***The Official Philadelphia Phillies 2012 Thread***

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    imalive wrote:
    the fixer is the straw that stirs the drink :mrgreen:
    He knows about the draft and farm systems, thats about were his knowledge ends.

This is just about as dumb as your Ryan Howard comments.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    i'm getting hammered and watching the '08 dvd tonight. that is my friday night and i am fucking looking forward to it.

god speed people.

Good call. I'll watch the '09 blueray. ;)

you son of a.... :lol:

Yep, you got me in the mood to watch this. Thank you, good sir. Just poured a a Blue Point winter and turned it on.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Good call. I'll watch the '09 blueray. ;)

you son of a.... :lol:

Yep, you got me in the mood to watch this. Thank you, good sir. Just poured a a Blue Point winter and turned it on.

glad i could be of assistance, my good man.

your juggler is about to crack open his first chicory stout of the evening....'08 memories will be relived shortly.

god bless the united states of america. :clap:
    www.myspace.com

glad i could be of assistance, my good man.

your juggler is about to crack open his first chicory stout of the evening....'08 memories will be relived shortly.

god bless the united states of america. :clap:

:thumbup:

Love me some Chicory Stout. Catahoula, a good spot by me has it on tap right now.

It is a good place :P
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    I gotta find my picasa link of the video I recorded during game 5....you guys got me in the mood. Can't believe it's only 3 years ago. Seems like forever now...
    I gotta find my picasa link of the video I recorded during game 5....you guys got me in the mood. Can't believe it's only 3 years ago. Seems like forever now...

time fucking flies man. sucks.

i love the opening montage of the mlb dvd where jimmy, ryan, chase and everybody else is reading that inquirer article amid shots of the parade and game highlights. aaaaand the goosebumps have started. i gotta turn this thing on asap.
    www.myspace.com

i love the opening montage of the mlb dvd where jimmy, ryan, chase and everybody else is reading that inquirer article amid shots of the parade and game highlights. aaaaand the goosebumps have started. i gotta turn this thing on asap.

Ya see, I still gotta see that dvd - doesn't that have all the behind-the-scenes stuff during the games? I have the other collection - the five games, last two of the LCS, and a bonus dvd of the parade.

I'm sure I did, but did I ever link this here? http://www.jtgallagher.com/work/-power-hour-/

Fucking phenomenal.

EDIT: Also, that fucking pump-fake by Utley is one of the greatest plays in WS history, but will always go overlooked because A) people are dopes and B) because it's not Derek Jeter - which this play is so much more clutch than the miss-tag of Jeremy Giambi.
    All you RBI people. To quote Matsui about his 6 RBI in game 6.

"The hitters at the top of the Yankees lineup have a high on-base percentage. So we usually have a chance to score when my turn comes around and I was just fortunate enough to hit the ball"

"But that is not just my ability, I believe it is the lineup's ability. Those who hit in front of me from Jeter, Johnny, Teixeira, A-Rod. Their abilities have a lot to do with it."

Argue that knuckleheads.

Ya see, I still gotta see that dvd - doesn't that have all the behind-the-scenes stuff during the games? I have the other collection - the five games, last two of the LCS, and a bonus dvd of the parade.

I'm sure I did, but did I ever link this here? http://www.jtgallagher.com/work/-power-hour-/

Fucking phenomenal.

EDIT: Also, that fucking pump-fake by Utley is one of the greatest plays in WS history, but will always go overlooked because A) people are dopes and B) because it's not Derek Jeter - which this play is so much more clutch than the miss-tag of Jeremy Giambi.

that power hour thing is fucking awesome. yeah you posted it before.

yeah the one i'm watching has the behind the scenes stuff...good times. good times...
    www.myspace.com
    MATT FUCKING STAIRS!
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,802
    MATT FUCKING STAIRS!

for a sec i thought they resigned him :lol:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

"The hitters at the top of the Yankees lineup have a high on-base percentage. So we usually have a chance to score when my turn comes around and I was just fortunate enough to hit the ball"

"But that is not just my ability, I believe it is the lineup's ability. Those who hit in front of me from Jeter, Johnny, Teixeira, A-Rod. Their abilities have a lot to do with it."

Argue that knuckleheads.

