***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    The Fixer wrote:

Gonna swing by the liquor store and load up on beer and wine before heading back to philly. If possible I avoid the abortion that is buying booze in PA.
    try buying it in UT
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Gonna swing by the liquor store and load up on beer and wine before heading back to philly. If possible I avoid the abortion that is buying booze in PA.
    try buying it in UT

you can't buy beer in same places as liquor/wine (you seriously have to go to two different stores). And in the state run beer distributors you can only buy cases, no six packs or 12 packs. You can get sixes or twelves in delis and such, but you pay two or three times as much.

It is absolutely horrendous.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

try buying it in UT

you can't buy beer in same places as liquor/wine (you seriously have to go to two different stores). And in the state run beer distributors you can only buy cases, no six packs or 12 packs. You can get sixes or twelves in delis and such, but you pay two or three times as much.

It is absolutely horrendous.
    hmmmm....that IS fucked up.

our law is liquor, wine and high alcohol beer at the (overpriced) state store.

"low" beer at grocery stores, 7-11, etc.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I was talking about the last two trades wade made with ruben minaya jr...

Guess Lidge was Gillick, right. Yea, Wade probably did pretty well on those.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    The Fixer wrote:

since we were talking about amaro vs wade I don't see how that's relevant.

you feeling ok man? your posts have been erratic lately
  • Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."

yeah, see the previous page.

mrs healy doesn't sound very bright. one of her kids gets molested by conlin and she allows her other kids to still go to the conlin residence. come on lady
  • The Fixer wrote:

mrs healy doesn't sound very bright. one of her kids gets molested by conlin and she allows her other kids to still go to the conlin residence. come on lady

So fucked up, and so many stupid people.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

since we were talking about amaro vs wade I don't see how that's relevant.

you feeling ok man? your posts have been erratic lately

Yea, I forgot that Gillick made that trade. What's the big deal?

I can't remember who they traded for Oswalt actually. He was fairly instrumental in helping the 2010 team win the division, so it wasn't a total loss.

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Oswalt for:

Happ
    Jonathan Villar
    Anthony Gose who was shipped to the Blue Jays

By not giving up Singleton, the Phil's won this trade
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Oswalt for:

Happ
    Jonathan Villar

Happ, of course, who was one of the NL's worst pitchers last year. I think Fixer called that, if I remember correctly (that the league would figure out Happ).

• PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    The Fixer wrote:

I happen to know all involved personally, Mrs. Healy is not a stupid woman. It's unfortunate that the parents did not come forward. I think they did it to protect Irma (Mrs. Conlin), which is sad in itself.

I was aware of this for years, but not on a level as to where I could have exposed him myself, or I would have.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    The Fixer wrote:

I happen to know all involved personally, Mrs. Healy is not a stupid woman. It's unfortunate that the parents did not come forward. I think they did it to protect Irma (Mrs. Conlin), which is sad in itself.

I was aware of this for years, but not on a level as to where I could have exposed him myself, or I would have.

Wow
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,967
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Wow

Ditto. Double wow.
  • I'm stunned by the news and doubly so by Pure&Easy's post. Don't even know what to say.

Let me just say that it's been hard for me all these years to keep it silent. I actually wanted to contact the Daily News or someone but I was told, as is correct, that I was not a victim and that my second hand knowledge is not enough to take action. I know a lot of the victims. I was in his daughters wedding. His daughter broke off all contact with him many years ago after going to counseling and being told to confront both her father and her mother.

The mother chose not to believe her.

As much as I loved Irma, she let her family and many families down by choosing to ignore what was right in front of her. The last time I saw him was at her funeral.

I never liked the man one bit. He was a great writer, but as a person, he is arrogant, dirty and obnoxious and I have no sympathy for his fall from grace. It is WAY overdue.
    Oswalt for:

Happ
    Jonathan Villar

I don't see how you can say the phils won this trade. Oswalt was brought here to win in the playoffs...and he didn't pitch well come playoff time (especially vs STL, but I blame the dummy manager for putting him out there to begin with).

