly. But it's still San Diego, can't go wrong. Make sure you have a jacket for night games at either of those, even in July. I froze my ass off in San Diego. We saw the oddest interleague matchup there: Royals vs. Padres. And about 9 home runs in the ultimate pitchers' park in that game.

Wife and I went to Sonoma one time (7 years ago I think :!: ) on the CA ballpark trip. It was totally awesome. But yea, not the place for a bachelor party. I hear Napa is a joke and we avoided it. Wine is the best. 8-)

Yeah, I heard the SF ballpark is really chilly pretty much all season. Should be fun though. Have to work out the logistics still, Yanks and Knicks schedules are kind of screwing things up, but may not have much of a choice in the matter.

Pretty funny about the PAdres, 2 shitty teams hitting that many home runs in a huge park.

We could certainly do Sonoma, I did about 2 seconds of research on Napa and am not married to it at all. What did you hear is a joke about Napa? I also heard recently there are a lot of great brewery tours around SF as well and just outside of the city. May have to check that out.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I've already been shot down on Puerto Rico and Montreal. People are saying key west or clearwater (phils spring training). neither of those would be my first choice. there are a handful of us that will go somewhere if it ends up being lame AC. We did that crap when we were 24. Lame

That blows. Montreal is a good time. Would imagine PR would be great too. AC blows.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    We could certainly do Sonoma, I did about 2 seconds of research on Napa and am not married to it at all. What did you hear is a joke about Napa? I also heard recently there are a lot of great brewery tours around SF as well and just outside of the city. May have to check that out.

Kind of like Napa has become the Disney World of wine. I kind of just like to chill out and maybe talk to the people who make the wine, as opposed to being in a wine theme park. I haven't been though; I'm sure some places are good. I also don't like Napa wine itself all that much; I don't get the hype.

If you do Sonoma I'll PM you with some places to go that were cool. There's a town called Healdsburg we had lunch in that seemed awesome, and i think it has some good breweries/brewpubs too.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

Kind of like Napa has become the Disney World of wine. I kind of just like to chill out and maybe talk to the people who make the wine, as opposed to being in a wine theme park. I haven't been though; I'm sure some places are good. I also don't like Napa wine itself all that much; I don't get the hype.

If you do Sonoma I'll PM you with some places to go that were cool. There's a town called Healdsburg we had lunch in that seemed awesome, and i think it has some good breweries/brewpubs too.

Yeah, that makes sense. Probably why that is the first place I thought of. I am far from an expert on wine but would certainly dig the more laid back place a bit more. Any information would be great and most appreciated.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    That blows. Montreal is a good time. Would imagine PR would be great too. AC blows.

Priced out a trip to New Orleans for first weekend of NCAA tourney. and St Pats day is that saturday. Only 750 bucks a dude for round trip, non stop flights, 3 nights in hotel on bourbon (one room has balcony overlooking the street).

If this gets shot down I'm done. AC will be weak if we end up doing that.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Speaking of that shit hole for baseball - in honor of my high school closing, I give you Opening Day '99(universal excuse to ditch school and get drunk in the 700 Level)...

RUDN69LAHN.jpg
    Fishtown is straight up crying over the school closings.

Is north reopening?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is north reopening?

North Catholic? I didn't know it was. I think they're trying to appeal our's though.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is north reopening?

North Catholic? I didn't know it was. I think they're trying to appeal our's though.

I could be completely full of shit. I thought someone said that.

Whats yours? Crazy shit
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is north reopening?

Whats yours? Crazy shit

Bonner. Gonna be weird ten years down the road seeing those building dilapidated or rebuilt in a different way.
    Bonner. Gonna be weird ten years down the road seeing those building dilapidated or rebuilt in a different way.

Ahh, yeah, saw that one on the news actually. Am sure it's strange.
    Booked our flights for New Orleans. Leaving Friday before St Pattys Day, coming back that monday. It's also the first weekend of the NCAA tourney. And spring break.

Oh boy, this is gonna be awesome.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Booked our flights for New Orleans. Leaving Friday before St Pattys Day, coming back that monday. It's also the first weekend of the NCAA tourney. And spring break.

Nice. Think I'm pulling the trigger on a Clearwater trip for that week.
    The Fixer wrote:

We were considering that. Went with cajun debauchery instead. FIgured we can do Clearwater for the rest of our lives...there are only so many bach party opportunities left for my crew
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

We were considering that. Went with cajun debauchery instead. FIgured we can do Clearwater for the rest of our lives...there are only so many bach party opportunities left for my crew

New Orleans is a wise choice. Plenty of prostitutes.
  • New Orleans is fucking awesome. Make sure you guys go to a couple good restaurants before your debauchery. ;)

New Orleans is fucking awesome. Make sure you guys go to a couple good restaurants before your debauchery. ;)

yeah, first night group dinner at a nice restaurant is one of our bach party staples. then the sophistication goes out the window
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whats yours? Crazy shit

that's such a fucked up and sad story.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Whats yours? Crazy shit

that's such a fucked up and sad story.

You said it, man.
    I don't understand the big deal about the schools. Who cares?

My high school could close tomorrow. I would spend a second thinking about it. Wouldn't care at all.
This discussion has been closed.