What's your point? He had a bunch of huge hits and got a lot of well-deserved RBI's. I'm sure you were happy he got MVP, even though Chase should've gotten it, thanks to all those RBI's.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Argue that knuckleheads.

What's your point? He had a bunch of huge hits and got a lot of well-deserved RBI's. I'm sure you were happy he got MVP, even though Chase should've gotten it, thanks to all those RBI's.

Had nothing to do with 2009. I didn't really care who won the MVP, as long as the outcome was the same, Utley can have it. ;)

My point was to the people who think Howard is one of the best players in the game (or ever) because he hits a lot of RBI. As Matsui said, his 6 RBI are not just a reflection of his ability but the whole lineups ability.
    Hitting this spot up tonight. Looks awesome. It's where that irish bar (I can't think of the name) was, right by the Dark Horse in Headhouse Square.

http://www.thetwistedtail.com/home.html
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Had nothing to do with 2009. I didn't really care who won the MVP, as long as the outcome was the same, Utley can have it. ;)

My point was to the people who think Howard is one of the best players in the game (or ever) because he hits a lot of RBI. As Matsui said, his 6 RBI are not just a reflection of his ability but the whole lineups ability.

what did you expect him to say? :lol::lol:

of course you need people on base...then matsui needs to do his job. and, unfortunately for us, that fucker did a fucking great job. :x
    www.myspace.com
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    the fixer is the straw that stirs the drink :mrgreen:
    He knows about the draft and farm systems, thats about were his knowledge ends.

This is just about as dumb as your Ryan Howard comments.

zach duke!!!
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Argue that knuckleheads.

any real baseball fan knows that ryan howard was the true MVP of that series...for the yanks

'09 was when the howard free fall began. weird that this is right around the time amaro extended him (a move lauded by most here :roll: )
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    so ... AA picked up francisco from you guys ... what's the word on him?
  • polaris_x wrote:
    so ... AA picked up francisco from you guys ... what's the word on him?

He had a good opportunity to take the RF job beginning of last year and he sucked. He had a huge homer in the playoffs, but otherwise did nothing all season. Good speed but doesn't know how to steal bases, and seems like his defense should be better.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    He had a good opportunity to take the RF job beginning of last year and he sucked. He had a huge homer in the playoffs, but otherwise did nothing all season. Good speed but doesn't know how to steal bases, and seems like his defense should be better.

thanks ... i guess ... hahaha ...

well ... i don't believe in god but i do believe in AA ... so, here's hoping he was "misused" over there ... :lol:
    polaris_x wrote:

well ... i don't believe in god but i do believe in AA ... so, here's hoping he was "misused" over there ... :lol:

Dude's on his third team. Definitely hasn't been "misused". Definitely got more than his fair share of time to start both here and Cleveland. Dude's just an average player, but ya never know. He's versatile, plays all spots in the outfield, has a weak arm though, pulls everything, does everything at an average to below-average level.
    Ha. Just saw on Frank Gailey's baseball reference page that he's a Philly native.
    Dude's on his third team. Definitely hasn't been "misused". Definitely got more than his fair share of time to start both here and Cleveland. Dude's just an average player, but ya never know. He's versatile, plays all spots in the outfield, has a weak arm though, pulls everything, does everything at an average to below-average level.

no ... i hear ya ... i'm not expecting much for him ...
    Ha. Just saw on Frank Gailey's baseball reference page that he's a Philly native.

yeah looks like he went to carroll...and then west chester
    www.myspace.com

yeah looks like he went to carroll...and then west chester

Wow. Dub C grad gets drafted? Hmmm, I know football we had good ol' Lee Woodall, but didn't know of any ball players.
  • Well we do need a new left-handed power-hitter:

http://deadspin.com/5867604/phillies-si ... uben-amaro
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Well we do need a new left-handed power-hitter:

http://deadspin.com/5867604/phillies-si ... uben-amaro

was it necessary to out the leak!? ... she probably gonna get fired?
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    Best hitting pitchers in all of baseball. New strategy for the playoffs, fielders pitch and pitchers hit.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    polaris_x wrote:

I agree with this. solid fourth OF. much better than rajai davis

not like toronto gave up anything. Love the way AA operates
This discussion has been closed.