Gose is the 2nd ranked prospect in the jays system. Villar should be in the majors within the next year or two as the astros SS.

The jury is still out, but the chances of the players the phils traded outperforming oswalt during his philly tenure are pretty good IMO.
    Oswalt for:

Happ
    Jonathan Villar

Happ, of course, who was one of the NL's worst pitchers last year. I think Fixer called that, if I remember correctly (that the league would figure out Happ).

yeah, I was never a happ fan. unfortunately I think worley is of a similar ilk...and a dbag to boot
    The Fixer wrote:

are you from twp??

Irma was one of the nicest women I have ever met. I know Pete a little bit from being involved with Twp baseball. and every time I'm at the crack bar at otts he is there...being served by dan barbara, who's the man
    Let me just say that it's been hard for me all these years to keep it silent. I actually wanted to contact the Daily News or someone but I was told, as is correct, that I was not a victim and that my second hand knowledge is not enough to take action. I know a lot of the victims. I was in his daughters wedding. His daughter broke off all contact with him many years ago after going to counseling and being told to confront both her father and her mother.

As much as I loved Irma, she let her family and many families down by choosing to ignore what was right in front of her. The last time I saw him was at her funeral.

I never liked the man one bit. He was a great writer, but as a person, he is arrogant, dirty and obnoxious and I have no sympathy for his fall from grace. It is WAY overdue.

I don't even know how to respond to this so I will just say, wow, again. Sounds like it's very good news that it is finally coming out
    I just got a call from one of my girlfriends, the Daily News called her house. She has old pictures of all of us on her Facebook, I assume that's how they found her.

I'm so glad I very rarely post on facebook, but my parents are still in the area, I hope they don't bother them.
  • I just got a call from one of my girlfriends, the Daily News called her house. She has old pictures of all of us on her Facebook, I assume that's how they found her.

I'm so glad I very rarely post on facebook, but my parents are still in the area, I hope they don't bother them.

Facebook is so creepy.

This must have been a really tough thing to live with all these years. I'm glad you can at least feel some release and relief now.

The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

are you from twp??

Irma was one of the nicest women I have ever met. I know Pete a little bit from being involved with Twp baseball. and every time I'm at the crack bar at otts he is there...being served by dan barbara, who's the man
    Yes I am and I grew up in the Manor (what is now Otts) and I know Dan as well

Just listened to the Phillips interview. Sounds like this all began to come about at her funeral.
  • Let me just say that it's been hard for me all these years to keep it silent. I actually wanted to contact the Daily News or someone but I was told, as is correct, that I was not a victim and that my second hand knowledge is not enough to take action. I know a lot of the victims. I was in his daughters wedding. His daughter broke off all contact with him many years ago after going to counseling and being told to confront both her father and her mother.

I am sorry that you knew people who were his victims. As someone who writes baseball on the side, I don't think I've ever interacted with him in any way, other than being in the same press box when the Phillies have played the Mets and Yankees but even that, especially knowing what we've read in the story, is creepy for me, obviously not as creepy as being a victim, but creepy nonetheless for me.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

what an ass hole. he never denies his actions, then proceeds to pass blame because the actions happened 40 years ago...as if that justifies anything.

I hope he rots in hell
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

jeez...it wouldn't shock me if he commits suicide. i heard the deadspin guy on the radio today and he was saying how he's all alone and depressed down there with his wife not around anymore. what a creep.

question---does he smell as bad as he appears? whenever i see bill conlin i imagine a certain stench of horrendous BO, bad breath, and stale cigarettes.
    www.myspace.com
    No he doesn't smell, but he always looked dirty to me. Just a creepy guy.

He is all alone too, now that Irma is gone. I almost feel a little sorry for the man.

But then I think about all the damage he's done.

More of my friends have got calls from the Daily News. I'm glad I no longer have a land line, they haven't tracked me down yet. I wouldn't say anything anyway, I don't have first hand knowledge of it, so it's really not relevant what I or anyone other than the victims have to say.
This discussion has been closed.